Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
“And it won’t be long and they’re going to take our churches away,” Ackley added. “It’s not going to be long and they’re not going to allow us to have our Bibles. And I was placed on this Earth by God to fight for him, and over my dead body.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Volume posted:

“And it won’t be long and they’re going to take our churches away,” Ackley added. “It’s not going to be long and they’re not going to allow us to have our Bibles. And I was placed on this Earth by God to fight for him, and over my dead body.”

lol

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
(Re: Why do atheist complain about Christianity more than Islam)

Because we are their real enemies.

Islam, atheism, buddhism, hinduism etc. all play for Team Satan.

Christians play for Team Jesus.

This is a Team Jesus vs. Team Satan fight.

Team Jesus wins.

You need to pick a team to play for and if you don't pick a team you get to join Team Satan by default.
That's how this game plays, the Atheists instinctively know we are their real enemy.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WKxsQlUbb4&t=43s

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
One of my friends owns a used bookstore and she gets bibles through a lot, mainly from book estates where she just buys all their books. She started putting them behind the counter though because they were by far her #1 stolen item.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
(CNN) -- School administrators in Ohio voted Friday to begin the process of firing a middle school teacher accused of burning a cross into a student's arm and refusing to keep his religious beliefs out of the classroom.

The Mount Vernon School Board passed a resolution to terminate the employment of John Freshwater, an eighth-grade science teacher for the past 21 years.

Freshwater, according to an independent report, used an electrostatic device to mark a cross on the arm of one of his students, causing pain to the student the night of the incident and leaving a mark that lasted for approximately three weeks.

According to the Ohio Department of Education, the student's family has filed a lawsuit.

Freshwater was also reprimanded several times for refusing to move his Bible from his classroom desk and teaching creationism alongside evolution, according to the 15-page independent report. The report also cites evidence that Mr. Freshwater told his students that "science is wrong because the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin and so anyone who is gay chooses to be gay and is therefore a sinner."

The Board of Education of the Mount Vernon City School District met in special session Friday to address the case.

Freshwater has the option to contest the process by requesting a formal hearing before the Board of Education. Neither Freshwater nor his attorney could be reached by CNN for comment.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBWoIH7eJKw

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Volume posted:

(CNN) -- School administrators in Ohio voted Friday to begin the process of firing a middle school teacher accused of burning a cross into a student's arm and refusing to keep his religious beliefs out of the classroom.

The Mount Vernon School Board passed a resolution to terminate the employment of John Freshwater, an eighth-grade science teacher for the past 21 years.

Freshwater, according to an independent report, used an electrostatic device to mark a cross on the arm of one of his students, causing pain to the student the night of the incident and leaving a mark that lasted for approximately three weeks.

According to the Ohio Department of Education, the student's family has filed a lawsuit.

Freshwater was also reprimanded several times for refusing to move his Bible from his classroom desk and teaching creationism alongside evolution, according to the 15-page independent report. The report also cites evidence that Mr. Freshwater told his students that "science is wrong because the Bible states that homosexuality is a sin and so anyone who is gay chooses to be gay and is therefore a sinner."

The Board of Education of the Mount Vernon City School District met in special session Friday to address the case.

Freshwater has the option to contest the process by requesting a formal hearing before the Board of Education. Neither Freshwater nor his attorney could be reached by CNN for comment.
More like :whitewater:

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

I remember this. This was an episode of "Wife Swap," a reality show where two women from contrasting families would switch places with each other; this mom is an Evangelical who was placed in a houseful of neo-Pagans while the neo-Pagan mom went to live with her own family. IIRC all the people in the neo-Pagan family were super-nice, but the Evangelical mom couldn't handle having to live by their rules.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

But she was okay with being on a show called "Wife Swap"

And pocketing $50K

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
I think that lady assumed she'd just tell the neo-Pagans about Jesus and BAM! they'd say the Sinner's Prayer and convert. Evangelicals often think that the truth of the Gospel is so self-evident that the only reason more people don't embrace it is because they've simply never heard it. (That's why you have adult Americans in Chick Tracts who express surprise at concepts like "Jesus died for our sins" or "Christians go to Heaven after they die" or "Hell is a horrible place and not a never-ending party." "Why didn't someone tell me this before?" they ask.) Part of the reason she's so frustrated at the "dark-sided" family is because they heard the Gospel and rejected it. Again, the Gospel is self-evident, so the only reason to not accept it once you've heard it is because you've willingly chosen to be evil and wrong! :razz:

(There's no real excuse for her taking money from people she believed to be evil and spending it on herself, though.)

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I like the moments when you look into the children's eyes and you can tell that they're wishing they had a different mom

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-god-warrior

The God Warrior posted:

In a recent prank phone call made to Marguerite’s house, she told the prankster that the show was heavily edited and not everything was necessarily as it appeared on television. She continued to defend both families involved, explaining that even her host family were portrayed in a very warped and “disrespectful” way, and that it wasn’t true. She stated that she actually liked her host family and that they got along fairly well

Now, you expect a reality show to be heavily edited, but I can't think of any combination of camera/audio trickery that would've concocted that speech from whole cloth. So, unless they cut out a bit at the beginning where she says, "This is what a total nutball behaves like", then I'm pretty sure she's got problems.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
aaron Paul @aaarrrooonnn

Google no thanks for the evolution banner. Your promoting a unproven fairytale. The truth is GOD created the heavens and the earth.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

God is like electricity; everywhere, ready to be utilized and ready to participate in some action. Electricity comes in many forms, from harsh lightning to harmless static electricity, but they are of the same essence.

