Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Soulex posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress is this?

Monkey Dust

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Soulex posted:

Hahaha what the gently caress is this?

Looks like some kind of a documentary

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Munin posted:

No worries.

For francophonic pleasure here's what was posted on reddit

"je m'en bats les couilles" is a much better expression "don’t give a poo poo" not to mention the difference between "démerder" and "deal with"...

The language has been totally watered down in the translation as if delicate sensibilities might be offended.

Well would you mind explaining those differences to us non francophones?

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Der Shovel posted:

Well would you mind explaining those differences to us non francophones?

Well, "je m'en bats les couilles" is generally translated as "don't give a poo poo"; however if you were to translate back "don't give poo poo" you'd generally go for "je m'en fous". It's basically even coarser and literally translated means "I'd beat off my nuts to it". "démerder" translates literally as "de-poo poo", which obviously has a rather different tone. Another random bit would be the "yes, yes, yes" which in the original is more "yeah, yeah, yeah" except that it isn't a proper equivalent in English to the drawly "ouais ouais ouais ouais" in the French.

Basically, nearly the entire conversation is in coarse vernacular and full of colloquialisms but the translation is rendered in pretty proper English. When I read the French my mind automatically fills in the dumb wideboy tone and accent; the original allows you to get all the hesitations and ticks of natural speech which are edited down in the translation.

Reading both, the translation is accurate in substance but not in tone.

vv :D

Munin fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 13, 2015

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Les Piranhas Ils Vont Le Manger Frérot: The Drugs, Rape and Mutiny Megathread

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
The Michu Picchu: Je m'en bats les couilles

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Munin posted:

Reading both, the translation is accurate in substance but not in tone.

vv :D

So does the original French sound better or worse than the translation?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
I thought ouais was basically yeah

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Masonity posted:

He should have gone to Arsenal instead.

I always hated Benzema and I'm glad he's going down for this

Elliptical Dick
Oct 11, 2008

I made the bald man cry
into the turtle stew

blue footed boobie posted:

Worse. He's even scummier in French

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

blue footed boobie posted:

Elliptical Dick posted:

Worse. He's even scummier in French

There is also one bit which I would say is mistranslated which is harsher in French:
" Je lui ai dit, écoute gros, il n'y a pas d'intermédiaire, pas d'avocat, pas d'ami, pas d'agent, pas de police, pas de ce que tu veux."

Which I would translate as: "I told him, listen mate, there are no intermediaries, no lawyers, no friends, no agents, no police, nothing that you'd want."
The other translation renders that as "I said to him, listen, no intermediary, no lawyer, no friend, no agent, no police, [/i]it’s not what you want.[/i]"

The highlighted bit bit reads to me more of a "you'll deal with us in the way we want" way in the French than in the translation. But as I said the translation does get the core of the conversation across well. And bloody hell, if you want to distance yourself from being involved in a blackmail ring having being recorded in a conversation opening like this:
Benzema: Go ahead, I saw the other guy [referring to Valbuena].
Zenati: And, what do you think?
Benzema: Ummm, what do I think, really?
Zenati: Yes.
Benzema: I think he doesn’t take us seriously.
Zenati: No?
Benzema: There you have it.
Zenati: So that means in reality he won’t give anything, no?
Benzema: Yes, yes, yes, he’s not taking us seriously.

I like though how Benzema tries to walk back on his initial assessment across the course of the conversation to reassure his good mate Zenati that Valbuena is indeed scared shitless and has got the message. "Don't judge me mate. I did a good job! Honest!" with Zenati sort of patting him on the back verbally as it goes along until the big bros together schadenfreude bit at the end.

Parity warning posted:

I thought ouais was basically yeah

It's the best translation you can get but in English yeah can also be energetic the pumped up "yeah!". Ouais basically always has this slightly apathetic who gives a poo poo tone.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Yeah yeah

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Benzema is insanely stupid

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

http://www.20minutes.fr/sport/football/1729887-20151113-affaire-sextape-con-quand-vois-tout-ca-lamente-benzema-garde-vue

apparently this moon language poo poo says he's admitted to being a blackmail intermediary, and also trusts the blackmailer while thinking Valbuena is a fag because he's snitched on 'em. Nice

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
A swedish newspaper claims they wanted €150 000 from Valbuena. http://www.totalsportek.com/money/real-madrid-player-salaries/ claims Benzemas salary is £150 000 per week. Just lol.

