Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Pierson posted:

I just realised: You unlock races for all jobs by getting that race to 50 right (i.e. get a Sith up to 50 and you can play as a Sith even on republic side)? So does that mean by making a 60 character using a token you unlock that race by default?

Pretty sure its for completing the main story with that race. I was wondering if using your 60 token with a given race/class would give you there completion bonuses, but I doubt it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
It doesn't, you have to play the story missions as that race from level 1-50. You don't have to finish Act 3, just hit level 50, so it's probably actually faster nowadays to just do a bunch of flashpoints and power straight to 50 with every race, then delete the character.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Aaaah got it.

Still wish they'd release Voss as a playable race. :(

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I've got Jedi Consular marked as complete on the character select screen after using the token on one. So it works for classes, if not races.

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.
How is the difficulty curve of this game? A friend and I started about three days ago, and I'm a bit dismayed that with my companion I'm effectively immortal and 5 levels above the planet cap (Courscant at the moment).

I like the plots I've seen, I'm a bit of a Star Wars fan so I'm enjoying the atmosphere, but the lack of challenge is dragging down the experience.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

Conskill posted:

How is the difficulty curve of this game? A friend and I started about three days ago, and I'm a bit dismayed that with my companion I'm effectively immortal and 5 levels above the planet cap (Courscant at the moment).

I like the plots I've seen, I'm a bit of a Star Wars fan so I'm enjoying the atmosphere, but the lack of challenge is dragging down the experience.

Yeah, the game's got basically no difficulty curve at the moment. Even the endgame is practically easy mode.
It's a good game if you just want to gently caress around and experience Star Wars story, not for any difficult challenges, really.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Stalins Moustache posted:

Yeah, the game's got basically no difficulty curve at the moment. Even the endgame is practically easy mode.
It's a good game if you just want to gently caress around and experience Star Wars story, not for any difficult challenges, really.

Completely disagree with that. The end game raids are extremely challenging and require a good knowledge of your character and tight mechanics.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He means the real endgame, dress-up.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Conskill posted:

Hard Mode flashpoints and operations are quite challenging at the moment but everything else is currently very easy. I don't think there are any class quests or planetary story quests left that present any particular difficulty (and some of them could be quite tough, back in the day).

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Conskill posted:

About a week ago Heroics were reasonably challenging but then they reversed most of the Companion healing nerf and now it's like it never happened. Unless you step into Hard Mode Flashpoints, Operations, or PvP you will not be remotely challenged ever.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I just checked my ship quests and found one for Dread Masters, which appears to be storyline chapter 4. Where does that come, before or after Shadow of Revan?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Pierson posted:

I just checked my ship quests and found one for Dread Masters, which appears to be storyline chapter 4. Where does that come, before or after Shadow of Revan?

Before

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe

Jedi posted:

Can the kingpin bounties be soloed with a companion?

I've just realized why they got so much easier in the last patch: level sync. Now when you summon a Kingpin, you get a Champion boss who is the same level that you're downleveled to depending on what planet you're on, making them a lot less of a challenge than they were before.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Once I use a color crystal I got off the cartel market, is it correct to assume I can summon it from the collections tab anytime I want it again?

I gambled with 10 bucks on crystals and got the purple, red and green colors I wanted :3:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dubious posted:

Once I use a color crystal I got off the cartel market, is it correct to assume I can summon it from the collections tab anytime I want it again?

I gambled with 10 bucks on crystals and got the purple, red and green colors I wanted :3:

Yes, on that character. You have to pay a small cartel coin fee to unlock it to other characters.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Aphrodite posted:

Yes, on that character. You have to pay a small cartel coin fee to unlock it to other characters.

Or you do the smart thing and use a Legacy weapon to transfer them to other characters for free.

I gambled and got the full Sith Recluse set... Torn on whether I want to keep it or sell it since it's going for like 15 million right now. :shepspends:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Only the chest looks nice, so if you're not going to use it on more than one character make that money.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Fuzz posted:

Or you do the smart thing and use a Legacy weapon to transfer them to other characters for free.

I gambled and got the full Sith Recluse set... Torn on whether I want to keep it or sell it since it's going for like 15 million right now. :shepspends:

That's a way to save 60 cartel coins but also a giant pain in the rear end timewaster and if you have a ton of alts it's just easiest to spend the cartel coins. :)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Yeah, whoever was saying the Kingpins are trivial now is right. Much, much easier.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wait, is it bounty week or can you always do Kingpins?

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
It's bounty week. Every fourth week, mostly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Alright, so we have a Probe Droid Requisition in the guild bank for a giveaway. I think we'll do a fund drive - For every 1,000 credits deposited into the TNG guild bank you'll get one entry into the raffle.

