Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

The full extent of Hensley's stuff was twitter poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

There are no words :thumbsup:

I have to wonder what the "defending" part of SA is though, what's that about?

Your Computer has a new favorite as of 18:58 on Nov 27, 2015

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
I think people who are raised on website created in the very end of 90's and early 2000 would not have kids by now old enough to have been raised by websites created in the mid 2000's. Due to the aggressive nature of the picture it seems like a teenager would of created the "rebuttal". Teenagers are often very angsty and aggressive.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Haha yeah I saw that one before, it's still as loving dumb. Is that on the front page? What are the comments like.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Your Computer posted:

Back in the day ebaumsworld stole a bunch of front page stuff and removed the watermarks so goons (and some other sites) lead a DDoS attack on ebaum's world.

If you were like, 13 at the time it was super cool and edgy.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

darkhand posted:

Yeah it's dangerous as poo poo. Thankfully they have put a few people away for doing it.

What? What is going on with this?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Thin Privilege posted:

Kids thinking it's sweet revenge on someone else beating them in Call of Duty by finding out where their opponent lives and calling in a bomb threat, so the police/SWAT show up.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Thin Privilege posted:

To expand on what BJPaskoff said, a handful (I think) of people have been successfully prosecuted. Here's an article you might find interesting: http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/magazine/the-serial-swatter.html?_r=0

quote:

What a lot of the victims remember is a sense of unreality, a feeling like they were watching a movie. K. says she opened the door of her Florida apartment one evening to find a dozen SWAT officers lined up on the stairs with riot shields and black guns pointed at her. She froze and thought of the metal belt buckle she happened to be clutching in her left hand. They’re going to think I have a weapon in my hand. They’re going to shoot me.

quote:

By August 2014, Finley had reached out to the F.B.I.’s Atlanta field office, asking if the bureau could help with a swatting case in which the suspect was a minor. He was told the swatter would have to be ‘‘prolific.’’ Finley asked what that meant. He knew the swatter had made hoax calls to 11 police departments in that one January alone. How many swattings is prolific? No one Finley spoke to at the bureau could say. But Finley kept tracking Obnoxious, kept calling the F.B.I. with updates — he could connect the guy to 20 swatting calls, then 30 calls. When he got past 40 about a month later, he finally found a special agent named Andrew Young. Forty was definitely prolific.

quote:

The Canadian police arrested the suspect on Dec. 5, four days after he tried to swat Hayli. Much of the case against him had been shipped up from Georgia. Prosecutors eventually charged him with 46 counts, including criminal harassment, public mischief and extortion; he pleaded guilty to 23 counts. (His Vancouver lawyer didn’t return phone calls.) He was interviewed at length by a social worker, a psychiatrist and a psychologist, who confirmed that the swatter’s childhood had been tragic, marred by an abusive father and a mentally ill mother. The psychiatric report noted that he had essentially no remorse: ‘‘His description of the pleasure he gets from causing humiliation and harm ... is suggestive of quite significant emerging psychopathic traits.’’ At a court appearance in May, he wore a sweatsuit, ankles shackled together; a local reporter observed him smiling occasionally and flicking his brown hair. In July, a judge sentenced him to 16 months in youth jail, with credit for time served while awaiting trial. He is scheduled to be released in March, at age 18.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Haha yeah I saw that one before, it's still as loving dumb. Is that on the front page? What are the comments like.
Honestly, the comments aren't interesting at all :( It seems like the general consensus is that the image is dumb.

RagnarokAngel posted:

Back in the day ebaumsworld stole a bunch of front page stuff and removed the watermarks so goons (and some other sites) lead a DDoS attack on ebaum's world.

If you were like, 13 at the time it was super cool and edgy.

Oh, that.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

I meant to post this on the different thread "Idiots on Social Media" but I share this using Imgur website so maybe not so wrong thread? I hope you enjoy viewing regardless.

Shayu has a new favorite as of 22:43 on Nov 27, 2015

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Your Computer posted:

Honestly, the comments aren't interesting at all :( It seems like the general consensus is that the image is dumb.

One the one hand I'm sad because that would have made for nice content, on the other thank loving god.

