Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kea
Oct 5, 2007
So heres a sneak peak of a little WIP that I might well get finished tommorow, do you get annoyed that sanctuary is full of useless houses you cant get rid of? Do they kind of get in the way and ruin your plan for a massive workhall for your slaves helpful settlers?

drat dude someone jacked your house!

PRETTY sure some guys house used to be here... (you can tell by all the floating decorations, WIP people)

Honestly sanctuary wasnt that bad but some areas suffer from SO MUCH unremovable junk that gets in the way of all our building desires. This is a really dirty edit right now but all done in FO4Edit so should be allright to use once its cleaned up. I shall crack on at it a bit more and see what I can do in the way of removing annoying obstacles.

edit: I may have to make a version that just removes the stupid bramble bushes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TerminalBlue
Aug 13, 2005

I LIVE
I DIE
I LIVE AGAIN

WITNESS ME!!

Anime Schoolgirl posted:

I suspect they're in the reciever mods because that would be a completely bethesda thing to do

Since firing type and the bulk of ROF adjustments are linked to the receiver(um... except in the case of the laser sniper barrel I guess?) it would make some kind of sense.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Besides, the rug trick to clip objects into each other no longer works for me. Could this be related to any mod ?

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Apparently changing calibers of weapon mods cause a singularity to collapse upon itself since half of the weapons no longer have firing sounds :downsgun:

Well, I tried.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

How can I find out what faction(s) an NPC belongs to?

ToxicAcne
May 25, 2014
Is there a mod that let's you wait anywhere like the old games?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
What we need is a pickupable camping stool, the 3 legged cloth seat kind.

Or a rolled up camping bed, that was a good mod in FO3.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My mod request is put Bruce Campbell in FAllout 4 for me to play as. TIA

Robzilla
Jul 28, 2003

READ IT AND WEEP JEWBOY!
Fun Shoe
This right here is important.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Playing around with Armorsmith, and I think my favorite combination is the Surveyor's Outfit with combat armor. Minimal clipping and you get a sweet red jacket. Will post pictures when I get home.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Brotherhood Fatigues work well too. Plenty of clipping, but it just works together.

Somehow when I equipped Cait with heavy combat armor and Maxon's coat, all the armor disappeared, which looked great. At first, one leg showed up. But it went away (either on a reload or me swapping gear perhaps). Buggy to say the least, but I was happy how it turned out.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The mod also works surprisingly well with dresses. It's rather hilarious running around in Agatha's Dress with massive shoulder and chest armor on and and metal shin guards.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I'm wearing Kellog's armor with a heavy leather chest plate and it actually looks great.

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...
There's a boat at Spectacle Island that has a circuit breaker on it that generates 20 power. It's used to power something that's already on the island.

If you go into build mode (after unlocking the workshop) you can grab the circuit breaker and cart it off to your new settlement to provide nice clean silent electricity.

Is there a way to find out it's base id without a GECK?
I've tried "help circuit 4" and then doing a placeatme for all the circuit breakers, but it's not one of them.
Its ref id is 002407af.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

goomsnarr posted:

There's a boat at Spectacle Island that has a circuit breaker on it that generates 20 power. It's used to power something that's already on the island.

If you go into build mode (after unlocking the workshop) you can grab the circuit breaker and cart it off to your new settlement to provide nice clean silent electricity.

I've tried "help circuit 4" and then doing a placeatme for all the circuit breakers, but it's not one of them.
Its ref id is 002407af.

If you open the console near it and click the object it should print its guid.

e: gently caress, you already did that. No idea then, sorry.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

goomsnarr posted:

Its ref id is 002407af.

002404BB possibly?

edit: why did you need to know anyway?

edit2: use 000cff77 for the circuit breaker thingy from diamond citys house (provides 100 power), placeatme it, attatch a wire and it will magically become a workshop object (no dont ask me why i have no loving idea)

Kea fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 27, 2015

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I've got a mod request: expansion of item placement control. I imagine most of it would require GECK, but I'd hope for at least one feature now: the ability to lock an item in place in the world, to prevent it from falling through structures and prevent the player from bumping into items. Essentially, kill physics for individual items. I'm surprised this isn't already possible through a console command.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Revol posted:

I've got a mod request: expansion of item placement control. I imagine most of it would require GECK, but I'd hope for at least one feature now: the ability to lock an item in place in the world, to prevent it from falling through structures and prevent the player from bumping into items. Essentially, kill physics for individual items. I'm surprised this isn't already possible through a console command.

