Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

some texas redneck posted:

He has Geico. :sigh: So it's going to be a pain in the rear end. And I don't have accident forgiveness on my policy, if for some hosed up reason insurance decides I was partially at fault.

Click if you want to see a fender bender.

I dunno if I heard your voice earlier or something, but you sound exactly like the voice I read your posts in, haha.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Enourmo posted:

now it powers up the way i want it

but somehow during this whole fiasco my graphics card is now acting funky

went from 150fps uncapped to an average of 30 on War thunder, even going down from "movie" to "high", and fallout 4 is back to being nigh unplayable

R&R the drivers. Make sure you tick the box to do a full uninstall.

Sinestro posted:

I dunno if I heard your voice earlier or something, but you sound exactly like the voice I read your posts in, haha.

:laffo:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

already reinstalled drivers twice, using DDU to fully nuke everything.

also updated the vbios on the advice of folks in SHSC, i'm really worried that might have had something to do with it. At this point i've flashed all 3 versions available on techpowerup to it to no effect, so maybe not.

and tried all 4 pci power wires.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Go drat that was a meal. Happy thanksgiving fellow car nuts. now time to go to the bar.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Adiabatic posted:

Romo's back! And he's playing for the Panthers!
He can hold his head high, his team won.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

He has Geico. :sigh: So it's going to be a pain in the rear end. And I don't have accident forgiveness on my policy, if for some hosed up reason insurance decides I was partially at fault.

loving Lexus SUVs.

Good luck man :v:

Enourmo posted:

already reinstalled drivers twice, using DDU to fully nuke everything.

also updated the vbios on the advice of folks in SHSC, i'm really worried that might have had something to do with it. At this point i've flashed all 3 versions available on techpowerup to it to no effect, so maybe not.

and tried all 4 pci power wires.

remove driver, reboot, install driver, reboot. then go grab the BIOS from the card manufacturer's site, not techpowerup :v:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I'm getting ready to go to Dennys with some friends for a second thanksgiving.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

mariooncrack posted:

I'm getting ready to go to Dennys with some friends for a second thanksgiving.

Get a loving grand slam

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

literally a fish posted:

remove driver, reboot, install driver, reboot. then go grab the BIOS from the card manufacturer's site, not techpowerup :v:

love to but i cant find a VBIOS anywhere on either the EVGA or geforce websites

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
Successful hosting of Thanksgiving. Now it's time to snack on leftovers and try the tequila my dad brought as a gift.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Rhyno posted:

Our first stop was at 1pm, they had 40 people and enough for for 25 so I barely got any drat turkey. Then all my mom made was desserts and poo poo. I got hosed out of my thanksgiving!

That happened to me once

Goondolences

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

im running war thunder in the background at like 24fps doe s anything look noticably hosed up here

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Ugh, Motherbitch. also the "ah goddammit" gave me a good laugh.

My helmet cam pics up some good poo poo occasionally.

worked almost a full day, went out and had mashed potato, a turkey sammich, and a beer. fuggit.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Happy Thanksgiving ya turkeys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m57gzA2JCcM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Enourmo posted:

im running war thunder in the background at like 24fps doe s anything look noticably hosed up here

You ain't got no MHz

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Enourmo posted:

love to but i cant find a VBIOS anywhere on either the EVGA or geforce websites

if you're using an EVGA card you should be able to switch to the backup BIOS using a little dip switch on the back of it or something similar (they call it dualBIOS)

for future reference it's almost never a card BIOS thing especially if you can't download it from the manufacturer; swapping out GPU BIOSes is a bad idea usually (Especially if you don't back up the stock BIOS)

Enourmo posted:

yeah your gpu core clock is hosed, that's gonna be a BIOS or driver thing, probably BIOS since you did all the driver fuckery.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

literally a fish posted:

if you're using an EVGA card you should be able to switch to the backup BIOS using a little dip switch on the back of it or something similar (they call it dualBIOS)

for future reference it's almost never a card BIOS thing especially if you can't download it from the manufacturer; swapping out GPU BIOSes is a bad idea usually (Especially if you don't back up the stock BIOS)

yeah your gpu core clock is hosed, that's gonna be a BIOS or driver thing, probably BIOS since you did all the driver fuckery.

well thats the last time i listen to random computer goons spitballing advice i guess

ill give this thing a shot

e: also microsoft made me sit through an hour long update, then popped up a loving 5 page slideshow about it that lasted like a minute per page, with like 1 line of text per. microsoft what the actual gently caress are you doing.

e2: also also ive had like 10x the helpful replies in this, the car forums chat thread, as in the dedicated tech support forum. more eyes=more gooder i guess.

