Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Broly is terrible because fans ruined him with their honest belief that he is always the strongest

Also, Goku is the legendary super sayian, not Broly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Bad Seafood posted:

It's Homestuck, yeah, but it's also $10,000 for the equivalent of a few seconds of screentime.

I've heard of people having more money than sense but this feels like raising (or rather lowering) the bar even among that exclusive, elite group of wealthy idiots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ7ZgeKx8a8
If we are taking lame youtube stuff I raise you. :colbert:

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
What is it with the movies and dead goku showing up at the end to help out?

And the entire thing with the dragon balls in this movie is really weird

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Broly 2 is the one where Trunks helps out by flipping Broly off and peeing on him, no?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the culminator posted:

there's no proof goku was actually there.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

the culminator posted:

Goku is the hero

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Thanks, forgot about that.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Covok posted:

Broly is terrible because fans ruined him with their honest belief that he is always the strongest

Actually its his Father. Bardock.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm thankful for new Dragon Ball

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

I'm thankful for new Dragon Ball

unfortunately less than a fourth of it is new

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Covok posted:

Goku and Vegeta are just proof that the Sayian race gets the universal award for most wasted potential for the previous and next thousand years.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I dunno, Saiyans were still pretty feared despite none of them becoming Super Saiyans through hard work and determination

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009

Aurora posted:

I dunno, Saiyans were still pretty feared despite none of them becoming Super Saiyans through hard work and determination

Yeah, the Oozaru boost could have brought the strongest to even stronger than the Ginyu force, who are supposed to be pretty terrifying. In terms of power anyway.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Saiyans were unique because they were the only race in the galaxy that were naturally super strong. Everybody else at or above your average Saiyan was either a freak of nature or a literal god. And they were rapidly getting stronger, to the point where Super Saiyans popping up all over the place was probably inevitable.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Bushmaori posted:

Yeah, the Oozaru boost could have brought the strongest to even stronger than the Ginyu force, who are supposed to be pretty terrifying. In terms of power anyway.

Yeah wasn't the Oozaru boost like 10x so vegeta was stronger then Captain ginyu even before he got to namek if he used that. If he still had his tail during the namek saga he probably could have chumped the whole squad. So basically the sayains where getting to the point where every single being in the galaxy short of frieeza and buu where weaker then them with out even using ssj. That is pretty impressive if you think about it. Like even if you assume that the average sayin wasn't close to vegeta in power level having 100 napas running around as a giant monkey with double the power level of the average ginyu squad would be very problematic for almost every single being in the glaxay except for the kais and 2 villians.

It also shows why powerlevels are dumb and why multiplier powers are even dumber (Oozaru / kaioken / SSJ ect.)

It was also equally dumb that goku / king kai never shared the technique with anyone same with instant transmission because the humans could have been some what relevant again if he wanted to. Not goku powerful but enough to not be 1000% worthless like they are. If piccolo ever learned it he probably could have been as strong as the other sayains as well but welp. Akira pretty much has shown he doesn't give one poo poo about the cast outside of goku and now maybe vegeta.

Vire fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Nov 27, 2015

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I liked the last chapter, it was fun.

Why did Vegeta lose his tail again? Yajirobe only cut a small bit and Goku and Gohans tails grew back multiple times.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Darth TNT posted:

Why did Vegeta lose his tail again? Yajirobe only cut a small bit and Goku and Gohans tails grew back multiple times.

It stops growing back after a certain age.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
So... chapter 6 of Super is out.

Holy poo poo they retconned the dragonballs again. And yes, they vetoed Gohan out of competing on the grounds that he's become a bookworm, though the Goku says it makes it seem like he doesn't think Gohan has the right attitude to be able to train and catch up. Piccolo unfortunately doesn't seem like he'll be part of it (instead, he gets to realise some insight on why Goku and Vegeta have their respective wives), Buu's in, and Champa's confirmed that he does have saiyans available to him. Beerus claims that the fifth fighter will be the strongest opponent he's ever faced. So there's unless there's some secret twist involved, we might actually be getting a new character. At the very least there's likely to be this 'Zunou' fellow, at the possible expense of this turning into GT 2.0.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

mabels big day posted:

It stops growing back after a certain age.