Not sure if this is possible yet, depends how its been done in other games, if theres a skyrim version theres a small chance it could be ported to fallout 4. Either way mod ideas are always good.

goomsnarr
Jun 21, 2012

Yeah, yeah...

Kea posted:

002404BB possibly?

edit: why did you need to know anyway?

edit2: use 000cff77 for the circuit breaker thingy from diamond citys house (provides 100 power), placeatme it, attatch a wire and it will magically become a workshop object (no dont ask me why i have no loving idea)

I wanted a power supply that doesn't make that god awful racket, and need so much space.
It is 2404bb. I forgot to turn it on after I summoned it earlier :bang:

I'll try the others again to see what they do.

I haven't done any of the main quests yet, so I didn't know about the Diamond City house.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Bulk utility crafting:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/3205/

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I remember seeing a mod that let you build a bunch of other items in the workshop mode. Is that mod safe to use or did it have dirty edits? Thought it was in the OP at one point but I can't find it.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
You don't need to quest to go to one of the main cities in the game. It has many vendors and side quests. The vendors have legendaries, and you can buy a house for 2000 caps.

Thanks for the tip about the magical circuit breaker. I never would have thought about using a console command to create one.

Is it weird that I will cheat to make settlement items to make water pumps to generate water that I sell for caps? But I won't just add caps with a command?

Thanks for the farming mod (the clean one). Going to turn Abernathy Farm into a grow op of hubflowers to fuel my crippling addiction to bargains.

Here's a mod idea (probably not doable until GECK): the ability to create water features (ponds, tubs filled with water, moats?). Tubs could be used as tarberry planters. Ponds for industrial water purifiers.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I can't wait for a new "better living through chems" mod.

Take all the chems!

Psychobuff gives you better results than psycho + Buffout.
Buffjet gives better results than Buffout + jet.

In some quick testing, Buffout + Psychobuff don't stack, and Psycho + Psychobuff doesn't stack either...

However:
Psychobuff + Buffjet + Alcohol stack. You could also add Fury, too, I think. :gibs:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I wouldn't mind a mod that actually just makes the armor pieces invisible. Most of the non-leather stuff looks pretty awkward and bad IMO, like you looted a landfill and superglued some bits of machinery to yourself or like you're a child wearing an incredibly low-effort robot costume for halloween. It probably only gets worse if you combine it with one of the mods that lets you wear it with ordinary clothes like dresses and suits.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

like you looted a landfill and superglued some bits of machinery to yourself

Well... it is the apocalypse, after all.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I wouldn't mind a mod that actually just makes the armor pieces invisible. Most of the non-leather stuff looks pretty awkward and bad IMO, like you looted a landfill and superglued some bits of machinery to yourself or like you're a child wearing an incredibly low-effort robot costume for halloween. It probably only gets worse if you combine it with one of the mods that lets you wear it with ordinary clothes like dresses and suits.

Part of the problem is the Regular/Sturdy/Heavy armor system, where they obviously designed the Heavy armor, then just started ripping pieces off to make the cheaper variants. It kind of begs the question "why can't I take these two Combat Armor Leg pieces and wear one on my shins and another on my thighs?" and now every wastelander looks like the forgot half their armor at home.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

It's really odd that you can't just craft as many items as you want by specifying like you could with New Vegas' ammo reloading system.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Nevets posted:

Part of the problem is the Regular/Sturdy/Heavy armor system, where they obviously designed the Heavy armor, then just started ripping pieces off to make the cheaper variants. It kind of begs the question "why can't I take these two Combat Armor Leg pieces and wear one on my shins and another on my thighs?" and now every wastelander looks like the forgot half their armor at home.

Oh man, is the Heavy Combat Armor the actual full suit like that one loading screen shows instead of just some polymer strapped to your character?

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Nevets posted:

The biggest issue is if they have a miscellaneous mod the game drops "sturdy" and "heavy".