But I've always thought that the voting and commenting populations on imgur have widely different tastes.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

http://imgur.com/gallery/i1vDDQa

They get weirdly self-aware sometimes.

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/i1vDDQa

They get weirdly self-aware sometimes.

Do you think the community is bad enough that the one guy will actually go back to the girl and be like "I have a screenshot, you owe me a face-sitting." I hope he tries to sue her over their weird technically-not-sexual contract. What a goober.

aegeryn
Oct 14, 2006

So someone posts this unpleasant situation yesterday, you'd think the comments would say he should talk to her and communicate like an adult, right? Nah, they're varying degrees of "She's gonna cheat on you and divorce you and take all your money, bro!" with a few heaping helpings of misogyny and plenty of calls for smacking her.

But the saga doesn't end there, oh no. Today, someone posts a screenshot of a comment chain he found particularly amusing.

Over 6000 people agreed, this is the course of action that should be taken. Jesus Christ, these people despise women females.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

aegeryn posted:

So someone posts this unpleasant situation yesterday, you'd think the comments would say he should talk to her and communicate like an adult, right? Nah, they're varying degrees of "She's gonna cheat on you and divorce you and take all your money, bro!" with a few heaping helpings of misogyny and plenty of calls for smacking her.

But the saga doesn't end there, oh no. Today, someone posts a screenshot of a comment chain he found particularly amusing.

Over 6000 people agreed, this is the course of action that should be taken. Jesus Christ, these people despise women females.

"Wow that one day was pretty good." - a truly devastated woman

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Shockingly enough all the lovely comments are mostly hiding somewhere else. Poke around behind this comment and then you can find all the Egalitarian cockroaches scurrying around.

quote:

NotWhatYouPlanted 1,167 points : 53 replies : 10 hours ago reply
As a feminist, I love laughing at these things, but hate that people think the average feminist is represented by idiots similar to this.

quote:

Ibliss via Android3 points : 1 reply : 7 hours ago reply
Probably time to be a egalitarian if you want equal rights

CalifornianLurker 1 point : 1 reply : 4 hours ago reply
Egalitarian and feminism = not mutually exclusive. If you are egalitarian then you support women's rights, meaning you're basically feminist

Ibliss via Android1 point : 4 hours ago reply
No

quote:

HyperactiveTuna via Android144 points : 15 replies : 9 hours ago reply
Tbh I never understood why a phrase that's supposed to mean gender equality is feminine. Why not something more neutral.

BrokeMyFunnyBone 2 points : 1 reply : 5 hours ago reply
Because it's not really about equality. Just like how #blacklivesmatter isn't for anyone other than African Americans

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So this is on-point: http://imgur.com/gallery/d51qW

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I feel like they discovered this thread, read it, and imgurfied it.

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy
I don't recall what this was from but I found this in my screenshot folder

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
Really? Out of all the rappers, they chose Kendrick Lamar?

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Your Computer posted:

There are no words :thumbsup:

No Albinoblacksheep, clearly fake.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Violet_Sky posted:

Normally it's Kanye they point fingers at. And hilariously who the gently caress cares about Kendrick Lamar anymore? He might as well pulled out Mack Miller or Tyler the Creator.

(Please don't tell me his last album was brilliant and stuff, I'm talking about his time as the new hot rapper is over and the attention has moved on)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Violet_Sky posted:

It's because he is the only rapper they know, and as we know all rappers speak directly for 'black' culture. It's like they way that people ITYOOL 2015 are complaining about young 'urban' types with their saggy oversized jeans, when that was a fashion from at least 20 years ago.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

BrigadierSensible posted:

It's because he is the only rapper they know, and as we know all rappers speak directly for 'black' culture. It's like they way that people ITYOOL 2015 are complaining about young 'urban' types with their saggy oversized jeans, when that was a fashion from at least 20 years ago.

If sagging is 20 years ago, why do I still see it all over?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

RFC2324 posted:

I see it on hipsters a lot. It may be a local thing but wearing your pants so your rear end its hanging out, even with skinny jeans, is just how a large segment of the male population wears their pants. The thing is, it looks like you poo poo your pants and a recent poll by a paper asked women what are the biggest fashion turn offs for them from men had it at #3 after fedoras and those Kevin Smith shorts. I don't even see rappers wearing pants that style anymore either. They hang low and loose, but they're certainly not belted on the bottom of the cheeks.

