Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

a Loving Dog posted:

i honestly think its pretty lazy. its basically celestial emissary or w/e from base game.

honestly I just like that they summon meteor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tekopo posted:

gonna finally be able to play this after fracturing my wrist, is there like a class/weapon that is good for noobs to get started on?

The saw cleaver carried me through the game...still using it at the end.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
The saw cleaver is the easiest to use and does good work if you just level up strength and dexterity

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I probably have like 10 playthroughs of this game left to do just because I used the saw cleaver for this whole run with the boom hammer as my backup once the dlc came out. I think I'm gonna try the starting axe for my next run.

Some of the weapons in the DLC are going to be really hard to get early so I might have to do ng+ runs to use those. Beating those two giant fish things down the well for Maria's weapon while weak...I think not.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Nov 26, 2015

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Same. I died more on those fish guys for the Maria weapon than I did to Maria. The saw whip thing is pretty close to the start so I'll prolly make a strength character and rush to get that early on.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can't stop thinking about the Lady Maria fight...it's perfect. I really hope Dark Souls 3 has fights like hers. just watching my winning fight with her over and over.

apropos to nothing posted:

Same. I died more on those fish guys for the Maria weapon than I did to Maria. The saw whip thing is pretty close to the start so I'll prolly make a strength character and rush to get that early on.

I ended up stabbing one of them with a shaman blade after a while, but the second one was still a bitch to take out. They're hard as hell and have a weird 4 hit combo that I never expect to keep going.

Zodar
May 21, 2007

The last fight of the DLC is so wild... crawls out of a beached corpse looking like afterbirth, then starts flying around doing Sephiroth poo poo

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

mysterious loyall X posted:

i liked nightmare frontier and the boss was cool, but nightmare of mensis is miserable up to the castle eve though there's really like 6 enemies all the way there from the bonfire and u can just ru n past everyone

I just run around in circles and let the Mensis Brain Kill the Silverbeasts.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I keep having dreams that im playing bloodborne and ive never played it before and dont have a ps4. what does it mean

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
how is it?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Can't stop thinking about the Lady Maria fight...it's perfect. I really hope Dark Souls 3 has fights like hers. just watching my winning fight with her over and over.

I ended up stabbing one of them with a shaman blade after a while, but the second one was still a bitch to take out. They're hard as hell and have a weird 4 hit combo that I never expect to keep going.

I used the poison knives and back stabbed the first dude while he was trying to wake up the second guy but yeah they're hard as hell. Before the dlc I would have said father gascoigne was my favorite souls boss but yeah I think Maria is gonna top that list now

Dec 26, 2012

HORMELCHILI posted:

I keep having dreams that im playing bloodborne and ive never played it before and dont have a ps4. what does it mean

its a prophecy, and it means you will get a ps4, and play bloodborne

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

01011001 posted:

its a prophecy, and it means you will get a ps4, and play bloodborne

gently caress yes. i cant wait for christmas.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
buy me bloodborne, or go to hell!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i went into the DLC with +6 stuff and got my rear end handed to me by the poo poo in there. guess ill comeback in the endgame!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I found the secret dlc boss...hell yes.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm looking forward to reapplying myself to boss 1 after i get back from the holiday... i have some ideas.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

cannot beat OoK... so freaking hard

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

cannot beat OoK... so freaking hard

It's hard but good! On the run where I finally beat him I was down to one blood vial and my heart was pounding! Good luck!

Dec 26, 2012

sector_corrector posted:

i'm looking forward to reapplying myself to boss 1 after i get back from the holiday... i have some ideas.

same

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Yeah Bro posted:

It's hard but good! On the run where I finally beat him I was down to one blood vial and my heart was pounding! Good luck!

Yes that feeling is righteous.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

i went into the DLC with +6 stuff and got my rear end handed to me by the poo poo in there. guess ill comeback in the endgame!!

theres at least a dozen bloodstone chunks in yahar'gul, so maybe try after there

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah Bro posted:

I did it! Finally. There were so many close calls, and the second phase is ridiculous but I really love that fight. Right now I'd say that he and Maria are my two favorite souls bosses ever but I still haven't fought the final boss of Bloodborne and I missed Cainhurst.

OoK goes apeshit when you get him to low hp, it's really crazy and it was so satisfying to finally win. I think he's the only souls boss I've ever fought where the direction that you dodge actually affects whether or not you'll be hit, so not only do you need to learn the dodge timings you also need to know which way to dodge. so good.

http://www.twitch.tv/travsouls/v/27867541

Can't wait to finish the game tomorrow and get started on another character.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Nov 27, 2015

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

Can't wait to finish the game tomorrow and get started on another character.

I started and finished the dlc again on a new character, it was drat good again. Beat all the bosses in 1 or 2 tries this time. The weapon I picked up for this one the rakuyo is off the freaking chain.

Buschmaki
Dec 26, 2012

‿︵‿︵‿︵‿Lean Addict︵‿︵‿︵‿
I bought the Ultimate Edition the other day and am playing this for the first time and the art direction in this game is just phenomenal.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
maria's kicking my rear end, stupid bitch!!!

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

if anyone wants a good laugh try using the weed whacker mode on the whirligig saw on rom

Dec 26, 2012

i finally beat ludwig. holy poo poo that was intense near the end, i was at low double digit hp like 5 times

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I keep thinking about which weapons I wanna use in run 2...settled on hunter's axe and the stake driver to start with, I hope they're good.

beepstreet
Feb 7, 2005

Evil Eagle posted:

I keep thinking about which weapons I wanna use in run 2...settled on hunter's axe and the stake driver to start with, I hope they're good.

Hunters axe is still my favorite weapon out of the original games set. The halberd always felt too slow to me in the souls games, but its juuuuust right here. Try not to abuse the spin to win r2 too much, as satisfying \ effective it tends to be

Dec 26, 2012

Evil Eagle posted:

hunter's axe is good solely based on its transformed charge attack, the rest of the moveset is ok too but that's where it's at

i cant really get into the stake driver personally

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Beat the game. My saw cleaver broke during the Gerhman fight so I had to change my strategy for Moon Presence and use the boom hammer. those fights ruled

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

idk what to do or how to level up.. i have a cane and it turns into a whip and im murking people with torches

Dec 26, 2012

tumor looking batty posted:

idk what to do or how to level up.. i have a cane and it turns into a whip and im murking people with torches

you get the ability later

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
I have the game, but no PS4 because every smelly unwashed plebe in Indianapolis got to them before I could today. This is the worst.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

a guy in a wheelchair said i could have sex with a sex doll

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

chalice rom is still the worst boss ever. gently caress those spiders randomly oneshotting you and gently caress rom's struggle attack where he's untouchable for as long as he feels like

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm loving the hell out of my hunter axe and stake driver combo. Gonna mix some arcane stuff in as well when I find it. Went all the way to Witch of Hemwick and I'm looking forward to tackling the forest tomorrow and finding the secret entrance to the clinic.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Also is it just me or does the blunderbuss leave enemies vulnerable for less time than the pistol after a parry? If that's true then I'm going to switch back to the pistol or try out a different firearm like ludwig's rifle or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

tumor looking batty posted:

a guy in a wheelchair said i could have sex with a sex doll

Having sex with it is how you level up