Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Kaboobi posted:

RB1/2/Lego/etc exports: Maybe early 2016 who knows!

https://twitter.com/RockBand/status/669182982335422464

Cool, I was kinda disappointed when I found out I couldn't export RB2 and Green Day anymore last month. RB2 was the most fun game I played in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orgophlax
Aug 26, 2002

Merijn posted:

Cool, I was kinda disappointed when I found out I couldn't export RB2 and Green Day anymore last month. RB2 was the most fun game I played in years.

I'm pretty sure it's going to wind up being that you have to have had them already exported to bring them into RB4. I doubt it's going to allow new exports.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Merijn posted:

Assuming you're on Xbox (not sure about PS4), the Green Day export actually is currently available now, apart from Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl), which was incorrectly tagged as Viva la Gloria! and is currently in process of being fixed. Still gotta wait on the rest of the exports though, including the Track Pack discs.

Vildiil
Dec 16, 2003
Stuff
I saw the link for stand alone guitar and was reaching for my wallet then I saw $100. :wtf: I guess I should be used to disappointment by now.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

Trash Boat posted:

Assuming you're on Xbox (not sure about PS4), the Green Day export actually is currently available now, apart from Viva la Gloria? (Little Girl), which was incorrectly tagged as Viva la Gloria! and is currently in process of being fixed. Still gotta wait on the rest of the exports though, including the Track Pack discs.

How? I bought a second hand copy so the code has already been used. Is there a way to buy just the code, instead of a second copy of the game?

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Merijn posted:

How? I bought a second hand copy so the code has already been used. Is there a way to buy just the code, instead of a second copy of the game?

What he was actually saying was that if you had done the GD export already, the tracks are available in RB4.

You're correct about needing an unused code, no way to just buy one unless you can find someone on eBay or something selling an unused code.

Dr Zaius
Jan 2, 2001

Smells Like Team Spirit
I'm bored and playing customs if anyone else is even more bored and wants to watch. http://www.youtube.com/corporalgregg44

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Vildiil posted:

I saw the link for stand alone guitar and was reaching for my wallet then I saw $100. :wtf: I guess I should be used to disappointment by now.

Amazon should have the Game + Guitar bundle for $100 on Black Friday at some point. I wonder if it would be worth picking that up and selling the game for a decent price.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Trash Boat posted:

I noticed the Green Day Export Pack on the web PS Store, listed as "on PS4, PS3", but you cannot download it or add it to your cart to purchase it for free like all the other stuff.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/addons/green-day-rock-band-export-pack/cid=UP0006-BLUS30050_00-RBGREENDACCF0412

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Astro7x posted:

Amazon should have the Game + Guitar bundle for $100 on Black Friday at some point. I wonder if it would be worth picking that up and selling the game for a decent price.

Let me go ahead and answer this one for you: No, it isn't.

How do I know? Because I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to do that since launch. I bought a game + guitar bundle from Amazon just for the guitar and bought the game digitally because I know I'm going to be going back to it over and over throughout this generation and didn't want to have to swap the disc around. The copy of the game that comes in those hardware bundles has no UPC on it and is actually labeled "NOT FOR RESALE" so no second hand stores will take it, it can't be listed on Amazon Marketplace, and nobody I know personally wants it without the legacy adapter, which has been hard to get ahold of by itself. So if you buy that bundle, count on probably getting stuck with the extra disc.

Ranaszun
Feb 21, 2005
So I'm trying to update the firmware on my drums for Xbox One. I connect to my PC with a cable and when I try to hold down the Xbox Button and View button it just connects to my Xbox and doesn't do anything with the firmware update tool. I can't find any help with this on the Mad Catz site. Anybody have any ideas?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Try unplugging your Xbone so it doesn't just pick it up and connect to it.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Beelzebozo posted:

How do I know? Because I've been trying, unsuccessfully, to do that since launch. I bought a game + guitar bundle from Amazon just for the guitar and bought the game digitally because I know I'm going to be going back to it over and over throughout this generation and didn't want to have to swap the disc around. The copy of the game that comes in those hardware bundles has no UPC on it and is actually labeled "NOT FOR RESALE" so no second hand stores will take it, it can't be listed on Amazon Marketplace, and nobody I know personally wants it without the legacy adapter, which has been hard to get ahold of by itself. So if you buy that bundle, count on probably getting stuck with the extra disc.

