Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

mafoose posted:

I'm seriously considering buying a desktop CNC lathe to machine custom sockets for my harness plug on the e24.

I waited 3 weeks for the parts and all the sockets were wrong. I just want to drive the drat car!
There's basically 12 wires preventing me from driving it...

https://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/tls/5299000609.html

corn in the fridge posted:

Im not saying the other guy wasnt in the wrong but how could he be 100% at fault if STR could have done something to avoid it? If you watch the video again you'll see that strs first reaction is to hit the horn rather than the brakes. The fact that he hits the lexus from behind proves that he was traveling faster than the lexus (which doesnt apply its own brakes until after its been hit). I think he hit him deliberately.

The other driver is 100% at fault because if he had stayed in his lane instead of illegally turning into STR's lane, the accident would not have happened. STR's reaction was as fast as most peoples would have been, if not faster, and the other driver aggressively moved into his lane, rather than making a relatively sedate lane change like most people do. Who gives a poo poo who was traveling faster, it's completely irrelevant to fault here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Seat Safety Switch posted:

America demands blood and Black Friday delivers.

I avoid it at all costs. Who the gently caress is going to camp out for a TV you can get for the same price on Amazon with free shipping. Idiots, that's who.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

Is this you? Because I've emailed them twice!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

mafoose posted:

Is this you? Because I've emailed them twice!

No. I've been keeping a fairly regular watch for a Sherline mill. I have a Sherline lathe (the long bed one) already and want to get the mill, but I don't need or want the CNC part, and since I already have the lathe, there is no way I'm paying $1500 for that set. It's a fantastic price for the pair of them though.

mafoose
Oct 30, 2006

volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and vulvas and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dongs and volvos and dons and volvos and dogs and volvos and cats and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs and volvos and dogs

The Locator posted:

No. I've been keeping a fairly regular watch for a Sherline mill. I have a Sherline lathe (the long bed one) already and want to get the mill, but I don't need or want the CNC part, and since I already have the lathe, there is no way I'm paying $1500 for that set. It's a fantastic price for the pair of them though.

Yea it is. I have a servo driven CNC Sherline 2000 mill but the lathe and 4th axis is worth his price. If he ever gets back to me and you want to split up the set let me know.

I can also remove the CNC bits on my mill if you want one with the column that rotates in both directions.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Fart Pipe posted:

Ive really been lettin' them fly

I dropped one so bad last night that the GF's dog coughed, yelped, and gave me a disapproving stare.

literally a fish posted:

You've gotten better support from us because those of us who actually know things about computers don't post in the tech support forums, as they're full of morons asking dumb questions, i'd reckon :v:

Hmm. The BIOS being for the SSC is likely be the problem, as they use different board designs and power regulation. You could try sending an email to EVGA support begging for help/a copy of the correct BIOS (make sure to include your card's part number as written on the back) - they've been super nice to me in the past.

Another option is to buy another with the same part number from somewhere with a liberal returns policy, read the BIOS off it and load that BIOS into your card, then return the 2nd card. But that's a last-ditch thing, of course.
Or to post in a tech support forum asking someone with a card that has the same part number to send you a copy of their BIOS.

Fake edit: just checked, yeah, the SSC and FTW have more power input phases which would definitely explain why it's sticking to the base clock and not clocking up, your VBIOS thinks it's for another card. It's kind of surprising that it boots at all...

Personally I'd take this as an excuse to upgrade to a better card :v:

If you do this, make sure to send them the serial number of the card, the part number of the GPU, and preferably the stepping info of the GPU as well.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

gently caress. gently caress. gently caress.

I just blew out my back again. Bending over to pick up clothes off the floor. So much pain. Oh my God.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Lol wtf how did you not see that coming and hit the brakes in time? Looks like you hit him deliberately tbh

To Be Honest this is a bullshit post. I'd like to see you react any faster.

CharlesM posted:

Quorn products are actually made from mostly mushroom protein and not corn.

