Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
*spooky ethereal ghost voice*
I'm a dead CT. I died yesterday after an amazing 3v1 clutch retake on A site Mirage. I was defusing the bomb. I thought I had time. Turns out 9.75s doesn't equal 10 sec. I was dumb and want to help my reincarnated self, and other CT in our battle against the terrorist.

Is there anyone out there with basic etiquette on purchasing kits. I usually don't do it because of nades. That smoke is appealing. 2 Flashes to kill with or flash my way out gently caress yeah. Look I only have like $300 left. No kit this time. Or I just don't have money to use grenades. How do you just "know" where a fallen teammates kits is. It's hard for me to follow who is who on the mini map :(

Spooky Ghost EDIT: Thx for who ever said buying helmets CT side were a waste. I feel like I die almost the same amount but save a significant amount of $$

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Are you playing MM? Kits matter a lot less. Here's some rules I made up on the spot just for you:

If you can afford a kit and your team has 0 or 1 kit, always buy a kit (obviously buy rounds only).

If you have < $2000 after buying weapons/nades and your team already has 3 kits, don't buy a kit.

If you have > $2000 after buying weapons/nades, buy a kit.

Kits are a vast expense (2x the original cost in CS at $400). The bomb timer is 10 seconds longer in MM, but kits only knock off 5 seconds, so you already get a bonus 5 seconds to defuse the bomb without a kit. In that case, the only time where a shorter defuse is relevant is if you are super slow or you are trying to ninja defuse.

I think 3/5 players with kits is ample for MM. You have time to find fallen kits, and chances are you won't even need it. Few rounds end in a bomb defuse, fewer involve you personally defusing, even fewer have no players with kits alive on your team, and fewer still go down to the absolute wire where a kit is mandatory. So yeah.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Have they rebalanced the USP and the P2000? I haven't played in a while and the M4A1 seems like a joke now, but I'm not sure about the pistols.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
Most people like the USP more, but the difference isn't massive so if you like the P2000 more then just use that.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
M4A1 is still a good gun but it's not the best rifle no matter what it was before.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Elman posted:

Have they rebalanced the USP and the P2000? I haven't played in a while and the M4A1 seems like a joke now, but I'm not sure about the pistols.
The A1 is still completely viable. much easier to control the spray now and limit the amount of bullets you send out.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

M4A1 is still a good gun but it's not the best rifle no matter what it was before.

I think it's still better than the a4 by a lot tbh

OTOH being able to panic spray is very nice

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I did the a4 for a while and went back to the a1 and definitely have had better performance over all.. The a4 is a strange gun, I kind of wish valve would tighten up a couple of those early rounds on all these rifles

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Is it better than the AUG, though

(like I really need to ask)

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

nftyw posted:

I'd take a Galil over an AUG. :ssh: I'm serious

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

nftyw posted:

aug owns. f#@k the h8rs!!!

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

You guys were spot-on about things I noticed myself, even if I thought my aim was at least "ok" :( Hopefully as I work my dps down that will get better. My dps is at 650 currently, but I am hoping to work my way to 550. I've been doing aimbots, and can reliably control recoil there, but once I get to MM I completely forget to do it in the heat of battle.

Just as a suggestion, even though its probably too late. Its a lot easier to start low and then work your way up. You'll probably be poo poo, but slowing down is a lot harder than speeding up. Also what's your in game sense.

Elman posted:

The A1 is just actually an alternative rather than the for sure now. I never thought about it before, but there definitely are a lot less bullets used in sprays now because of the speed.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

fennesz posted:

Then you're a clown. I love the galil but the AUG is a straight up better gun, especially if you abuse quick scoping.

Kwilty
May 31, 2011

fennesz posted:

Are you talking down on the Aug? I call you PikaSpiros use Gun Rage

e: so close to a good post.

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed
just tap spray the aug and ssg unless you're about to go back into cover then burst with whatever bullets get you back in there

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Carol Pizzamom posted:

just tap spray the aug and ssg unless you're about to go back into cover then burst with whatever bullets get you back in there

I unscoped spray with the SG a lot and it fucks people up. Fucks me up to do it. I would probably do the same with the AUG if I ever picked one up or saw one.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Hey

Mcvey

MOUZ #1

http://www.plays.tv/video/564c618a42b4e27bd3/2-guys-1-bullet

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
My biggest pet peeve is when someone picks up an SG and unscope sprays at a guy like 20 yards away and dies. If you would have just scoped in sprayed you would have got him! Most people don't use the SG so they probably just aren't aware of the different spray patterns

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Get your smurf on boys. CSGO is on sale.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

fennesz posted:

Get your smurf on boys. CSGO is on sale.

Oh poo poo, buying it no matter what it costs!

