Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

queserasera posted:

Our neighbor is a grad student who shares the place with his elderly mother. A couple of days ago he stopped by with pork buns his mom made for all his neighbors, tonight he had red bean paste buns for us. Gonna make him and his mom some mandl bread. :3:

Dude, you have neighbors who make you homemade baozi? I am so jealous right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:dance::slick::homebrew:THEY FINALLY PAID ME THE 16 loving HOURS THEY OWED ME :homebrew::slick::dance:
It only took me two months of daily badgering the regional supervisor :shepface:

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Today my little boy turned three years old. We had an awesome party at a park with lots of family and friends.

Now that he's asleep, I'm going to drink beer by my firepit in fantastic weather. Life is good.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
Got a call from my boss to check up on my medical issues (diverticulitis, requires surgery in 2 weeks) and chat a little bit. Everyone at the office has missed me being there since I've been in and out of the hospital the last couple weeks. On top of that, I found out I got a raise on my 2 year review and bumped up a little over $41k a year :woop: :slick:

Probably gonna stop by the office tomorrow to pay a visit to everyone, come November 6 I'll be out on short term disability for probably 3-4 weeks minimum recovering so it'll make quite a long stretch I've been working remotely or out completely. Definitely an awesome place and I love that there's no pressure, they care about my health and check up periodically or offer to stop by and help out. Hell, the OWNER of the company, along with my direct boss, showed up at the hospital the second day I was there after finding out about my situation, and were super supportive. I've never honestly had co-workers or management that cared as much as these guys do and it's awesome :feelsgood:

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
DIRECT DEPOSIT FRIDAY

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I made homemade red bean paste buns for the ladies at this little Chinese bakery i go to and they loved them.

Also it's my birthday and they gave me cake. :3:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
90 days ago I didn't jog at all. I was a couch potato. But, I decided I didn't want to be and started jogging. That first week, half a mile just crushed me. However, I knew I could persist, and I signed up for a 5k, that at the time, was several months out.

Today was that 5k, and I completed the entire thing without slowing down to walk at any point, something I had never done during training, and pulled off for the first time ever during the event. Today also marked me hitting 45 pounds lost since February.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Malachite_Dragon posted:

:dance::slick::homebrew:THEY FINALLY PAID ME THE 16 loving HOURS THEY OWED ME :homebrew::slick::dance:
It only took me two months of daily badgering the regional supervisor :shepface:

Legit happy for you, about loving time! :peanut:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
For no other reason than "we have all of the ingredients for it", my wife made some banana bread for us :buddy:

Master Twig posted:

90 days ago I didn't jog at all. I was a couch potato. But, I decided I didn't want to be and started jogging. That first week, half a mile just crushed me. However, I knew I could persist, and I signed up for a 5k, that at the time, was several months out.

Today was that 5k, and I completed the entire thing without slowing down to walk at any point, something I had never done during training, and pulled off for the first time ever during the event. Today also marked me hitting 45 pounds lost since February.

My man

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Gross as hell, but thanks to Wikipedia I was able to solve one of those questions that I was always curious about, but never really felt like finding out the answer to:

Turns out, in males, "'Urine remaining in the male urethra is expelled by several contractions of the bulbospongiosus muscle". Always wondered if it was gravity or muscles pushing.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Hurricane Patricia didn't gently caress my favourite part of Mexico over and no one died. No major damage. The storm just completely died as soon as it hit the coastal mountains. That is awesome, I was so worried.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
I think I did better on the test I was dreading than I expected to.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
So I had an issue where despite walking for graduation, receiving my degree, and getting a letter from my old university in the mail congratulating me, I believed I did not actually graduate.

