Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
Holy god :gonk: that rivals even Soul Eater in creepiness!!

DrSunshine fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Nov 26, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Hey I have an idea how about don't talk about the spoiler image outside of spoiler tags

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Hey I have an idea how about don't talk about the spoiler image outside of spoiler tags

Chalupa Picada
Jan 13, 2009

clearly raws from attack on titan

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

invisible hands using invisible fingers to make a wicked scary face

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

It's like someone told the T-800 to smile

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
When AfO said he was born twisted, he wasn't lying. Holy poo poo that's disturbing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The group that translates this manga said they can't get any raws so we'll have to wait for the official release.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Nobuhiko Okamoto is Bakugou.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Condiv posted:

He wouldn't even need to wrap her completely to reduce her effectiveness. Remember, she used to go naked (or close to it to maximize the effectiveness of her quirk). Just by covering her more he reduces the effectiveness of her quirk. Combined with Mineta's ability to pin her down and he is her worst nightmare in a number of ways.

If Sero was able to cover up her skin, he would also be able to just capture her. I imagine it's prohibitively difficult to do such a thing to a professional hero like Midnight. It's like saying "why couldn't Midoriya solo Stain by just repeatedly punching him in the face while he stands there"; yeah, it's physically possible given his quirk,. but the enemy can easily avoid it happening.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Ytlaya posted:

If Sero was able to cover up her skin, he would also be able to just capture her. I imagine it's prohibitively difficult to do such a thing to a professional hero like Midnight. It's like saying "why couldn't Midoriya solo Stain by just repeatedly punching him in the face while he stands there"; yeah, it's physically possible given his quirk,. but the enemy can easily avoid it happening.

Yeah, Midnight is in her, what? Twenties? Early thirties? She's bound to have had supervillain opponents that have attempted to cover up her gas-based power and given that she's been successful at her career, I'm sure that she found creative ways to avoid or adapt to such attempts.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

DrSunshine posted:

Yeah, Midnight is in her, what? Twenties? Early thirties? She's bound to have had supervillain opponents that have attempted to cover up her gas-based power and given that she's been successful at her career, I'm sure that she found creative ways to avoid or adapt to such attempts.

Of course, but sero isn't the only threat, mineta is also there and she has to perfectly block both their attacks or she is quickly incapacitated. Any way you look at it the match was severely stacked against her. She's only really effective at short range and both her opponents are long range and can quickly disable her if she makes a mistake. The only real advantage she has is her experience.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Nobuhiko Okamoto is Bakugou.

how good is this guy at yelling obscenities, on a scale of 1 to 10?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Inflammatory posted:

He's played Rin in Blue Exorcist, Origami Cyclone in Tiger & Bunny, Daichi in Devil Survivor 2, and Eiji in Bakuman.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Condiv posted:

Of course, but sero isn't the only threat, mineta is also there and she has to perfectly block both their attacks or she is quickly incapacitated. Any way you look at it the match was severely stacked against her. She's only really effective at short range and both her opponents are long range and can quickly disable her if she makes a mistake. The only real advantage she has is her experience.

Her experience (which also almost certainly includes general physical ability; she's probably also faster/stronger than Mineta/Sero) is a kind of massive advantage that vastly outweighs the advantage of Mineta and Sero's quirks, though. Mineta and Sero are both children, and it isn't that surprising that Midnight would be able to avoid their attacks.

Your point is sort of like saying that two fit teenagers should be able to beat up a professional boxer because it shouldn't be hard for them to land a hit with their advantage in numbers.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
The thing is, yeah, Sero and Mineta had a way to beat Midnight, but that was kind of the point. The challenges weren't meant to be completely insurmountable. To use another example, yeah Eraserhead is a good counter to two students who rely on their powerful quirks, since if he can nullify them he has the advantage, but on the flip side if Hot Coldman and Creati can make use of their quirks, they have the overwhelming advantage.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I think the way I would put it is that if Midnight were going all-out, Sero and Mineta would have gotten their asses handed to him (as would any of the other students versus their respective teachers). But the point of the exercise was that the teachers would leave an opening for the students to exploit, if they were good enough at thinking on their feet to take advantage of it. Ashido and Kaminari could have beelined the crane, taken it out of commission, and then gtfo because now the principal can't stop them. For Sero and Mineta, Midnight decided to be very lazy in her approach--I'm sure that when she's actually trying, she is pretty much right on top of you immediately and now you're asleep--she gave them a chance to keep their distance and make use of their range, and they botched it. Sero was good enough to save Mineta at least, but he could have easily avoided that situation in the first place.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Ytlaya posted:

Her experience (which also almost certainly includes general physical ability; she's probably also faster/stronger than Mineta/Sero) is a kind of massive advantage that vastly outweighs the advantage of Mineta and Sero's quirks, though. Mineta and Sero are both children, and it isn't that surprising that Midnight would be able to avoid their attacks.

