Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Are hacks more advanced now than they were in source? When I was a young child i somehow got a hold of some free hack that had speedhacks and an aimbot you could configure to only shoot certain body parts and if the target was within a certain distance of your cross hair and stuff like that, really configurable. I think it had no recoil and no spray as well, made it incredibly hard for people to tell you were hacking. I mostly used just the speedhacks to do crazy poo poo on surf maps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

symbolic posted:

Yeah, it's sad really. You can make your own conclusions.

UX vs. penta, dust2
TTC vs. TSM, cache

Excellent. I just worked 38 hours in the past three days, so now I'm going home to get drunk and laugh at this nonsense.

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
So i fixed it? I deleted and reinstalled and was able to connect to casual games. I can get the queue for MM but tried Demolition and had the same connection problem.... So ugh... not sure.

Also does anyone have the config for I think Boheiman nights cross hair and FOV settings?

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I unscoped spray with the SG a lot and it fucks people up. Fucks me up to do it. I would probably do the same with the AUG if I ever picked one up or saw one.

You should always be scoped with the SSG and Aug, they're just more accurate, smaller patterns, in every way scoped

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
I just opened an FN Butterfly Slaughter. I'm not familiar with this pattern bullshit, anyone care to tell me what I should advertise it as apart from the float?

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Parallel Playa posted:

I just opened an FN Butterfly Slaughter. I'm not familiar with this pattern bullshit, anyone care to tell me what I should advertise it as apart from the float?
Can you post a screenshot?

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I don't think you have any special patterns, so I'd go with market price. Someone should verify this.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
That's the exact knife I want badly :( But I also don't want to drop 300 on a virtual knife :( :( :(

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009

canoshiz posted:

That's the exact knife I want badly :( But I also don't want to drop 300 on a virtual knife :( :( :(

I got it after getting home drunk from a bar after watching the champions league, then getting into a game as I got home, getting matched with 3 deranking russians, losing 0-16 and opening the 4 cases in my inventory on a whim. hth

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

gorgeous knife but not special, it's market value $$$

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

Eaterofpoptarts posted:

Hey guys, could anyone give me a "betting skins 101" real fast? Like what's the best site and how do I do it, etc. I'm in the group chatrooms on Steam, my name is DESTЯOYKA.

If you want the thrill of gambling just send all of your skins here.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fennesz_/

You might get an amazing 10:1 payout or you might get nothing! :v:

Lex Neville
Apr 15, 2009
Alright cheers guys, kinda guessed that there'd hardly be any pattern on a butterfly knife but I figured it'd be worth asking.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret

fennesz posted:

If you want the thrill of gambling just send all of your skins here.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/fennesz_/

You might get an amazing 10:1 payout or you might get nothing! :v:

I tried CSGOLounge, I deposited 2.00 dollars worth of skins, played Cluj to a high of almost 10 dollars worth of skins, and by the close of the tournament i had .40 cents.

Gambling is loving stupid, I know this in IRL, I don't loving even do fantasy footbal, but skins felt harmless.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

osker posted:

I tried CSGOLounge, I deposited 2.00 dollars worth of skins, played Cluj to a high of almost 10 dollars worth of skins, and by the close of the tournament i had .40 cents.

Gambling is loving stupid, I know this in IRL, I don't loving even do fantasy footbal, but skins felt harmless.

When I followed it regularly I made probably 150 or so off gambling. Biggest first win was me cheesing the system because Carbon Fiber Bizons were selling for like a buck but the bet value was like 4 bucks. Then they changed it so they updated prices more regularly. Still made 50 bucks or so before it happened.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

french keyboard

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
^ Legit fooled me until Mcvey said it was a diff keyboard. I was looking at it on QWERTY thinking drat FetalDave finally made pro

symbolic posted:

I don't think you have any special patterns, so I'd go with market price. Someone should verify this.

Legit trade baron here, verified.

Xenaero fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 26, 2015

meeler09
May 24, 2007
I'm only mg3, but I decided to see what NA faceit was like. The map was nuke and I've only played it a couple times. I let he team know and they just started berating me. The other team seemed to not be trying at all and about halfway through I just said gently caress it and quit. Is this a typical faceit experience or what? I'm not near good enough to play esea and wanted to try some of that 128 tick goodness I hear so much about.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Yup. That's about the general consensus of FaceIt NA. Play on CEVO instead if you don't think that you have the chops for ESEA. It's free and has a decent player base.

