Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

The original TR games had a selection of very precise moves Lara could pull off. They had different set-up, range and height and the idea was to figure out what you need to do on a given set of ledges and do the right input sequence for a daring jump over some poo poo. The combat was auto-aim garbage (see TR2), and the save system on the PS1 was crap.
Uncharted platforming is holding the stick in one direction and pressing jump if your character stops.
I wouldn't call platforming in og TR precise in any way shape or form, especially by like TR3 gently caress the platforming in those games

The reason why games magnetize you to poo poo now is because trying to redo a jump 1000 times because you keep misaligning by a pixel or whatever is loving stupid

I played the original prince of persia on my amiga and it was awesome for its time but I would rather stick a fork directly into my rear end hole than play it over Sands of Time

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Nov 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
For all the talk about how hard docking, launching, and missions were in Elite: Dangerous, I feel pretty okay about myself doing a simple transport job with no troubles :shobon:

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Xander77 posted:

Yeah, loving nerds trying to puzzle poo poo out. Must be autistic.
Haha yeah, "puzzling poo poo out" when a guy is doing nothing else but flying countless hours just listening to mundane murmurs of some artifact. He's not breaking an enigma or figuring a puzzle out, he's a drone randomly flying around waiting for a change in white noise.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Quest For Glory II posted:

the original tomb raider was a third person shooter with platforming, and BAD platforming at that because your inputs were on a delay like Prince of Persia
Prince of Persia is actually the greatest platformer ever made hth

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Edit: Never mind.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Very Important Link

http://media.steampowered.com/apps/csgo/blog/images/camo_bg_nopenises.jpg

Choco Happy Ending
Mar 16, 2009

Mmmmfffppphggghhg

Zetsubou-san posted:

Here some other games I can recommend:
NaissancE

I can recomment NaissancE as well, especially if you like the manga Blame!
I like to imagine the game is some sort of Netsphere representaion of The City, makes it way more interesting.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Someone asked earlier about Civ V, and since I've finished civ V on (king I think?) with like half of the civs, or maybe a bit more, and have played literally 400 or so hours of it, I have something to say! I tried Civ V when it first came out, after liking CivI V a lot. It wasn't that great. After getting gods and kings then brave new world (not sure if you need both, or if BNW includes the gods+kings stuff?), it is a much larger game with a lot more to it. It was only really worth playing with those expansions. Now it's my fave game in the genre, although I'm sort of done with it after playing it for like 3 years. I like endless legend now, but it's not as good. And I tried Beyond Earth when it came out, and I hated it (is beyond earth much improved now, after the recent DLC? Or even after the balance patches?)

Anyway, Civ V with BNW is the best in the genre so get it if it's on sale now, it's definitely worth the full price on release even today since nothing else competes.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
I refuse to believe this is just a coincidence

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
So i just realized that Just Cause 3 comes out next week. Has there been any buzz about it from people have played previews or whatever? I'm trying to decide if i should get my hopes up for it or not.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Freak Futanari posted:

So i just realized that Just Cause 3 comes out next week. Has there been any buzz about it from people have played previews or whatever? I'm trying to decide if i should get my hopes up for it or not.

The only video you will ever need

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6exCjo5_q4

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Some one a few pages back listed Crowntakers ( http://store.steampowered.com/app/294370/ ) as a good deal and I'm going to echo that because it cost me $3 canadian for the game and DLC (85% off) and is a really fun sort of roguelike board game type thing. Check it out.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Freak Futanari posted:

Looked pretty great from the video Giant Bomb did with the developers.

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-ex-just-cause-3/2300-10860/

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Doctor Cave posted:

I refuse to believe this is just a coincidence

ok

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica
What are the thoughts on Cypt of the Necro Dancer and Titan Souls for someone who likes rogue-likes?

Count Chocula
Dec 25, 2011

WE HAVE TO CONTROL OUR ENVIRONMENT
IF YOU SEE ME POSTING OUTSIDE OF THE AUSPOL THREAD PLEASE TELL ME THAT I'M MISSED AND TO START POSTING AGAIN

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

What are the thoughts on Cypt of the Necro Dancer and Titan Souls for someone who likes rogue-likes?

I'm terrible at rhythm games but I still love Crypt of the Necrodancer. I just got it and I can't stop thinking about it. I showed the trailer to some non-gamers and now they want to play it. I almost bought a dance pad at a thrift store for it.

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
Her Story is a pretty great "game". I got all but 59ish clips (over 75%) then had to employ the BLANK search trick for the rest. It's neat when you make an "ah-ha" connection.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Titan Souls isn't even kind of a roguelike. CotN is quite good, though to be honest I haven't stuck with it because I suck at rhythm games. It is a rhythm game first and foremost, I'd say.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Welp, guess i'll be buying it and crossing my fingers that my CPU isn't too poo poo to handle it

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Crypt of the necrodancer is great

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Quest For Glory II posted:

I wouldn't call platforming in og TR precise in any way shape or form, especially by like TR3 gently caress the platforming in those games

The reason why games magnetize you to poo poo now is because trying to redo a jump 1000 times because you keep misaligning by a pixel or whatever is loving stupid

I played the original prince of persia on my amiga and it was awesome for its time but I would rather stick a fork directly into my rear end hole than play it over Sands of Time

Actually it's because people aren't willing to git gud

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right
Is anyone up for a 4-pack for Rocket League? It'd come to €9,63 each (cheaper than the US bundle, but you don't need to from Europe to participate), need to be paid to me by PayPal.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/252950/

1) Grawl - http://steamcommunity.com/id/grawl/

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
Wow, they finally got that 4-pack up, huh? Good news for any new players.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Freak Futanari posted:

Yes.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Freak Futanari posted:

Be thankful you're one of the people not inundated with hype.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Morter posted:

Be thankful you're one of the people not inundated with hype.