Ah... if you had the PS4 version I'd offer to buy the game from you. I am in the camp of having PS3 instruments and now owning a PS4.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
Will I avoid the "unpowered USB hubs kill your legacy adapter" issue if the legacy adapter is plugged into a different USB port on the xbone, not the hub itself? My old RB hub is unpowered and looks too cool to get rid of. :(

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
What's the best plastic guitar that came out for Xbox 360? I liked the clear clickiness of the Exploder, but it never had the style-change switch or the solo frets. Whereas the default RB guitar was the opposite, with lots of amenities but a mushy strum.

kalamaf
Mar 1, 2007

Beelzebozo posted:

The copy of the game that comes in those hardware bundles has no UPC on it and is actually labeled "NOT FOR RESALE" so no second hand stores will take it, it can't be listed on Amazon Marketplace,

I own a used game store and couldn't care less about the whole "not for resale" labeling. The main reason bundle games have that is to prevent stores from splitting bundles and selling the items separate when they're new, but it really has no bearing on "used" items even if they're still sealed. Gamestop might be a bitch about it, but around here (Canada) they just print off their own barcodes and past them over top of the games original barcode. I've seen many "not for resale" games with a Gamestop sticker on it.

If there are any independent game stores in your area they'd probably take it. Probably not for much though; personally I wouldn't pay more than $10 since as you've mentioned it'll be a very hard item to resell by itself, just like Skylander games, those fuckers never sell. Unless little Johnny scratches the hell out of it and mommy/daddy need to buy a replacement disc.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Golden Bee posted:

What's the best plastic guitar that came out for Xbox 360? I liked the clear clickiness of the Exploder, but it never had the style-change switch or the solo frets. Whereas the default RB guitar was the opposite, with lots of amenities but a mushy strum.

Not plastic, but there's the wooden replica Strats and then there's everything else. Clicky strum (but nowhere near as bad as on the GH controllers) and everything else the stock RB guitars have besides the overdrive jack (do RB4 guitars even have those) and the autocalibration hardware.

$90 is a pretty good price for a used one, assuming the description isn't lying.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Maybe id be better off buying the game/guitar bundle from Amazon and selling the guitar then...

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

whypick1 posted:

the overdrive jack (do RB4 guitars even have those)

Sadly, no. :smith: I super miss it. I got so used to using that exclusively for OD activation that my pinky can't find the select button, to the point that I break my combo about 3 out of every 4 times I try to hit it.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Beelzebozo posted:

List it here on SA Mart. Or sell it to me:) I'm on the hunt for a used copy and already have the legacy adapter.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Golden Bee posted:

#1: Replica Strat (as mentioned)
#2: RB2/RB3 Strat with this replacement strumbar
#3: RB2/RB3 Strat with stock strumbar
#4: GH5 guitar probably?

Lord Zedd
Dec 25, 2011

Orange Harrison posted:

Will I avoid the "unpowered USB hubs kill your legacy adapter" issue if the legacy adapter is plugged into a different USB port on the xbone, not the hub itself? My old RB hub is unpowered and looks too cool to get rid of. :(

Got any info on that? Googled it and only found a reddit thread saying their original RB1 powered hub fried it but now you got me scared.

Though to answer your question using a separate xbone port would bypass any hub issues.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

barren_sky posted:

List it here on SA Mart. Or sell it to me:) I'm on the hunt for a used copy and already have the legacy adapter.

Yeah, good idea. Thread

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Golden Bee posted:

I always liked the Guitar Hero: World Tour one and the Guitar Hero 2 ones, maybe that's just me tho

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
The GH3 Les Paul is the best plastic guitar for accuracy and score attack.

Edit: screw the neck to the body so the pogo pins don't become intermittent. Or replace the pogo pins with a piece of UTP cable.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

Golden Bee posted:

Gonna say the GH5/WT guitar. They combine what I'd say are the key benefits of both franchises guitars' strum bars before it, that being the clickyness of the GH guitar and the surface area of the RB guitar.

Trash Boat fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Nov 26, 2015

TrojanNemo
Jun 18, 2014

Trash Boat posted:

Gonna say the GH5/WT guitar. They combine what I'd say are the key benefits of both franchises guitars' strum bars before it, that being the clickyness of the GH guitar and the surface area of the RB guitar.