EDIT: Apparently if you enable Steam Guard Mobile Authenticator on your accounts (which you all should have anyway or else you're a loving IDIOT) then you'll get anywhere from a 5%-33% discount on the Steam Marketplace until Dec. 16th. That's pretty rad.

A TURGID FATSO fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Nov 26, 2015

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

youll only save 33% if its a 3c item

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

So randomly today I was having issues with not getting an accept match button, googled it tried all sorts of poo poo and nothing worked.

I ended up figuring out that the problem is I cant seem to ping any of the US SW servers which is unfortunate since those are the closest. I've temporarily fixed it by using the MM server picker to block that region. Is there anywhere I can report this issue or do I just have to pray someone finds the problem?

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Contact your ISP first, it could very well be a routing issue on their side.

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

qhat posted:

Contact your ISP first, it could very well be a routing issue on their side.
Doing nothing is as effective as contacting your ISP about routing issues.

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy

trying to jack off posted:

youll only save 33% if its a 3c item

Think about how many more P250 | Sand Dunes you can buy though

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Too Poetic posted:

Sorry but this is bullshit. If you can't even reach a valid IP then ISPs definitely can run diagnostics to determine whether it is on their end or on Valve's end. I would also recommend running a tracert on the SW server to see where the packet is getting lost.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
I feel I am not very good but I am global elite, I feel I am not the elite of the globe, I feel I am an average player. :confused:

BIG NORTH
Jul 7, 2007

I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE DEAN

Shayu posted:

I feel I am not very good but I am global elite, I feel I am not the elite of the globe, I feel I am an average player. :confused:

Considering most players who play at a skill level that is truly global elite skip MM entirely, you should feel that way. If you have decent aim & moderate game sense, global isn't hard to get, especially playing with competent friends.

Too Poetic
Nov 28, 2008

qhat posted:

Sorry but this is bullshit. If you can't even reach a valid IP then ISPs definitely can run diagnostics to determine whether it is on their end or on Valve's end. I would also recommend running a tracert on the SW server to see where the packet is getting lost.
I didnt say they cant but good luck getting a hold of anyone with the authority to get something like that tested.

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

TSM 16-0'd Liquid on overpass lmao

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Much like how NA global are EU novas, NA pros are EU pub pugs

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Bohemian Nights posted:

can't wait to play 5 hours of valve modes to get yet another usable account

e: wow
https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/3u96ss/why_does_scream_use_qszd_movement/

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/1ycuf8/shots_are_coming_from_outside_of_the_map/

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007

Too Poetic posted:

This is wrong, download an application called winmtr run the test against one of the bad ips. The test should show you what router is having issues in your isp. Call your isp and tell the of the issue, the level1 rep will be useless and will try everything possible to convince you its not an issue on their end. Insist on having them send the test results to their 2nd level reps who will actually review the test results and get the issue resolved.

You are looking for timed out connection s or extreme loss in this test to locate the router causing the issue. If you don't understand the test results pm me and I'll take a look.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Liquid 0-25 on LAN since the Edward clutch

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I want to see more from Legacy, since they very nearly came back to tie a 15-6 scoreline against VP.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

mcvey posted:

Liquid 0-25 on LAN since the Edward clutch

knocked them back into the stone age

I just had an epiphany: that's what teams feel when they get Snaxed, too.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Xenaero posted:

^ Legit fooled me until Mcvey said it was a diff keyboard. I was looking at it on QWERTY thinking drat FetalDave finally made pro

Legit trade baron here, verified.

fetal dave's setup is healthier for your hands; qzsd on qwerty would just give you tendonitis unless you had your keyboard entirely sideways

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
havent played in over 3 weeks my rank was gone
first game we won 16-15 down to the wire and i could tell i was rusty but i landed some nice headshots pistol round
ended last but at least i got my rank back

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
just deranked back to lem for afking :smith:

Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

ArfJason posted:

just deranked back to lem for afking :smith:

Welcome to deranksgiving!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

The face of no mercy

• Locked thread