I can't open steam at work or I'd buy it now :(

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
can't wait to play 5 hours of valve modes to get yet another usable account

e: wow
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3u96ss/why_does_scream_use_qszd_movement/

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Nov 25, 2015

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.
lol

PLS SEND CONFIG!!

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

hey gamers, if ur on the look out for a 144hz monitor for the cheapo: ASUS VG248QE

use the coupon code: MBLNOV2515 (TODAY ONLY) and u can get a $10 discount putting the total at a cool 199.49

Daeno
May 29, 2007

Found you have to go alone

Smithereens posted:

hey gamers, if ur on the look out for a 144hz monitor for the cheapo: ASUS VG248QE

use the coupon code: MBLNOV2515 (TODAY ONLY) and u can get a $10 discount putting the total at a cool 199.49

That's my monitor, and it's fantastic.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Anytime I try to connect to any valve game time I fail out.
"Match Making
Failed to connect to Match Making"

Went into steam and verified csgo files and it found 1 issue which it stated it would re-download the 'bad file.'

Tried connecting again, no dice. Any ideas?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

fennesz posted:

Bitch, the AUG owns

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

thats epic

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Bohemian Nights posted:

can't wait to play 5 hours of valve modes to get yet another usable account

e: wow
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3u96ss/why_does_scream_use_qszd_movement/

this is the greatest thing i've ever read off of reddit

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Luna Was Here posted:

this is the greatest thing i've ever read off of reddit
Almost as good as the guy who posted asking about Scott and who he was replacing on C9.

e: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3f9q8s/who_is_scott_in_the_cloud9_ama/

symbolic fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Nov 26, 2015

Eaterofpoptarts
Oct 7, 2013
Hey guys, could anyone give me a "betting skins 101" real fast? Like what's the best site and how do I do it, etc. I'm in the group chatrooms on Steam, my name is DESTЯOYKA.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Eaterofpoptarts posted:

Like what's the best site and how do I do it, etc.
None and you don't, because betting skins is dumb.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Eaterofpoptarts posted:

Hey guys, could anyone give me a "betting skins 101" real fast? Like what's the best site and how do I do it, etc. I'm in the group chatrooms on Steam, my name is DESTЯOYKA.

you don't anymore, Steam is rolling out escrow which is going to kill skin betting.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

you don't anymore, Steam is rolling out escrow which is going to kill skin betting.
Can you explain Escrow? I've heard about it but I don't know what exactly it is.

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
lmao how would you even do it on qwerty keyboard. your hand is in a kind of hosed up guitar chord position

symbolic posted:

Can you explain Escrow? I've heard about it but I don't know what exactly it is.
probably like this "As with traditional escrow, Internet escrow works by placing money in the control of an independent and licensed third party in order to protect both buyer and seller in a transaction. When both parties verify the transaction has been completed per terms set, the money is released. If at any point there is a dispute between the parties in the transaction, the process moves along to dispute resolution.

Pookum fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Nov 26, 2015

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Photex posted:

which is going to kill skin betting.

:pray:

Although valve have clearly shown a willingness to white list websites like CSGOLounge from having their bots pruned. But for real I hope skin betting and jackpot sites get murdered at some point.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

symbolic posted:

When you do a trade with a randomer, your skins are held by valve independently for a mandatory period of time during which are you able to cancel the trade at any time. Or something like that.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

symbolic posted:

how it works from what i remember reading is that every trade no matter what it is is thrown into a limbo situation after it happens. During this time period the trade can be cancelled by either party. The only way this doesn't happen is if you have a Steam Mobile Authenticator through their lovely mobile app and you manually verify every single trade. Small trades between common joe me and you won't be affected to heavily by this, but for places like csgl who take in hundreds of trades a second, that poo poo ain't happenin.

if you do want to do it, csgolounge is the most popular. However, reddits approval of Fanobet is kicking up after a match that they pulled and returned skins on (and csgl did not) where one of the two teams was more than likely cheating. However, bet at your own discretion

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Luna Was Here posted:

However, reddits approval of Fanobet is kicking up after a match that they pulled and returned skins on (and csgl did not) where one of the two teams was more than likely cheating. However, bet at your own discretion
UX was definitely cheating, though. I saw some of the demos and Jesus, :laffo:. Dukiii played with alexRr and faker on Touch the Crown before (where even then he was suspect in their match against TSM) and he just got banned from FaceIt for cheating, so it's only a matter of time before this tower of cards comes falling down.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
I haven't seen the demos just descriptions of what was happening. it surely sounds like hacks but if the demos make it that much more telling than wowzers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Luna Was Here posted:

I haven't seen the demos just descriptions of what was happening. it surely sounds like hacks but if the demos make it that much more telling than wowzers
Yeah, it's sad really. You can make your own conclusions.

UX vs. penta, dust2
TTC vs. TSM, cache

• Locked thread