This was because a teacher in one of my classes apparently turned in his grades way after the fact and turned in an F grade for me. I didn't find out about the F grade until last year and almost just dreaded asking the university about it. I contacted the university finally, and they said that I was in fact awarded a BS in Computer Science in 2011 and don't need to fix anything. Prior to that I had been worried about having to go back to school to finish one class if I ever wanted to move to a different company. Even with years of experience and being fairly "proven" at this point, some companies just will not hire developers without a Bachelors. At the very least it hurts a lot of my salary leverage.

That is a HUGE load off my mind.

wilderthanmild has a new favorite as of 15:18 on Oct 29, 2015

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Any day I spend in Manhattan is an awesome day.

PuntCuncher
Apr 21, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Master Twig posted:

Smashing it, good work mate.

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I got an IUD and it didn't even hurt that much. I was so worried after hearing all of the "worst pain of my life" horror stories.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
After years of wearing boxers exclusively, I bought some trunks. Very nice.

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
My daughter texted me from Paris and let me know she and her host family are all safe and well. While the adults are dealing with poo poo, she's distracting the kids by teaching them to play Settlers of Cattan. :3:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
My whole weekend was awesome! Friday was my birthday so I took the day off and went skydiving. The place was pretty empty but I managed to get three solo jumps in, then just as we were arranging the last load of the day one of the instructors told me to go buy a jump ticket, so I did. I'm still on student status and only able to go out with instructors or coaches, and I had one coach jump left for my license, so I assumed this was it. It wasn't.

Three instructors and one coach took me out on my first five-way. I was so nervous but excited, and had a BLAST. I can't do this with anyone besides coaches and instructors because I'm not licensed yet, so it meant the world to me that they were willing to spend a fun jump with a newbie diver. They did all the work and still managed to make me look like I knew what I was doing. We formed a circle, broke off and each did a 360, re-formed, then broke the circle in one place and drove in a line before breaking off and deploying. It was the most amazing experience of my life.

Then when I got to the hotel (the DZ is about two hours away and my boyfriend wanted to spend the night of my birthday with me), I found it decorated with balloons, streamers, wine, and candy. I went back to the DZ the next morning and did three more jumps. The only damper one the whole thing was the France attacks. :(

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I discovered that mushrooms sautéed in coconut oil and red wine taste loving delicious.

BlueOccamy
Jul 1, 2010

MongolArcher posted:

My daughter texted me from Paris and let me know she and her host family are all safe and well. While the adults are dealing with poo poo, she's distracting the kids by teaching them to play Settlers of Cattan. :3:

That's so cute, good for her helping out like that :3: I hope your daughter keeps her chin up and makes more than enough good memories to make up for all this.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I got my first knitting needles. Now all I need to do is get an A on my math Exam and Chem Lab this week. That way I can take a bus route to Salvation Army to get yarn to make scarves fro family.

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

Annointed posted:

I got my first knitting needles. Now all I need to do is get an A on my math Exam and Chem Lab this week. That way I can take a bus route to Salvation Army to get yarn to make scarves fro family.

Is it hard to knit? It looks nice and relaxing, especially with making really nice things for friends :3:
Also I hope you do great on both your exams!

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009

bleughmacaroni posted:

Is it hard to knit? It looks nice and relaxing, especially with making really nice things for friends :3:
Also I hope you do great on both your exams!

It's so easy! I was on bedrest for three weeks once, and bought a beginner kit at Michael's. At the end of the 3 weeks I had my first scarf. I never advanced very far (although I've made a few very pretty blankets), and I'm not interested in doing complicated stuff because I like to zone out when I'm knitting, so now I just make small blankets for Comfort for Critters (if you craft, check them out)!

