Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Double posting because i saw someone in the comments suggesting Moonshine, that would be a pro as gently caress name.

Fake Edit: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS - I'm drunk as hell and I have no idea what i'm doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

paradoxGentleman posted:

I assume this naming thing is only applicable to a demon in this unstable state, otherwise anyone with an interest in keeping them under control would just slap a bunch of names on every demon and slow their ascension to ebon significantly.

I think it's pretty clear from everyone else's reactions that what Alison's doing should not work period, and wouldn't work if anyone else tried it

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I think it's pretty clear from everyone else's reactions that what Alison's doing should not work period, and wouldn't work if anyone else tried it

Yep, also notice the key is very active in the last panel. Alison's doing something that shouldn't be possible.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
theres like 75 sutras you have to say just to buy a pack of cigarettes in Throne, much less bind a devil

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Forgall posted:

Also her forehead magic bullshit seems to be charging up, so her ability to just slap a mask and a name on a demon is probably unique.

This is what I was speculating earlier, yeah; if binding a devil were always this easy, it'd be the go-to option. Also the others wouldn't be reacting like they are now. Also also has anyone else noticed that the demon's face seems to be liquefying/melting where Allison is slamming the mask into it? That looks strange.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

It's the opposite. It is becoming solid around the mask. The liquid is trying to pull away from the binding properties of the mask.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I got the impression it was pouring into the mask.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
Honestly, to me it looks like the demon is a big sticky blob, and the mask has stuck to it.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I love how despite that fact that humans simply cast a shade she's still managing to not only get smashed but outdrink Vladok and this whole nonsense with the mask.

RoboCicero
Oct 22, 2009

"I'm sick and tired of reading these posts!"
shout out to the sad demon who is experiencing the chaotic black flame equivalent of having your new car stolen.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

RoboCicero posted:

shout out to the sad demon who is experiencing the chaotic black flame equivalent of having your new car stolen.

Moreso since I thought he already rejected the binding arrangement earlier.

ElMaligno posted:

Double posting because i saw someone in the comments suggesting Moonshine, that would be a pro as gently caress name.

Fake Edit: KILL SIX BILLION DEMONS - I'm drunk as hell and I have no idea what i'm doing.

Hey Operant, can you and Morbi do some more crossover fanarts? Magister Mary Moonshine sounds like a party.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Kill Six Billion Furries.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Just to gently caress up future demon summoners, she should name it Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious Steve.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
She should name it Mxyzptlk because she's a nerd.

Either that or Mrs. Flooflemittens.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I vote for juvenile and humiliating. Buttface McGee.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I just read all of this and it's cool but I have no idea what the gently caress is going on?

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Tetracube posted:

I just read all of this and it's cool but I have no idea what the gently caress is going on?

That's cool, neither does the protagonist.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I like ex-vladolf's sad face mask and then it gets bewildered about why it cannot take it off.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

RoboCicero posted:

i think it's more the equivalent of pulling out a gun in a bar, intending to shoot everyone and then yourself, only to have the person who pissed you off point at the gun and turn it into working in a soup kitchen for a month

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

atomicthumbs posted:

i think it's more the equivalent of pulling out a gun in a bar, intending to shoot everyone and then yourself, only to have the person who pissed you off point at the gun and turn it into working in a soup kitchen for a month

They're referring to the demon with the old mask, who the magisters were in the process of making a deal with earlier, not to The Demon Formerly Known as Vladok. You can see him in the first panel of the latest strip, bemoaning Allison taking his new mask.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

KSBD is now popular enough that it's exceeded its bandwidth limit. Congratulations!

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005

Green Intern posted:

KSBD is now popular enough that it's exceeded its bandwidth limit. Congratulations!

No that's the name of an angel: "509 Bandwith Limit Exceeded, Maliciously"

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

ReagaNOMNOMicks posted:

No that's the name of an angel: "509 Bandwith Limit Exceeded, Maliciously"

they served the Concordant Knights with valor alongside 715 Windows Encounters an Error

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
410 Gone decided reincarnation is for chumps and went.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
404 Angelic Temperament Displaced To The Void

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

505 Bad Gateway Error, Admonished

SHAOLIN FUCKFIEND
Jan 21, 2008

420 Blazing Sun Reaches New Heights

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

360 NORMAL VISION STRIKES THE APEX!!

Haystack fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Nov 27, 2015

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
666 Crawling In My Skin These Wounds They Will Not Heal

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

None of these angels must be great fighters since they died so often.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
418 Short Pot Brews Tea, Stoutly

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
99 Problems

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
1 A bitch Ain't

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

24601 A Prisoner, Unjustly Punished

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
She'll name him Six Billion Demons, off him, and end the comic.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
So that was amazing. Also, turns out my earlier theory about Cio having once been far more powerful once and having let her name degrade was right, though I didn't expect that. I wonder if her (presumably) still having that key is worth more than her losing ebon status. I'd assume so but ebon devils are supposed to be so rare and powerful (I think the number is in the single digits) that it's quite a lot to lose, even in exchange for a key.

Also, the text below the comic is great.

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Nov 28, 2015

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I feel sorry for Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Daniels Thimoty Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire

“You wanna fight me too?” lmao

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Poor Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire is really regretting her decisions right now.

Although she apparently picked up a law degree somewhere in the process, which will probably be convenient :v:

Begemot fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Nov 28, 2015

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

All hail PRINCESS MAMORU MOONSHINE JAGERMEISTER JACK JACCK DANIELS TIMOTHY TIM BILL FREDDY MERCURY BLUEBERRY LUNA ESQ

long may her enemies tremble

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Arise, Princess Mamoru Moonshine Jagermeister Jack Jack Daniels Timothy Tim Bill Freddy Mercury Blueberry Luna, Esquire, and render the heavens unto dust