Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Rhyno posted:

Jesus, the Jessica Jones thread is moving too drat fast to catch up with.

Is it as terrible as every other TVIV thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ufarn
May 30, 2009
It's a good thread that's impossible to read because of all the spoiler tags.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea, people who have issues with the show are pretty reasonable and actually explaining why. There's only been one person claiming that it was made to capture the SJW market (because that's such a big one), but that was in a different thread.

My life feels empty there were no comic shows this week.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Shoulda paced yourself on JJ.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

There's always the 90's Flash on CWTV, if you haven't seen it already have no standards and need a fix.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

twistedmentat posted:

Supergirl doesn't count?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Skwirl posted:

Is it as terrible as every other TVIV thread?

Plot obsessed utilitarian-uber-alles TVIV is watching a show that is strongly thematic. Half of the posters cannot figure out why anything is happening at all.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

zoux posted:

Plot obsessed utilitarian-uber-alles TVIV is watching a show that is strongly thematic. Half of the posters cannot figure out why anything is happening at all.

Sounds entertaining. I like the show to much to go into the thread though.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

There's something subtle about Jessica Jones that, if intentional, was incredibly brilliant. It's the mass interview montage segment.

As the viewer, we're given an advantage over everyone else in that world which can affect our judgment. One of the criticisms I've seen about the show is that Kilgrave shouldn't be hard to believe in because it's a world with the Avengers and whatnot. It's brought up in-show too. We know that Kilgrave is real, so we can't really identify with the MCU public.

Then there's that scene. When that douche guy talks about a "limey" stealing his blazer, we know he's telling the truth and we, much like Jessica, take him seriously. But there are others whose stories don't match up with what we know. One of the most prominent characters in this montage is a stoner who blames an Asian guy for mind-controlling him into robbing a convenience store. We laugh at him because Kilgrave isn't Asian. This guy is obviously just making this stuff up to explain away his criminal actions. An Asian guy with mind control. How silly! We all have a good laugh.

But later in the season, we see the videos of Kilgrave's childhood origin. It's revealed that there were other test subjects out there and the very first one we see is from an Asian country. Did he gain the same powers? Did he end up in the States somehow? Is this the very person the stoner guy claimed ordered him around? Who's to say? What's important is that it's possible that that guy was telling the truth and we, as well as Jessica, dismissed him in the same way the public would dismiss Hope for her crazy explanation.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Has there been any info on daredevil season 2 costume updates? I know it'd be kind of stupid for them to change a costume that was in the show for like 15 minutes, but I thought I saw they had a different designer for the new season.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I lost a bet so I have to watch Agents of Shield from the beginning.

The pilot is so loving horrible.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Rhyno posted:

What was the bet?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Rhyno posted:

Reminder: most of the first season is really bad and flavorless, but it does get very good once Bill Paxton shows up and you do get some decent world-building out of the experience for future use.

And chin up. You have SO MUCH amazing Kyle MacLaughlin to look forward to.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Gavok posted:

Reminder: most of the first season is really bad and flavorless, but it does get very good once Bill Paxton shows up and you do get some decent world-building out of the experience for future use.

I don't think it's a great or even a consistently good show, but there are performances that justify the whole endeavor, and Paxton and MacLaughlin's are for sure among them. And anyway, even on an off week I can grit my teeth and remember that at least it isn't Gotham.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Norns posted:

What was the bet?

It was non comic or tv related, I went out with some customers last night and couldn't eat as many chicken wings as I once could.

Gavok posted:

I've watched a lot of the show, I tune in when people swear how good it is (they're always wrong). Watching this I stand by my original assessment, there's no way in hell Chloe Bennet was cast for anything but her looks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well, depending on how planned some things were she may have been cast at least for her ethnicity.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Well, depending on how planned some things were she may have been cast at least for her ethnicity.

I highly doubt it.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

It was non comic or tv related, I went out with some customers last night and couldn't eat as many chicken wings as I once could.

Dude, once you're over 25, any food bets are sucker bets.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Dude, once you're over 25, any food bets are sucker bets.

I actually did some competitive eating when I was 30, I'd won numerous chicken wing eating contests which is what made me think I could handle this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I actually did some competitive eating when I was 30, I'd won numerous chicken wing eating contests which is what made me think I could handle this.

Fair enough, I guess.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Lurdiak posted:

Fair enough, I guess.

I got pukey at 13 wings. I'm such a failure.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I'd say the fact that you can eat 13 wings is more what makes you a failure.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

I'd say the fact that you can eat 13 wings is more what makes you a failure.

I am 188 pounds of chicken wing eating FURY.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

13 wings is probably less meat than just a quarter chicken.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

13 wings is probably less meat than just a quarter chicken.

Definitely. I've put down 30+ in one sitting in the past. There's not really that much meat on the average chicken wing.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dexo posted:

It's Lit.

Trap is terrible. Stop listening to it.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Rocksicles posted:

Trap is terrible. Stop listening to it.

lol I almost never listen to trap. Unless I'm at like a party or some poo poo, or the occasional song in my workout playlist.

Also I disagree with your opinion, but don't feel like having this argument in this here thread about comic books.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Gotham's Mr. Freeze:

:effort:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I'm 2 episodes into season 2 of iZombie and Liv is always dressed totally inappropriately for her job so far this season.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Aphrodite posted:

I'm 2 episodes into season 2 of iZombie and Liv is always dressed totally inappropriately for her job so far this season.

I enjoy iZombie because it does have a bit of the Veronica Mars feel to it but after a friend sent me "Oh my god are you serious she's a zombie and her name is 'Live More'" I get angry any time I think about that.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

redbackground posted:

Gotham's Mr. Freeze:

Hey what's up, Captain Cold? You get lost from a better TV show?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Supergirl got a full season order.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

muscles like this? posted:

Supergirl got a full season order.

I wonder how it will handle the midseason break.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

They're also supposed to be casting a teenage Superman for flashbacks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Medullah posted:

I enjoy iZombie because it does have a bit of the Veronica Mars feel to it but after a friend sent me "Oh my god are you serious she's a zombie and her name is 'Live More'" I get angry any time I think about that.

They do call it out at least twice in the show, but it seems like it's not worth giving your main character such a dumb name for 2 minor jokes.

Maybe it'll turn out she was intentionally infected because Blaine can't pass up a good pun.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

redbackground posted:

Gotham's Mr. Freeze:

Kurt Cobain is back.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

redbackground posted:

Gotham's Mr. Freeze:

Both too goofy for the semi-gritty semi-realistic nolanesque look of the show, and not goofy enough to be interesting. Will someone please cancel this show?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Lurdiak posted:

Both too goofy for the semi-gritty semi-realistic nolanesque look of the show, and not goofy enough to be interesting. Will someone please cancel this show?

The show has been goofy for a while, with things like a penguin army and balloon man.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
Recoil in terror in the face of that guy who strangles people with balloons! Booga-Booga

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Didn't he just handcuff people to the balloons and let them freeze to death?