Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

I accidentally ended up in a public league when trying to do a Yahoo mock draft. This is my opponent this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Charmander also didn't practice today.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Spoeank posted:

I accidentally ended up in a public league when trying to do a Yahoo mock draft. This is my opponent this week.

If you lose, you better hang it up.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

DeepDickPizza posted:

Boris Chen's aggregated stats have the Jets D (vs. Miami) in the first tier along with only the Arizona Cardinals. Am I missing something here?

Jets D is quite good, Miami's offense is kind of middling and good for a couple turnovers? Not sure if there's more to it than that. QOTD has Jets in his top tier as well, with Arizona, KC, and NE.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So i guess Lynch decided to have surgery instead of waiting the couple weeks.

quote:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Marshawn Lynch is undergoing sports-hernia surgery Wednesday morning.
Lynch is expected to miss "about a month," as FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reported Tuesday. That's on the optimistic side. According to Dr. David Chao, former Chargers team physician, six weeks is "average" return. Arian Foster, who's of similar age to Lynch, missed eight weeks after sports-hernia surgery this summer. Lynch can probably be cut from re-draft teams now. Thomas Rawls sits atop the depth chart for the foreseeable future. Lynch might be back for the playoffs.

I'm firing up my 3 shares of Thomas Rawls for the playoffs. :getin:

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

RVProfootballer posted:

Jets D is quite good, Miami's offense is kind of middling and good for a couple turnovers? Not sure if there's more to it than that. QOTD has Jets in his top tier as well, with Arizona, KC, and NE.

In a league where I'm in fourth and will most likely make the playoffs, I have the Denver D. They've been totally lackluster since their BYE and I'm wondering if I should go full-on streaming. (Sadly, KC D was available and I probably should have just swapped them at 2:30 this morning, but I waffled and somebody else grabbed them.) I can't imagine dropping anyone on my current roster to hold onto a second defense to see if Denver's defense becomes a great option over the next couple of weeks.

Anyone here cutting bait on the Denver defense?

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
I picked up CIN because I like their schedule ROS better than DEN. I'm rostering both, though

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

RVProfootballer posted:

Yeah but they were supposed to feast last week and they got lit up. Plus Revis is down with a concussion.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES
Just to let y'all know, some updates on those out per Rotoworld:

TEs:
Zach Ertz
Martellus Bennett

WRs:
Eddie Royal

RBs:
Ryan Mathews

Fire up your Zach Millers and Brent Celeks if you need to.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Amergin posted:

TEs:
Zach Ertz
Martellus Bennett

WRs:
Eddie Royal

RBs:
Ryan Mathews

Arrrgh

I really want to grab Zach Miller for this week but I'd have to drop Kelce or J Reed.

And I still need to pickup a kicker this week.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Victor Vermis posted:

Arrrgh

I really want to grab Zach Miller for this week but I'd have to drop Kelce or J Reed.

Why wouldn't you just play Reed? That's a good matchup versus NYG and he's practicing last I saw.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

Any Brady owners in panic-mode? I still haven't rostered a backup QB.

Amergin posted:

Why wouldn't you just play Reed? That's a good matchup versus NYG and he's practicing last I saw.

Reed scares me a bit with his injury. I do like the matchup though. I just think Miller has a higher floor and I trust Chicago's offense more than Washington's at this point.

Probably one of those situations where I'm totally wrong and being hamstrung by limited bench space will turn out to be a blessing.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Spoeank posted:

You're gonna lose

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!

Victor Vermis posted:

Arrrgh

Reed and Kelce owner here as well. I hate rostering two TE's but I'm having a hard time parting with kelce, even if he's been lackluster lately.... What to do with him.. I'm probably just going to drop him this week.

Rolling with Hoyer over Bortles this week as well. God help us all. Thanks for nothing Luck, rear end in a top hat. How dare you get hurt?!

now for a D/ST question, would you guys play either of these over DEN vs NE?
HOU vs NO
GB vs CHI
PHI @ DET

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I'm in the same boat and playing Green Bay.

If Revis wasn't hurt I'd play Jets.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Victor Vermis posted:

Any Brady owners in panic-mode? I still haven't rostered a backup QB.

Reed scares me a bit with his injury. I do like the matchup though. I just think Miller has a higher floor and I trust Chicago's offense more than Washington's at this point.

Probably one of those situations where I'm totally wrong and being hamstrung by limited bench space will turn out to be a blessing.

Zach Miller does not have a higher floor than Jordan Reed.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Gobias Ind. posted:

Zach Miller does not have a higher floor than Jordan Reed.

TBH I think Reed has the higher ceiling and floor.

Now if Alshon is ruled out also it'd be different. But it looks like he is going to play.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

Amergin posted:

TEs:
Zach Ertz
Martellus Bennett

WRs:
Eddie Royal

RBs:
Ryan Mathews

Thanks, dropped Gillmore for Miller. Will most likely start him over Graham.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
How does everyone feel about Brent Celeck this week against Detroit? With Bennett out, I'm between picking him up, or Miller, or playing Crockett Gilmore. All three are risks in their own right.

EDIT: Whoops, I can't read.

Should I choose Celeck or Miller? Both are available.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Vargo posted:

How does everyone feel about Brent Celeck this week against Detroit? With Bennett out, I'm between picking him up, or Miller, or playing Crockett Gilmore. All three are risks in their own right.

I actually think Crockett may have a good week as Matt Schaub's safety valve fwiw.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Vargo posted:

I'm picking up Celek because it's Detroit and I'm not going to gamble on Miller tearing up Seattle even if Seattle doesn't cover TEs well.

