Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

pentyne posted:

Even so, 12 years still puts them as one of the longest running comedies ever, beating Fraiser, Seinfeld, Cheers, etc.

Though they've been doing 10 episode seasons for ages now so it's not like we've gotten nearly as many episodes as we got from those shows. (Though out of that list only Seinfeld is as good as Sunny, imo)

Anyway, I personally felt that season 10 was the weakest season since the first one, and if they feel like they're running out of steam I'm down with them calling quits before the show loses its charm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Though they've been doing 10 episode seasons for ages now so it's not like we've gotten nearly as many episodes as we got from those shows. (Though out of that list only Seinfeld is as good as Sunny, imo)

Anyway, I personally felt that season 10 was the weakest season since the first one, and if they feel like they're running out of steam I'm down with them calling quits before the show loses its charm.

Nah, whichever season it was with Rum Ham (which was itself fine) was the pits, I actually quit watching It's Always Sunny maybe halfway into that season and figured I wouldn't be going back. I ran out of other stuff to watch earlier this year and tried some of the newer stuff on a whim and liked it.

ninja alamode
Apr 20, 2004

That was season 7, it had so many good episodes, with Frank's Brother the only widely considered stinker, but more importantly it had fat Mac.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Fat Mac was this insanely weird moment of creative genius because a show-runner decided to gain like 50 lbs for a season for the jokes therein, then lose the weight right after. That's Raging Bull level commitment for a show they know will never get an Emmy.

Even more hilarious, that Rob flat out says "no loving way any of us are ever considered for an Emmy, unless Charlie's movie career blows up enough"

pentyne fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Nov 25, 2015

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

pentyne posted:

Fat Mac was this insanely weird moment of creative genius because a show-runner decided to gain like 50 lbs for a season for the jokes therein, then lose the weight right after. That's Raging Bull level commitment for a show they know will never get an Emmy.

Even more hilarious, that Rob flat out says "no loving way any of us are ever considered for an Emmy, unless Charlie's movie career blows up enough"

I'm starting to get the neck thing.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Nah, whichever season it was with Rum Ham (which was itself fine) was the pits, I actually quit watching It's Always Sunny maybe halfway into that season and figured I wouldn't be going back. I ran out of other stuff to watch earlier this year and tried some of the newer stuff on a whim and liked it.

What is wrong with you, season 7 is absolutely the best season of all. Sure, it has the worst episode , but it also has the best episode. You're a goddman savage idiot savage

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

drunken officeparty posted:

Sure, it has the worst episode

Can't think of a candidate for worst episode from that season. Do tell.

Wungus
Mar 5, 2004

pentyne posted:

I still can't get over how they spent an entire season without a Big Mac joke and ended it with Ronald Mc-Goddamn-Donald. There was this slightly subtle joke running the undercurrent of the whole loving season and they knocked it out of the goddamn loving park with an even better tangentially related name.

I hope the next season has like, Mountain Mac, played by Dean Cain, who also turns out to be gay. I hope that they just start bringing in more and more cousins of Mac, all named something-Mac, who all turn out to be gay. I honestly can't imagine that wearing on me.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Didn't he want to be Fat Mac FOREVER? But his doctor told him,"Holy poo poo dude, lose the loving weight :stare:"

Also, didn't he want the entire cast to get fat? :allears:

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Whalley posted:

I still can't get over how they spent an entire season without a Big Mac joke and ended it with Ronald Mc-Goddamn-Donald. There was this slightly subtle joke running the undercurrent of the whole loving season and they knocked it out of the goddamn loving park with an even better tangentially related name.

How in the world did I not see this until now. I swear this show is packed with these jokes that aren't really that complex but that I only get after seeing folks talking about them online.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Steve2911 posted:

Can't think of a candidate for worst episode from that season. Do tell.

Frank's Brother is season 7 and pretty universally (at least this thread) agreed to be the worst episode of any season

The Gang Gets Trapped is also season 7 and is the best episode of any season

all the other ones are absolutely great too. It's definitely the best season as a whole

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 01:38 on Nov 26, 2015

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I think Who Pooped the Bed is basically equally as bad but at least that one has Dee's b-plot to make up for it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Jerusalem posted:

Didn't he want to be Fat Mac FOREVER? But his doctor told him,"Holy poo poo dude, lose the loving weight :stare:"

I think it has more to do with all the size pills Dennis gives him.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Jia posted:

I think Who Pooped the Bed is basically equally as bad but at least that one has Dee's b-plot to make up for it.

