Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wait...is liberty prime really back? I thought that was a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yes it was a joke, but then it turned out he really is back.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Wait...is liberty prime really back? I thought that was a joke.

it's bethesda

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

liberty prime is back but only if you side with the brotherhood

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
gonna get dat ps4 on friday, decided that far cry 4 will be the first real purchase due to the current psn coop sale and the 10% na code that went out for this weekend

might pick up a few more games depending on what comes out for bf psn sale

getting pretty stoked here. it's been a really really stressful past 6 months and looking forward to some a/v dopamine

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
from what I hear far cry 4 only takes 15 minutes to complete

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
maybe. i really enjoyed loving around in fc3 and opening towers etc before actually proceeding with the story so i am hoping this will produce the same chill. it's also only $23 cad now so doesn't have do to much to be worth the price of admission

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

at the date posted:

Until I can go full-on Heart of Darkness and spike people's heads on sticks around my settlement and become the white vault-dweller god of the savages ghouls, FO4 is a lovely open world game.

you can literally already do this though

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Al! posted:

from what I hear far cry 4 only takes 15 minutes to complete

followed by a half hour of credits

Kenny Logins posted:

maybe. i really enjoyed loving around in fc3 and opening towers etc before actually proceeding with the story so i am hoping this will produce the same chill. it's also only $23 cad now so doesn't have do to much to be worth the price of admission

fc4 is just like fc3 except they give you a wingsuit right after the prologue and gyrocopters to reign death from above with a grenade pistol

you can even fly a gyrocopter on top of a tower if you have a steady enough hand

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

games like the far cry games (after the first one) or just cause that take place in 3rd world countries are a pretty good version of that kind of fun but the thing that interests me the most about them is that they seem to reflect cultural anxieties about how the west has been unable to fix the problems created by their own imperialism through violence in the name of good.

ultimately they usually seem to resolve to either "save yourself" or "turns out violence in the name of good is great!"

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Al! posted:

games like the far cry games (after the first one) or just cause that take place in 3rd world countries are a pretty good version of that kind of fun but the thing that interests me the most about them is that they seem to reflect cultural anxieties about how the west has been unable to fix the problems created by their own imperialism through violence in the name of good.

ultimately they usually seem to resolve to either "save yourself" or "turns out violence in the name of good is great!"
granted

but I also played fc3 similar to my archer run of skyrim. basically a chill af hunting simulator for the first 20 hours

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kenny Logins posted:

granted

but I also played fc3 similar to my archer run of skyrim.

obsessively stacking rocks?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

computer parts posted:

obsessively stacking rocks?
please don't inukshame :canada:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Blackula69 posted:

you can literally already do this though

No sorry, "decorating your wasteland homestead" is not the same as starting your own faction of slavish fanatics ruled by terror to rival the Brotherhood et al.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

yeah that would be pretty cool. just saying you can put the heads on sticks (we've got ventriloquists)

running your own outfit in stalker: clear sky was fun as heck

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
You have perfect freedom in Fallout 4, as long as you don't get even slightly ambitious. Bethesda gave you a post-apocalyptic version of The Sims.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

why isn't their some rich eccentric who pays people to make weird mods for him

that's what i would do. get the guy behind the cthulhu mod for half-life, neil manke, and brian mitsoda to just keep making hl2 mods

loving larry's worthless dumbass son wants to make top gun 2 and my idea is way cooler

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Blackula69 posted:

why isn't their some rich eccentric who pays people to make weird mods for him

that's what i would do. get the guy behind the cthulhu mod for half-life, neil manke, and brian mitsoda to just keep making hl2 mods

loving larry's worthless dumbass son wants to make top gun 2 and my idea is way cooler

They exist, but you'll never see them. For example, how many of those "borderline pedophile" Skyrim modders do you suppose keep "full-on pedophile" versions for themselves?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

by weird i mean fun and strange

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

there's enough actually weird mods already

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

I saw someone wearing those stupid cat ear headphones today

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

I saw someone wearing those stupid cat ear headphones today

and you didn't say hello to me? rude

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

all right it's payday time to get in on this fallout action. should i play 3 or skip straight to new vegas.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

also: is the pittsburgh dlc any good. i like pittsburgh

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

As a Millennial I posted:

all right it's payday time to get in on this fallout action. should i play 3 or skip straight to new vegas.

new vegas, absolutely

also: is the pittsburgh dlc any good. i like pittsburgh

i actually quite like the pitt, although people rightfully think that its story is stupid. the setting is really cool though

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

definitely vegas.

fallout 3 was terrible.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

new vegas, absolutely

i actually quite like the pitt, although people rightfully think that its story is stupid. the setting is really cool though
counterpoint: as someone who played through fo3 goty i don't really remember anything great about the pitt other than the basic moral choice. it just seemed like a vaguely urban setting that was called pittsburgh, to me, a person who has never been to pittsburgh

deffo new vegas

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

if you really love infinity engine games, go with new vegas

if you are into these games for the thrill of exploration go with fallout 3

both are pretty dated feeling and looking at this point though, so brace for that

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

age of empires 2 is still good

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

counterpoint: as someone who played through fo3 goty i don't really remember anything great about the pitt other than the basic moral choice. it just seemed like a vaguely urban setting that was called pittsburgh, to me, a person who has never been to pittsburgh

deffo new vegas

i mean it's not very pittsburgh-like, but they do a really good job of selling the concept of a former steel city reduced to slaves and slavers, where anybody who spends too long there degenerates into a horrific monster from the pollution in the air

the story is bad, but i think it's by far the most atmospheric of any of fallout 3's locations other than maybe the dunwich building

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

speaking of the dunwich building, has anybody else found the quarry yet

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Notorious QIG posted:

the setting is really cool though

agreed.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i've never played any bethesda games.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

i mean it's not very pittsburgh-like, but they do a really good job of selling the concept of a former steel city reduced to slaves and slavers, where anybody who spends too long there degenerates into a horrific monster from the pollution in the air

the story is bad, but i think it's by far the most atmospheric of any of fallout 3's locations other than maybe the dunwich building
yeah, fair enough. if it wasn't intended to refer to pittsburgh it would have stood well enough on its own

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

PlayStation 4

Gauntlet: Slayer Edition
King’s Quest - Chapter 1: A Knight to Remember

PlayStation 3

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
SSX

Vita

Freedom Wars
Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Chicken 

:wtf:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

I'm the single episode of a game in 2015 where the first ep of every telltale game is free

blood dragon is great for those 6 people who want to play it but haven't yet

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Kenny Logins posted:

yeah, fair enough. if it wasn't intended to refer to pittsburgh it would have stood well enough on its own

yeah pretty much the only pittsburgh things about it are the old steel industry, the 10th street bridge, and the cathedral of learning. being fallout though they kinda had to base it on a real-world city

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

this is me realizing that point lookout was actually based on a real place

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

hmm. i wonder how cheap the last of us is by now. that might be pittsburghier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Kenny Logins posted:

this is me realizing that point lookout was actually based on a real place

that one was the most like the new vegas DLCs from what i can remember

actually it reminds me most of the dragonborn dlc from skyrim except with like 10% of the content

• Locked thread