Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Notorious QIG posted:

finished the fallout 4 main quest, sided with railroad

overall i thought the main quest was p decent for a bethesda main quest, and it was nice that picking a faction isn't just picking a button in the final mission. the institute's motivations are still kinda hazy to me but w/e they provided a decent scifi villain for me to go and blow up

got a few sidequests to wrap up and wanna explore the glowing sea for a bit, but then i guess im done with this playthrough until the dlc

nice, i'm hoping to get to an ending tomorrow and then i can put it down for other stuff until DLC or hilarious mods

it's not my favorite game and i have some serious grievances with a lot of design decisions but FO4 has been real good so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Yodzilla posted:

nice, i'm hoping to get to an ending tomorrow and then i can put it down for other stuff until DLC or hilarious mods

it's not my favorite game and i have some serious grievances with a lot of design decisions but FO4 has been real good so far

fallout 4 is in every way a bethesda game. it's sprawling and massive and there's a ton to do and see, but things can start to be repetitive and the bugs are annoying and the presentation is pretty bad. i absolutely think fallout 4 is better than 3, and i'm hoping they do some really clever poo poo in the dlc. if you like bethesda games you will like fallout 4, if you do not like bethesda games you will not like it. if you've never played a bethesda game i think skyrim is a better introduction, but fallout 4 ain't a bad starting place either

also i look forward to mods to both fix the really broken poo poo (fuckin settlements mainly) as well as to let me tweak to my heart's content

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
can't wait for mothership zeta 2

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I've heard that there's only one ending clip with various voiceovers for it, and no slideshow for any locations?

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Improbable Lobster posted:

can't wait for mothership zeta 2

honestly i never really got the hate for mothership zeta. it's certainly better than operation anchorage and broken steel, and while the setting is ridiculous who gives a poo poo stop taking video games seriously

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

SynthOrange posted:

I've heard that there's only one ending clip with various voiceovers for it, and no slideshow for any locations?

this is unfortunately very true and it makes me sad. the clip is even prerecorded so you don't even see your character

goddammit bethesda sometimes i dont know why i like you

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

mothership zeta was my favorite of all the fo3 dlcs (except for whichever one fixed the ending, i suppose). i like aliens and space

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

have a screenshot from a late railroad quest. this is :siren: very spoilery :siren: obviously

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Sagebrush posted:

mothership zeta was my favorite of all the fo3 dlcs (except for whichever one fixed the ending, i suppose). i like aliens and space

broken steel was poo poo because it proved more than anything else that bethesda did not know how to make hard enemies that weren't bullet sponges. (point lookout had a similar problem but for different reasons; every enemy had ridiculous DR so you need a big gun that did a lot of damage per shot instead of small guns that could fire much faster)

they've actually gotten a lot better about that in fallout 4, even the enemies i was facing in the very last mission were going down to just a few gauss rifle shots

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

oh so something unfunny and repetitive, ok

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Notorious QIG posted:

i wonder this, too!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Notorious QIG posted:

this is unfortunately very true and it makes me sad. the clip is even prerecorded so you don't even see your character

loving lmao what the gently caress

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

Panty Saluter posted:

oh so something unfunny and repetitive, ok

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYIb-acZwk4

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Space-Pope posted:

i wonder this, too!

i think the reason i put up with their bullshit is because they are the only company that even attempts something like this. no other game, even other sprawling open worlds like witcher 3, come even remotely close to replicating the level of freedom that bethesda games give you. in witcher 3 i can press a button to magically light a candle. in skyrim i can cast a fireball that flips a table and sends every item on it flying. in batman i can find groups of thugs and take them down in a number of ways. in fallout i can grab whatever weapon i feel like and open fire on any city in the game. in zelda i can beat each dungeon in order of the quest. in bethesda games i can enter that dungeon far earlier and find quest items that i won't even need for another 20 hours

yeah their games are buggy and ugly and repetitive but goddamn it feels so good to have a game just drop you in a big area and tell you to go nuts

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

wait, thats how it was produced originally? :newlol:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Notorious QIG posted:

have a screenshot from a late railroad quest. this is :siren: very spoilery :siren: obviously

oh

i just got done murdering everyone on the prydwen because they gave me a quest to kill the railroad

i guess i'll miss that quest :shobon:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did they stick with essential dudes so there's one immortal guy on the thing as it goes down?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SynthOrange posted:

