Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

duckfarts posted:

dammit

guess I need to put some points into sticks. I did hear shishkebab is back and not necessarily gimped like in nv

you'll get your rear end chewed up by explosives but melee is a super viable way to play a whole bunch of FO4 as long as you tank up a bit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yodzilla posted:

you'll get your rear end chewed up by explosives but melee is a super viable way to play a whole bunch of FO4 as long as you tank up a bit
pain train is a good perk

u sprint into a crowd, stagger everyone and then start swinging until theyre all dead

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

triple sulk posted:

i bought wolfenstein and its extremely cool and good

:agreed:

I installed it on an ssd and the load times are still considerable. Not too bad but there. Is that a cpu issue? Like unpacking assets?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
wolfenstein is good but I wasn't expecting this "war is hell boo hoo so much grief" tone

also 3d blazkowicz reminds me of john cena

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
i think it's blazko realising everything he did before waking up meant and did nothing to the world.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
informal poll, how bad do you have to want a game to be willing to suffer uplay with it

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Iridium posted:

informal poll, how bad do you have to want a game to be willing to suffer uplay with it

ubi toned down uplay and it's intrusiveness a while ago

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

computer parts posted:

so, Her Story was interesting

there was enough evidence in either direction that you didn't know if it was twins or split personality

I think it's pretty unambiguously the first one, given the tattoos~

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
i started off as melee in f04 then i picked up a gun and started blowing heads off so i used the console to redistribute all my poo poo and now im a shotmans

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pinterest Mom posted:

yeah, the thing is that the story they tell makes a lot more sense with the second one, but there's just enough physical evidence for the first one that you can't really tell

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Iridium posted:

so bad that im willing to spend the time and effort to circumvent uplay entirely

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Iridium posted:

it's now just obnoxious in the way in-game checkpoint achievement popups for mundane tasks are, instead of being actively malicious

they still blatantly remove small pieces of the game as an excuse to pop up and give you u-points so you can unlock them - "look, we're useful!"

e: I will pay up to $10 more for a non-uplay version if it's available, but it's generally not

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 28, 2015

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

duckfarts posted:

dammit

guess I need to put some points into sticks. I did hear shishkebab is back and not necessarily gimped like in nv

really the super sledge is all you need, especially with the stun upgrade. it's the only way to survive in melee range without VATS otherwise you get staggered and eat poo poo.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Pinterest Mom posted:

computer parts posted:

yeah, the thing is that the story they tell makes a lot more sense with the second one, but there's just enough physical evidence for the first one that you can't really tell

i went from thinking it was split personality to thinking it was twins but then there's one scene that makes me think it COULD be split personality since one said that the other no longer exists

EITHER WAY i feel like Hannah is the liar and that Eve tells the truth. Hannah is the one who did the killing. also Hannah likes tea and Eve drinks coffee

it's a real neat game

mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just Cause 3 looks hilarious

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Iridium posted:

uplay is fine, Ubisoft games however...

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

mad.radhu posted:

the rational part of me can't justify another goddamn open world game but

it's just cause 3

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

where do you live, uzbeki-beki-beki-stan-stan

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

duckfarts posted:

also when can I find something better than these bladed knucs for punchin dudes

swan pond. get ready for a fight

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

isn't this game made by Brad "I'm going to gleefully fire half my employees if Obama is elected" "deathly bee allergies don't exist and I'm going to prove it by terrorizing my employees with my bees" "rapist" Wardell

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Al! posted:

isn't this game made by Brad "I'm going to gleefully fire half my employees if Obama is elected" "deathly bee allergies don't exist and I'm going to prove it by terrorizing my employees with my bees" "rapist" Wardell

YEP

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

mad.radhu posted:

I might break the 20$ rule to get it.

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
from the videos i watched it didn't seem like JC3 really adds anything new or cool enough to justify it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Al! posted:

"deathly bee allergies don't exist and I'm going to prove it by terrorizing my employees with my bees"

story pls

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

i went from thinking it was split personality to thinking it was twins but then there's one scene that makes me think it COULD be split personality since one said that the other no longer exists

If we're thinking about the same scene, I think the actual wording was someone like how are you going to arrest someone who doesn't exist, i.e. is not in the system and doesn't "exist" to the authorities

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

haveblue posted:

story pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPc9Z2Dn94U

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Pinterest Mom posted:

If we're thinking about the same scene, I think the actual wording was someone like how are you going to arrest someone who doesn't exist, i.e. is not in the system and doesn't "exist" to the authorities

there's that, but there's another scene where she says Hannah's gone, and she's never coming back. So either Eve murdered her, Hannah's on the run, or the "Hannah" personality is gone.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Al! posted:

I played the 04 election version and I remember thinking the way to win was basically espouse libertarianism. Then I read anything about Brad Wardell as a person and was like ohhhhhhhh now I get it

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Al! posted:

whoa now that's a list of accolades :eyepop:

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

computer parts posted:

there's that, but there's another scene where she says Hannah's gone, and she's never coming back. So either Eve murdered her, Hannah's on the run, or the "Hannah" personality is gone.

oh, yeah, I deffo read that as on the run.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

kalstrams posted:

whoa now that's a list of accolades :eyepop:

not really a rapist, more of a sexual harasser who sued his accuser into silence

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

well not silence per se, he did force her to publicly apologize as part of the settlement. it's really an object lesson that basically you need to make absolutely sure that the company signs off that they received and are good with every piece of property and all data you have handed back to them when you resign because of a hostile work environment

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
picked up endless legend and its expansions in the sale

it's a fun 4x game! i like the weird factions, and the ui is sleek and the game world is pretty

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

endless legend is actually rock solid, good call

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
is the endless legend ai any good and is it actually challenging to play? or is it like civ v

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

this is a long shot but is there a super cut of all the bad fake street talk across the deus ex games

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

super fart shooter posted:

is the endless legend ai any good and is it actually challenging to play? or is it like civ v

there was actually a major ai overhaul released in a free patch last week, so i dont know if anyone can really say if the ai is good or not right now

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

just finished a neutral run of undertale

flowey is a thing alright

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Notorious QIG posted:

just finished a neutral run of undertale

flowey is a thing alright

I really liked the sudden change in art style. are you doing a murder run or a cry run next

• Locked thread