EDIT THE THIRD: pulled the card out and i don't see a button or switch anywhere for the dual bios. all google results for dual bios pop up the 960 SSC, mine is just an SC (shorter form factor and i guess less overclockable? who cares), maybe mine just doesnt have it. goddamn it if i turned this thing into an expensive silicon brick by rushing for a quick fix i am going to rip my own head off my shoulders and toss it through a loving window. oh and no loving wonder, all the BIOSes on techpowerup are for the SSC or FTW variants not the SC. gently caress me in the rear end with a rusty cactus statue.

Fender Anarchist fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Nov 27, 2015

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

You were extremely mild in your response to that. I'd have turned the audio blue.

Glad you got it on camera and have a witness, no way can you be partially at fault for that, him saying you were following too close is pretty hilarious, given that you weren't even following him.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde
You've gotten better support from us because those of us who actually know things about computers don't post in the tech support forums, as they're full of morons asking dumb questions, i'd reckon :v:

Hmm. The BIOS being for the SSC is likely be the problem, as they use different board designs and power regulation. You could try sending an email to EVGA support begging for help/a copy of the correct BIOS (make sure to include your card's part number as written on the back) - they've been super nice to me in the past.

Another option is to buy another with the same part number from somewhere with a liberal returns policy, read the BIOS off it and load that BIOS into your card, then return the 2nd card. But that's a last-ditch thing, of course.
Or to post in a tech support forum asking someone with a card that has the same part number to send you a copy of their BIOS.

Fake edit: just checked, yeah, the SSC and FTW have more power input phases which would definitely explain why it's sticking to the base clock and not clocking up, your VBIOS thinks it's for another card. It's kind of surprising that it boots at all...

Personally I'd take this as an excuse to upgrade to a better card :v:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

i literally got this card last thursday so

guess ill go crawling to evga

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

Slippery Tilde

Enourmo posted:

i literally got this card last thursday so

guess ill go crawling to evga

Where'd you buy it from? you could just take it back as DOA and demand a replacement :v:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Best Thanksgiving song. Always pops in my head too leaving my grandma's, since there's a landfill entrance not too far away.

And yes, it's closed on Thanksgiving.

I ended up streaming it on my phone on the way home and managed to time it perfectly. Rolled into my driveway as the applause starts at the very end.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

literally a fish posted:

Where'd you buy it from? you could just take it back as DOA and demand a replacement :v:

i mean id consider it but i literally bought it from evga

if anyones gonna analyze it and call me on my bs its them

lucky me

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

The Locator posted:

You were extremely mild in your response to that. I'd have turned the audio blue.

Glad you got it on camera and have a witness, no way can you be partially at fault for that, him saying you were following too close is pretty hilarious, given that you weren't even following him.

Don't forget his claim that I turned from the middle lane of the road too. :v:

I'm surprised I was so mild too - I was pissed off as hell, and so shaken up that I had trouble calling the police on my phone, but I also knew the video may come in handy with insurance, so I made a conscious effort to just go completely silent while the camera was still on. And after talking to the guy, I'm drat glad I have the video, since it's going to be a he said/she said deal. The officer who responded decided the damage didn't merit an official report, he started a "blue form" that I'll have to pick up tomorrow and file with the state myself. He did say that the form would have his opinion on what happened, but it's up to me to file it with the state to make it official. Pretty pissed he refused to do an actual report with the city, but it is what it is.

I hate to sound like a typical sue-happy American, but a lot of what I've dug up says I should get a legal consultation before submitting a blue form to the state.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs
I'm seriously considering buying a desktop CNC lathe to machine custom sockets for my harness plug on the e24.