Your point is sort of like saying that two fit teenagers should be able to beat up a professional boxer because it shouldn't be hard for them to land a hit with their advantage in numbers.

and yet mineta was able to land that hit. perhaps her experience would put her completely out of the two of them's league, but that's a moot point because she can't bring that into full effect. she has to leave them an avenue to win. it still doesn't change the fact that of all the pair-ups, mineta and sero had the easiest because of their natural advantages over their opponent.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Inflammatory posted:

He's Accelerator so pretty good.

First vid is Accelerator Cocky and Angry, Second vid is him being crazy and terrifying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NV2fR2cdRQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7xdIjiZTVQ

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Inflammatory posted:

Waffleman_ posted:

He's played Origami Cyclone in Tiger & Bunny

That's...

...not inspiring.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
He was pretty decent as Blue Exorcist's Rin, so I have a bit of faith he'll pull it off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqlDjkvzU-I
Because for some reason I can't embed a video with a time stamp, it's around the one minute mark he starts getting passionate.

Please don't watch the Blue Exorcist anime, it is bad.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

That's...

...not inspiring.

Yes, because as we all know, voice actors never have any range. Listen to yourself.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

kinmik posted:

He was pretty decent as Blue Exorcist's Rin, so I have a bit of faith he'll pull it off.
Because for some reason I can't embed a video with a time stamp, it's around the one minute mark he starts getting passionate.

That sounds about right for Bakugou. Maybe needs to go just a touch deeper.

Jintor
May 19, 2014

kinmik posted:

The movie, though, inexplicably, is amazing. Not really in terms of story, just in terms of... like, tone.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Scans for the Korean version are up.

Summary:
Shigaraki is curious as to why people are paying attention to the Hero Killer but not him, reasoning that both of them are the same, since they both just destroyed what they didn't like. The appearance of the two followers of Stain has furthered his annoyance, especially since one of them has completely different values from Stain.

He tells Deku not to give him away, and explains that once all 5 of his fingers touch something, it starts to disintegrate. It can turn Deku to dust in a minute. Deku counters by saying that this will bring about heroes, to which Shigaraki points out that he can kill 20 to 30 more people in the time it takes heroes to arrive. He also goes on about how people are able to laugh and relax despite the fact that they live in a world with quirks, pointing out that the reason they're able to do so is because there are rules, which mistakenly lead them to believe that "something like that would never happen."

So Deku and Shigaraki get to talking, and Deku finds out that Stain and the Villain Alliance weren't really a team. In fact, Shigaraki finds Stain the most irritating. He's pissed off that nobody's looking at him, and asks Deku the difference between himself and Stain.

Uravity decides to go back to apologize. It's definitely not because she wants to shop with Deku!

Deku says that while he can't understand or accept the Villain Alliance, he could understand Stain, even if he couldn't accept Stain's ideals. This is because All Might serves as the origin for both him and Stain. He also points out that Stain saved him, so contrary to Shigaraki's claim, Stain wasn't someone who just destroyed because he felt like it. He believes that even though Stain acted differently, both he and Stain attempted to live according to their ideals.

Shigaraki realizes that the reason he hates Stain and Deku so much is all because of All Might (that face). He concludes that the trash (people) laughing around him do so because All Might himself is always laughing. And then he states that All Might laughs "as if there was nobody that he couldn't save."

He notes that Stain messed up by acting according to his morals and ideals and not killing him.

Uravity finds the two of them, tells Shigaraki to get his hand off Deku. Shigaraki leaves, and as he does, Deku asks him what All-For-One's plan is. Shigaraki claims not to know.

Shigaraki reflects on Stain's words that killing intent without a creed is meaningless, saying that he always had a creed. 'A world without All Might.' He wants to show the world just how weak justice is.

In other words, everything is about All Might.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I really like Shigaraki's design and I hope we continue to see him without his facepalm thing occasionally.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Shigaraki: "Wanna know why I wear a Hand on my face? It's to make me look less creepy!"