This man is correct. Someone please give him a cookie.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TrojanNemo posted:

But HMX signing anyone up for a gay dating app *mailing list* without any disclaimer on that page would be an easy privacy rights violation suit...and they can't afford the negative press that would bring (and probably the litigation costs).

It's actually not illegal to share or sell email addresses in the United States; hell, you can buy B2B email lists for as cheap as something like four cents per record (I had a client who bought a database of something like 65,000 leads and only paid a total of like $1200 -- the leads were junk, which is why they were so cheap, but that's neither here nor there). The toothless CAN-SPAM law says that you can send marketing email to someone all you want until they opt out, and then you have ten days to honor that request. Different story in Canada since they enacted their CASL law back in the summer of 2013, but at least in the US, you can spam all you want without repercussion until someone says "no."

Timby fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Nov 26, 2015

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
If I could figure out how to repair my old guitar buttons (not 100% registering/drops during held notes), I would be the happiest boy. How did that sort of thing never come out with a guide or a FAQ or anything?

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

whypick1 posted:

Not plastic, but there's the wooden replica Strats and then there's everything else. Clicky strum (but nowhere near as bad as on the GH controllers) and everything else the stock RB guitars have besides the overdrive jack (do RB4 guitars even have those) and the autocalibration hardware.

$90 is a pretty good price for a used one, assuming the description isn't lying.

My greatest music gaming regret is only buying one wooden Strat. :(

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
...didn't you get every achievement in Rock Revolution?

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
Not sure if this is everywhere for Black Friday but Microsoft Store has RB4 for XBoner band in a box for $200

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Rock-Band-4-Band-in-a-Box-Bundle-for-Xbox-One/productID.319985500

FirstPlayer
Jan 1, 2007

Beat me up and earn
fifteen respect points

whypick1 posted:

...didn't you get every achievement in Rock Revolution?

We don't speak of that.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

God that game was disappointing. Career at least was ok, but the bullshit challenges were incredibly frustrating. Among such hits as 'play this guitar solo perfectly without any backing music or beat, and it will restart instantly if you miss a note', and 'play this guitar solo without a note highway'. :argh:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Whoa, looks like Guitar Hero Live is down to only $70 on Amazon. Can't tell if it's a Black Friday deal or what: http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Hero-L...uitar+hero+live

The guitar-only Rock Band 4 bundle is down to $100 as a Deal of the Day: http://www.amazon.com/b/ref=lp_1126...ode=11265226011

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Golden Bee posted:

I'm lucky enough to own a TBRB Gretsch and I love everything about it.

...Except for the fact that it doesn't have this thing I just heard about now installed.

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

So I got 100% in expert vocals for Spiders and used up all my Star Power but am still sitting at like 4000 points of what seems to be the maximum. What else can I do to score points? Or is basically just where I use my star power that's the only remaining factor?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
It's kinda crazy to me that ByteArts still exists. I bought one of their RB1 guitar kits and it didn't even come with a strummer back then it was just a board.

Nyxyxylyth
Apr 4, 2013

Hortism posted:

So I got 100% in expert vocals for Spiders and used up all my Star Power but am still sitting at like 4000 points of what seems to be the maximum. What else can I do to score points? Or is basically just where I use my star power that's the only remaining factor?
Yup, where you use overdrive is what matters. Sometimes you can squeeze a few more points by activating it as late as possible, so it spills into the beginning of a phrase a little bit.

Filthy cheaters use fail squeezing, where you deliberately have another instrument fail, to stop overdrive from draining. For auto kick, HMX is making scores local only (no online leaderboard). I hope they do the same thing if anyone fails, so fail squeezing disappears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hortism
Oct 25, 2010

Nyxyxylyth posted:

Yup, where you use overdrive is what matters. Sometimes you can squeeze a few more points by activating it as late as possible, so it spills into the beginning of a phrase a little bit.

Filthy cheaters use fail squeezing, where you deliberately have another instrument fail, to stop overdrive from draining. For auto kick, HMX is making scores local only (no online leaderboard). I hope they do the same thing if anyone fails, so fail squeezing disappears.

Ah ok thanks for that. I still suck at consistently triggering vocal star power as it is and have taken to just holding the last note for a bit longer to get it.

So, precise timing is out for me!