Saiyans are tadpoles?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

Astro Nut posted:

So... chapter 6 of Super is out.

Holy poo poo
at the possible expense of this turning into GT 2.0.

Jesus Christ, just relax.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Darth TNT posted:

Because Toriyama and remembering details have never gotten along.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dragon Ball Super's summary back when they confirmed it 8 or so months ago was that after they got through the movies, it'd lead into the characters exploring "Universe 6", so the space travelling "GT" like aspect is something we've known for quite a while. The execution is the real determining factor into whether or not the series will suck, nothing wrong with trekking through the stars.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

vire posted:

Akira pretty much has shown he doesn't give one poo poo about the cast outside of goku and now maybe vegeta.

Goku is the protagonist and Akira has explicitly said he has always viewed this story as his story. So, yes, but, also, big whoop.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Goku is cool, but is he really as cool as Cool Trunks or Piccolo? Let's be real, people.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Mogomra posted:

Goku is cool, but is he really as cool as Cool Trunks or Piccolo? Let's be real, people.

Mirai Trunks, thank you very much.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Mogomra posted:

No but they also wouldn't be as cool if they were the protagonist and we saw the goofy poo poo they got up to all the time

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Vegeta is the coolest

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baal posted:

Vegeta is the coolest

I put him JUST behind Piccolo personally, but he is very cool.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Dragon Ball Super's summary back when they confirmed it 8 or so months ago was that after they got through the movies, it'd lead into the characters exploring "Universe 6", so the space travelling "GT" like aspect is something we've known for quite a while. The execution is the real determining factor into whether or not the series will suck, nothing wrong with trekking through the stars.

They're meeting at a predetermined location to punch each other, not really a trek.

At least, not yet.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Pureauthor posted:

They're meeting at a predetermined location to punch each other, not really a trek.

At least, not yet.

That's what Pilaf's planning on doing.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Pureauthor posted:

At least, not yet.

Well, the thing is, they're gonna be exploring... somewhere, for the seventh super dragon ball. Admittedly I think its a little vague on whether its in universe 7 or universe 6 - since right now they don't really have a means of hopping across to the other universe (unless they figured Whis would take them after winning the tournament), but they explicitly highlight the idea that universe 7 should have its own set, rather than it being like, one set across the whole multiverse.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Today on Goku's Bizarre Multiverse: Cell Platinum vs Justice

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I really like that power levels and poo poo don't matter anymore. In my mind, it's better to have everyone separated into rough tiers. Don't attach a number to anyone; just have everything be sort of relative. So maybe Tenshinhan, Captain Ginyu, No. 19, and No. 20 are all about even, give or take. A step below them is Krillin, Yamcha, Recoome, Zarbon, etc. A step below them are most non-Super Saiyan Saiyans, and then below them are Kamesennin, Jaco, Yajirobi, Korin, and most fighter-type Namekians. In my mind, Freeza's mooks have always been kinda weak even by Dragon Ball standards. No way was Appule ever stronger than General Tao. And I don't see Krillin ever getting stronger than Ginyu.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Cell is as bad as Superman with pulling new powers out of his rear end..

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Cell has literally no attacks/abilities that haven't been seen before, though? Well, except for the popping miniclones thing, I agree that was weird.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

We need Cell to come back and combine his Golden transformation with his SSJGod transformation.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Petiso posted:

Cell has literally no attacks/abilities that haven't been seen before, though? Well, except for the popping miniclones thing, I agree that was weird.

I mean he has the ability to completely incinerate himself and reform himself, so yes he actually does do poo poo no one else does

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He also has the ability to get the upper half of his body completely blown off and get back up like it ain't no thang. An ability which would be exhibited better and with less stupidity than one Majin Buu.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Petiso posted:

I'm talking about this DBM Cell. Popping his own head off, inhaling a smoke monster, growing giant at will (which I know is a Namekian thing but still)..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
The comments section mentioned a third Bojack special starting soon. Why would you go back to Bojack

• Locked thread