Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joedevola
Sep 11, 2004

worst song, played on ugliest guitar

Thank you. There was no freude in that gif at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

zakharov posted:

The dude who crashed the car on a straight, unobstructed road...

..the dog walking in with his toy and just wagging his tail.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Always use protection:

http://i.imgur.com/epWhPrJ.gifv

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The dog is the best part of that video. He's just so happy to be on camera with his squeaky toy :3:

I Am Crake
Mar 31, 2010

There is so much beautiful in the world if you look around. You are only looking at the dirt under your feet, Jimmy. It's not good for you.
It's no wonder the boat felt like ramming the shore with a name like HARDANGER

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

I Am Crake posted:

I so want this to be real, and I'd so like this to turn into an actual case and see the cocky, irresponsible idiot lose to the just plain stupid idiot. I mean you have to be a grade-a dipshit to do something like throw sugar in your gas tank because you read about it on Facebook, but where's the humor in posting something like that? Isn't the whole point trying to trick idiots into doing it, like the iPhone microwave thing? It's just malicious.

If someone is that stupid that they can't do a little Googling to see if that poo poo's real, they deserve whatever consequences come from their stupidity. This isn't like giving a baby a lemon and laughing at its funny faces, these are grown-rear end adults that should know better. If they don't, it's their own goddamn fault, let them learn the hard way and get ridiculed.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

nerdz posted:

Oh my god, this is one of the best I've seen so far. The bicycle guy and the dog that comes to check up on him :3:

"Here, will this penguin help? Oh, I'm on camera... :3: "

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Holy poo poo that's dumb it would be so easy for that to have just covered up her whole head and suffocated her.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

thespaceinvader posted:

Holy poo poo that's dumb it would be so easy for that to have just covered up her whole head and suffocated her.

http://i.imgur.com/XTQmQ8o.gifv

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

thespaceinvader posted:

If she didnt have hands, arms, was paralyzed, and had no instinct for self preservation. Then maybe.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

thespaceinvader posted:

:jeb:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mds2 posted:

If she didnt have hands, arms, was paralyzed, and had no instinct for self preservation. Then maybe.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

mds2 posted:

Don't forget she would need to not have help there so the whole operation would need to be a solo project.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Birb Katter posted:

Don't forget she would need to not have help there so the whole operation would need to be a solo project.
At this point the most likely way for this to happen is a rather elaborate execution in Arkham City.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

ExecuDork posted:

The first time I heard abou the sugar-in-the-fuel-tank thing was when I was about 17 and discovered some of the versions of and commentaries on The Anarchist'sCookbook. In one description I read somewhere - probably on a dial-up BBS, this would have been about 1994 - the author went on a long rant about the damage to Mother Earth caused by industrial logging and clearcutting and so forth, and mentioned it as the budding eco-terrorist's entry-level way into violent activism.

Was that out of Getting Even: the Big Book of Dirty Tricks?

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Canuckistan posted:

Defense lawyer takes one for the team and gets his client a mistrial by showing up drunk.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WP68WjxxH3o

Good lord, you'd think a lawyer of all people would be able to keep his (totally bullshit) story straight. This is great, yeah. Poor dude was facing a life sentence too.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

zakharov posted:

The dude who crashed the car on a straight, unobstructed road...

Liftoff oversteer is a hell of a drug.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Trump, in a rare and shocking case of clarity and sensitivity, has stated that he would "certainly implement" a database to register and track Muslims in America. A man on twitter responded accordingly:

Then others joined.

http://distractify.com/news/2015/11/22/mark-muslim-database-id

I really hope Trump continues to keep flapping his face hole until the day he loses the elections, because the symptoms of his foot-in-mouth disease are truly :allears:

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:

kinmik posted:

Trump, in a rare and shocking case of clarity and sensitivity, has stated that he would "certainly implement" a database to register and track Muslims in America. A man on twitter responded accordingly:

Then others joined.

http://distractify.com/news/2015/11/22/mark-muslim-database-id

I really hope Trump continues to keep flapping his face hole until the day he loses the elections, because the symptoms of his foot-in-mouth disease are truly :allears:

also let's not forget "hey let's start keeping track of all our citizens of $RELIGION" was literally Thing 1 the nazis did in the holocaust :godwin:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Man, The Dark Knight Rises did not hold up well over the years...

