Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Midnight Special

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqLdpkuU_6M

I was a fan of both Take Shelter and Mud plus Michael Shannon is one of the best actors working today so I'm so loving in.

edit: Also I love Adam Driver

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Haven't seen a Jeff Nichols movie I didn't love (even though Mud's ending was kinda...yeah), although I'm curious why this movie keeps getting pushed back. Should that be worrisome?

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Maybe, I mean that trailer did feel a bit shaky for me, it didn't blow me away or make me sure of a good film ala Take Shelter's trailer but it's Jeff Nichols and it looks fairly imaginative so I'll probably give it a look.

And yeah people love their Rush Hour movies, well mostly love their Jackie Chan movies. I remember as a little kid my Asian friends would take me out with their whole family whenever a new comedy featuring Jackie and some white guy or black guy came out. It's kind of skewed my ability to enjoy JC cuz I've only ever see his American movies and they all make me bleed internally.
I think Littlefinger got to chew scenery in one of them though so that was cool (wait ugh that's another bad Jackie Chan American film franchise).

Punkin Spunkin fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Nov 20, 2015

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Maybe, I mean that trailer did feel a bit shaky for me, it didn't blow me away or make me sure of a good film ala Take Shelter's trailer but it's Jeff Nichols and it looks fairly imaginative so I'll probably give it a look.

I wasn't in love with the trailer as a standalone object either. It seems to be cut to really focus on the sci-fi aspects more than anything else. But my speculative spidey senses say that's not the case with the movie as a whole and it's probably more of a character piece (especially given the cast involved).

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

In which Robert De Niro bones Aubrey Plaza and Zac Efron is almost naked: Dirty Grandpa redband trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ctaXQbEqIM

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

BonoMan posted:

This movie is made wholly better by [Kristen Stewart] not being in it.

You're going to need to specify which movie you're referring to. So far you've only managed to narrow it down to all of them.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

The MSJ posted:

In which Robert De Niro bones Aubrey Plaza and Zac Efron is almost naked: Dirty Grandpa redband trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ctaXQbEqIM

Oh Aubrey Plaza and Robert De Niro, what is hollywood doing to you?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Deakul posted:

It's all because Aubrey Plaza kissed Jim O'Heir and some random old Hollywood executive got a boner :negative:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZQQfkJ7hZY

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Deakul posted:

Paying them money to be in movies that look like poo poo?

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets
Have you gotten your dose of Indian cinema for the day?* :yum:
*A recommended daily intake has not been established. Ask your doctor if Indian cinema is right for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHOc-4D7MjY

Click the CC for English subs.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Captain America: Civil War

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43NWzay3W4s

PaganGoatPants fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Nov 25, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Was wondering when we would be getting this trailer. I really liked it! Very much looking forward to this movie.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Easily the best Marvel poster I can remember.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

MCU is boring poo poo most of the time....

but I could use a gif of that 2v1 Iron Man beatdown at the end. :)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Very obviously a Terrence Malick movie: Knight of Cups trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPocUiQDzLg

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

The MSJ posted:

Very obviously a Terrence Malick movie: Knight of Cups trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPocUiQDzLg

Taken down/blocked :(

edit: Here ya go https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl6BWTIZeOg

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Quite a few nice pairs of cups in there.

Why is Tony in armor again? He gave it up at the end of IM3. Stupid comic book stories always resetting character development?

That bollywood trailer seemed better than most too, also tons of nose piercings, like woah, more punk than punks.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

effectual posted:

Quite a few nice pairs of cups in there.

Why is Tony in armor again? He gave it up at the end of IM3. Stupid comic book stories always resetting character development?

That bollywood trailer seemed better than most too, also tons of nose piercings, like woah, more punk than punks.

He didn't give up anything at the end of 3, just the magnet in his chest.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

PaganGoatPants posted:

He didn't give up anything at the end of 3, just the magnet in his chest.

He blew up all his suits and promised his wife he'd stop that poo poo.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

effectual posted:

He blew up all his suits and promised his wife he'd stop that poo poo.

Not his wife, just a classic case of a businessman loving his secretary. I'm sure he promises her lots of things that don't actually happen.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

isn't avengers 2 after iron man 3?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Sir Kodiak posted:

Not his wife, just a classic case of a businessman loving his secretary. I'm sure he promises her lots of things that don't actually happen.

Usually your secretary doesn't have fire magic though.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

computer parts posted:

Usually your secretary doesn't have fire magic though.

He got that poo poo removed from her toot sweet. He may have been willing to promote her within the company he ultimately controls once they were hooking up, but her having an independent source of power was obviously unacceptable.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

The Saddest Rhino posted:

isn't avengers 2 after iron man 3?

Yeah. Wiping the slate clean and destroying his poo poo-tier robots wasn't him quitting at all. :shrug:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I can't remember what the hell actually happened at the end of Iron Man 3, it was a bad movie and I really like the Marvel Comic films.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

I can't remember what the hell actually happened at the end of Iron Man 3, it was a bad movie and I really like the Marvel Comic films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X-jt7FD9y8

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

I said come in! posted:

It was one of the best marvels tbh, 10x the movie avengers was Insert joke about 10x zero is still zero

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Woman explodes a weaboo weirdo who was creeping on her. A Good Movie.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Civil War actually looks enjoyable maybe I'll go back to the Avengers movies.

Ultron looked terrible so I avoided it, same with Iron Man 3.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Iron Man 3 was good.

Avengers 2 was dumb, but okay.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Is that the same beach as inTree of Life?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

The MSJ posted:

Woman explodes a weaboo weirdo who was creeping on her. A Good Movie.

basically, iron man 3 was the beginning of action movies (previously masculine movies) being emasculated by the presence of strong female characters with agency and do not need men to protect them

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

basically, iron man 3 was the beginning of action movies (previously masculine movies) being emasculated by the presence of strong female characters with agency and do not need men to protect them

Lol

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
Iron Man 3 was the MCU movie dealing with PTSD

Until Jessica Jones came along

Anyway Civil War looks good, but gawd i don't like Cap. And since its his movie, his side will probably win.

Can't wait for a proper look at T'challa Boseman

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

i wasn't a fan of adapting Civil War, but the trailer actually looks like it'll do it better than the comic did. cool.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

BlueBayou posted:

Anyway Civil War looks good, but gawd i don't like Cap. And since its his movie, his side will probably win.

Well, eventually. Since it's his movie he'll be dragged rear end backwards through the poo poo for most of the film only to triumph in the final few minutes. Just walk out 10 minutes before the end and you'll have seen the film you want!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I don't know where to start.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

gently caress off.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

but I could use a gif of that 2v1 Iron Man beatdown at the end. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

I'm not great at puzzling out composition, but it seems strange that their heads keep moving in and out of being lost in the grey space at the top of the frame rather than having their full height visible against the white portions.

• Locked thread