Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Wanamingo posted:

I've done a blind taste test before, and honestly, the generic cola was better than either Pepsi or Coke. I think I tried it with the Safeway brand or something, but I'm sure it's all the same.

the problem i found with store brand sodas is that they went flat and crappy WAY faster than the name brand stuff, so buying a 2 liter was a great way to save money on a bottle you'd only want to drink half of

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:
So my wife, a junk food aficionado, brought home this yesterday:

They're cheeseburger-flavored Pringles. They are really impressive from a food science standpoint, but their side effects are pretty disgusting. They smell like if you smelled the results of somebody's spice rack falling off the wall. They taste kind of weird, but do manage to actually have a kind of smokey cheeseburger after taste. So instead of tasting like an actual cheeseburger I've decided they taste more like a belch from a person who has just eaten a cheeseburger.

The belch comparison was kind of forced upon me, though, since whatever the gently caress they used to create this flavor feels like it's bonded to my skin and GI tract. My breath feels rancid. I chewed gum all night to try to overpower it, but it comes back no matter what. Every time I take a drink I taste the chips again. Every time I hiccup I taste the chips again. I woke up and could still taste the chips from the night before despite having brushed my teeth twice.

I'm not sure what dark magic they used to create these chips, but gently caress man, I think they're cursed.

I ate half the cylinder. My wife ate the other half. I ain't proud.

ErIog has a new favorite as of 06:50 on Nov 27, 2015

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I'e had these before:

To me, they taste like how a Burger King whopper smells.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

To chime in on beer-flavoured bee chat*: My favourite is Pilsner.

It's originally Western Canadian and I grew up watching people of age drink it. It only showed up a few years ago in the East and it's still a pain because you "order" beer here from the creatively named "Beer Store" and when I ask for 'Pilsner' they ask "what kind". Anyway, it is the most neutral beer-flavoured beer on the market.

*: Typo, I will not change it

ErIog posted:

So my wife, a junk food aficionado, brought home this yesterday:

They're cheeseburger-flavored Pringles. They are really impressive from a food science standpoint, but their side effects are pretty disgusting. They smell like if you smelled the results of somebody's spice rack falling off the wall. They taste kind of weird, but do manage to actually have a kind of smokey cheeseburger after taste. So instead of tasting like an actual cheeseburger I've decided they taste more like a belch from a person who has just eaten a cheeseburger.

The belch comparison was kind of forced upon me, though, since whatever the gently caress they used to create this flavor feels like it's bonded to my skin and GI tract. My breath feels rancid. I chewed gum all night to try to overpower it, but it comes back no matter what. Every time I take a drink I taste the chips again. Every time I hiccup I taste the chips again. I woke up and could still taste the chips from the night before despite having brushed my teeth twice.

I'm not sure what dark magic they used to create these chips, but gently caress man, I think they're cursed.

I ate half the cylinder. My wife at the other half. I ain't proud.

Ugh. I know someone will probably accuse you of exaggeration, but super flavoured chip burps are a nightmare.

ErIog
Jul 11, 2001

:nsacloud:

cash crab posted:

Ugh. I know someone will probably accuse you of exaggeration, but super flavoured chip burps are a nightmare.

I wasn't going to post about it because who the gently caress cares what widely available snack foods taste like, but then the taste wouldn't go away.

It's the worst because I fuckin' love a cheeseburger. I've had better food, but there's a simple satisfaction in a cheeseburger that can not be beat. With these chips, though, feel like you had just eaten a cheeseburger without the accompanying satisfaction of having eaten one. It's a cheeseburger mirage. It's a snack food like people in The Matrix might eat to remind themselves of what cheeseburgers used to be.

ErIog has a new favorite as of 06:55 on Nov 27, 2015

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
I understand the aversion to washing a fuckton of dishes on Thanksgiving, but when the entire spread is comprised of nothing but aluminum pans and plastic plates and cups it just looks cheap.

That's what free child labor your little nieces and nephews are for after all.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
All you guys posting about terrible beer forgot about this beauty (I know, technically a "malt beverage" but whatever, shut up):

True story, a homeless guy in Miami called us out for being pussies on Spring Break about 10 years ago, because we were buying Coors Light. He was kind enough to inform us that Steel Reserve (aka 211) is the REAL silver bullet.

