Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

At least kola-olli had the courtesy to entertain us while he did his neighbourhood kids photoshoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ligur posted:

Bwahahaha, sure, yeah, think for a second, how many local guys you know rape everyone and think it's ok? I don't think that many. I know it's a popular "thing" to say that Finnish men actually rape every woman they meet all the time (if not beating children to death) but if you ever step out of the door you will soon find out it isn't so.

I'm sorry, but you're a racist and a misogynist. Grow up already.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

No poo poo, you'd think this was a rape-free country before this month.

It's pretty funny because I know that in early next year max there is going to be a whole new reason to hate foreigners and nobody is going to give a poo poo about this anymore, just like nobody gives a poo poo about if regular homegrown Finns commit rape. Ahh media.

Personally if we just instantly deport people who are guilty of crime that sound pretty weird to me. Come to Finland, rape a person, get home to wherever you came from, possibly to rape more people? Then again considering Finnish sentences for sexual violence that might not be a huge difference.

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

kikkelivelho posted:

At least kola-olli had the courtesy to entertain us while he did his neighbourhood kids photoshoot

Oh man I haven't seen kola-olli since summer

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Referring to a statistic no one can prove as factual is pretty dumb, hth

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rappaport posted:

I'm sorry, but you're a racist and a misogynist. Grow up already.

Wait.

You think that because certain immigrant groups, factually, in real life, actually proven, rape children and women 13-17 times more often than locals, that it is my fault and that I am a racist and a "misogynist"?

That misogynist part was perhaps the most hilarious.

edit: IIRC I read from RASMUS network or somewhere that Finnish guys rape every teenager in sight all the time, but the gub'mint just covers it up because rape-culture or something so it's ok if "asylum seekers" from Africa or the Middle-Eest come here and rape some more: it's what we do all the time anyway.

Also Marja Vuento from the Helsinki rape-rape police has come out quite often to say that women do not, actually, report immigrants as rapists more than locals. That is just a magic story whipped up by Rappaport's and Nenone's who wish to defeat reality because it hurts their brains. But there is no actual proof of anything such, Vuento said women are less likely to report bush/unknown rapists especially if they are foreigners.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Nov 27, 2015

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Double Bill posted:

Referring to a statistic no one can prove as factual is pretty dumb, hth

You don't think it is a fact that most sexual assaults don't get reported? I thought it was pretty common knowledge, it's one of the reasons why Sweden is so weirdly high in rape statistics - they are more efficient in reporting said crimes. You can't exactly prove that less rape happens per capita in Sweden then in India but I don't think that's in question.

Here is the amnesty report cited there anyway, along with interesting observations about sexual assault in Finland that I didn't realize (like how the victim can decide if it is persecuted or not):
https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/ACT77/001/2010/en/

Also LOL these examples:

quote:

A district court in Finland ruled in the case of a man in his thirties who forced a woman to have
sexual intercourse in the disabled toilets of a restaurant by banging her head against the wall and
twisting her arm behind her back. She could not scream for help as the man had covered her mouth
with his hand. In the prosecutor’s opinion, this was not a rape as the violence used was of a slight
degree and the offence had been committed under mitigating circumstances. The man was
convicted of coercion into sexual intercourse and sentenced to a conditional (suspended) sevenmonth
prison term.

On a ferry from Finland to Sweden, a man took a drunk woman to his cabin and had intercourse with
her. She woke up during intercourse, started to scream for help and tried to push the man away. Her
female friend heard her screams and entered the cabin to help her out. The court considered that the
woman’s testimony of being drunk and suffering memory loss was credible. It was supported by the
female friend’s testimony of the amount of alcohol drunk, the ferry guard’s report of the woman
bumping into tables and doors and the consequent injuries. According to the court, the man’s
testimony of meeting her at the restaurant, dancing and having consensual intercourse was not
credible and was also partly self-contradictory. The man was convicted of sexual abuse and sentenced
to eight months’ conditional imprisonment. If the crime had happened on a ferry that sailed under the
Swedish flag, the crime would have been identified as a rape.

A 17-year-old boy admitted having intercourse with his 16-year-old classmate after a house party. The
girl was sleeping as she had passed out due to drinking alcohol. The boy was sentenced to pay 40 day
fines, that is the offence was estimated to be approximately as bad as speeding.

