Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
I challenge anyone to find a better page on the Jojo Wiki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

quote:

Namesake: His presence in the manga is possibly inspired by Yes (musical band)

can't believe god named his only son after his favorite band

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
An alternative reading of Jesus' name being Joshua bar Joseph has always been my favorite tidbit from that page.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I still think Araki missed a trick in not just straight up giving Jesus the Joestar birthmark, then never following up on it at all.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I am glad SBR might have been inspired by Trey Parker and Matt Stone's musical, The Book of Mormon.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Wait, the Book of Mormon is an actual writing?

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Butt Ghost posted:

Wait, the Book of Mormon is an actual writing?

Yes. The actual, real rear end Mormons Latter Day Saints have it as holy scripture.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm partial to this one, if only for how great the ability name Fall Of Disco is.

This is my favorite part of the Jesus page though.

I'm glad Blackmore found Jesus.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Jesus could walk on water and heal people because he was a hamon master and his stand let him transmute and duplicate matter (turning water into wine, making more fish and bread). It would be called something crazy with absolutely no relation to religion. Like 「Weird Science」or 「Hang 'Em High」(ok that last one is related but still)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Bad Seafood posted:

An alternative reading of Jesus' name being Joshua bar Joseph has always been my favorite tidbit from that page.

The New Testament as interpreted by Araki, when?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
The next thing one of you will say is "I'd never betray you, JoJo!"

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I was throwing around the idea in my head earlier today of a JoJo prequel series that involves Joshua bar Joseph as a young man going around the Levant fighting and helping people who have been possessed by all the djinn after the Romans uncover King Solomon's treasure vault. Then I remembered that I'm just some tool and fanfiction sucks and I got very sad. And that's my JoJo story thanks.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Prison Warden posted:

I was throwing around the idea in my head earlier today of a JoJo prequel series that involves Joshua bar Joseph as a young man going around the Levant fighting and helping people who have been possessed by all the djinn after the Romans uncover King Solomon's treasure vault. Then I remembered that I'm just some tool and fanfiction sucks and I got very sad. And that's my JoJo story thanks.

Don't worry, I've done the same thing. Let's be fools together and dream of JoJo part 0

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
Where can I read Jojolion? All of the websites I've tried are broken.

(I would assume that this is :filez:, but manga chapters are posted all the time around here).

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
JoJolion is being translated into English by a group called Hi wa Mata Noboru

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

The Unholy Ghost posted:

Where can I read Jojolion? All of the websites I've tried are broken.

(I would assume that this is :filez:, but manga chapters are posted all the time around here).

Wait, is batoto broken for you? I literally just finished re-reading it on batoto yesterday.

Remember that you gotta login there now, though.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

If only he knew the ability 『Dead Disco』

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

tiistai posted:

JoJolion is being translated into English by a group called Hi wa Mata Noboru

Incidentally, the translator there doesn't like the wiki because they keep reverting his localisation choices to things that are wrong (in his opinion).
(Josefumi > Jyosefumi because the passport has Jyosefumi even though that's probably more Araki not knowing his romanisation too well. Ala Cujoh)

He's also slowly working on the Part 4 spin off novel slowly.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
The ADTRW jjba pen & paper game that will never happen

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Incidentally, the translator there doesn't like the wiki because they keep reverting his localisation choices to things that are wrong (in his opinion).
(Josefumi > Jyosefumi because the passport has Jyosefumi even though that's probably more Araki not knowing his romanisation too well. Ala Cujoh)

He's also slowly working on the Part 4 spin off novel slowly.

Isn't Cujoh the Americanized name Jotaro changed to when moving to the west? ASB spells it Kujo for Jotaro and Cujoh for Jolyne.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Probably, but it doesn't really erase that Cujoh is just sort of wonky romanisation anyway. Jotaro is never referred to as Cujoh or stated to have used it, but Jolyne is. It's probably a "legit" translation, but you'd have to question if it would have ever come into play if Araki had excellent English. Maybe it would, but it's still just pretty wonky.

e:

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Nov 26, 2015

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Wait, is batoto broken for you? I literally just finished re-reading it on batoto yesterday.

Remember that you gotta login there now, though.

Oh is that it? I didn't realize. Thank you.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

I always thought Cujoh was a sort of intentional misspelling like happened at Ellis Island. Like, on her birth certificate it says "Cujoh" because an American nurse was lazy and filled it out wrong.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Well it's not rare for foreigners moving to a new country to change the spelling of their name (or even the entire name) so the locals have less of a hard time understanding it.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

how would "kujo" be hard to understand though?

StalkofWheat
Oct 10, 2012
Maybe Jolyene uses her mother's last name which just happens to also be Cujoh?

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Enourmo posted:

how would "kujo" be hard to understand though?

You vastly underestimate the lengths people will go to not understand foreigners.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeFSH9K1LIA

I don't understand how anyone ok'd these colours.
He does have "not foul" alternatives though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqcBr5dFAdY
More tournament stuff too. I don't think it's meant to be the final round though and is introduced as "Story Introduction".

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Nov 27, 2015

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They're playing through the start of story mode on the stream right now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqcBr5dFAdY

e:
The Jotaro + Pol DHA is amazing. :allears:

And it's done. Only 28 or so minutes. Well worth catching the VOD of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ws0UuiF53bw VOD here

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Nov 27, 2015

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I don't mind 90% of that for Gyro but then it gets to his face/hair and it looks really, really weird.

e: yes that DHA is nice!

Okuyasu Nijimura fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Nov 27, 2015

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
I'm probably the only person who actually is looking forward to EoH and thinks that the newest demo was actually pretty fun. Getting pumped watching the character vids.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

With the 200 videos he's posted on the subject I'd hope Aurain is a little excited too!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I just like sharing it as it does no harm, having played the demo I can't say it's something I'm hugely looking forward to but the story mode does look fun to the point of thinking it should really have been the main focus of its marketing.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I''m p much feeling the same way. I've played the demo more than I should have and the game might be a bit better than ASB, but I'm mostly looking forward to the unique stuff they added for this game like character specific dialogue, the story mode, and the unique GHAs. The prospect of actually playing it is not a pleasing one.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

alcharagia posted:

That's my prediction, is that this whole series after Part 1 is all Jonathan's fault.

He's not wrong

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It looks like fun to me and I'm lazy about tracking down actual videos so it's easier if it's here for me, personally. I'll see stuff giffed elsewhere soon after but rarely full videos linked.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Wouldn't the Nazis awake the pillarmen without Jonathan not destroying the mask immeditaly? The series would probably have Caeser, Zepelli, Straightzou and Strohiem trying to fend them off

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The Pillarmen were going to awaken in 1938 anyway, if I recall correctly. The Nazi's just hurried up the process at best.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Well I mean, it's Jojo. It would be inappropriate if the characters weren't the gaudiest people on earth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Wouldn't the Nazis awake the pillarmen without Jonathan not destroying the mask immeditaly? The series would probably have Caeser, Zepelli, Straightzou and Strohiem trying to fend them off

Speedwagon wouldn't have uncovered the ruins, and Straights wouldn't have used the opportunity to become a vampire. Basically Speedwagon never would have played a role, which would make some parts better and some parts worse.

Part 2 has the weakest connection to Dio, though. Everything else is hugely influenced by Dio's actions, until the reboot.