They burn pretty good for my hosed up guts though.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

The Locator posted:

The other driver is 100% at fault because if he had stayed in his lane instead of illegally turning into STR's lane, the accident would not have happened. STR's reaction was as fast as most peoples would have been, if not faster, and the other driver aggressively moved into his lane, rather than making a relatively sedate lane change like most people do. Who gives a poo poo who was traveling faster, it's completely irrelevant to fault here.

If you read my post you'll find that im not arguing that the lexus driver isnt legally at fault but I still maintain that STR could have avoided the collision. First of all he's hanging out in the lexus' blind spot which is silly to do and not anticipate the lane change, second the lane change is pretty clearly telegraphed and finally i find it really odd that STR seems to make no effort to slow or stop his car until the impact. But then again this isn't the first time he's shown irrational behaviour in response to a perceived slight from another driver

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.
Why does everyone keep feeding the troll?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Because it's funny and STR was probably buzzed anyway.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

Why does everyone keep feeding the troll?

Im not a troll

Crab Ran
Mar 6, 2006

Don't try me.

I may not post much but I've read a LOT of AI.

And you, sir, live under a bridge.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CharlesM posted:

Quorn products are actually made from mostly mushroom protein and not corn.
It's actually named after a village about 10 miles north of here.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Oh my God my car seat feels so good on my back right now. Currently posting from my drivewat. Might just sleep in here tonight or on the floor of my bedroom.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

rear end in a top hat casserole posted:

I may not post much but I've read a LOT of AI.

And you, sir, live under a bridge.

How do you figure? I'm honestly curious what makes you think im a troll

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

You're not wrong Walter, you're just an rear end in a top hat.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Lol. Everyone in this forum besides you knows you're a troll.

Own it and roll with it I guess.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Thanksgiving sucked this year. My parents almost set the house on fire. Then my family was awkward and quiet the whole time. But in better news my oldest son got to ride in my 93 camry last night and fell in love with the center armrest. He told me it was the awesomest car he's ever been in. Now both boys approve of the camry and it can never leave.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

"Hello," he lied.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

You're the biggest troll. I thought you knew this. Don't you ever wonder why people are always arguing in threads around the time you post in them?

Not a negative, but you've got to own it.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

If you read my post you'll find that im not arguing that the lexus driver isnt legally at fault but I still maintain that STR could have avoided the collision. First of all he's hanging out in the lexus' blind spot which is silly to do and not anticipate the lane change, second the lane change is pretty clearly telegraphed and finally i find it really odd that STR seems to make no effort to slow or stop his car until the impact. But then again this isn't the first time he's shown irrational behaviour in response to a perceived slight from another driver

I still maintain that I can do a lot of things.

Geirskogul posted:

You're the biggest troll. I thought you knew this. Don't you ever wonder why people are always arguing in threads around the time you post in them?

Not a negative, but you've got to own it.

meatpimp did nothing wrong.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

InitialDave posted:

It's actually named after a village about 10 miles north of here.

Yeah. To be more correct it's made of fungus, not of mushroom. And it's not necessarily vegan. A lot of their products use egg although I think they've started a vegan product line. Anyway...

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Man, I've had that corny clown on ignore for a while now, but you jerks keep quoting him so I have to see the stupidity anyway. :argh:

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
He simply facilitates the latent idiocy in the forum coming forth. He doesn't have a very hard job.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

I am having way too much fun for a 34 year old man. Kids are loving it too.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I'll never understand spider behavior. What made it think climbing out of its hiding place in the bowels of my dashboard and on to my hand was a good idea?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

If you watch the video, you'll see me slow down a bit before hitting the horn, then slam on the brakes right before the impact (nose of my car dives, back end of the car steps out to the side a little bit since I was still turning when I locked up the brakes). Most people realize "oh poo poo, there's a car next to me" when they hear a horn and react accordingly.

But hey, keep on trolling.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Great Beer posted:

I'll never understand spider behavior. What made it think climbing out of its hiding place in the bowels of my dashboard and on to my hand was a good idea?

He just wanted to say hi. It's what bros do.