Oh Finland.

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Nov 27, 2015

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
muusikon raiskaamisesta saa pienemmän tuomion kuin sen tekemän musiikin kopioimisesta ja levittämisestä

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I have to really figure this out, but I probably have to put someone on a torture bench to make them explain the reasoning.

Person #1: Certain immigrant groups commit sexual assault very often, compared to other groups. There are official statics: it simply is so. No way around it.
Person #2: You are a racist.
Person #1: How so? I do not care about the colour of your skin, or anyone else for that matter, what the gently caress.
Person#2: You are a misogynist, then!

Like, what the gently caress? What is the rationale of person #2.

Anyone?

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot
Wait why is suvaitsevaisto suddenly digging up all the rapes done by natives.

Do we need to keep some kind of balance of rapes between refugees and us or otherwise rape would be BAAAD?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ligur posted:

Wait.

You think that because certain immigrant groups, factually, in real life, actually proven, rape children and women 13-17 times more often than locals, that it is my fault and that I am a racist and a "misogynist"?

:eng99: The picture was supposed to be a hint.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

You can tell these incidents are serious business since the government had to arrange an emergency meeting because of them. Sipilä wouldn't take such a break from his nation building endeavors unless it was absolutely necessary

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

doxxed again

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Rappaport posted:

:eng99: The picture was supposed to be a hint.

gently caress, there was no picture at first since I was on mobile which is slow :eng99:

Also shut up racists, hahaha ne vie sun naiset vittu turpa kii oot vaan ennakkoluulonen. Ja työtön. Ja tyhmä.

Etkä oo lukenu kirjoja.

Ja mitään ei voi asialle tehdä koska kansainvälinen laki.

konna
Aug 1, 2005

quote:

– Huolimatta siitä, että rikollisuustilastoissa eri etnisiä ryhmiä edustavien osuus on suuri, se ei kerro siitä, mitä naisuhritutkimukset kertovat. Tiedämme tutkimusten perusteella hyvin sen, että suurin osa seksuaalisesta väkivallasta, jota Suomessa asuvat naiset joutuvat kokemaan on niin sanotusti kotiperäistä, eli tekijöinä ovat suomalaiset miehet ja pojat.
[...]
– On paljon helpompaa kertoa siitä, jos raiskaaja on tuntematon ihminen, jonka status on sellainen, että hänet on helpompi ilmiantaa. Poliisi saattaa myös suhtautua rikokseen eri tavalla, kuin jos menet kertomaan, että olet omassa parisuhteessasi kokenut väkivaltaa

This researcher assumes that immigrants or non ethnic finns don't rape in parisuhde or relatives. Without contrary evidence it would be fair to assume that all ethnicities are equally nasty in parisuhde and unreported rapes would be atleast even. The power of magical thinking.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

You don't think it is a fact that most sexual assaults don't get reported? I thought it was pretty common knowledge, it's one of the reasons why Sweden is so weirdly high in rape statistics - they are more efficient in reporting said crimes. You can't exactly prove that less rape happens per capita in Sweden then in India but I don't think that's in question.

I'm not saying unreported rapes don't happen, just that the 10% figure was pulled out of an rear end.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Double Bill posted:

I'm not saying unreported rapes don't happen, just that the 10% figure was pulled out of an rear end.

Oh yeah, my bad.

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

Yeah, that part is wrong.

You don't actually hate women, but you don't actually care about those women either.

What you do care about is brown cock.

Ergo, you're not misogynist, you are a latent homosexual.

but for real, why do only care about muslim rapes? shouldn't you care about all rapes? unless you are, you know, m-word and r-word

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Fish of hemp posted:

m-word and r-word

Massiivinen runkkari?

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Jerry Cotton posted:

Massiivinen runkkari?

I'm going to answer for him and say "yes"

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you

hillo posted:

Wait why is suvaitsevaisto suddenly digging up all the rapes done by natives.

Do we need to keep some kind of balance of rapes between refugees and us or otherwise rape would be BAAAD?

I suppose it's the absurd idea that you should hate people for raping, not for their brown cocks

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fish of hemp posted:

but for real, why do only care about muslim rapes? shouldn't you care about all rapes? unless you are, you know, m-word and r-word

How on earth did you end up on this conclusion?

