Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
You weren't considered a real band in the 1970s until you had a song with a flute solo in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

MacheteZombie posted:

GonSmithe, that was a good outcome to your challenge.

Oh man, a year without Baron Bifford is a the best year yet.

Slate Action posted:

You weren't considered a real band in the 1970s until you had a song with a flute solo in it.

Traffic's John Barleycorn Must Die is one of my favourite albums, tons of flute there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icyPFsIcAV0

wyoming fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Nov 28, 2015

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I skipped like 400-500 posts to make my last post, what's with the thread title?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
It just appeared one day.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Me and my pals defeated Bowser together today, but then that fucker threw a whole extra world at us.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

None of the parts I was awake for were very interesting. Although Emily Browning (who plays Frances) is insanely attractive. Like, I want to marry and spend the rest of my life with a woman who looks like that :swoon:

I thought Emily Browning was hot before it was cool. And by that I mean in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, when I was a teenager and thought that fishnet sleeves were sexy (and also smart girls, that part is still true now)(actually I still think fishnets outfits are sexy now too).

GonSmithe posted:

Seyfried is so unbelievably awful in that movie. Any vocal coach worth anything would have knocked that terrible warble in her singing out within the first day.

I always confuse Seyfried and Hailee Steinfeld. Not that the latter has started singing, maybe she's the one that should be in a musical after all.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
It actually looks like Baron Bifford got the year long probation for something unrelated :confuoot:

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

MacheteZombie posted:

I skipped like 400-500 posts to make my last post, what's with the thread title?

The deep web.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Actually lowtax probably just applied the ban to Bifford's last post so never mind.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

axleblaze posted:

It actually looks like Baron Bifford got the year long probation for something unrelated :confuoot:

I don't think there are 4000 days in a year. I'm not 100% sure though.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

MacheteZombie posted:

Some dude on the Deep Web wanted to hire a hitman or something and his username was Hamtaro666. Thanks to whoever discovered it (I want to say Jenny?)

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Nice.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

axleblaze posted:

Actually lowtax probably just applied the ban to Bifford's last post so never mind.

Is there a way to see the lepers colony from mobile? I want to see the admin reason.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy

X-Ray Pecs posted:

(I want to say Jenny?)

Yeah you do

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah Jenny that link was super rad, my friend (Fermata who you might remember from the Scream Stream) really appreciated it.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

MacheteZombie posted:

Is there a way to see the lepers colony from mobile? I want to see the admin reason.

The iOS app has it but I don't think you can do it on the android one.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lowtax posted:

Asked to be removed for 1 year. User loses posting privileges for 100,000 hours.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Lazy rear end Android goons, need to get on making me software features. smh

Is Jenny's deep web link the YouTube series in her (or your post if you're reading this Jenny) previous post? Don't have time to watch it now, but definitely want to check it out.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Seyfried was all right in Mamma Mia, but also that was a dull movie so I was kinda focusing on anything that served as a distraction.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MacheteZombie posted:

Lazy rear end Android goons, need to get on making me software features. smh

Is Jenny's deep web link the YouTube series in her (or your post if you're reading this Jenny) previous post? Don't have time to watch it now, but definitely want to check it out.

its this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWXqtJ7cFO8

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Cool bookmarked the right series then, different episode. Thanks dickeye.

BTW, Chelsea beat the 15th place team to climb into 15th place and we acted like we won the title. GO BLUES

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
:rip: Baron Bifford. He was too goon for this world.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

"Every gangster Dredd kills ends a cycle of violence" sounds like something Punisher 2099 would say.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

One of my friends posted this on my Facebook wall and now I'm very scared :ohdear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxEHi6Mlzmk

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

The 2004 musical Phantom of the Opera at least looks great. I don't care for the songs, but it's a really well shot and lit film.

There is no excuse for bad lighting on a multi-million dollar film.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The 2000s have created so many high budget musicals that seem to consider the music the least important aspect. I don't quite get it.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

MacheteZombie posted:

Cool bookmarked the right series then, different episode. Thanks dickeye.

BTW, Chelsea beat the 15th place team to climb into 15th place and we acted like we won the title. GO BLUES

this is what i get for not paying attention for a couple weeks, i didnt get to lol at chelmao being in literal last place

i did shake my head at my cousin's boyfriend on thanksgiving for being a man u fan tho

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I'm trying to listen to Moviebob's Avengers Review and I can't even last five minutes. The guy's like the worst college football booster I've ever had to share a seat with but for plastic action figure smashmovies gently caress him

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

i hate that guy. Especially his Pixels review.

Also, more alien pics incoming. This time, alien-eggs. And cross overs!

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Maxwell Lord posted:

Seyfried was all right in Mamma Mia, but also that was a dull movie so I was kinda focusing on anything that served as a distraction.

The biggest distraction in that movie for me was Pierce Brosnan's "singing" sounding more like a bear defending its young.

Edit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvTEvmhnAMk

Edit 2: Jesus, even Brosnan would have been better as the Phantom than Gerard loving Butler.

Egbert Souse posted:

The 2004 musical Phantom of the Opera at least looks great. I don't care for the songs, but it's a really well shot and lit film.

Oh my God, the work Schumacher and Mathieson did on that was gorgeous, and the production design was phenomenal. The way the songs were re-orchestrated was great, too. It's a shame that the rest of the cast save Wilson (and I guess you can make a weak argument for Rossum) was dogshit.

Edit again: I loving love the way this is put together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtYWlBgci-w

Timby fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Nov 28, 2015

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Harime Nui posted:

I'm trying to listen to Moviebob's Avengers Review and I can't even last five minutes. The guy's like the worst college football booster I've ever had to share a seat with but for plastic action figure smashmovies gently caress him
Every single thing he says is wrong. It's captivating.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Since we're on the subject of musicals, what was the last good one? Chicago?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Oh yeah, I totally meant to mention this earlier, but my favorite snack bar gave me a free freakin meal for my birthday!!!!!!!!!! This more than makes up for the lovely pizza.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Into the Woods was decent, but not brilliant.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

My wife would say Rent (oh my God gently caress that movie), but I'd go with Chicago, yeah, solely because of Richard Gere coming out of nowhere with a rockstar performance.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Y Kant Ozma Diet posted:

Team America

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I miss you more than Michael Bay missed the mark

When he made Pearl Harbor

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZUq592isxs

DOE DO YOU END YOUR DAYS WITH ME

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

One of my friends posted this on my Facebook wall and now I'm very scared :ohdear:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxEHi6Mlzmk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OXfAPPckQU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
My favorite musical is the original Wicker Man. All types of nuts.

• Locked thread