I bet they went with Kendrick Lamar because he's not quite Drake or Kanye, but he's still well known enough that it makes them look like they know something.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

RFC2324 posted:

twistedmentat posted:

I see it on hipsters a lot. It may be a local thing but wearing your pants so your rear end its hanging out, even with skinny jeans, is just how a large segment of the male population wears their pants. The thing is, it looks like you poo poo your pants and a recent poll by a paper asked women what are the biggest fashion turn offs for them from men had it at #3 after fedoras and those Kevin Smith shorts. I don't even see rappers wearing pants that style anymore either. They hang low and loose, but they're certainly not belted on the bottom of the cheeks.

I bet they went with Kendrick Lamar because he's not quite Drake or Kanye, but he's still well known enough that it makes them look like they know something.

Fair enough. I know nothing about fashion, so I assumed it had gone out of style.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Normally it's Kanye they point fingers at. And hilariously who the gently caress cares about Kendrick Lamar anymore? He might as well pulled out Mack Miller or Tyler the Creator.

(Please don't tell me his last album was brilliant and stuff, I'm talking about his time as the new hot rapper is over and the attention has moved on)

uh

lmao

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Mac Miller, known black person

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Imgur seems to be getting more cynical by the day and can immediately call out bullshit

http://imgur.com/gallery/ghrMbDS

Borden
Jul 23, 2008

Mu Zeta posted:

Imgur seems to be getting more cynical by the day and can immediately call out bullshit

My SJW landlord scolded me for 20 minutes about holding the door open for a female tenant, and also being really fit. She raised my rent by 200%, but then she had a stroke because she's fat, and the new land lord was super nice and gave me free rent for two years to apologize.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It does seem like a weird thing for a landlord to do unless they've been there for forever or are close to the guy but it doesn't really seem to cast the OP in any sort of overly positive light. Out of all the SJW shaming brags and similar that's probably the most believable out of any claim I've seen posted on imgur

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Borden posted:

My SJW landlord scolded me for 20 minutes about holding the door open for a female tenant, and also being really fit. She raised my rent by 200%, but then she had a stroke because she's fat, and the new land lord was super nice and gave me free rent for two years to apologize.

Yeah right, a SJW landlord wouldn't allow a man rapist to live in her building.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Aesop Poprock posted:

It does seem like a weird thing for a landlord to do unless they've been there for forever or are close to the guy but it doesn't really seem to cast the OP in any sort of overly positive light. Out of all the SJW shaming brags and similar that's probably the most believable out of any claim I've seen posted on imgur

That's because it was originally a made-up story for imaginary internet points on reddit instead.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
That makes sense. Lol reddit is like the worst forum idea ever in execution

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aesop Poprock posted:

Mac Miller, known black person

I was talking about Rappers that were the big thing then faded from it.

Mu Zeta posted:

It's not even a good story to make up. I guess they felt that keeping things simple would make it more realistic.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

twistedmentat posted:

It's not even a good story to make up. I guess they felt that keeping things simple would make it more realistic.

That's probably why it failed. Imgur will believe the craziest, dumbest, most unrealistic poo poo. They literally ate up a story about a fat woman in a pool yelling at a guy for swimming too fast.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

kazil posted:

That's probably why it failed. Imgur will believe the craziest, dumbest, most unrealistic poo poo. They literally ate up a story about a fat woman in a pool yelling at a guy for swimming too fast.

My belief is that imgur, like facebook, is a moderately young, moderately white, but otherwise accurate cross section of the American public. Like the saddest loving thing in the world is the way that goons can seem reasonable in comparison.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

ikanreed posted:

My belief is that imgur, like facebook, is a moderately young, moderately white, but otherwise accurate cross section of the American public. Like the saddest loving thing in the world is the way that goons can seem reasonable in comparison.

Imgur is way, way more than "moderately" young and white.

I mean, unless you buy those "I'm black and I hate them uppity negroes too!" posts.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

kazil posted:

I think that was because it fell into their desired narrative. This lacks anything about the evils of women, muslims or minorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

http://imgur.com/gallery/mIpQY

Hey guys here's a lot of words about memes.

• Locked thread