I am definitely not a fan of Itä-Suomen oikeuspäätös where rapists get ehdonalainen, a slap on the wrist. For ruining the life another person for a long time if not forever. Rapists should be shot in the face with a rifle, no matter where they come from. If you knew any of those people (I am sure you don't) you would know ehdonalainen is something people laugh at, true for any criminal.

Also you might be not aware of this, but raping is not actually a crime Afghanistan or Somalia (and several other countries) unless several guys from your tribe or clan witness it. How do you think dudes will behave here? These guys don't even know they are committing a crime. And they sure as hell don't give a poo poo when vastaanottokeskustäti tells them "here we behave like this".

edit:

You still owe me a beer

Fish of hemp
Apr 1, 2011

A friendly little mouse!

Ligur posted:

How on earth did you end up on this conclusion?

Well, I haven't seen you ranting about non-muslim rapes for several pages, for instance.

And you defended Timo "hevosen kyrpä" Hännikäinen, who harassed rape crisis center.

I only judge people by their actions.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
I love this "we have to tell them that rape is not OK here" kukkahattutäti bs or the "EVERYONE RAPES WHERE THEY COME FROM THEY DON'T EVEN KNOW ITS WRONG" hysteric bs. Pretty sure the guys who come here and rape people won't give a poo poo one way or other and pretty sure 99.99% haven't raped anybody here and aren't planning to regardless of the laws OR their culture and it has been like that that forever. Pretty sure Finnish people still rape people despite having grown up here too.

The idea of some future rapist going "Oh! Oh I just did not realize it wasn't OK! Well I won't assault a screaming woman and drag her to the bushes to horrifically violate her if it is against the law." Or not understanding rape is morally wrong :lol:

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Nov 27, 2015

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
If Syrian, Iraqi or Afgan culture and laws actually are as terrible as they are being represented as, which is a big if, valistus would be important. However most criminals be they Finns or not know they are breaking the law and do it anyway. Valistus doesn't help with that.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Fish of hemp posted:

Well, I haven't seen you ranting about non-muslim rapes for several pages, for instance.

So yo think I've been ranting about rapes for several pages or what?

Don't quote the posts, for goddsake like Crawler or BGH but just link to them. I forgot my own rants. Just show where I rant about rapes at all.

doverhog posted:

If Syrian, Iraqi or Afgan culture and laws actually are as terrible as they are being represented as, which is a big if, valistus would be important. However most criminals be they Finns or not know they are breaking the law and do it anyway. Valistus doesn't help with that.

Syria and Afghanistan are, like, quite different. But yes they are tribal and various ethnic and religious groups slaughter each other all day every day. Read up on it. Most D&D readers have not.

editus:

Fish of hemp posted:

And you defended Timo "hevosen kyrpä" Hännikäinen, who harassed rape crisis center.

I only judge people by their actions.

jesus loving christ, you judge people on the basis of what you assume they say, as for "Hevosen Kyrpä" he hosed up up for sure but it needs a special type of loonie to think this guy would go about molesting women in real life

Ligur fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 27, 2015

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

doverhog posted:

There's actually good results from the whole valistus thing in Finnish criminal history. Take drunk driving for example, it has been reduced a shitload by having education campaigns teaching people that it is in fact bad. Much like with rape, the actual chance of getting caught while driving drunk is fairly minimal. With those sort of crimes, you gotta change people's attitudes towards them.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

doverhog posted:

They're terrible cultures and have terrible laws but people don't rape people in broad daylight in the middle of street. They still know it's wrong and illegal and they will face consequences, worse ones in their home countries if they get sentenced (death penalty in some countries). You don't curb rape by cultural education, you might curb more of the lovely usual treatment of women but since that is mostly legal under Finnish law and our religious shits do the same legal things, it isn't going to matter much.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I hate the word but "suvakkis'" (also those in this thread) assume that people from Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. are social democrats who value individual liberties, equal and LGBT rights. This couldn't be further from the truth, unfortunately.