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive
I hope Valbuena releases the sex tape after this just to spite them

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Jesus loving Christ how thick is Benzema seriously?

If he's convicted, I can't see him getting back into the national team again, even if his prison sentence isn't long enough to put an end to his career.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Der Shovel posted:

Jesus loving Christ how thick is Benzema seriously?

If he's convicted, I can't see him getting back into the national team again, even if his prison sentence isn't long enough to put an end to his career.

as a manager, I wouldn't put him there already. I mean it's one thing to be disliked in the locker room, other players can just ignore you and go about their work. But it's another to be a person unworthy of trust. Imo

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

wenger knew

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Benzema already wasn't on the roster for France's upcoming qualification games because of an injury apparently, and Valbuena's out too because he's upset or something.

Syncopated fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Nov 13, 2015

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

dex_sda posted:

http://www.20minutes.fr/sport/football/1729887-20151113-affaire-sextape-con-quand-vois-tout-ca-lamente-benzema-garde-vue

apparently this moon language poo poo says he's admitted to being a blackmail intermediary, and also trusts the blackmailer while thinking Valbuena is a fag because he's snitched on 'em. Nice
Yeah here's what noted trustworthy source anonymous reddit dude said:

quote:

Here is a brief summary :

Karim Benzema admited while in custody that he was to serve as an intermediary between his friend Karim Zenati, for whom he feels embarrassed, and Mathieu Valbuena in the Sex-tape blackmail, have told sources close to the case to the AFP.

He had first denied any role, but he went back on his word in the third audition while in custody, according to sources.

He said that Karim Zenati is a serious guy, someone he trust completly.

He had no word of compassion toward Valbuena, and asked about calling him « Tarlouze » (human being ?) in a recorded convesation, he says it's because he was mad at Valbuena because the press was talking about Karim Zenati, thinking that Valbuena ratted him out.

lol I hope he never pays again

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

dex_sda posted:

as a manager, I wouldn't put him there already. I mean it's one thing to be disliked in the locker room, other players can just ignore you and go about their work. But it's another to be a person unworthy of trust. Imo

I wouldn't put him in there because he's poo poo.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Big dumb bald head.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

I wouldn't put him in there because he's poo poo.

that's never stopped the french before

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Munin posted:

No worries.

For francophonic pleasure here's what was posted on reddit:

"je m'en bats les couilles" is a much better expression "don’t give a poo poo" not to mention the difference between "démerder" and "deal with"...

The language has been totally watered down in the translation as if delicate sensibilities might be offended.

I love everything about this

quote:

c'est mon ami, c'est mon amigo, mon meilleur ami, c'est comme mon frère.

edit: "Tarlouze" is less strong than human being imo, it basically means "wimp".

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Nov 20, 2015

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
7 arrested on conspiracy to punch eagle

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-34880124

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Kurtofan posted:

edit: "Tarlouze" is less strong than human being imo, it basically means "wimp".

Would you say it's like "cuck"?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

jyrka posted:

Would you say it's like "cuck"?

No that is "cocu" or however it is spelt. Tarlouse is like calling someone a pussy

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

julian assflange posted:

Tarlouse is like calling someone a pussy

yeah, exactly.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
well, you're the expert

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Samir Nasri's name is getting mentioned in connection with all this Valbuena stuff

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/27/manch...france-5529668/

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
The question then is whos pegging who?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

The question then is whos pegging who?

Nasri doesn't look like a bulldyke so my extensive browsing history on brazzers suggests its him.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Just posting to let you guys know that while I care nothing about soccer, you guys still make really funny threads that ALMOST make me wish I could care about this sport.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
did anyone see who the married prem ace who sent dickpics to a schoolgirl was

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

most of them probably

Luke Smith
Aug 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
Pumpkino resend the invite it said I couldn't join

Edit:NM got it

Luke Smith fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Nov 30, 2015

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
that's classic pumpkino

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Booblord Zagats posted:

Just posting to let you guys know that while I care nothing about soccer, you guys still make really funny threads that ALMOST make me wish I could care about this sport.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

chuggo is BACK posted:

that's classic pumpkino