Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brain.centipedes
Feb 6, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lolasaurusrex
Feb 8, 2013

Look how not shallow I am guys. Look. LOOK AT ME.

Insult Comic Barbie
Apr 21, 2010
Green: "I'd rather date someone beautiful inside and out than someone who is hot but not as perfect. This makes me unique somehow"
Red: "I'd rather date ugly women so I can make hot women think I'm nice"

Ladies, it appears we have finally engineered two prototypes of The Perfect Gentlemen.

Insult Comic Barbie has a new favorite as of 13:38 on Nov 25, 2015

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Ok, are both the red and the green comments from the same people both times, they appear to contradict themselves.

Laverna
Mar 21, 2013

Rondette posted:

Ok, are both the red and the green comments from the same people both times, they appear to contradict themselves.

Red in the first comment is saying they want a woman who's hot AND nice (and religious) rather than just one who's hot.

I'm not sure what's up with green though. It looks like they're backing out of their own advice.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I think green just misread it as a sort of "I'd rather someone nice and into jesus, than someone who's hot" first then red commented again for clarification. :shrug:

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

I think green just misread it as a sort of "I'd rather someone nice and into jesus, than someone who's hot" first then red commented again for clarification. :shrug:

Ahhh, yeah, some commas would have helped.

"I'd rather date a woman who is beautiful on the inside and outside, that is chasing after jesus and living for god, than a woman who is smoking hot.'

I'm not even sure if that is correct but it certainly makes more sense.

And yeah, Green really double backs there!!

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Insult Comic Barbie posted:

Green: "I'd rather date someone beautiful inside and out than someone who is hot but not as perfect. This makes me unique somehow"
Red: "I'd rather date ugly women so I can make hot women think I'm nice"

Ladies, it appears we have finally engineered two prototypes of The Perfect Gentlemen.

Backwards
Red wants it all: Hot, Nice, God-fearing
Green just wants Nice...(and also hot)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

When he's not publicly telling his wife she'd be hotter with a bigger boobs or lamenting, publicly, he doesn't come home to a blow job he's posting these.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

He's right tho

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

oldpainless posted:

He's right tho

His attitude aint

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
Some poo poo on IFLS was floating round FB the other day and I cannot be persuaded it's not a parody. Having known some physicists irl they're not a breed known for their personal skills and this is the worst idea ever.

quote:

You want a physicist to speak at your funeral. You want the physicist to talk to your grieving family about the conservation of energy, so they will understand that your energy has not died. You want the physicist to remind your sobbing mother about the first law of thermodynamics; that no energy is created in the universe and none is destroyed. You want your mother to know that all your energy, ever vibration, every BTU of heat, every wave of every particle that was her beloved child remains with her in this world. You want the physicist to tell your weeping father that amid the energies of the cosmos, you gave as good as you got.

And at one point, you'd hope that the physicist would step down from the pulpit and walk to your brokenhearted spouse there in the pew and tell him that all the photons that ever bounced off your face, all the particles whose paths were interrupted by your smile, by the touch of your hair, hundreds of trillions of particles, have raced off you like children, their ways forever changed by you. And as your widow rocks in the arms of a loving family, may the physicist let her know that all the photons that bounced from you were gathered in the particle detectors that are her eyes, that those photons created within her constellations of electromagnetically charged neurons whose energy will go on forever.

And the physicist will remind the congregation of how much of all our energy is given off as heat. There may be a few fanning themselves with their programs as he says it. And he will tell them that the warmth that flowed through you in life is still here, still part of all that we are, even as we who mourn continue in the heat of our own lives.

And you'll want the physicist to explain to those who loved you that they need not have faith; indeed, they should not have faith. Let them know that they can measure, that scientists have measured precisely the conservation of energy and found it accurate, verifiable and consistent across space and time. You can hope your family will examine the evidence and satisfy themselves that the science is sound and that they'll be comforted to know your energy is still around. According to the law of the conservation of energy, not a bit of you is gone. You're just less orderly. Amen.

gently caress

ing

hell

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea i've read that some studies have found that height is one of the major things women look for in men. Its mostly likely a social construct because we've always had men who are tall are more manly than ones who are not.

There's a reason apple crates are a major industry in hollywood.

It's funny, because I know a guy who really got into MRA because he honestly through it was about breaking down macho bullshit in society, how wrong he was.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

twistedmentat posted:

It's funny, because I know a guy who really got into MRA because he honestly through it was about breaking down macho bullshit in society,

Did you tell him that was what feminism was?

