Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Who What Now posted:

Great, I can't wait for every single "responsible gun owner" harping on how it wasn't an AK it was actually a RK 67 or some poo poo and the politicians and media are loving idiots how can they be trusted to make gun laws when they don't know literally every single bit of gun minutia?!

If this guy is somehow killing hordes of people with a motorcycle, then clearly it is his fault and not that of the bike. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

As a resident of Denver, let me chime in with the usual "fire Colorado Springs into the sun" sentiments.

Every time I go down to visit the handful of decent people I know there, the town gets shittier and shittier. No municipal garbage collection, most of the streetlights are intentionally left off at night, and now apparently when it snows most of the roads only get one or two lanes plowed, if any at all.

All of this plus the overwhelming conservative Evangelical-ness of the city makes it probably The Worst Place in Colorado.

BanjoFish
Nov 24, 2007

Who What Now posted:

Great, I can't wait for every single "responsible gun owner" harping on how it wasn't an AK it was actually a RK 67 or some poo poo and the politicians and media are loving idiots how can they be trusted to make gun laws when they don't know literally every single bit of gun minutia?!

Alien Arcana
Feb 14, 2012

You're related to soup, Admiral.

Scare quotes around "mass shooter." :bang:

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Isn't Colorado Springs the libertarian paradise everyone wanted?

http://goddoesnt.blogspot.com/2012/07/why-lessons-of-colorado-springs-wont-be.html

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Isn't Colorado Springs the libertarian paradise everyone wanted?

http://goddoesnt.blogspot.com/2012/07/why-lessons-of-colorado-springs-wont-be.html

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Thump! posted:

If this guy is somehow killing hordes of people with a motorcycle, then clearly it is his fault and not that of the bike. :colbert:

I meant the RK 62 :doh:

Whelp, looks like I can now never ever hold an opinion about guns ever again.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

AND THE TRUE CITIZENS WOULD HAVE SOLVED THIS ISSUE ALREADY IF THE FACIST STATISTS WOULD HAVE LET REAL AMERICANS HELP KILL THAT AARHEKRAJEKNASGNASDJLKSDJFLIBERALS!!!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Alien Arcana posted:

Scare quotes around "mass shooter." :bang:

Who was it in D&D that lamented how every shooting that occurred near a school was automatically labeled a "mass" shooting, even if only two or three kids died?

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

Hollismason posted:

I'm honestly surprised one of these open carry persons hasn't been shot already.

There was that one where a guy came to the rescue and shot the victim by accident and then fled a few weeks ago, IIRC. Made sure to pick up his shells first though, like the pro that he was.

And home of Joel Osteen or whatever his name is, the big prosperity superchurch guy.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
gently caress this guy. Not for what he did but for the nonexistent response.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Epic High Five posted:

Reminder that the tea party cop killers came from the Bundy ranch standoff, killed two cops, and draped the tea party flag over the bodies and the far right still wasn't blamed

This

They were also raving about a revolution as they ran around

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

gently caress this guy. Not for what he did but for the nonexistent response.
Why not both?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
What's truly surprising is that the number of threats and attacks on abortion clinics dropped off in the mid-90s and managed to remain (relatively) low since, even before the partial birth abortion ban of 2003.

Hopefully this doesn't signal a resurgence of the violence against clinics from the early 90s.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Unfortunately a safe room is only really safe if

a) everybody makes it in or
b) you're willing to accept that the people who don't are doomed once the hostage taker finds out where the safe room is and starts shooting people until they open up

Intel&Sebastian posted:

This

They were also raving about a revolution as they ran around

I wish I could still drink

MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON EVERYBODY

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Bear in mind that ~%20 of the employment in that county is from the Federal governement (via military).

God I loving hate Ayn Rand loving conservatives.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Ted Cruz could shoot Hillary dead on the street and it'd be reported as a lone wolf shooter of unknown ideology who no one in RWM had ever heard of.

badatom
Dec 10, 2011
I don't understand why everyone's getting all worked up about this. "Stuff happens", remember?

hallebarrysoetoro
Jun 14, 2003

badatom posted:

I don't understand why everyone's getting all worked up about this. "Stuff happens", remember?

30k people dying per year to gun suicides, murders and accidents is just the price we pay to have a government that isn't tyrannical.

