Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its the most likely turn of events. Jack has some connection to kaido who I think was heavily involved with the wano country so it would make sense that that island is the big one and also ends the samurai's being part of the crew like alabasta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
I think Wano is definitely the next country. Zou seems to be close in proximity based on the apparent dislike of Minkmen towards samurai, plus Kaidou being properly introduced and Dofy apparently being rescued by Jack.

I also think Zoro will get an upgrade, possibly through a new technique from Kinemon or a master swordsman in Wano to defeat Kaidou's forces and free Wano, and an Ace flashback from his time on Wano.

Teriyaki Koinku fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Nov 22, 2015

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You know, I'm kinda hoping that this arc is gonna be just wrapping up the B-Team's adventures and moving on without a huge, climatic fight first.

That's what it feels like right now, something huge happened and the Straw Hats got involved, defeated the big bad and saved the day. So all the fighting is already done and most of what's left to do is party, pack up and leave. Well and I guess find that Wano guy the other samurai have been looking for, and hopefully not start another fight over that potential misunderstanding. Anyway, point is, I think is has the potential to be a shorter arc than the last. Not hard since Dressrosa was possibly the biggest arc the series has had, but still, I don't think we're gonna be on this island long.

I give it three months, five tops.

That's basically how I felt about Punk Hazard and look how that turned out

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

SatansBestBuddy posted:

I give it three months, five tops.

Man we gonna be on Zou till 2017

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

I don't think we'll be getting another short arc ever again; everything is too tied into the main plot now. I'd hope Zou doesn't go beyond 40-50 chapters though.

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I don't think we'll be getting another short arc ever again; everything is too tied into the main plot now. I'd hope Zou doesn't go beyond 40-50 chapters though.

Yeah, 40-50 is the new short; both fishman island and punk hazard were in that range. Dressrosa was 101 chapters. If we get a lot of curlyhat flashbacks, maybe Zou will be in between at like 60 chapters? But I'd be fine with less than 50.

AshB
Sep 16, 2007
I hope every arc isn't as long as Dressrosa. It was too much. But I won't hold my breath. This current arc seems like the New world equivalent of Skypeia.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

When they travel to the next island I hope they travel on the elephant.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

One of the leaders of Zou gets super mad at Wano and manages to redirect the elephant to trample Wano to dust. Luffy saves Wano by punching the elephant really hard.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

One of the leaders of Zou gets super mad at Wano and manages to redirect the elephant to trample Wano to dust. Luffy saves Wano by punching the elephant really hard.

The true purpose for developing his "Elephant Gun" technique.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

I will be extremely disappointed if this doesn't happen.

Or if Oda does not somehow incorporate the elephant into this arc's climax.

Millions
Sep 13, 2007

Do you believe in heroes?
Zou is the new Laboon. Luffy will punch him and learn his tragic past, leading into the Wano/Kaido arc.

The dub will turn him into a wandering iceberg.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

What if Zunisha ends up having absolutely no backstory and was never expanded upon? I mean, it'd suck and all but it WOULD be a surprise.

Raposa
Aug 4, 2007

That post went quite well, I think.

Hitlersaurus Christ posted:

What if Zunisha ends up having absolutely no backstory and was never expanded upon? I mean, it'd suck and all but it WOULD be a surprise.

If there isn't a poneglyph on this elephant I'll eat my hat.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Sinners Sandwich posted:

That's basically how I felt about Punk Hazard and look how that turned out

Why would you think that about Punk Hazard?

The only reason I'm thinking that about Zou is because Sanji and Co. have already been on the island for a week, but Punk Hazard was brand new and untouched until Luffy got onto the island to mess things up, so of course that spiraled out of control. Things have already cooled off here, so I don't much see why we'd stay here beyond picking the crew up and tying off loose ends. Kinda like another Sabaody, only with more flashbacks.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

AshB posted:

I hope every arc isn't as long as Dressrosa. It was too much. But I won't hold my breath. This current arc seems like the New world equivalent of Skypeia.

Well keep in mind that between Alabasta and Skypiea we had Jaya, so Zou might be the New World equivalent of Jaya, where the Hats show up, do a quick thing, Luffy punches out a guy who's being an rear end in a top hat and then everyone fucks off for somewhere else connected to it - in this case, presumably Wano.

drjuggalo
Jul 26, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bq8XlJ4NjE

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I'm watching the anime for the first time and got to Brook's backstory. It's so sad :(

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

RC Cola posted:

I'm watching the anime for the first time and got to Brook's backstory. It's so sad :(

Yeah, One Piece makes me cry a lot but that backstory in particular is hella emotional.

That final performance as they die off one by one...

I generally dislike the anime cause of all the padding but Brook's backstory is really good cause you can hear the song.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Pro-click

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

"Coup... coup..... coup de fuckin... whatever they call it, man."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

RC Cola posted:

quartet ...... trio ......

duet .....

solo ..........

