Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

I think I killed Salazar's monster bodyguard and Salazar with rocket launchers every time I played through this game

same but because he's scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
... your right hand comes off?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

I keep forgetting to save those on the right hand. I didn't kill that thing until new game plus.

it's doable if you have the TMP upgraded and enough ammo

Work Friend Keven posted:

hahahaha

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Bobnumerotres posted:

it's doable if you have the TMP upgraded and enough ammo

oh poo poo. i never buy that gun. :eek:

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Action Tortoise posted:

oh poo poo. i never buy that gun. :eek:

it is tremendously overpowered lol and for some reason the game gives you assloads of ammo for it even though it's supposed to be an oh-poo poo-button like the shotguns and magnums

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The shotgun feels sooooo good. I haven't played this in a few days but I still keep thinking about it

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Work Friend Keven posted:

*you're

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

In Training posted:

The shotgun feels sooooo good. I haven't played this in a few days but I still keep thinking about it

Definitely pick up the striker shotgun when you can it's one of the best guns in the game

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

gtrmp posted:

*you're

:iamafag:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
you can stick the tmp through walls if you have a stock and shoot locks off doors. the only time i know it's even useful is to skip that area. the tmp is only really good if you use it like Hunk in Mercs though

the knife is so good

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Doctor Goat posted:

you can stick the tmp through walls if you have a stock and shoot locks off doors. the only time i know it's even useful is to skip that area. the tmp is only really good if you use it like Hunk in Mercs though

the knife is so good

The only way to play Hunk in Mercs is single headshot into neckbreak combo

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

NickRoweFillea posted:

The only way to play Hunk in Mercs is single headshot into neckbreak combo

that'd be it yes

Erika
Feb 6, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bobnumerotres posted:

i dont think it affects QTEs, as far as i know:
1. you find less ammo
2. enemies deal like double damage
3. that cute thing where Leon miraculously survives with 0.1 HP from lethal blows almost never happens
4. bosses have their HP cranked up a bit
Really? I remember dying repeatedly from a boulder in pro mode, due to more difficult button mashing and stopped playing it forever.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah it definitely makes QTEs harder, especially that one really long QTE.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
the rock qte killed me the first time i encountered it. i was not expecting a qte in a resident evil game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

The red 9 is the go to gun but the broken butterfly has the sickest reload animation
I wish you got a bit more magnum ammo but as it is it’s the sickest boss killer in the game. Keeping it fully upgraded and capping chainsaw dudes/killing Salazar in like 10 seconds with a few precise shots and a stylish reload or two owns

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I have RE4 on Wii and I haven't played it nearly enough, just the first quarter or so... a drat shame!

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Bolverkur posted:

I have RE4 on Wii and I haven't played it nearly enough, just the first quarter or so... a drat shame!

You have the best version, just fuckin' play it, god drat

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sun is down and dinner is almost done...it almost time to play RE4 until i fall asleep

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
Pro-tip, don't buy sniper scopes, the rifles come with one.

Also the Semi-auto rifle is absurdly good in Mercenaries mode, since it is basically a rapid fire magnum.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't want to fight the big scary lake monster.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

throw the spears

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

In Training posted:

you can do it!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

throw the spears

It's very stressful

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's an awesome fight though

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I always spend like 20 minutes spear fishing there to get some more money.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

In Training posted:

this is me for every boss. i have to hype myself up to even start the fights it's so good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

you can just shoot the lake a few times without getting in the boat and it'll just kill it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I had a small heart attack every time the music cut out . The turn speed was like perfectly tuned so that every time I threw the spear it felt like the last possible second

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

you can just shoot the lake a few times without getting in the boat and it'll just kill it

I game with honor:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

Lol don't be mean

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I game with honor:

so close. actually what happens is he jumps out and loving kills you

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

if theres a way to cheese a game i will do it. win at all costs

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I carry the giant 16 square or whatever black bass in my inventory all game.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Doctor Goat posted:

I carry the giant 16 square or whatever black bass in my inventory all game.

why wouldn't you?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh I beat it a bit ago. Got to the bit where you stop the waterfall and a huge gang of zombies come from two directions and felt like a completely badass wiping out the group without taking a hit...I'm getting better

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Whatre you buyin'

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oh my god! The troll escaped from the mines of Moria!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Bobnumerotres posted:

why wouldn't you?

logically you'd use it first because it takes up the most space and does the same thing as a first aid spray or gold egg

logicusers are scrubs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The story of this game is awesome.

• Locked thread