Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I think some of the fastest blood echo farming you can do is blasting through the shadows and pigs in Mergos Loft with some Moon runes equipped. dont forget to make the pigs fight the other guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Thanks, this is way more efficient if only because you actually get a decent amount of echoes.

I beat the second boss and after I saw what was next I knew my friends would want to see.

Happy to hear my suggestion helped!

I know what you mean about the stuff after the second boss, it's so cool! Every time I think I have seen the coolest thing the DLC has to offer, it tops itself! I don't think there's been a single boring or disappointing moment in the whole DLC so far!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the DLC has fully consumed my thoughts. its cool

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

"drat. poo poo" - me, getting owned over and over by theDLC while remaining extremely enraptured

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Does going to ng+ reset your chalice dungeons? I only ask because I don't think I want to do all of them before I fight the final boss.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Evil Eagle posted:

Does going to ng+ reset your chalice dungeons? I only ask because I don't think I want to do all of them before I fight the final boss.

nope, any progress or chalices remain throughout difficulty levels

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

sector_corrector posted:

nope, any progress or chalices remain throughout difficulty levels

cool, I'm going to hit the dlc hard tonight. If I can finish it then I'll beat the game and look up how many areas I missed.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i think playing fallout 4 sapped some sort of vital gamer essence, because i loving suck at this game now. like 10 tries so far on the first DLC boss. shameful.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

sector_corrector posted:

i think playing fallout 4 sapped some sort of vital gamer essence, because i loving suck at this game now. like 10 tries so far on the first DLC boss. shameful.

the first boss is really hard, I died to him a bunch. the dlc is just hard in general even some of the random mooks runnin around can be really tough. only part that was relatively easy I thought was the second boss fight but it was still challenging, just not as hard as the rest

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
luckily i thought about and dreamt about ludwig's attack patterns, im having a way better go of it today

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the guy banging on the gate outside drops 5 vials every time. it helps a lot

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

HolePisser1982 posted:

luckily i thought about and dreamt about ludwig's attack patterns, im having a way better go of it today

guess it fair to say you had a hunters dream..

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HolePisser1982 posted:

oh, cool, i didn't know that. also he shows up as an NPC phantom when you're in other people's worlds, so it made me wary of killing him

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

I kept looking at him with the monocular, he's too cute to kill. The lady staring at him though I killed every time after what she did the first time I went towards the boss area.

I love looking at everything in this game so I am glad that healing is its own button and I can always have the monocular equipped. it is very ftw

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
Gonna get Bloodborne and PS4 on Black Friday, the Dark Souls of shopping. Wish me luck, fellow gamers.

Dec 26, 2012

good luck

Dec 26, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

definitely, id have gone nuts if i had to farm vials on top of dying a shitload

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i didn't realize about the vial guy, and burned through like 80 of my stored vials (a lot of those were co-op attempts though). luckily the first run through the DLC isn't too hard and everything drops a shitload of echoes, so i'm pretty sure i can build up a lot more quickly. i was really hoping the preDLC patch would fix vial management. it still does that thing where you don't refresh vials after dying in co-op.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The Boom Hammer is so freaking badass, as is the Whirligig Saw. I'm definitely going to do some suicide runs to grab them in later playthroughs.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I've been using the rakuyo, it's a lot like the blades of mercy just a little slower and stronger but it has cool spinny moves

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Jumping attack and fully charged R2 with the Boom Hammer creates a huge explosion. It's so cool.

Dec 26, 2012

finally got him under half :eyepop:

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

01011001 posted:

hahahaha, that loving cutscene!

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

01011001 posted:

lol

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Has anyone found/used the Gatling gun yet

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Benny D posted:

i've found it, but my guy is dex heavy, and it has similar requirements to the cannon, so i can't use it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Benny D posted:

It's in a cave near the blood river full of tick monsters along with another sweet weapon. seems like it would be really strong if you upgrade it.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the movesets on the new weapons are blowing my mind. everything seriously rules

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The arm is extremely badass

Dec 26, 2012

i have a bunch of these early-get weapons but only one of them is skill-based. qq

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm surprised how easy it has been to get back into Bloodborne for me. I am nearing the Vicar now.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
cool whirligig tip: hold down L2 to activate chainsaw mode

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Third boss is incredible and took me almost all night to beat, and the third area is really cool and disturbing. The boss there is kicking my rear end so I'll have to try again tomorrow.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i liked nightmare frontier and the boss was cool, but nightmare of mensis is miserable up to the castle eve though there's really like 6 enemies all the way there from the bonfire and u can just ru n past everyone

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the spider castle seems less miserable than the rest tho.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I wonder if the Bloodletter L2 frenzy can affect Cooperators

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
the second dlc boss is bad! it even has "fail" in its name!!!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's a good and funny boss to prepare you for the amazing boss afterwards.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
i honestly think its pretty lazy. its basically celestial emissary or w/e from base game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

gonna finally be able to play this after fracturing my wrist, is there like a class/weapon that is good for noobs to get started on?