Also, I'm 6'7", and people, women included, just think I'm scary. :(

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Tiberius Thyben posted:

FIRE BAD! FRIEND GOOD!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

IFLS started out decent, as someone who just wanted to share cool science stories. Then it turned into "click my blog!" because she realized she could make tons of cash, got click-baity as a result, and now just pander to smug dickwads who think they're superior over everyone else because they worship DeGrasse Tyson and Sagan like good Redditors do. On top of that, it gets interspersed with crap health stories like all pages eventially do to generate more clicks and shares. I think I unfollowed a good two years now and ended up blocking it because so many friends were sharing the worst articles.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Can somebody explain the idiot here? I don't get it. :saddowns:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Violet_Sky posted:

I had no idea either so I googled the ex he referred to. First hit, her blog which outlines that he's insane and the abuser. Or something.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

darkwasthenight posted:

Some poo poo on IFLS was floating round FB the other day and I cannot be persuaded it's not a parody. Having known some physicists irl they're not a breed known for their personal skills and this is the worst idea ever.

gently caress

ing

hell

My mom shared this on my page today. I didn't open the link but I can recognize some of the text from the preview. Is this her way of saying she wants to be remembered? Put that poo poo in a will, mom, your daughter is a lawyer and she's not going to listen to facebook posts as final wishes.

Ahhhh I should probably talk to her about writing a living will. She's only 60 but she's kind of flaky so I doubt she has one. Never easy to talk about it but it's better than forwarding some poo poo on facebook and hoping that gets honored as your final wishes.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Good old american litigation. SMH - I was supportive of him before - but this just sounds greedy.

Its not about his right to sue. In the end taxpayers pay. The whole nation was behing him - obama, zuckerberg etc. The suit claims he had to flee the country. Just seems over the top

Sorry still don't agree. What happened to him was wrong. Suing a city won't teach a lesson to anyone, nor will it stop it by personally enriching him / his family. I agree people sue for much smaller things - two wrongs don't make a right.

Its not just moral support. I'm not advocating the idea that 14 years old should be treated like crap. I don't see this is such a black and white issue. His response up to this point was really impressive - no blaming - no using it for his fame. Now it feels like a cash grab

Ya this is kinda taking things a little far. This guy's 15 minutes are long over.

The whole thing coulda been a bait. Mind u he invented nothing, but took apart something, and put it into a briefcase to make it suspicious, and kept showing it around. The family has since moved to Qatar.

Miranda
Dec 24, 2004

Not a cuttlefish.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Awww my husband is 6'7 and he's a gentle giant! I'm 5'6 so my neck hurts a lot. You aren't scary! (Unless you are...)

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Good old american litigation. SMH - I was supportive of him before - but this just sounds greedy.

Its not about his right to sue. In the end taxpayers pay. The whole nation was behing him - obama, zuckerberg etc. The suit claims he had to flee the country. Just seems over the top

Sorry still don't agree. What happened to him was wrong. Suing a city won't teach a lesson to anyone, nor will it stop it by personally enriching him / his family. I agree people sue for much smaller things - two wrongs don't make a right.

Its not just moral support. I'm not advocating the idea that 14 years old should be treated like crap. I don't see this is such a black and white issue. His response up to this point was really impressive - no blaming - no using it for his fame. Now it feels like a cash grab

Ya this is kinda taking things a little far. This guy's 15 minutes are long over.

The whole thing coulda been a bait. Mind u he invented nothing, but took apart something, and put it into a briefcase to make it suspicious, and kept showing it around. The family has since moved to Qatar.

Child prodigy creates an advanced clock that nets him a cool fifteen million.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Tweet Me Balls posted:

Child prodigy creates an advanced clock that nets him a cool fifteen million.

The free market prevails.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Violet_Sky posted:

It's possible it was shared as an intent to make fun of men who claim to be abused, but my personal interpretation of it is that the poster of the rant is an idiot on social media for being gross and stigmatizing about BPD, which is definitely not a sudden switch that gets flipped to become an abuser but a trauma-response condition, the most frequent symptom of which is a lack of trust and faith in interpersonal relationships. I guess just imagine it as any other mental illness in that situation. If somebody said their g

Violet_Sky posted:

I think the way he describes BPD is stigmatizing and unhelpful, but I feel like the general goon opinion is probably more in line with a belief that he is wrong in describing his perceived abuse or that it seems like he is clearly underplaying his role in the situation. It's also possible he's an idiot for giving a great amount of detail about his own life and about the life of another person because he disagrees vaguely with the Huffington Post. I find that idiotic. One day somebody is going to write a publish a memoir and it will start "Three years ago, there was a meme on the front page of Imgur about domestic violence..."

