Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Luigi Thirty posted:

:wtc:

http://www.abc10.com/story/news/2015/11/26/mass-officer-found-dead-faced-decades-prison-over-reported-hoax-shooting/76421436/

Police dispatcher and part-time patrol officer in Massachusetts shoots his own cruiser in a field, drives it into a tree, and calls it in along with a hoax bomb threat back in September. When he gets found out and is indicted last week, he shoots himself. I really want to know what he was, uh, thinking in September.

Trying to imitate that Chicago cop that tried to frame his own death?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

Grey Fox posted:

Reports coming out that the suspect has surrendered and says he's alone.

Can't wait to hear his motive :allears:

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

fknlo posted:

Can't wait to hear his motive :allears:

We'll never know. Just like we'll never know why those people shot the cops and draped them in Gadsden flags.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Luigi Thirty posted:

We'll never know. Just like we'll never know why those people shot the cops and draped them in Gadsden flags.

womp womp :(

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Hope everyone's screenshotting all the insta-conspiracy nuts.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Intel&Sebastian posted:

I'm waiting for the inevitable 'Crisis Actor' photoshop.

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT
If he believed that he had to violate laws in order to follow his faith, Rubio will have his back.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

edit: ^^^ :drat:

I'm guessing we won't have any confirmation of the suspect's identity until the cops have a chance to clear his residence of any potential explosive devices.

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Nov 28, 2015

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Intel&Sebastian posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCG5DXWrGUM

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Guy apparently brought propane tanks with him into the facility. Failed suicide bombing plan?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

Guy apparently brought propane tanks with him into the facility. Failed suicide bombing plan?

Sounds like something a terrorist would do. Good thing he's Not A Terrorist™

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

CommieGIR posted:

he probaly relized he can get more crazis to follow him if he surrenders so he can become the next Eric Rudolph and get fanmail in jail.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Maybe someone in the building talked him into surrendering, like that one woman who talked down a guy who was going to shoot up a school but nobody knows her name because the media only lionizes killers.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Maybe someone in the building talked him into surrendering, like that one woman who talked down a guy who was going to shoot up a school but nobody knows her name because the media only lionizes killers.
Nah he probably couldn't figure out how to kill himself painlessly with a long gun.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

PUGGERNAUT posted:

Gun people get so pissed off every time someone mislables an AKsomething as an AKsomethingelse, but no one cares when someone classifies plan B as abortion, or when Carly Fiorina references abortion videos that don't exist.

Abortion is probably going to be severely limited, or de facto outlawed, in my lifetime, and it sucks. I wish I could find a doctor to sterilize me but since I'm under 30 with no kids that ain't happening.

Conservative states are doing lovely things but the Supreme Court is not overturning Roe or Casey. The shithead laws in Texas will be struck down.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Grey Fox posted:

Nah he probably couldn't figure out how to kill himself painlessly with a long gun.
The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is to make it impossible for them to kill themselves with said gun.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Conservative states are doing lovely things but the Supreme Court is not overturning Roe or Casey. The shithead laws in Texas will be struck down.

It basically depends on how Kennedy wakes up that morning.

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

Luigi Thirty posted:

:wtc:

http://www.abc10.com/story/news/2015/11/26/mass-officer-found-dead-faced-decades-prison-over-reported-hoax-shooting/76421436/

Police dispatcher and part-time patrol officer in Massachusetts shoots his own cruiser in a field, drives it into a tree, and calls it in along with a hoax bomb threat back in September. When he gets found out and is indicted last week, he shoots himself. I really want to know what he was, uh, thinking in September.

I would imagine he was extremely mentally ill in September, and in January too

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Say hello:

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Honestly, if you truly believe down to your bones that abortion is murder, isn't running into a place like that and killing everyone the only logical endgame?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Samurai Sanders posted:

Honestly, if you truly believe down to your bones that abortion is murder, isn't running into a place like that and killing everyone the only logical endgame?

Yes, that's why the hardcore churches will preach that abortion is murder so murdering abortion doctors is not a sin.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's being made increasingly difficult to obtain an abortion in states all over the US, it's not an idiosyncratic Texas thing. Roe might be okay but that clearly doesn't prevent anti-choice legislation, and it's only going to get harder to get an abortion, not easier. It's a constant struggle and not something people who support reproductive rights can afford to get complacent about.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
That's what he's talking about. The Texas law is in front of the SCOTUS right now. Though I am not as confident as he about the outcome (though Im admittedly not following it and what I know is hearsay).

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Conservatives have convinced themselves there is blood in the water, and that Obama has ruined Democratic chances next year.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Sharkie posted:

It's being made increasingly difficult to obtain an abortion in states all over the US, it's not an idiosyncratic Texas thing. Roe might be okay but that clearly doesn't prevent anti-choice legislation, and it's only going to get harder to get an abortion, not easier. It's a constant struggle and not something people who support reproductive rights can afford to get complacent about.

The newish bullshit laws are just finally reaching the court. I don't expect it to look much different than Posner's shredding of them.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Nonsense posted:

Conservatives have convinced themselves there is blood in the water, and that Obama has ruined Democratic chances next year.

The days running up to the 2016 election are going to be "Skewed Polls 3: Skew Harder", aren't they?

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Alkydere posted:

The days running up to the 2016 election are going to be "Skewed Polls 3: Skew Harder", aren't they?

I hope so, that one goon made some decent cash off that and if the opportunity to do it pops up again I will be on it like a goon on Cheetos

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Alkydere posted:

Exactly that yes. It's great because the 2010 election emboldened them to do it in 2012. The 2014 and the 2015 KY election are going to embolden them even further for 2016.

Although there is a good question of whether the Clinton campaign can get the Obama coalition to vote with the same high level. I think they can since they have most of the OFA organization and are using the same tactics.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Considering the Republicans this go-round are complete whack jobs we're in for a really interesting time.

I wonder who the shooter was voting for.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Space-Admiral Bachmann?

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Huckabee is my serious prediction.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'll have to go with Marc " It's your job to break the law if it's a sin" Rubio.

Defenestration
Aug 10, 2006

"It wasn't my fault that my first unconscious thought turned out to be-"
"Jesus, kid, what?"
"That something smelled delicious!"

Grimey Drawer

Hollismason posted:

I'll have to go with Marc " It's your job to break the law if it's a sin" Rubio.
naw no one that fanatical is listening to a word a rino like Rubio says

Carson or Cruz

Trump inspires violence but he's too secular

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Uh, no. I'm not a christian but the actual christian text (the Bible) forbids killing under all circumstances. There is no gray area.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Trump is my guess.

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
Two dead, including one cop. :(

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime...n=NYDailyNewsTw

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
One of the cops has died

HUGE PUBES A PLUS
Apr 30, 2005

Just saw on twitter two people are dead. :smith: This sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

blue squares posted:

Uh, no. I'm not a christian but the actual christian text (the Bible) forbids killing under all circumstances. There is no gray area.

"It actually only forbids committing murder, not all killing. And this doesn't count as murder because ~*~fartz~*~"

• Locked thread