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
How to make your skateboard more of a death trap:
1. Install the hardware wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgWHTU3L4q8

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I can see the end results, but I still don't understand why it's so unstable?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
It's not that it's unstable, it's that if you put your trucks on backwards leaning right turns you left and vice versa.

e: this is a rare case where reading youtube comments is actually informative

Noctone has a new favorite as of 08:57 on Nov 25, 2015

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Nothing to see here.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Phanatic posted:

Liftoff oversteer is a hell of a drug.

Excellent post juxtaposition

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
It put it in goon terms its like inverting X-axis input for when your guy gets a debuff.

Two Feet From Bread
Apr 20, 2009

I'm. A. Fucking. Nazi.

please punch me in the face
i love it
give it to me daddy
College Slice

Noctone posted:

It's not that it's unstable, it's that if you put your trucks on backwards leaning right turns you left and vice versa.

e: this is a rare case where reading youtube comments is actually informative

What you are saying is literally impossible without some major machine parts in every skateboard. work. Congrats for believing YouTube comments but they are still stupid.

Turning on skate boards is friction based. When you lean left, there is more friction on the left wheels than the right, because of weight, so you turn left. The trucks augment the turn to a pretty standard degree bit have no affect on direction, just magnitude. Either the guy in the video was faking it or he is just bad at skateboarding.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

President Ark posted:

also let's not forget "hey let's start keeping track of all our citizens of $RELIGION" was literally Thing 1 the nazis did in the holocaust :godwin:

Well, when Trump does his speeches, we can clearly see where he's gotten his inspiration from.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme

Two Feet From Bread posted:

What you are saying is literally impossible without some major machine parts in every skateboard. work. Congrats for believing YouTube comments but they are still stupid.

Turning on skate boards is friction based. When you lean left, there is more friction on the left wheels than the right, because of weight, so you turn left. The trucks augment the turn to a pretty standard degree bit have no affect on direction, just magnitude. Either the guy in the video was faking it or he is just bad at skateboarding.

The trucks are the major machine part. They pivot on an angled post, and when downward pressure is applied, they rotate a bit on that axis. When properly installed, downward pressure on, say, the left side of the board causes the trucks to turn toward the board's center on that side, and away from it on the far side. This shortens the wheelbase on the inside and lengthens it on the outside, and causes the board to turn left.

Install the trucks backwards, and they do the opposite.

The board can't turn purely on friction, or any thing on four non-pivoting wheels would turn when unevenly loaded.

e: On a correct installation, the rider's weight is applied outside of the axles on the inboard side of the turn, forcing them to pivot inward. When backwards, it's applied inside of the axles, forcing them to pivot outward.

ArcMage has a new favorite as of 14:07 on Nov 25, 2015

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Well someone's stupid, but it's not the comments on YouTube.

Friction is what gives the wheels grip, not what makes it turn.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

It's like you've never touched a skateboard before.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You see when you steer in a car it's putting on the brakes on that side

Apathetic Artist
Dec 23, 2010

My favourite schadenfreude is arrogant idiots trying to act knowledgeable. Thanks for this!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Maybe with them on backwards the board has a shorter wheel base and therefore turns more sharply/is more sensitive to balance?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Kidney Stone posted:

Well, when Trump does his speeches, we can clearly see where he's gotten his inspiration from.

It's amazing, usually when a politician says something that gets push back or controversy, they clarify and apologize (O'Malley with Blacks Lives Matter, Bush with 'I'd still go into Iraq') and are still usually the worse for the experience. Trump just forgets he ever said it or even doubles down and it's working.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
The word part of my brain is stupidly refusing to play nice with my picture brain part. Could someone provide some sort of diagram as to why putting the trucks on backwards switches the turn angle? I'm asking this unironically, I'm actually kinda confused here and want to learn more.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Did you quote this from the comments

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I've never owned a skate board but I'd imagine there's a wedge with a spring that is normally level, and when you put weight on one side as the wedge slides along it forces the truck to turn slightly and so the skateboard turns. Technically I suppose that's "machine parts" but what isn't these days?

I'm sure there's a wiki article.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Dex posted:

Did you quote this from the comments

I thought it had to do with tides and El Niņo.