MongolArcher
Jan 2, 2009
Knitting is awesome and addictive! PM me and I can send you some yarn that I won't be using.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I managed to finish all my homework for the last two days at a reasonable hour and got a lot of great sleep. First time in ages.

death sext
Nov 4, 2011

I just got a shoot for the moon job after being stuck in the unemployment pit for so long and oh my goodness I am just so happy.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007
Went for a surf after crap day at work. Surf was clean and fun, endless barrels until sunset.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Well, it's technically today, so it counts:

I have the day off, and my favorite radio show is doing a remote less than 15 minutes away, instead of having to schlep into Chicago or some out-of-the-way suburb in another direction. I'll still get there early enough to see if the Giant Parking Lot I've Never Used will have enough free-for-long-periods spots, but I know the area enough to find parking nearby.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I finally bought a new acoustic guitar! It's only a Squier, but it's a huge step up from my old hand-me-down Mark II I've had since I was in middle school. And I got a 20% markdown for Black Friday without even having to go out.

And I tentatively have a date with a very nice girl!

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
This was yesterday, but...I got my first skydive license! :woop: Now I can go out with other groups (previously I could only go out alone or with instructors/coaches) and do formations. I did two yesterday and one today. I also have all my own gear and can pack it, so I don't have to wait for the gear shop or packers to handle it for me. I'm practicing a few times a week to get faster at packing so I can jump more! :)

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT
In a couple weeks I go back to work after being laid up for diverticulitis and surgery. Since I've been feeling a lot better and moving easier, I paid a surprise visit to the office to see everyone during our annual Thanksgiving lunch. Good laughs, hugs all around, just a great bunch of people and I had the biggest grin the whole time, while almost tearing up at how much people genuinely cared :3:

Oh, and my boss had bought me a 6 pack of New Belgium pumpkin ale while I was hospitalized, I finally got to have one last night :) I didn't think pumpkin beer would be all that good, but I'll be damned if this isn't some tasty brew. Kind of a mild pumpkin pie flavor, not too sweet, fairly light and doesn't leave a weird aftertaste. Felt nice to relax after a couple beers, Al Bundy style, in my recliner with one hand in the waistband and the other on the remote. :feelsgood:

Vadun
Mar 9, 2011

I'm hungrier than a green snake in a sugar cane field.

All signs point to me getting the new job. I've had three interviews for the position within the
last week and today I got a meeting invite to prep me for the transition to to the team.

We haven't gone over salary ranges yet but bare minimum it will be 10% more than I'm making now, and more importantly I'll be moving from a contracted position to permanent.

It will also be a huge learning experience, I'm already excited to get back to studying and getting a few more certifications

josiahgould
Nov 10, 2009
I caught a baby at home.

Wife went into very quick labor, and there she is before the cops even show up :) Feels good man.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

josiahgould posted:

I caught a baby at home.

Wife went into very quick labor, and there she is before the cops even show up :) Feels good man.

This is awesome!

I decided today that next summer I'm going to live in Belize for two months and rehabilitate injured baby manatees!

Then I had a paid three hour work meeting this evening, but my boss gave us all $30 credit towards any purchase in our store, then we had a potluck dinner and watched Jurassic World in the education amphitheatre. Got paid for it all as Christmas gift to staff.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

I'm home for the holidays and had some pho with me mum.

Now I must do my best to be a good guest to my grandmother.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yesterday a coworker told me I was her favorite person to work with. This morning I got up before the rest of the house and helped mom preparing the snacks to set out before the big meal. Also I finally figured out how to load music onto my phone. Barring lovely interactions with relatives later, today looks to be pretty good!

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Sometimes it's the small things: I just had a cup of coffee that was really loving good :yum:

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
I was walking my ridiculously gigantic dog and some ladies who were raking leaves asked if they could give her a cookie. Bella was pleased to accept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caramaline
Aug 4, 2006

Takin' a dirt nap with baby Jesus
I had a job interview this morning that went really well. Then I went to my parents' house and my dad made me a nice lunch. Got a letter in the mail from the phone company that turned out to be a cheque because they overcharged me by accident. Took a real cozy afternoon nap with my husband. Then we went shopping for puppy supplies since we are potentially adopting a puppy this weekend. Currently relaxing with a glass of wine and doing some online christmas shopping.
I'd say it's been a pretty awesome day.