I'm not gonna get hyped because then i'll be even more disappointed if my PC can't handle it

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Grawl posted:

Is anyone up for a 4-pack for Rocket League? It'd come to €9,63 each (cheaper than the US bundle, but you don't need to from Europe to participate), need to be paid to me by PayPal.

I should finally pick this up so hell, count me in. First purchase of the sale.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

30 bucks for Witcher 3? gently caress yes!

Grawl
Aug 28, 2008

Do the D.A.N.C.E
1234, fight!
Stick to the B.E.A.T
Get ready to ignite
You were such a P.Y.T
Catching all the lights
Just easy as A.B.C
That's how we make it right

Ragequit posted:

I should finally pick this up so hell, count me in. First purchase of the sale.

Ok so;

2) Ragequit - http://steamcommunity.com/id/ragequits/

PhysicsFrenzy
May 30, 2011

this, too, is physics

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Crypt of the Necrodancer is great. If you're not huge on the rhythm game aspects, there's a character you can play as that can move off the beat.

You might also like One-Way Heroics. The gimmick is that the map scrolls with your movement and you can't backtrack.

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Xander77 posted:

I found the game to be insufferably twee and every character an obnoxious stereotype, personally.
The question is whether I will have to do that every time I log into steam.

Not that it matters much, as they've sent me 3 codes by now, and every single one was "wrong SMS code"

In case you didn't figure it out yet, the SMS code is the text you received when you gave Steam your phone number. That's a one time verification.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Freak Futanari posted:

Welp, guess i'll be buying it and crossing my fingers that my CPU isn't too poo poo to handle it
The only thing that worries me is that it looks like the guy in the video plays with god mode and without it the game may end up like vanilla JC2 where you died way too fast to pull all the awesome stunts off.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

Buy Crypt. It's amazing and you will love it.

Titan Souls... well, I wasn't a huge fan. The concept was good for the ludum dare, but I didn't quite like it once it was expanded out to a full game. It's a well made game so your mileage may vary. That said, it's a linear-ish adventure game, not a rogue-like or lite.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Palpek posted:

The only thing that worries me is that it looks like the guy in the video plays with god mode and without it the game may end up like vanilla JC2 where you died way too fast to pull all the awesome stunts off.

Apparently he doesn't. Rico was as sturdy in the GB video ( to the point people said the same thing ), and they came out and said no. Rico is just sturdier here, and they've given him all his health/armor unlocks for these streamers.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Brackhar posted:

Buy Crypt. It's amazing and you will love it.

Titan Souls... well, I wasn't a huge fan. The concept was good for the ludum dare, but I didn't quite like it once it was expanded out to a full game. It's a well made game so your mileage may vary. That said, it's a linear-ish adventure game, not a rogue-like or lite.

I got Titan Souls during one of those build-a-bundle sales from Humble Store and it's pretty disappointing. Every boss has like a minute of empty space between the save point and their room so every time you die you have to run back across it for seemingly no reason other than to pad out the game's runtime.

Also the game's art style is a pretty shameless ripoff of Shadow of the Colossus only with none of the actual quality that made the original game look so impressive in the first place.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Rookersh posted:

Apparently he doesn't. Rico was as sturdy in the GB video ( to the point people said the same thing ), and they came out and said no. Rico is just sturdier here, and they've given him all his health/armor unlocks for these streamers.

I also like that you're able to use grapple hooks to pull yourself out of stuns/ragdoll animations. Seems like they've given a lot of thought to small touches like that.

h_double
Jul 27, 2001

Sloppy posted:

You Must Build A Boat is pretty awesome. It's an insanely addictive match-3 that a goon recommended a long time ago and is finally on sale.

I spent about 3x as much time playing games this morning as I intended because of it :(

Got this as a $3 mobile game a few weeks ago and love it. Chanting "YOU. MUST. BUILD. A. BOAT." when you level up is the best feeling.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
I've not had a chance to play it yet, but having heard good things I'll point out that the current price for Layers of Fear is the lowest the game will get for awhile. According to the devs:

Layers of Fear Devs posted:

The Steam Halloween Sale will be the last chance for you to get Layers of Fear at a discounted price! For the rest of the year we will focus on adding content to the game, and as we have stated in our Early Access notes the price will go up with those updates.

According to discussion the target date to leave Early Access is early next year.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Modus Pwnens posted:

In case you didn't figure it out yet, the SMS code is the text you received when you gave Steam your phone number. That's a one time verification.
One of us has no idea what they're talking about.

I enter steam guard, and change the options from "Get steam guard codes by email" to "get steam guard codes on my phone". Press "Next", and am asked to "Enter the SMS code we've sent to your phone". The SMS arrives within seconds, I enter it, and "The SMS code is incorrect".

Anyways, there's a pre-xmas (prismas) gift train happening. Join in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

You're being hacked right now! :o

• Locked thread