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

oddium posted:

duet .....

solo ..........

That made me cry. One piece is very good and making me feel emotions. It was worse because I knew it was coming from the manga... The anime just brought them all to life so much more. And then Brook hanging out alone slowly going insane.

hell astro course
Dec 10, 2009

pizza sucks

This man says what our hearts are feeling. It's amazing. I hope he recaps every chapter...I've never seen anything more correct.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Motherfucker's talking for almost an entire anime episode's length about a single chapter

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Captain Invictus posted:

Motherfucker's talking for almost an entire anime episode's length about a single chapter

Well, that's the norm for the anime now anyway. He actually covers more ground than some of them.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

Half of its just the same poo poo too.

I love it

Bible Ian Black
Jul 16, 2009

I'M THE GUY
WHO SUCKS

PLUS I GOT
DEPRESSION

RC Cola posted:

I've been checking out important moments in the dub to see how it goes and holy poo poo Ian Sinclair just loving kills it as Brook, that scene hosed with me twice now because of hearing someone else deliver that finale.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

oddium posted:

duet .....

solo ..........

4kids Version: "Wow guys you're all so tired! Don't worry, I'll keep playing you a lullaby so you can all sleep! Wow, I'm really tired myself. Dead tired!"

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

No chapter yet but here's the spoilers.

From the Decks of the World ~ The 500,000,000 Man ~Vol. 4 Usopp's Hometown, Syrup Village
-Wanda's recollection continues...
Mammoth: "The warrior from Wano should be here!!"
The Minkfolk begin talking.
"A mammoth? Why is an ancient animal like that...!?"
The monkey that fell on Kin'emon as the Strawhats were climbing the big elephant climbs the watchtower and begins ringing the bell.
He screams to the forest "Ha...ha... Enemy attack~~~!!!!」
Minks:"The gate's been broken!"
"It's pirates!!! Drive them out of here~~!!!!」
Minks:"Warrior from Wano!? Raizou!? We don't know anything about him!!" "Don't wreck our country!! Go away!!"
-Sheepshead, "The Top Star of the Gifters" appears.-
Sheepshead:"Hahaha… you、the illusive country of the Minks…you really are quite beastly"
Minks: Identify yourself!! Who are you-gara?!!
Sheepshead: "Do you know who you're talking to?!! You're in the presence of the Emperor Kaidou's retainer!!
"One of his 3 closest members called 'The Disasters'!! 'Jack the Drought'!!"
-The area Jack passed through is withered and destroyed just as his name implies.-
"Hand over Raizou!! You wouldn't want to have you peaceful lives jeopardized would you!? Or do you want to fight?」
Jack's goons: "Gehehehe"
Monjii(an old Mink)"We don't wish to fight!! But if you have no ears to listen to us, it does no good to talk..."
"You're Jack you say...we don't lie. If you're looking for someone you may search each building..."
-Before he can finish, Jack swipes the Minks away.-
Goon: "Gyahahahaha、women, children, the old, none will be spared!!"
Jack: "Gin Rummy, did we come here for a discussion?"
Gin Rummy "No, Jack. We came here to capture the samurai."
Sheepshead:"Idiot, he ain't a samurai. Raizou's a ninja!!
Gin Rummy "Silence, Sheepshead! Samurai is just a general name for the warriors of Wano! Either word is fine."
Jack: "I desire only one thing! Bring me Raizou!"
Minks: "How can...?! but we said he isn't here!!"
Jack: "Then, "Pleasures", scour the country!"
-The Pleasures begin to attack, but they are repelled by the Minkfolk's "Electro" attacks.-
Defeated Pleasures: "Gyaha...!!What's! What the!Them!! That old man!! The brat!!" "That hurt!"
Monjii:"There are no weaklings in this country! The Minkfolk are natural-born warriors!! Even babies know self-defense!!"
Jack: "…!?"
Monjii:"You-gara, are you going to make enemies and fight the whole country!? Even then, there's our trained Musketeers with skill that words fail to describe!"
"It won't be resolved by fighting! If you're looking for someone, won't you just talk to our country's Duke!!"
Jack: "Talk? I refuse. "Gifters, ahead!"
The Gifters, a group of weirdos with animal parts of their bodies, rush forward.
Minks:"What? Their bodies?!"
Jack:"Destroy the country and get me the samurai!"
-Wanda's recollection finishes. The scene changes.-
Wanda:"…They didn't want to talk at all and just started fighting. The city became a battlefield in an instant."
Usopp:"…!! An Emperor's subordinates!! They attacked the country…!!"
Robin: "Kaido's..."
Wanda:"…Ah, Why did they come all the way here… I don't know why they would think a samurai was here."
Luffy:"Hey, Usopp! She said a mammoth!"
Usopp: (in a tiny voice)"That's nothing to be happy about. Think about what happened!"
Brook:"So…now you understand why you can't say "samurai" and "Wano" around here!?"
Franky:"Yeah…"
Robin: "Awful people."
Luffy:"…But the ninja Kin'emon was talking about isn't here〜That's a let down."
-Usopp, Brook, and Nami's faces go pale.-
A curious Wanda: "Eh?"
-Usopp, Nami, and Brook pound Luffy-
Wanda:"Ninja?…"You mean the warrior from Wano? Do you-tia know anything about them?"
Brook: "No, no, not at all!! eh...the wounded!! How was the condition of the wounded…?"
Wanda: "Ah...I saw the Duke's treatment room. I wouldn't be good for them to come out here…Let's continue our talk later.
-Voices can be heard from the treatment room-
"Gyaaー!!" "I apologize, Sir Sicilian〜!!" "Sir Sicilian is going mad〜!!" "Ahー!!"
Wanda rushes over. "Sir Sicilian!? What is it!?"
One of Duke Inuarashi's 3 Musketeers, "Full strength" Sicilian(Lion-minkman):"Oh、Wanda?…!! Hoo…they-gara speak only of sweets things, so I just cast them into the valley! Kindness・Love・Romance・Babies・Sugar・Honey!! Never speak of such saltless things in front of me again!! I'll rip out your throats!! Ha,come back up here by your own strength!!」
The Minks that Sicilian threw into the valley: "Oo ow wow…""Harsh…but…so cool...""I'm sorry!! I'll never speak of sweet things again!!"
Sicilian:"So long as you understand that!"
Wanda: "Sir Sicilian, these are the Strawhats."
-Sicilian jumps way up and lands in front of the Strawhats, lowering his head (as Fujitora did to King Riku).- "I thank you for saving this country. I shall never forget what you have done."
Wanda: "Sir Sicilian always does everything with all his might."
Luffy:"Hot-blooded lion, huh."
-Sicilian opens the door.- "The Duke is waiting inside. In!! …No dawdling!!」
Chopper: "Ah, Luffy!"
King of the Daytime, Duke Inuarashi:" You-gara are the Strawhats, are you?"
Wanda:"Duke, you're all right!"
Inuarashi: "You really saved us then. Thank you, truly."
Luffy:"I think it was my crew actually, but I haven't really heard about what happened yet."
Inuarashi:"No、you all too…Strawhat Luffy."
Luffy: ".. but you're a strong old guy. Really strong, yeah?!
Wanda: "What? That's rude. The Duke is the best warrior in this land"
Inuarashi:"…haahaa…Stop…you say that to a loser."
Wanda: "Loser?! Well, the enemies were quite strong. They were more prepared to battle. If Jack hadn't brought that weapon here...!!"
Luffy:"Huh? Weapon?"
Chopper:"Yeah, that's right Luffy. One of Caesar's poison gas weapon destroyed this country!"
End of chapter.
http://i.imgur.com/NfTqg5S.jpg