We bought 2 4-packs of tall boys for a whopping $4 + tax, and all I can say is never again. Good LORD they were loving disgusting.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

An extremely similar picture to this showed up on my snapchat as "Sweet pertatah casserole" but as a Canadian I still don't know what the non-marshmallow topping section is because this is not a dish that exists up here.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.
Speaking of burger chips these ones are fantastic:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

EZipperelli posted:

All you guys posting about terrible beer forgot about this beauty (I know, technically a "malt beverage" but whatever, shut up):

True story, a homeless guy in Miami called us out for being pussies on Spring Break about 10 years ago, because we were buying Coors Light. He was kind enough to inform us that Steel Reserve (aka 211) is the REAL silver bullet.

We bought 2 4-packs of tall boys for a whopping $4 + tax, and all I can say is never again. Good LORD they were loving disgusting.

That's what me and my roommates lived on for most of freshman year. The worst part is sometimes you'd get a pack that was very clearly "off" in some way and tasted even more of gasoline and piss than the normal ones.

I'd never recommend them to anyone, but sometimes I'll still get one purely for nostalgia purposes. I always regret it.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I kinda like steelies, waaaay better than every other cheap hobo booze (Nighttrain anyone?). But I also drink a lot of Tecate and Old German so my beer taste is very lax. I also like good beer tho, I just drink a lot of poo poo beer too.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

beato posted:

Speaking of burger chips these ones are fantastic:

That is pretty clearly a single cheeseburger

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-mfYXdjNTM

Actually, a lot ashens videos belong in this thread.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

kinmik posted:

I understand the aversion to washing a fuckton of dishes on Thanksgiving, but when the entire spread is comprised of nothing but aluminum pans and plastic plates and cups it just looks cheap.

That's what free child labor your little nieces and nephews are for after all.

What this looks like is a Thanksgiving dinner that was bought in entirety from a supermarket deli. Including prepackaged cheese and sausage tray.

cash crab posted:

*: Typo, I will not change it

I wonder if bee flavored beer would taste like acid or what

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Aesop Poprock posted:

That is pretty clearly a single cheeseburger

Double sided chips - ridged on one side straight on the other :ssh:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Picnic Princess posted:

An extremely similar picture to this showed up on my snapchat as "Sweet pertatah casserole" but as a Canadian I still don't know what the non-marshmallow topping section is because this is not a dish that exists up here.

BC knows what's up, those are either crushed pecans or walnuts

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Sir DonkeyPunch posted:

the problem i found with store brand sodas is that they went flat and crappy WAY faster than the name brand stuff, so buying a 2 liter was a great way to save money on a bottle you'd only want to drink half of

I'm that one guy that likes flat soda better, so this is a ringing endorsement to me.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

EZipperelli posted:

Malt liquor pretending to be beer and no mention of THE KING? I don't think it even comes in containers smaller than forties, and is in the same price range as Steel Reserve/Colt 45/etc.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

The worst beer I've had is Asda (the UK branch of Wal-Mart) store-brand lager.

2% abv. I affectionately named it "Homeopathic Beer". It tastes like water that, at one point, was shown a picture of hops.

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I kinda like steelies, waaaay better than every other cheap hobo booze (Nighttrain anyone?). But I also drink a lot of Tecate and Old German so my beer taste is very lax. I also like good beer tho, I just drink a lot of poo poo beer too.

This. I could drink good stouts, IPAs, and amber ales all day long, but I'd probably end up weighing 400 pounds. So yeah, my "go to" beers tend to run to the cheap, 95 calorie side. Laugh all you want, but this really isn't half bad for cheap beer:

16 bucks/30 pack around here.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

subpar anachronism posted:

Malt liquor pretending to be beer and no mention of THE KING? I don't think it even comes in containers smaller than forties, and is in the same price range as Steel Reserve/Colt 45/etc.

How about Camo, which is half the price of Colt 45 and twice as nasty? I made the mistake of buying/trying to drink a whole one when I was 17 and to this day it's the only beer that's ever made me puke

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

looking for information on posts
This site has some good rotgut reviews

e: I'm dumb

PubicMice has a new favorite as of 16:53 on Nov 27, 2015

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Your link redirects to spam buddy, take out the "s" http://www.bumwine.com/

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The best worst beer I've ever had was Earthquake high-gravity lager, which tasted awful with an aftertaste like a wet dog smells but was a whopping 12% alcohol and even cheaper than steel reserve.

