Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

That had to be the most awkward moment of his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Strudel Man posted:

I'm fairly confident that this is not the case, and that if you're not a minor or a commercial driver, it is perfectly legal to drive at less than .08% BAC.

Commercial BAC limit is .04%, but yeah as long as you're under that (assuming you also can pass some kind of roadside cognitive thing) you are legal.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

By Spartan law, he will now be thrown from the highest cliff, to feed the waiting wolves below.

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Ape Has Killed Ape posted:

By Spartan law, he will now be thrown from the highest cliff, to feed the waiting wolves below.

That's a Greek police force, clearly. Dude was probably a butcher, or gardener or something.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Ultimate Shrek Fan posted:

I was riding shotgun in my buddy's RSX and it happened. We were headed to work on a busy 2 lane and I was half-asleep trying to squeeze in a nap and holy gently caress talk about a jump scare.

Been there too, a buddy "shut my hood" for me after I put in some oil and then I took the highway. Absolutely shattered my windshield too, however the windshield didn't fully break, it just cobwebbed.

The same buddy was in the car when it happened, and said that even though the hood scared him, he was more freaked out by how I just sighed and pulled over.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Strudel Man posted:

I don't know how it could exist otherwise. Asphalt trucks can't exactly drive over cars, and wouldn't produce a surface like that even if they could.

Maybe the road crew was just really bored

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Slingshots are not toys. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l403ndBvdEk

HP Artsandcrafts has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Nov 27, 2015

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Uncle Enzo posted:

Commercial BAC limit is .04%, but yeah as long as you're under that (assuming you also can pass some kind of roadside cognitive thing) you are legal.

for the record never submit to a roadside breathalyzer or field sobriety test

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Try to click on that big annotation that says "NOT SURE IF THIS IS REAL?" while he's bleeding.

-e-
You changed it :argh:

HP Artsandcrafts
Oct 3, 2012

Lurking Haro posted:

Try to click on that big annotation that says "NOT SURE IF THIS IS REAL?" while he's bleeding.

-e-
You changed it :argh:

Copy and pasted the wrong one.

You can't win a race in the first corner but you can sure as hell lose one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hHAkynBAu9Q

ante
Apr 9, 2005

SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS
edit: gently caress, no, not derailing about this

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ante posted:

edit: gently caress, no, not derailing about this

Go ahead, everyone else does.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Just came across this :nms:

The Schadenfreude comes from her reaction. I mean how do you not know what to do when injured, you have your phone in your hand, and need to ask your stream, Christ.

Bates
Jun 15, 2006

im pooping! posted:

*If you want to spend the rest of your evening getting a blood test.

TNO
Jul 9, 2006

I drank all your Kool-Aid.

im pooping! posted:

Pretty good way to get your license suspended on the spot in a lot of states.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Anosmoman posted:

*If you want to spend the rest of your evening getting a blood test.

And commit an another crime that will automatically suspend your license.

e:f,b

Gynocentric Regime has a new favorite as of 05:16 on Nov 27, 2015

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

syscall girl posted:

Look, the guy in the drive through liquor store left half the wrapper on the straw of my Long Island ice tea.

It's totally legit. Do I look like I'm in any condition to replace that wrapper?

Are there states with drive through liquor stores that serve long islands? God drat.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Uncle Enzo posted:

Good lord, what backwards hellhole do you live in where commercial BAC isn't 0.0?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

HEY NONG MAN posted:

Are there states with drive through liquor stores that serve long islands? God drat.

I guess it was frozen daiquiris.

http://www.vice.com/read/defending-the-daiquiri-and-new-orleanss-go-cup-culture

Also lol if you don't get how implied consent works and think you're gonna game the system.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Gorilla Salad posted:

Good lord, what backwards hellhole do you live in where commercial BAC isn't 0.0?

Not some Muslim hellhole where a single beer with a meal means you're gonna murder a herd of children.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Bum the Sad posted:

Not some Muslim hellhole where a single beer with a meal means you're gonna murder a herd of children.

what? if you're driving a commercial truck you shouldn't drink any alcohol at all during your shift.

poo poo, that's the rule at my company across the board and i'm just a dumb office gently caress.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem
Puritanical American retardation.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

syscall girl posted:

Also lol if you don't get how implied consent works and think you're gonna game the system.

It's not "gaming the system" to insist on objective tests rather than an officer's feelings.. Here in Minnesota, and quite a few other states, participating in any roadside test is voluntary and implied consent only comes into play after you've been arrested on suspicion of DWI/DUI. (If you don't blow or provide a blood sample after you've been arrested it's an automatic suspension) You can be found guilty of DUI for failing the coordination tests because you're tired, or the road is icy, it's windy out, or you're just a klutz even if you later test clean for drugs or alcohol.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE
I can't believe you guys still use field tests, just give everyone a breathalyzer and ditch that arbitrary poo poo.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

OH BOY HERE WE GO GUYS IM SO FUCKINGJACKED

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

I'm imagining this as some sort of showdown and it's the sound of his shield falling that sets off the rioters and leads to a bloodbath with the camera panning in on his face looking awkward.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

FCKGW posted:

OH BOY HERE WE GO GUYS IM SO FUCKINGJACKED

Well in MY state, blah blah blah
:goonsay:

Goons derail about the dumbest poo poo, News at 11.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

HEY NONG MAN posted:

what? if you're driving a commercial truck you shouldn't drink any alcohol at all during your shift.

poo poo, that's the rule at my company across the board and i'm just a dumb office gently caress.