Edit: if it's Z. Miller, I'd probably still have Celek instead.

Thwomp fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 25, 2015

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I don't care how wrong I was about anything this season, the only thing that I care about I was 100% right on:

TEs are stupid don't draft them.

Bonafide superstar Greg Olsen, currently being outscored by 50+pick later ADP sleeper darling Tyler Eifert and undrafted Gary Barnidge.

Travis "next jesus" Kelce not even within 30 points of TE2 and being outscored by "notable JAG" Delanie Walker and just 1 point per game ahead of undrafted veteran re-tread Benjamin Watson (who in-turn is outscoring Jimmy Graham)

Hope you're enjoying your easily replaceable 4th round picks and don't have a RB/WR problem because of it, I'll be over here in smug town.

Also, If Kelce doesn't clear 10ppg for the rest of the season I win that toxx, which honestly I way low-balled and probably could've set the over-under at 200 and still had people call me stupid.

gently caress Tight Ends HTH

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Thwomp posted:

I'm picking up Celek because it's Detroit and I'm not going to gamble on Miller tearing up Seattle even if Seattle doesn't cover TEs well.

Zach Miller isn't playing Seattle, he's playing Green Bay.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Vargo posted:

Zach Miller isn't playing Seattle, he's playing Green Bay.

He's talking about Heath Miller fyi.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

zeldadude posted:

Reed and Kelce owner here as well. I hate rostering two TE's but I'm having a hard time parting with kelce, even if he's been lackluster lately.... What to do with him.. I'm probably just going to drop him this week.

Rolling with Hoyer over Bortles this week as well. God help us all. Thanks for nothing Luck, rear end in a top hat. How dare you get hurt?!

now for a D/ST question, would you guys play either of these over DEN vs NE?
HOU vs NO
GB vs CHI
PHI @ DET

I started Chicago's D vs Denver last week and while it wasn't amazing, I think any competent defense could have a good game against them. I like the Patriots defense against a QB in his second career start.

... Although Philadelphia is really juicy depending on which Stafford shows up to play.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

Victor Vermis posted:

I started Chicago's D vs Denver last week and while it wasn't amazing, I think any competent defense could have a good game against them. I like the Patriots defense against a QB in his second career start.

... Although Philadelphia is really juicy depending on which Stafford shows up to play.

The Eagles just got torched by the Bucs. I would not recommend them against Detroit.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Jarvis Landry is not practicing today.

quote:

Jarvis Landry (knee) did not practice Wednesday.
Dolphins beat writers have expressed no concern over Landry's absence, and interim coach Dan Campbell didn't address it in his session with the media. For now, consider Landry questionable for Sunday against the Jets. We'll provide an update when the Dolphins return to practice Thursday.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I'm thinking Diggs is droppable ROS... I'm considering picking up Javorious Allen. Good move, right?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
I'm feelin' like JJ Nelson is gonna be a sleeper hit the next few weeks.

edit: That's based on my almost reliably terrible hunches. So dear god do NOT follow my advice.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

Chill Penguin posted:

I'm thinking Diggs is droppable ROS... I'm considering picking up Javorious Allen. Good move, right?

If you need RB depth more than WR depth, sure. However we don't know how well Allen will do in a team with their WR1, QB1 and RB1 MIA. Shoot Harbaugh said recently that Mostert might get some more play time.

BonoMan posted:

I'm feelin' like JJ Nelson is gonna be a sleeper hit the next few weeks.

edit: That's based on my almost reliably terrible hunches. So dear god do NOT follow my advice.

I think Michael Floyd is back at practice so we'll see if Nelson's play earned him more playtime or not.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

See I have Hoyer available in my league BUT i'm hesitant to trust the narrative. Last week I started Carr and lost because of it. New Orleans could improve slightly because of the bye like the Lions and Texans did. Or am I worrying for nothing.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Look at Hoyer's numbers since he came back from the benching my man and worry no more

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I have been convinced. I'm dropping Moncrief to make a spot for Hoyer this week.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Would you guys start Hoyer over Brady or Cam? or both?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

VietCampo posted:

Would you guys start Hoyer over Brady or Cam? or both?

Cam is loving hot right now. I can't imagine starting anybody over him.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Why would anybody be freaking about Brady? I still got 23 points from him this past week.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Haven't gotten any feedback in the sit start thread, so I'll ask here. Can't decide which one of these guys to start. .25 ppr.
Lacy vs Chicago
Ingram @ Houston
Hillman vs New England

Eddie looked pretty good last week and could get decent work if it's raining on Thursday. But it's a Thursday game which is flukey and Lacy hasn't been consistent all year. Ingram coming off a bye could be good too but I'm not sure.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine
Ingram without a question imo. I'm playing Lacy, but it's a gamble, whereas Ingram has a secure spot at the top of his team's offense.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

89 posted:

Why would anybody be freaking about Brady? I still got 23 points from him this past week.

Weird, he scored 13.08 for me. And Tom Brady isn't the problem, it's the other (potentially) 10 guys on the field. Read an injury report.

edit: Apparently Amendola will be back, so that's nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dat one portagee
Dec 6, 2006

WAT DOIN BUG?
I'm currently starting Bortles vs. SD, but I also have big ben vs SEA and Romo vs CAR (picked up Romo in case Ben wasn't coming back from that iffy looking foot injury). I'm thinking ROS I'm sticking with Ben and Bort, but is there a case for keeping romo instead of Bort? Bort has a great looking schedule but he hasn't been taking advantage of match ups lately.

• Locked thread