Just use player.additem until you get a full set of what you want, scrap the leftovers. You can even chuck them on the ground and add legendary prefixes. I have a box full of legendary armors, but got tired of wearing mismatched sets. So I just made the armor I wanted and put on the effects I already had.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Caved in and installed the non-fubar armour mod because the inability to wear suits + armour was killing me.

Hold my calls. I have some... miner business to attend to

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell

Alabaster White posted:

Oh man, is the Heavy Combat Armor the actual full suit like that one loading screen shows instead of just some polymer strapped to your character?

Yes it is, and if it weren't for the lovely white "Polymer" upgrade being mandatory, it would look great.

Hoping once we get the ability to make extra mod slots the someone mods in a "paint job" slot to every metal/combat/power armor that overrides the texture regardless of other mod slots but otherwise is purely cosmetic. Really shouldn't have to choose between prism shielding and flame paint.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Nevets posted:

Hoping once we get the ability to make extra mod slots the someone mods in a "paint job" slot to every metal/combat/power armor that overrides the texture regardless of other mod slots but otherwise is purely cosmetic. Really shouldn't have to choose between prism shielding and flame paint.

Pretty sure that's already doable, people are making craftable standalone armours as we speak.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Kea posted:

edit: I may have to make a version that just removes the stupid bramble bushes.

Please do. With touch of green and SSEx my settlements look way better than vanilla but that poo poo is still everywhere.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
So lately I've been playing with Arbitration which by default increases your damage by 2.5x and makes damage against you 5x. I found this to be a little unbalanced, everything died in essentially one shot at 2.5x so I lowered it to the vanilla 1.0 value even though I'm on survival difficulty. For comparison, Survival normally makes you do half damage across the board. Honestly the game feels pretty great at the 1.0 setting, and the 5x damage towards the player seems fine as well if you make effort to upgrade your armor or invest in defensive perks.

I'm also running with Immersive Loot Reduction which more or less removes 95% of all loot from containers. What it doesn't touch is the plethora of placed loot in the world, so you are actually scrounging for that stuff. The biggest issue I'm running into is a severe lack of adhesives, which is an ingredient in most crafting recipes. It seems appropriate that duct tape has now become the most valuable commodity in the wasteland. Ammo is also very hard to come by.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

So lately I've been playing with Arbitration which by default increases your damage by 2.5x and makes damage against you 5x. I found this to be a little unbalanced, everything died in essentially one shot at 2.5x so I lowered it to the vanilla 1.0 value even though I'm on survival difficulty. For comparison, Survival normally makes you do half damage across the board. Honestly the game feels pretty great at the 1.0 setting, and the 5x damage towards the player seems fine as well if you make effort to upgrade your armor or invest in defensive perks.

I'm also running with Immersive Loot Reduction which more or less removes 95% of all loot from containers. What it doesn't touch is the plethora of placed loot in the world, so you are actually scrounging for that stuff. The biggest issue I'm running into is a severe lack of adhesives, which is an ingredient in most crafting recipes. It seems appropriate that duct tape has now become the most valuable commodity in the wasteland. Ammo is also very hard to come by.

You can make adhesive from the cooking station via vegetable starch.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Sonofsilversign posted:

Please do. With touch of green and SSEx my settlements look way better than vanilla but that poo poo is still everywhere.

I will see if I can find the references for the bramble bushes (I think they are just called brambles) with a bit of luck I should be able to get rid of them in any settlements where they are endemic. Is it just Sanctuary?

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
The Co-op fields are really bad too. The various bushes take away a significant area of planting space.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Spaseman posted:

The Co-op fields are really bad too. The various bushes take away a significant area of planting space.

I will have a look tonight but its getting on 2am, should have something tommorow, the only issue right now is FINDING the right places, some have notes (sanctuary does) some don't, Ill see what I can do.

Edit; I have had a look, there are (looks like) about a million bushes in sanctuary, tommorow Ill work on removing them all and see what it looks like.

Kea fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 28, 2015

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

For loot, I like this one, http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/2593/ its less extreme.

As for damage, it might feel that way at low level, but later in the game its going to take you a long time to kill stuff, as things get higher level they get a lot more HP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I just want a mod that makes Master-locked loot boxes hold things worth taking all those perks for. Getting tired of finding a single radX and a skull in Master-level safes.

• Locked thread