Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

drat this game is intense

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
I didnt enjoy it on the replay. Dunno why.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD

Buck Turgidson posted:

Opt in to an older patch and see if that fixes it. Right-click on re4 in your steam library > properties > betas, then select version 1.0.2 on the drop-down menu.

I activated this but played dark soul 2 all day instead of trying it... I'll report back soon.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
It was still doing it but it stops in full screen windowed for some reason, problem solved.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

net cafe scandal posted:

drat this game is intense

it gives me Anxiety

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Dogs are barely a threat but their attack animation is very startling so I cannot help going a bit overboard on firepower when I fight them

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

I love it when you think a dog's gonna jump on you but then it stops and whips the poo poo out of you instead. Nice variety & attn to detail

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i played for an hour

i'm glad del lago doesn't need ammo, i'm just before it

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
thassa lotta fish

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i havent even cleaned out the del lago lake yet, poo poo

hope i dont get more than 4 after using one for full health

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

What a bizarre section with the fire breathing dragon statues

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training posted:

What a bizarre section with the fire breathing dragon statues
that part is completely insane. It's great how many assets and enemies and stuff they design for just one completely random ten-minute room and never use again, there's so much of that

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the entire castle is pleasantly bizarre

salazar owns

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

the entire castle is pleasantly bizarre

salazar owns

i sharted my jorts when the knights came to life, even though I knew they would because ofc they would

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In fact that whole section with Ashley was cool, because all of sudden for a half hour youre just a different character and youre forced to rethink encounters, and then its over. very cool

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

salazar owns

Leon and Salazar has the best conversations.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

In fact that whole section with Ashley was cool, because all of sudden for a half hour youre just a different character and youre forced to rethink encounters, and then its over. very cool

Yo if you happen to ever replay it, hit a dude with a door and Ashley can suplex them and explode their heads

being hit with a door triggers the same stun that headshots and flash grenades do and it doesn't check if you're Leon or not

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0Tg1btDrMA

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Doctor Goat posted:

Yo if you happen to ever replay it, hit a dude with a door and Ashley can suplex them and explode their heads

being hit with a door triggers the same stun that headshots and flash grenades do and it doesn't check if you're Leon or not

still learning stuff about this game after this long. it's so great.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Ditman glitch is extremely great. It breaks any special animation you try to do and makes you 50% faster I think?

endgame spoilers!!: http://i.imgur.com/snKuPxy.gif

If you try to use a ladder, you get desynced from the level and you can run around outside. You can pick up some mines that aren't for a real gun, Ada's special shotgun, arrows for the mercs bow, and all kinds of other stuff off levels.

There's a special cutscene to try to introduce wingless bugs but it doesn't trigger in the real game for some reason and you can see it

i wish you could get the bow in the main game or get the harpoons from the boat as a special weapon because both of them would rule

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

THat ashley has maximum possible health. Seems like a waste

gtrmp
Sep 29, 2008

Oba-Ma... Oba-Ma! Oba-Ma, aasha deh!

Doctor Goat posted:

unfortunately she can only do that in the original gamecube version

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The cutscenes are nearly MGS3 tier.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Azraelle posted:

Leon and Salazar has the best conversations.

"I have dispatched my right hand to take care of u mister kennedy"

"what your right hand comes off?"

its so unapologetically dumb

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
in re6 all of leon's comedic skills have gone into his driving

he still does oneliners but he is very grumpy

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
leon kennedy's daily report:

7:45: took car to work. totalled
9:00: somehow became president's best friend.
12:25: took a secret service car to the cafe for lunch. borrowed a police car for the way back, added both wreck cleanups to budget
4:30: got off work early!! took a bicycle home. 11 people died in the ensuing blast

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I keep thinking of the booger they inject into Leons neck at the beginning of the game and seizing up with disgust.. loving nasty.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
also i saw this on an article recently

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

ArfJason posted:

also i saw this on an article recently

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

The cutscenes are nearly MGS3 tier.

Its the closest ive seen to emulating the MGS style. But lets not get carried away

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I fuckin hate the guys who chuck dynamite

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

In Training posted:

In the Bin Laden Mountain Fortress looking area where they take you after you find Luis the first time, a dynamite ganado got more kills than I did. I swear he took out five guys with one throw trying to get me.

If you shoot them in the hand the dynamite instantly explodes too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Shoot the dynamite. Boom bitches.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
tfw when you stop dynamite and axes midair with your bullets

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Action Tortoise posted:

all RE4 is missing is shooting an axe back at the boss like in deadly premonition

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Regenerators are the scariest enemy in any video game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Action Tortoise posted:

Stopping a scythe inches from my face at the end of a reload animation made me pause the game and just like...reflect.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

Shoot the dynamite. Boom bitches.

This is usually what I do but there one that was annoying me in particular was in the gear tower segment and I couldn't figure out where the hell he was so I had to just keep running

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Regenerators are the scariest enemy in any video game

They're the best enemies. Especially the upgraded ones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

In Training posted:

Stopping a scythe inches from my face at the end of a reload animation made me pause the game and just like...reflect.

• Locked thread