We can either use the funds to unlock the current guild ship a bit more so we can add more decorations, or we can use the funds to go toward a Republic side flagship so our alts can take advantage of conquest bonuses along with chilling on the fleet listening for PUG runs. I created a survey.

Click here to voice your opinion

The contest is open as of now. Yes, people who deposit more credits will have a higher chance of winning, but such is life.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Voted for the Pube guild ship. Sprucing up Pube side seems like a solid move, especially since some people might want to play their mains on there and this would be a good way to sort of liven it up and make it more legit.

We already ahve enough rooms and empty space that no one ever sees on the Imp ship, no reason to add more when we only make use of like 20% of the space we have.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

Fun Shoe
I think getting a basic Republic flagship is a good idea and should take priority. That said, I also think it would ultimately be a good idea to open a couple more areas on the Imp ship to get more hooks to decorate the main bridge area that we do see every day.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I voted for the Pubeship because while I definitely consider my SW my main I like my Consular and would enjoy raiding as him :shobon:

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Captain Oblivious posted:

I voted for the Pubeship because while I definitely consider my SW my main I like my Consular and would enjoy raiding as him :shobon:

Same here. I wish we had more of a republic presence, but I completely understand everyone's draw to Imp side. Hopefully, a guild ship will help.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Only if we can actually call it the Pubeship.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Log Mount is officially the best mount - It's the first actual flying mount in the game!

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Alter Ego posted:

Only if we can actually call it the Pubeship.

Okay, we totally need to do this.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Wish there was more goons playing Republic that I could do flashpoints with!

Also, is there anything I can buy off the market I can sell for credits? Do I..even need credits to enjoy the game? I have my purple lightsaber, I'm hacking up fools, and enjoying the story. I probably don't need credits, do I?

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Dubious posted:

Wish there was more goons playing Republic that I could do flashpoints with!

Also, is there anything I can buy off the market I can sell for credits? Do I..even need credits to enjoy the game? I have my purple lightsaber, I'm hacking up fools, and enjoying the story. I probably don't need credits, do I?

Credits are really superfluous beyond repairs. Just about all they're used for these days is playing pretty princess dress up.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Considering the earlier discussion about unlocking races for all classes, I'm a bit surprised that Bioware didn't do any extra dialogs to cover unusual race/class mixes like how any Chiss has special dialog on Hoth. I've got a couple Sith Pureblood Smugglers that to have them able to bluff themselves as Sith Lords in certain situations would be amazing.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can someone explain to me how the collections work? How do I get armor sets to appear in the collections window? Just buy them? And then I can wear them on any character?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Verranicus posted:

Can someone explain to me how the collections work? How do I get armor sets to appear in the collections window? Just buy them? And then I can wear them on any character?

Equip all items of an armor set (you'll see what's in a set when you mouse over a piece) on one character. You'll then get a notification that you've unlocked a set when all the pieces are equiped. Then go in collection and find that armor and pay cartel coins (60-240cc depending on the armor) and it'll then be available to "summon" all pieces on any character at any time. Those summoned pieces are BoP.

DrunkenGarbageCan
Nov 4, 2009

M_Sinistrari posted:

Considering the earlier discussion about unlocking races for all classes, I'm a bit surprised that Bioware didn't do any extra dialogs to cover unusual race/class mixes like how any Chiss has special dialog on Hoth. I've got a couple Sith Pureblood Smugglers that to have them able to bluff themselves as Sith Lords in certain situations would be amazing.

The ability to roll Empire races as Pub and vice versa came nearly six months after release so I imagine it's a case of quite a bit of work for very little payoff.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

The ability to roll Empire races as Pub and vice versa came nearly six months after release so I imagine it's a case of quite a bit of work for very little payoff.

I seem to recall it being part of the original design, tho it may not have been implemented immediately(I do seem to remember getting pureblood sith on republic pretty early tho. Never have really used it)

edit: \/\/\/ Much like many other EA products, SWTOR was rushed to launch.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

DrunkenGarbageCan posted:

True. Legacy, much like group finder, was inexplicably not present at launch.

nonentity
Dec 19, 2005

If I were small & bird shaped, I could fly.

Medullah posted:

Log Mount is officially the best mount - It's the first actual flying mount in the game!

Praise the log.

It is the gift that keeps on giving.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Geniasis posted:

True. Legacy, much like group finder, was inexplicably not present at launch.

Group Finder was something they were completely against for awhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conskill
May 7, 2007

I got an 'F' in Geometry.

M_Sinistrari posted:

I see it in little places (granted, I've only been in little places so it may change completely soon). Like, in the Sith Inquistor prologue the mission to detect the blood purity of the Sith overlords is slightly different if you're a Trueborn Sith. I was happy with that, albeit it's just minor dialogue changes and not a different mission or anything.

• Locked thread