OK time to go post on Facebook about how Obama is the anti-christ and is enslaving white people

*kills self after social safety net is removed by the latest round of budget cuts to offset corporate tax cuts*

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
So far, only the Clinton campaign has commented on the situation.

(They said they "stand with PP today and every day" in case you were curious.)

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

badatom posted:

The right wing response to this is going to be extra disgusting because it's going to be purposefully attached to how PP are "baby killers".

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I totally called this. :smith:

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

DemeaninDemon posted:

I totally called this. :smith:

Not exactly prescient, my friend.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Madison county fire deleted their tweet. Guess whoever's in charge slapped the keyboard out of the monkeys' hands

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Shifty Pony posted:

it is disgusting that a medical facility needs a goddamned safe room.

planned parenthood does things other then abortions, i assure you the room is for getting away from abusive boyfriends/husbands

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
which i know isn't like, a great assurance, it's just that that kind of room is absolutely necessary for shelters, or at least i think so anyway

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mandatory lesbian posted:

planned parenthood does things other then abortions, i assure you the room is for getting away from abusive boyfriends/husbands

Like 3% of their total services is abortions. Very little.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Who What Now posted:

I meant the RK 62 :doh:

Whelp, looks like I can now never ever hold an opinion about guns ever again.

Eh, its not like they're not all based around the same basic AK skeleton.

Kalashnikov claims a few more souls, baby. :negative:

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Something to make people a little happier

quote:

The 13-year-old Internet phenom who gained national attention criticizing President Barack Obama and briefly was a part of the Ted Cruz campaign is renouncing conservatism, saying he's looking to be a voice unbound by party ideology.

CJ Pearson told CNN on Friday that concerns about the Republican Party's viewpoints on racial and gender disparity as well as youth issues convinced him he could no longer be a mouthpiece for conservatism.

"I was tired of being a champion of a party that turned a blind eye to racial discrimination. Tired of being a champion of any cause that denies equal rights to every American. Tired of being a champion of a party that doesn't care about the issues important to young people," Pearson wrote in an email.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Who What Now posted:

How DARE the media call a MAGAZINE a "CLIP"!!!!

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde
"Republicans: too immature for a 13 year old"

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Hahaha this kid frequently gets into it with my wife's 14-y/o cousin all the time on Facebook about who the "true conservatives" are. I want to see the look on his face when he reads this.

Ben Has Tiny Weenus
Feb 17, 2007
MSU Will Not Be National Champions

So I really should learn to shut the hole under my nose.

That has to be the fastest conservative to liberal turnaround for one of the child wunderkinds that right wingers like to prop up.

No, GOP, saying that, "even a child understand why conservatism is correct!" Is not a good point.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
Gun people get so pissed off every time someone mislables an AKsomething as an AKsomethingelse, but no one cares when someone classifies plan B as abortion, or when Carly Fiorina references abortion videos that don't exist.

Abortion is probably going to be severely limited, or de facto outlawed, in my lifetime, and it sucks. I wish I could find a doctor to sterilize me but since I'm under 30 with no kids that ain't happening.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

Grey Fox posted:

Hahaha this kid frequently gets into it with my wife's 14-y/o cousin all the time on Facebook about who the "true conservatives" are. I want to see the look on his face when he reads this.

What an odd small world connection to have.

In Colorado Springs updates: The propane tanks reported earlier are apparently not propane tanks, but still believed to be explosive devices of some kind.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Hollismason posted:

I'm honestly surprised one of these open carry persons hasn't been shot already.

They're white, which helps them tremendously. I would not want to put money on the same understanding being given to a black or brown skinned person doing something similar.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Reports coming out that the suspect has surrendered and says he's alone.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Grey Fox posted:

Yeah, live feed says suspect detained.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Grey Fox posted:

Oh good they took him alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

:wtc:

http://www.abc10.com/story/news/2015/11/26/mass-officer-found-dead-faced-decades-prison-over-reported-hoax-shooting/76421436/

Police dispatcher and part-time patrol officer in Massachusetts shoots his own cruiser in a field, drives it into a tree, and calls it in along with a hoax bomb threat back in September. When he gets found out and is indicted last week, he shoots himself. I really want to know what he was, uh, thinking in September.

• Locked thread