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Tiberius Thyben posted:

I recently saw this on my Facebook by a friend who post this, I do not understand where he got it but I think that it may be useful information?

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Shayu posted:

I recently saw this on my Facebook by a friend who post this, I do not understand where he got it but I think that it may be useful information?

I thought the whole "manlet" and "discrimination against short guys" thing was just a thing 4chan made up to make themselves feel better about mocking fat girls. Like, the tweets and stuff I've seen talking about how disgusting short guys are have pretty clearly been trolls, but they proceed to use it as evidence that they're actually the ones being looked down on.

Then again, maybe I'm just blissfully unaware of the horrible discrimination my fellow short guys face in America.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Shayu posted:

Love the censoring. You wouldn't want to be too vulgar.

(also im 195 cm aka 6'4 in moon units, whatup :smug:)

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Your Computer posted:

I thought the whole "manlet" and "discrimination against short guys" thing was just a thing 4chan made up

It is. I mean, there probably are some stuff that favour tall dudes, but between Pepe, the reaction images and all that, this pic pretty much is 4chan. I want to say /fit/, but I don't keep up with 4chan outside of an occasional check on /m/ for robot pictures, or something.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Your Computer posted:

I thought the whole "manlet" and "discrimination against short guys" thing was just a thing 4chan made up to make themselves feel better

The people who poo poo on you for being short are the people who will poo poo on you for any other reason if you were taller. "I'm not into short guys" is usually a nicer way of saying you're ugly or insufferable.

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

It's possible it was shared as an intent to make fun of men who claim to be abused, but my personal interpretation of it is that the poster of the rant is an idiot on social media for being gross and stigmatizing about BPD, which is definitely not a sudden switch that gets flipped to become an abuser but a trauma-response condition, the most frequent symptom of which is a lack of trust and faith in interpersonal relationships. I guess just imagine it as any other mental illness in that situation. If somebody said their g

I think the way he describes BPD is stigmatizing and unhelpful, but I feel like the general goon opinion is probably more in line with a belief that he is wrong in describing his perceived abuse or that it seems like he is clearly underplaying his role in the situation. It's also possible he's an idiot for giving a great amount of detail about his own life and about the life of another person because he disagrees vaguely with the Huffington Post. I find that idiotic. One day somebody is going to write a publish a memoir and it will start "Three years ago, there was a meme on the front page of Imgur about domestic violence..."

I'm assuming it has something to do with the fact he's Brianna Wu's husband.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Shayu posted:

Oh hey, I'm at the absolute bottom of the chart. I'm just glad it says "consider" instead of "commit" so I have a choice.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Well, I'm off to my insanity driven murder spree, but first lemme set my color to bright red real quick.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Fathis Munk posted:

Well, I'm off to my insanity driven murder spree, but first lemme set my color to bright red real quick.

:yeah: i'll reshare your status now!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Leroy Dennui posted:

Oh hey, I'm at the absolute bottom of the chart. I'm just glad it says "consider" instead of "commit" so I have a choice.

You're the exact person this chart is mocking. It's you. You're the star manlet.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

Leroy Dennui posted:

Look at this lanky gently caress, at least you're on the chart.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

http://galtse.cx/

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Birb Katter posted:

Unlike other forms of text on facebook, the titles of life events don't get cut off by See More if you write too much, and there's no length limit.

I doubt we're even going to have an election of Obama and his stupid trolls have their way. WA St Gov Jay Inslee is rolling out the red carpet for muslim terrorists. His Facebook page is nausiating. People need to let him know what they think of that. We aren't even going to have an American culture. We are being invaded and lunatic liberals are holding the door open for them. Obama should be arrested for Treason for supporting them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Your Computer posted:

I thought the whole "manlet" and "discrimination against short guys" thing was just a thing 4chan made up to make themselves feel better about mocking fat girls. Like, the tweets and stuff I've seen talking about how disgusting short guys are have pretty clearly been trolls, but they proceed to use it as evidence that they're actually the ones being looked down on.

Then again, maybe I'm just blissfully unaware of the horrible discrimination my fellow short guys face in America.

Being short is like balding: 90% of the time the people who complain about it are getting poo poo on because of the massive chip on their shoulder rather than the condition itself.