Never understood people that didn't like that episode. Artemis's whole speech at the end is great, Charlie bowing to Dennis with his bed made for kings, wolf hair:inconclusive. It's all good,

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izGwDsrQ1eQ

drunken officeparty fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Nov 26, 2015

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jia posted:

Holy poo poo what the gently caress? That's a fantastic episode.

Also Season 7 gave us CharDeeMacDennis AND Thunder Gun Express so anyone who tries to say it's a bad season is hosed in the head.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

God I am so ready for this season...

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

I just don't think poop jokes are funny

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I did all the poops.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Whalley posted:

I hope the next season has like, Mountain Mac, played by Dean Cain, who also turns out to be gay. I hope that they just start bringing in more and more cousins of Mac, all named something-Mac, who all turn out to be gay. I honestly can't imagine that wearing on me.

One of the greatest reveals in the history of television.

Also, Season 7 was great and anyone who says otherwise is a jabroni.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What's everyones favorite one-off character? Off the top of my head I vote for P. Diddy in Charlies Mom Has Cancer

We got the funk, Dr Jinx got that funk

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

What's everyones favorite one-off character? Off the top of my head I vote for P. Diddy in Charlies Mom Has Cancer

Mother nature don't play

I like Sinbad.

NO My absolute favorite is the gin bar bartender in "The ANTI-social Network". He played off them in a great way.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Even the worst episode or worst season of sunny is better than most sitcoms that have existed since Seinfeld. Show owned, and continues to own.

If you don't agree:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

imaginary Sinbad.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

It's so tough because nearly all the 'one-off' characters recur. They don't have a very deep bench.

Since somebody already said Sinbad, I'll have to go with Kerri Kenney's Therapist. Rob Thomas deserves some love too.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Country loving Mac

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Yeah, they've already been mentioned but Country Mac and Dr. Jinx were great. It's a shame that the hooooor that Frank was going to marry died, because she was great too.

Also, they've already had two indestructible pets but I wouldn't mind seeing either of them again.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.
How are ya'll forgetting about Pepper Jack? Dee was his best ho.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

The Gang Gets Trapped is also season 7 and is the best episode of any season

I have watched this episode 40 times and I don't get why its the best, but its so good I can just watch it on repeat, nothing has ever had that effect on me. I've watched every episode once, apart from that one, which i've watched over and over.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I think it's because Frank doesn't say "vase" in any other episodes.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

willie_dee posted:

I have watched this episode 40 times and I don't get why its the best, but its so good I can just watch it on repeat, nothing has ever had that effect on me. I've watched every episode once, apart from that one, which i've watched over and over.

I feel the same. Just thinking through some of the great moments and lines from the episode and I kinda want to put it on right now.

Like: "I hope they lock you in the basement and rape you for a hundred years", potato chips from the hamburger store, and the Asian-Texan family in full Texan regalia come to mind in particular. Frank whipping the vase at the end is just the cherry on top.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
"That's what indy would do!" and Charlie's diversion are also brilliant moments. Oh and the Arizona leather shop.

It's a brilliant episode, I don't know if it's the best or not, but it's amazing.

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Oh man, now I need to rewatch that one. I forgot how awesome it is. The best episodes to me, though, are The Gang Solves the Gas Crisis and The Nightman Cometh. I've watched both multiple times.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I think it's the best one because it's almost purely arguing.

Also, whispered arguments are loving hilarious.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี

Dead Precedents posted:

How are ya'll forgetting about Pepper Jack? Dee was his best ho.

Pepper Jack love Fraggle Rock!

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Agronox posted:

Also, they've already had two indestructible pets but I wouldn't mind seeing either of them again.

Oh man I forgot about Agent Jack Bauer.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

FELD1 posted:

I feel the same. Just thinking through some of the great moments and lines from the episode and I kinda want to put it on right now.

Like: "I hope they lock you in the basement and rape you for a hundred years", potato chips from the hamburger store, and the Asian-Texan family in full Texan regalia come to mind in particular. Frank whipping the vase at the end is just the cherry on top.

"Dee, you gangly, uncoordinated bitch! I am not getting hogtied over your lack of grace. :argh: "

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

pahuyuth posted:

Pepper Jack love Fraggle Rock!
this is my favorite line in the entire show. The delivery is just perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Claeaus
Mar 29, 2010

Frank's Brother is season 7 and pretty universally (at least this thread) agreed to be the worst episode of any season

I'm working on my temper, but know that I STRONGLY DISAGREE WITH THIS!