But if you tell this to them they will call you a "racist" and then applaud themselves since they figure they won some sort of an argument. Kyllä nämä kaverit on monisaajia ja kultamunia. Me tienataan täällä. Ahahahaha.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Kemper Boyd posted:

There's actually good results from the whole valistus thing in Finnish criminal history. Take drunk driving for example, it has been reduced a shitload by having education campaigns teaching people that it is in fact bad. Much like with rape, the actual chance of getting caught while driving drunk is fairly minimal. With those sort of crimes, you gotta change people's attitudes towards them.

Right, so if there really is a problem with the refugees not knowing rape is bad and wrong, then valistus can help. Not convinced that's the case.

Ligur posted:

I hate the word but "suvakkis'" (also those in this thread) assume that people from Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. are social democrats who value individual liberties, equal and LGBT rights. This couldn't be further from the truth, unfortunately.

Who in in the thread assumes that?

Valiantman
Jun 25, 2011

Ways to circumvent the Compact #6: Find a dreaming god and affect his dreams so that they become reality. Hey, it's not like it's you who's affecting the world. Blame the other guy for irresponsibly falling asleep.

Ligur posted:

I hate the word but "suvakkis'" (also those in this thread) assume that people from Somalia, Iraq, Afghanistan etc. are social democrats who value individual liberties, equal and LGBT rights.

Besides in your mind, where are these people? You've been laughing at them and fighting their dumb assumptions forever but I've yet to see or meet one. Would you have any examples?

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
You know the parts of Finnish culture and law I especially love? The parts where we don't discriminate people based on their faith, race or gender and treat them as individuals under the law, responsible for their own actions and not some arbitrary group that determines them according to someone else. It's really hilarious watching some people be angry at this basic tenet of our legal system and moral understanding, like they are about to change it at any moment. Before it was that they are going to change it at any moment if they vote Persus enough but wow, that's past huh?

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
imo we should bring back the anti popery laws

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Few (multiple dozen) percentage points here or there who cares!
http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/a1448606137482

Geriatric Pirate
Apr 25, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
I don't give a poo poo about rape but can someone please valaistaa these immigrants how to not sit at the Burger King at the train station all day without ordering anything? I want to sit on the comfortable seats, what's wrong with the benches in Somalia?

Jyppe
Jun 13, 2007
For the Fireman!
Remember that literally nazi party called True Hitlers?

I thought they had already kääntäneet takkia on every possible thing, but guess not.

What the heck is Soini's end game, an EU job with Jykä?

Golden Gate Bride
Oct 23, 2008
knife to meet you
Hmm, I'm starting think politicians are not to be trusted.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

doverhog posted:

Right, so if there really is a problem with the refugees not knowing rape is bad and wrong, then valistus can help. Not convinced that's the case.

I was more talking about the population at large.

Like I've not read that much about the subject, but there's apparently some fairly clear indications that a major factor in why men commit rape is that they don't see what they do as rape. For instance, a dude who'd never hide in the bushes along a jogging path could well see it as more or less ok to get someone so drunk that they won't resist or gently caress someone who has passed out. Or rape when someone changes their mind before sex was supposed to happen or whatever.

And these attitudes can be changed, and they have already changed. Remember, there was no such thing as rape in marriage in Finland before 1994, but now most people have changed their attitudes towards that.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Ligur posted:

Bwahahaha, sure, yeah, think for a second, how many local guys you know rape everyone and think it's ok? I don't think that many. I know it's a popular "thing" to say that Finnish men actually rape every woman they meet all the time (if not beating children to death) but if you ever step out of the door you will soon find out it isn't so.

While immigrants may be over-represented in sexual crime statistics, these news made by garbage tabloid journalists pretending to be statisticians are just misleading. They always pick two percentages, (sexual) crime done by immigrants and % of immigrants in the country. Well no poo poo they will show up over-represented in this statistic when you compare a population group very skewed towards ages 15-30 (protip: most crime happens here) vs Finns with a more balanced population pyramid that includes a way bigger proportion of old farts that are much, much less likely to commit crime of any sort let alone rape somebody.

Standardize your crime statistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

DarkCrawler posted:

Few (multiple dozen) percentage points here or there who cares!
http://www.hs.fi/politiikka/a1448606137482

It's been said time and time again: But Stubb is not to be trusted on anything he says.

EDIT: I mean seriously, he's pulled out so much poo poo out of his rear end, I think he has the cleanest intestines in politics.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 27, 2015