Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the fight with maria is what ive always wanted in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zodar
May 21, 2007

Bobnumerotres posted:

chalice rom is still the worst boss ever. gently caress those spiders randomly oneshotting you and gently caress rom's struggle attack where he's untouchable for as long as he feels like

The worst fight is Chalice Paarl, actually, and the nicest thing I can say about him is that there's no real reason to beat him

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

you can get paarl's pattern down and you can also leave him chargeless the whole fight, hes easy. his hitboxes are bullshit and the framerate loving up your dodges though lol

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

this game is so great

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

cleric beast is kicking my rear end, have to get my timing down..

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tumor looking batty posted:

this game is so great

i had 100+ hours in it pre-dlc, fittin to put in 100 more

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

only complaints about the game:
1. having to farm for bloodvials instead of them just being filled for free every time you reload an area
2. not being able to teleport between lanterns or heal+reset at them so you have to sit through extra loading screens for no reason
3. all of the huge boss monsters having wonky rear end hitboxes as a lazy solution to players getting under them

otherwise it is perfect and those are rly minor complaints. although they are frustrating when youre dying a lot

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The lantern travelin was extra brutal on release when loading screens were -no poo poo- 40 seconds exactly.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
loving axe fish guys. fuckers. dickheads.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Bobnumerotres posted:

chalice rom is still the worst boss ever. gently caress those spiders randomly oneshotting you and gently caress rom's struggle attack where he's untouchable for as long as he feels like

rom is a girl

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

The lantern travelin was extra brutal on release when loading screens were -no poo poo- 40 seconds exactly.

the load times are still horrible IMO. why does it take 20 seconds to load a checkpoint for the area i was just in

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

Ok I murked the two huge fish guys cause I put the visceral up rune on and they are insanely easy to visceral but my new (and old) most hated enemy are the retard frenzy brain guys gently caress them

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Run past them to get the blood rock imo.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

I did but I hate them

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Frenzy should just take you down to 1 health no matter what your insight is instead of killing you if you have more than like 5

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

Frenzy should just take you down to 1 health no matter what your insight is instead of killing you if you have more than like 5

Frenzy does fixed damage. All insight does is changes how fast it procs.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Gamings ambrosia

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

My mind at work: "Bloodbornebloodbornebloodbornebloodbornebloodbornebloodborneblood"

gonna play all night since its my day off tomorrow

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

The official bloodborne twitter just tweeted a seriously cryptic image of a stack of bloodborne/dlc copies with Demons Souls on top that everyone seems to think is a tease for a ps4 port
Edit https://t.co/HO80l8ksqX

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hemwick should have continued past the witch and into the big castle you can see on the coast to become even more of a resident evil 4 remake.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Benny D posted:

The official bloodborne twitter just tweeted a seriously cryptic image of a stack of bloodborne/dlc copies with Demons Souls on top that everyone seems to think is a tease for a ps4 port
Edit https://t.co/HO80l8ksqX

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Yeah Bro posted:

Frenzy does fixed damage. All insight does is changes how fast it procs.

Really? I coulda swore it did more damage when I had more insight but maybe I just ha my vitality too low cause it was insta killing me if I didn't use a sedative. Thanks for te clarification

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

the offhand fist weapon is not nearly as cool as i'd hoped.. you cant put gems in it, and it doesnt set up parries. what the hell

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

theres at least a dozen bloodstone chunks in yahar'gul, so maybe try after there

Betwern yhargul and nightmare frontier i got +9 for my cane and holy sward

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Evil Eagle posted:

Hemwick should have continued past the witch and into the big castle you can see on the coast to become even more of a resident evil 4 remake.

of course this was the area I missed first playthrough, lol. cainhurst is cool but these ticks are kicking my rear end.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Evil Eagle posted:

of course this was the area I missed first playthrough, lol. cainhurst is cool but these ticks are kicking my rear end.

u don't really have to fight them.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

the DLC is cool so far but goddamn are these machine gun mosquito fuckers in the river annoying

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

I took the red line down to park street but my mind was dancing with father garciones move set

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i like how if you keep following that blood river in the DLC the other way you just run into progressively more hosed up things until you fight a loving bloodletting beast and minigun NPC hunter simultaneously jesus christ tell me theres a blood rock in here or something

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

theres a weapon? and you get the guy's gatling gun if you kill him

Dec 26, 2012

Bobnumerotres posted:

i like how if you keep following that blood river in the DLC the other way you just run into progressively more hosed up things until you fight a loving bloodletting beast and minigun NPC hunter simultaneously jesus christ tell me theres a blood rock in here or something

its only simultaneous if you ran straight the gently caress in for some reason. i recommend not doing that

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

01011001 posted:

its only simultaneous if you ran straight the gently caress in for some reason. i recommend not doing that

I just did that, I recommend doing that.

also man I love this weapon. it's so bloody.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

are there any dlc enemies that drop chunks? i was hoping the huge cthulhu motherfuckers would

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright I just took out my MGSV disc for the first time since September. It's Old Hunters time baby

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

beauty

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Hail satan

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Planning on doing arcane, hopefully there's a cool arcane wep in the DLC.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Planning on doing arcane, hopefully there's a cool arcane wep in the DLC.

there's...after the last boss of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeah Bro
Feb 4, 2012

apropos to nothing posted:

Really? I coulda swore it did more damage when I had more insight but maybe I just ha my vitality too low cause it was insta killing me if I didn't use a sedative. Thanks for te clarification

It's 80% of your max HP. The trick that makes it more lethal to low vit characters is that the brain ladies do damage over time while they build up your frenzy, and that isn't percentage based, so a low vit character can't stand in their line of sight for as long as a high vit one.