I waited 3 weeks for the parts and all the sockets were wrong. I just want to drive the drat car!
There's basically 12 wires preventing me from driving it...

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Lol wtf how did you not see that coming and hit the brakes in time? Looks like you hit him deliberately tbh

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Wolfenstein: The New Order is 85% off on Steam right now, along with a bunch of other games on sale. I'm getting it along with The Old Blood, Mirror's Edge and Injustice: Gods Among Us, as well as finally getting Fallout 3 and all three STALKER games on Steam, since they're all on hella sale right now.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

I bought Wolfenstein last night, had it on my list for a while so I'll probably never actually get around to playing it.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

You really should, it's definitely worth the 50GB(!) download and the high system requirements.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

At least its not retail I guess. :argh:

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Thanksgiving holidays are great but when it's at your in laws and there is not enough space and you have small children it makes you want to :emo: because they sleep like crap and you sleep like crap but of course every other person in the house slept fine including other kids so clearly your the one with kids that are messed up :sigh:

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

KozmoNaut posted:

Wolfenstein: The New Order is 85% off on Steam right now, along with a bunch of other games on sale. I'm getting it along with The Old Blood, Mirror's Edge and Injustice: Gods Among Us, as well as finally getting Fallout 3 and all three STALKER games on Steam, since they're all on hella sale right now.
:argh: I'm finally getting through my backlog and you do this. Really tempted to pickup Elite Dangerous but I know my system would just barely run it.

No Thanksgiving feast for me yet, I'm hosting something tomorrow for friends. Another day of cleaning cars, house, yard and garage. Also holy crap breaking in new jeans sucks.

NitroSpazzz fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Nov 27, 2015

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Don't forget his claim that I turned from the middle lane of the road too. :v:

I'm surprised I was so mild too - I was pissed off as hell, and so shaken up that I had trouble calling the police on my phone, but I also knew the video may come in handy with insurance, so I made a conscious effort to just go completely silent while the camera was still on. And after talking to the guy, I'm drat glad I have the video, since it's going to be a he said/she said deal. The officer who responded decided the damage didn't merit an official report, he started a "blue form" that I'll have to pick up tomorrow and file with the state myself. He did say that the form would have his opinion on what happened, but it's up to me to file it with the state to make it official. Pretty pissed he refused to do an actual report with the city, but it is what it is.

I hate to sound like a typical sue-happy American, but a lot of what I've dug up says I should get a legal consultation before submitting a blue form to the state.

I mean if you wanna go through all the trouble of courts, lawyers and *time* ... Sucks you got hit but if its cosmetic only i might just go on with it. Does your insurance know you deliver?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KozmoNaut posted:

You really should, it's definitely worth the 50GB(!) download and the high system requirements.

High system requirements? That's me hosed then... Haha. I'll install it and see what's what.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

corn in the fridge posted:

Lol wtf how did you not see that coming and hit the brakes in time? Looks like you hit him deliberately tbh

Lol. gently caress off. Could STR have avoided it? Maybe. Is it entirely 100% the other guys fault? Yep. Go back to the fridge.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Quorn products are actually made from mostly mushroom protein and not corn.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Kept in the dark and fed on poo poo amirite?

Woke up early to a warzone of news CHOPPAS circling and filming the idiots in line for black friday. Who cares about this poo poo jesus christ.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Siochain posted:

Lol. gently caress off. Could STR have avoided it? Maybe. Is it entirely 100% the other guys fault? Yep. Go back to the fridge.

Im not saying the other guy wasnt in the wrong but how could he be 100% at fault if STR could have done something to avoid it? If you watch the video again you'll see that strs first reaction is to hit the horn rather than the brakes. The fact that he hits the lexus from behind proves that he was traveling faster than the lexus (which doesnt apply its own brakes until after its been hit). I think he hit him deliberately.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

leica posted:

Woke up early to a warzone of news CHOPPAS circling and filming the idiots in line for black friday. Who cares about this poo poo jesus christ.

America demands blood and Black Friday delivers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I woke up, went to the hardware store, bought some knipex pliers half off, checked out with cash in the express lane within 20 min of getting there. Now im drinking beer at home watching the Bond marathon. Easy mode is possible folks.

• Locked thread