They aren't talking about office rules, though, they're talking about the law. I really doubt any trucking companies are going to allow drinking on the job even if it's legal. Which, I don't even know how many states even allow driving with open alcohol in the vehicle anyway. In my state at least, the lower bac limit for commercial drivers is always, not just on the job.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
Every lawyer I know, including the one I helped with a mock trial when he was in law school about drunk driving, featuring a honest-to-goodness real judge who agreed, insists right and left that you take the breathalyzer every drat time. There are a million ways to get a breathalyzer result thrown out, but you will almost never see the same happen with the fact you refused the test. It'll be staring you in the face in court every time, and you will lose your license for a while no matter what in many states.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
I do not support drunk driving in any way and hope no one buzzed ever beats the rap, but don't make up legal bs.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

wayfinder
Jul 7, 2003

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

Jeez, that must've broken something.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Birb Katter posted:

I can't believe you guys still use field tests, just give everyone a breathalyzer and ditch that arbitrary poo poo.

Ever wonder why the US road death toll is up there with countries like Uzbekistan, Chile and Romania with more than 11 road deaths per 100,000 inhabitants per year?

Australia is right down with Western Europe in the 5 per 100,000 range.

Also, US road death hovers around 35,000 people per year - there's some loving schadenfreude. No wait, that's just tragic.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Our blood alcohol limit is also lower, at 0.05 for everyone all the time, which probably helps.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Samfucius posted:

Every lawyer I know, including the one I helped with a mock trial when he was in law school about drunk driving, featuring a honest-to-goodness real judge who agreed, insists right and left that you take the breathalyzer every drat time. There are a million ways to get a breathalyzer result thrown out, but you will almost never see the same happen with the fact you refused the test. It'll be staring you in the face in court every time, and you will lose your license for a while no matter what in many states.

Again, because folks like you don't realize that there are two different "breathalyzers," the Breathalyzer the lawyer you were working with is talking about is the size of a 1980's computer and lives back at the station.

It's not portable. The handheld "breathalyzer" box they want you to blow in when they bust your backyard kegger is just a tool for the cops to develop probable cause to arrest you on suspicion of DWI/DUI and can be lumped in with the "don't talk to cops" and "don't consent to a search" advice. If you fail the Preliminary Breath Test or Standard Field Sobriety Test you'll still have to blow into the actual "Breathalyzer" back at the station. Implied consent doesn't become a factor, and you don't have to provide incriminating evidence against yourself in the majority of states, until you've been placed under arrest:

Once the cuffs go on and you've been transported, you've gotta blow or you lose your license. (This is the test your lawyer buddy was talking about)

MisterOblivious has a new favorite as of 14:11 on Nov 27, 2015

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

MisterOblivious posted:

Again, because folks like you don't realize that there are two different "breathalyzers," the Breathalyzer the lawyer you were working with is talking about is the size of a 1980's computer and lives back at the station.

It's not portable. The handheld "breathalyzer" box they want you to blow in when they bust your backyard kegger is just a tool for the cops to develop probable cause to arrest you on suspicion of DWI/DUI and can be lumped in with the "don't talk to cops" and "don't consent to a search" advice. If you fail the Preliminary Breath Test or Standard Field Sobriety Test you'll still have to blow into the actual "Breathalyzer" back at the station. Implied consent doesn't become a factor, and you don't have to provide incriminating evidence against yourself in the majority of states, until you've been placed under arrest:

Once the cuffs go on and you've been transported, you've gotta blow or you lose your license. (This is the test your lawyer buddy was talking about)

What the gently caress is wrong with the US that 'don't co-operate with the police' is advice people give all the time? What kind of hosed up country do you live in that that's a reasonable thing to do?

If you refuse to provide a roadside breathalyser sample here they just arrest you for failing to provide a sample, I don't see how refusing to co-operate is going to magically make anything better for you.

SpacePope
Nov 9, 2009

HP Artsandcrafts posted:

Slingshots are not toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5_8f0ndKd4

SpacePope has a new favorite as of 15:08 on Nov 27, 2015

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

A guy I knew back in school submitted to a field breathalyzer test and passed because he was totally sober, then the pissed off cop "smelled pot" and decided to tear apart the interior of his car with a Ka-Bar and throw all of his poo poo into the ditch during his "search". He kept his license, but once a cop has started an interaction with you it's going to end with you getting hosed somehow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard

Aramoro posted:

What the gently caress is wrong with the US that 'don't co-operate with the police' is advice people give all the time? What kind of hosed up country do you live in that that's a reasonable thing to do?

If you refuse to provide a roadside breathalyser sample here they just arrest you for failing to provide a sample, I don't see how refusing to co-operate is going to magically make anything better for you.

Because they're out to get you? They're not there to help you, they're there to amass evidence so you can be charged. You're lucky if they don't shoot you.