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Green Intern posted:

4kids Version: "Wow guys you're all so tired! Don't worry, I'll keep playing you a lullaby so you can all sleep! Wow, I'm really tired myself. Dead tired!"

Is that for real?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
No. The 4Kids version wouldn't allow the word "dead" in any fashion. (also didn't get that far)

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

LostRook posted:

No. The 4Kids version wouldn't allow the word "dead" in any fashion. (also didn't get that far)

It's a testament to how bad it was that I could believe that.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
A NEW CHAPTER IS OUT. In Korean.

Marumaru now calls itself "the fastest One Piece translation site."

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

A NEW CHAPTER IS OUT. In Korean.

Marumaru now calls itself "the fastest One Piece translation site."

In English: http://www.mangareader.net/one-piece/808

Sicilian is rad.

Duke is a good name for a dog.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Robin makes the best reaction faces. :allears:

So... I'm guessing Kaidou's crew is viking themed then, both in appearance and nature?

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012
I'm digging this arc. It's giving off this Jaya arc feel, but the big conflict is basically resolved so I can't really tell where this is all heading.

I'm guessing that second wave of goons with the deformities Jack sent out would be the result of Smile's causing those potential side effects mentioned during Punk Hazard.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Maybe I'm an idiot but I kinda wish they'd told this story in chronological order

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Crazy characters, a new batch of smug villains, Luffy running his mouth off, insane Strawhat faces, Luffy getting his rear end beat by his crew; this chapter was peak One Piece.

Cat Machine posted:

Maybe I'm an idiot but I kinda wish they'd told this story in chronological order

We've always had plot come in small, disjointed pieces that come together eventually; Alabasta, Skypiea, Water 7 and Punk Hazard did it a lot too. I think the issue is that we know we could be given one simple chronological explanation, so the fact we aren't getting one sticks out a lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Oh my god are we getting Odas version of the Three Muskethounds :allears: Zou confirmed for best arc :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-xO72s5EBY