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
MHA 4-koma. Have at them: http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Boku-no-Hero-Academia-Smash

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

first page, bottom left panel.

sidekick cum manager.

can someone please explain that to me?

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

Inflammatory posted:

sidekick cum manager.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/cum#English

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

sidekick cum manager.

To be fair, they misphrased it. "Sidekick-cum-manager" is quite different from "Sidekick cum manager".

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

please change my name to Sidekick Cum Manager

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

DrSunshine posted:

To be fair, they misphrased it. "Sidekick-cum-manager" is quite different from "Sidekick cum manager".

The power of punctuation!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh dang, just noticed something I missed when looking through this (the not-yet-translated) chapter before: When Shigaraki starts shouting and choking Deku, there's a flashback panel in the middle with what appears to be a little kid, covered in blood, staring down at a pool of blood and a severed hand. I don't think Shigaraki was being metaphorical or referring to AfO when he started talking to his "father" after the hand was knocked off his face back as USJ. This, combined with his yelling about how everyone's deluded into thinking there's justice and peace, is starting to make his history clearer.

I wonder what exactly happened with his father there, if he died in a disaster or was murdered, or if Shigaraki killed him himself, presumably accidentally (that disintegration quirk of his manifesting when he grows up seems like the sort of thing that would cause... Problems).

Roland Jones fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Nov 29, 2015

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Roland Jones posted:

Oh dang, just noticed something I missed when looking through this (the not-yet-translated) chapter before: When Shigaraki starts shouting and choking Deku, there's a flashback panel in the middle with what appears to be a little kid, covered in blood, staring down at a pool of blood and a severed hand. I don't think Shigaraki was being metaphorical or referring to AfO when he started talking to his "father" after the hand was knocked off his face back as USJ. This, combined with his yelling about how everyone's deluded into thinking there's justice and peace, is starting to make his history clearer.

I wonder what exactly happened with his father there, if he died in a disaster or was murdered, or if Shigaraki killed him himself, presumably accidentally (that disintegration quirk of his manifesting when he grows up seems like the sort of thing that would cause... Problems).

I'm inclined to belief that All Might failed to save Shigaraki's father, given how Shigaraki is saying how All Might "as if there was nobody that he couldn't save." By which I don't just mean that All Might tried to save Shigaraki's father and failed, but more something along the lines of Shigaraki's father was one of the countless people who All Might never knew about, and could never save as a result. All Might is the strongest hero around, sure, but he's not infallible. He can't be everywhere and he can't really save people that he doesn't know are in danger. But's he's pretty much the face of the entire hero world, so Shigaraki latches onto him as a result.

Shigaraki is probably someone who fell through the cracks, given that he's unregistered. He's not in the system, so he presumably could never benefit from a proper education. Maybe there are circumstances behind his family and whatnot, since AFO says he was twisted at birth.

It's really interesting, and I really like how the manga plays around with the heroes creating villains thing, even if indirectly. The corruption that Stain perceived within the world of heroes led to his rise as the Hero Killer, and Shigaraki himself becomes a properly motivated villain because he realizes that what he wants is a world without All Might.

So far, All Might has inspired the following characters: Deku, Bakugou, Todoroki, Stain, and Shigaraki, with Stain himself inspiring (against his wishes) a new age of villains.

It's all very fascinating.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Roland Jones posted:

I think it'd be kinda hard to accidentally kill someone with his ability since it seems the disintegration isn't instant.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

http://manga.famatg.com/read/my_hero_academia/en/0/69/page/1

What's wrong with your faaaace

Terper fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Nov 30, 2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's like his face gets more and more hosed up looking in every panel.

Also ahahaha, talking to the villain having the literal opposite effect to what it always does in shounen. This manga owns.

Horikoshi seems back on his game artwise now.

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

RatHat posted:

I think it'd be kinda hard to accidentally kill someone with his ability since it seems the disintegration isn't instant.

His ability might not need him to keep in contact, if I am reading it right. It might be like some kind of fast-acting rot - once it starts working, it keeps doing its thing until what he touched has turned to dust. We can't use Aizawa's arm shattering as a specific yardstick for measuring Shigaraki's ability, because Aizawa turned off his quirk as soon as he noticed it start working. Shigaraki mentions he could probably kill as many as 30 people before a single hero in a mall for superheroes could stop him, it can't possibly require him to just stand there and hold them down until they disappear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Goddamn, that page! Wow!