Uhn
Oct 6, 2011

here comes george
in control

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

This. I could drink good stouts, IPAs, and amber ales all day long, but I'd probably end up weighing 400 pounds. So yeah, my "go to" beers tend to run to the cheap, 95 calorie side. Laugh all you want, but this really isn't half bad for cheap beer:

16 bucks/30 pack around here.

My dad drinks this poo poo like water. So when I was under 21 it was all I had.

I now drink malt liquor a lot

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
Just saw this beauty in the freezer section of Wal-Mart:

:barf:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.

EZipperelli posted:

Would. Once.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
7-11 cooks those for your next to their taquitos and chicken dildos. The first bite was okay, but it really is just too much artificial cheese flavor in one package.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

EZipperelli posted:

I wonder who thought they should expand Doritos branding to everything. Doritos are gross.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.
Pft who needs Wal-Mart, just make your own Doritos Loaded at home!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7r6RwB69P0

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'm the look of stoic acceptance of utter failure in life

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

A BBQ place around here sells koolaid pickles. They're pretty delicious actually.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Sleeveless posted:

The best worst beer I've ever had was Earthquake high-gravity lager, which tasted awful with an aftertaste like a wet dog smells but was a whopping 12% alcohol and even cheaper than steel reserve.

I work in the beer department of a liquor warehouse/store, and Earthquake is absolutely the most 'popular' thing we sell. We go through a case almost every day.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
I don't think I can let the alcohol conversation die without mentioning four lokos. Imagine a very sugary flavored drink that had a bunch of old pennies added to it to give it a very metallic taste and let it rot for a few years, and that comes close to describing my feelings of the taste of the stuff. They come (or at least, came when I drank them) in 24 oz cans, boasting ABVs up to 12%. My favorite at the time was the "red" flavor - I forget what it was supposed to be, but I think "red" describes the flavor pretty much. Maybe they are a little tamer now but back when they still had caffeine in them and were essentially vodka+redbulls it was real easy to go way too overboard and redecorate your apartment in red like a 28 days later zombie.

PubicMice
Feb 14, 2012

Murphy Brownback posted:

I don't think I can let the alcohol conversation die without mentioning four lokos. Imagine a very sugary flavored drink that had a bunch of old pennies added to it to give it a very metallic taste and let it rot for a few years, and that comes close to describing my feelings of the taste of the stuff. They come (or at least, came when I drank them) in 24 oz cans, boasting ABVs up to 12%. My favorite at the time was the "red" flavor - I forget what it was supposed to be, but I think "red" describes the flavor pretty much. Maybe they are a little tamer now but back when they still had caffeine in them and were essentially vodka+redbulls it was real easy to go way too overboard and redecorate your apartment in red like a 28 days later zombie.

Four Loko is made by the same company that makes Earthquake, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was Earthquake, just mixed with kool-aid.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Cage posted:

7-11 cooks those for your next to their taquitos and chicken dildos. The first bite was okay, but it really is just too much artificial cheese flavor in one package.

I want to buy those cheesy buffalo chicken rollers in bulk and resign myself to a heart attack at 40.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Crosspost from AUG:

I think we can all agree that if there is ONE RULE, it should be that you have to not serve pizza with sticks on it. If not a rule, then at least a suggestion.

Murphy Brownback posted:

Oh, man. Those things are awful. I first tried one last Halloween. This girl showed up dressed like a Juggalo ("I really regret coming in this costume," she said to me, "because everyone thinks I just really like ICP,") and to complete her costume, she bought Four Loco and Faygo, and let me try the former in "grape". It seriously tasted like an off-brand cough syrup for babies.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Murphy Brownback posted:

Thanks for reminding me of the Sobe Superman energy drink that came out at the same time as one of the remakes about a decade ago. It tasted like a can of carbonated copper. Bleugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quid
Jul 19, 2006

Murphy Brownback posted:

Funny you should mention them. I went to my aunt's for Thanksgiving. She recently cleaned up the garage and found about a 12 pack that my cousin had from before they reformulated them. The reformulation took place in 2010 according to wikipedia, yummo. I took them anyway. I'm thinking of bringing them to a New Year's party and letting everyone have at them,

• Locked thread