I've spent the evening playing the new Transformers game by Platinum Games, it's pretty fun and looks just like the old cartoons. Slowly getting the hang of the fighting system and have put Devastator and Megatron in their places so far...

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Nov 27, 2015

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I refuse to believe that the rear end of a Saturn has ever "stepped out" under any condition. :colbert:

SUSE Creamcheese
Apr 11, 2007

Geoj posted:

"Hello," he lied.

:five:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Ether Frenzy posted:

I refuse to believe that the rear end of a Saturn has ever "stepped out" under any condition. :colbert:

I'm sure there's a video of the rear wheels falling off of one somewhere.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

some texas redneck posted:

He has Geico. :sigh: So it's going to be a pain in the rear end. And I don't have accident forgiveness on my policy, if for some hosed up reason insurance decides I was partially at fault.

Click if you want to see a fender bender.

I dropped my bike many years ago due to a guy changing lanes 2 feet in front of me while simultaneously slowing down. Front tire barked his rear bumper and down I went. He was all apologies at the time. I made the mistake of not waiting for a cop to show up (I did not have a MC endorsement at the time), but I did get phone numbers of witnesses. He later claimed that I was following too closely (well, yeah, not that I could avoid it...) and my witnesses had conflicting stories, so his insurance told me to get hosed. I got to pay for a sprained wrist all by myself. I would have killed to have a dash (helmet) cam then. I really need to get a dash cam for the car now, even though I don't drive a whole lot.

Posting from work, where this is just SO MUCH for a workstation janitor to do when no one else is here...
Eh, catching up on the forums and watching YouTube. Had a Smashburger for lunch (burp.)

Oh, and the website for the luxury retailer I work at went down for hours.
Looks like someone forgot to do load tests this year.

I want that. Wish I had $1500 (and it was somewhat near me.)

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

some texas redneck posted:

If you watch the video, you'll see me slow down a bit before hitting the horn, then slam on the brakes right before the impact (nose of my car dives, back end of the car steps out to the side a little bit since I was still turning when I locked up the brakes). Most people realize "oh poo poo, there's a car next to me" when they hear a horn and react accordingly.

But hey, keep on trolling.

Okay, I'll bite. I don't see evidence of what you're saying in the video. It looks to me like the rear end steps out because of the impact. You put yourself in a bad situation, and relying on somebody to react predictably when you blast your horn at them? Seriously? Especially when you've been in their blind spot the whole time and have no idea where you are, thats really naive.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Okay, I'll bite. I don't see evidence of what you're saying in the video. It looks to me like the rear end steps out because of the impact. You put yourself in a bad situation, and relying on somebody to react predictably when you blast your horn at them? Seriously? Especially when you've been in their blind spot the whole time and have no idea where you are, thats really naive.

Not whiteknighting STR, but...

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I'm watching SG-1, and I'd forgotten that Sam Carter drove a Volvo P1800.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

88h88 posted:

I've spent the evening playing the new Transformers game by Platinum Games, it's pretty fun and looks just like the old cartoons. Slowly getting the hang of the fighting system and have put Devastator and Megatron in their places so far...

Oh, that looks like fun, and they got a several of the original voice actors, too!

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I did a thing...

Fit better than expected. Can move the 928 back and over another 6 inches if I feel like it to make a wider walk way. 320i can be driven in and out pretty easy too which will be nice. Motard and toolbox between the E21 and E30 for now, may move them or leave it as is.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Geirskogul posted:

Not whiteknighting STR, but...

Its cool to me that I try to point out the things I see and discuss and argue them in good faith yet everyone thinks I am a troll and gives me bullshit one-liners, who are the real trolls here I wonder

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

mafoose posted:

Yea it is. I have a servo driven CNC Sherline 2000 mill but the lathe and 4th axis is worth his price. If he ever gets back to me and you want to split up the set let me know.

I can also remove the CNC bits on my mill if you want one with the column that rotates in both directions.

If he ever responds, shoot me a PM and we might be able to work something out on one of the mills.

• Locked thread