Did they stick with essential dudes so there's one immortal guy on the thing as it goes down?

i killed maxson outside a quest, so i'm guessing no

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Notorious QIG posted:

i think the reason i put up with their bullshit is because they are the only company that even attempts something like this. no other game, even other sprawling open worlds like witcher 3, come even remotely close to replicating the level of freedom that bethesda games give you. in witcher 3 i can press a button to magically light a candle. in skyrim i can cast a fireball that flips a table and sends every item on it flying. in batman i can find groups of thugs and take them down in a number of ways. in fallout i can grab whatever weapon i feel like and open fire on any city in the game. in zelda i can beat each dungeon in order of the quest. in bethesda games i can enter that dungeon far earlier and find quest items that i won't even need for another 20 hours

yeah their games are buggy and ugly and repetitive but goddamn it feels so good to have a game just drop you in a big area and tell you to go nuts

morrowind gave bethesda a permanent get out of jail free card in my world

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

SynthOrange posted:

worse

there are a few essential brotherhood npcs, and they are all children

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

children are always unkillable in bethesda games, it's a rating thing. if you just leave/return to the area they de-aggro anyways. skyrim was way, way worse about essential NPCs everywhere. maxson is killable whenever you think you're strong enough to murder the entire prydwyn.

skyrim really is the worst bethesda game in a lot of ways, idk why people like it so much.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's less boring visually than Oblivion. vOv

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

it successfully excised a bunch of bad bethesda from the formula (a breath of oxygen after basically three successive oblivions over 5 years) and married it to a pretty convincing viking simulator

say what you will about the dungeons and the gameplay they got the wilderness right

computer parts posted:

i cannot think of a single aspect that skyrim was worse than oblivion in

i think there could've been a successful compromise between keeping the traditional stat points and getting rid of the oblivion level-up cancer, but who knows

scamtank fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Nov 25, 2015

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
i cannot think of a single aspect that skyrim was worse than oblivion in

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

i mostly just disliked the copy/paste dungeons and essential npcs everywhere. i also broke the dumb leveling system by going unarmed which was pretty funny.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
i really wish that bethesda didn't have such a huge hardon for making random npcs that only matter for one quest essential

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

mothership zeta was by far the buggiest of the fallout 3 DLCs, but I enjoyed zapping wisconsin from orbit

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

pipe dream: they let obsidian do the DLC

crazier things have happened, right?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sudo Echo posted:

skyrim really is the worst bethesda game in a lot of ways, idk why people like it so much.

because if you told 10 year old me i could play mario in first person, and pick up and craft weapons and armor, and shoot lightning bolts while swinging an axe, i would wet my pants.

bideo james are loving mind blowing these days. god drat loving nerds

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

calm yer tits it's not the worst game ever but i had no desire to play it again like fo3 and nv.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.
whats the yospinion on the bloodborne dlc?

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Sudo Echo posted:

calm yer tits it's not the worst game ever but i had no desire to play it again like fo3 and nv.

srry nothing against you i just get heated after reading so many opinions about this or that sucks and have to vent

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

still don't get why the spellmaker had to go tho

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Radio Paranoia posted:

whats the yospinion on the bloodborne dlc?
havent gotten into it yet. rolled a new character, and just finished up with vicar amelia. so i just have got the dlc content opened up to me

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Replaces all of the Classical radio station's music with some of Death Grips greatest hits.
Just unzip this sucker to Fallout 4\Data and next time you play yr game, tune into the classical music station.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

skyrim's levelling was really good unless you spent the first 10 levels pickpocketing and trading or smth

its not near as bad as oblivion where it was really easy to gimp your character

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Notorious QIG posted:

dc would've been much more fun to explore if it didn't have such a heavy reliance on the subway system. it definitely has more Neat poo poo to discover than new vegas though

Like what.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Oh my God an epic town named...Dave? Bwah? That's loving awesome.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Hey guys we heard you really liked Liberty Prime? Like... REALLY liked him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Hey guys we heard you really liked Liberty Prime? Like... REALLY liked him?

Wait...is liberty prime really back? I thought that was a joke.

• Locked thread