Repo Man
Nov 19, 2005

Some typical posts by this guy (he registered on many forums and posted this sort of thing until he was banned):

In reply to: (Way off topic, but I couldn't help myself)You want human population to expand? You do know overpopulation is a problem, right? The most natural and elegant outlet for reproductive urges, is, reproduction. Of course I want the human population to expand. Continued population growth is great progress for humanity. More and more people would be glad to live, and most everybody wants children. That pretty much necessitates human population expansion.Those over-educated population control freaks in their air-conditioned ivory towers, don't know much what they are talking about when they fret over the supposed human "overpopulation." There are just too many ways that more human population can be accomodated to advocate preventing the births of fellow humans who very much would want to live, and are much the same as us.Although the reason to fill an "empty" planet may not seem quite as relevant as in the Biblical times that God commanded people to be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth, the earth is still nowhere near "full" of people either and has much room for lots more people, if ever need be or should human populations manage to grow a lot larger. Most of the great reasons to have children, still are just as valid as ever. We have only lost but one. That the earth isn't so "empty" anymore. But God commanded people to multiply, not to prevent an "empty" planet so much as to welcome all the more people to live and experience life, I believe. Thus, and considering that God has never rescinded that commandment and our reproductive drives are as strong as ever, it is just as relevant in today's world of burgeoning billions. Large families should be encouraged worldwide, so that all the more people may live. Even more so, considering all the more technology now available that is scalable to better support large and growing populations of people.I am pro-life, but the pro-life position is more logically consistant when it is also pro-population. It is good for children to grow up with brothers and sisters, for parents to be more experienced in raising children (parents with children to keep having more), and for children to grow up with siblings to better condition them to live and thrive in a populous world and for the richer family experience.In reply to: As for marrying teens, I think this would lead to more people and more heartbreak.More people? More people on the planet is good. All these people aren't just numbers, but people's friends, children, and relatives. More heartbreak? Perhaps younger marriage is not for everybody, but for more people. Why struggle to abstain from sex for a prolonged time, if you know who to marry and are fairly ready? Overall, Americans in general procrastinate marriage too long. Parents used to marry off their children younger, to prevent things like children being born outside of wedlock. There also used to be better customs and more chaperones to prevent improper (sexual) behavior, before marriage.How young is too young? Hard to say. I am not going to judge nations that let people marry as young as 13. Some couples, especially in other cultures, may be ready by then. Mary, the mother of Jesus, was thought to be around 14, by Bible scholars, when she was to be joined in marriage to Joseph. And still a virgin until after the birth of Jesus. One example: at a Church I once went to, they married a couple where the guy was 18, and she was 17. But everybody thought they were ready, and old enough. The Church, parents, all that. I think so too. I certainly makes a lot more sense than today's loose sexual immorality.In reply to: People change a lot in their teens and early twenties. You'd see a lot more kids without moms or dads and this is already a problem. Personally, marrying in the late twenties is your best bet.If earlier marriage was encouraged, and more responsibility, you would see more children with both moms and dads, and a more family-friendly society. There are likely many people who could marry before their early or late twenties.In reply to: Don't worry about morning wood, there's more important issues like where the wood has been. Yeah, have to agree with you there. Good point.

In reply to: You don't know what God said. Sure I do. I is clearly in the Bible. In Genesis 1:28, 9:1. Be fruitful and multiply and fill the earth. Now that the world is no longer so empty of people as way back in Biblical times, and humans number into the billions, God still has never rescinded that command, nor taken away human reproductive urges. The world isn't anywhere near "full" either. Genesis 24:60 in the King James Version, prophecies that there would be "thousands of millions" of people at some point in the future. That sounds like today's burgeoning billions, all of whom are immensely valuable and should also be able to be conceived and enjoy life.To multiply and fill the earth, would imply for people to marry and not use "preventative measures" to limit family size. That humans are supposed to produce successive generations that grow larger and more populous than the previous generations. That we should welcome natural increase of human populations throughout the world. After all, to grow in numbers is great progress for humanity. To convert more relatively worthless food or matter into additional human bodies of immense worth, is a great "investment" at least philosophically. Mere plants and food can't experience or enjoy life. Humans can. Humans should be proud to grow as abundant as God would allow.

In reply to: The summer I turned 16 I went to church camp in New York State. We chartered a greyhoud type bus. Of course I didn't masturbate the entire week, and I don't remember how long it had been before I went. Anyway, I was sleeping on the way home and started having a pretty hot dream. I woke up realizing I was having an orgasm! Wet dream on the bus! With kids all around me. Fortunately, I don't believe anyone noticed. Yeah, sleeping seems to be one of the common causes of erections. So to is riding a bus. I hear having a penis is prone to cause erections too.I wouldn't think anything of seeing somebody get a boner on the bus while asleep, because the movement of the bus, tiredness, dreams, a full bladder, anything, could be making a young guy hard, and he may not even know it. Just let the person sleep and say nothing. I can't recall seeing anybody get hard on a bus, because you can't really see all that many people anyways.I recall when I was younger, getting really hard on the bus, but then nobody could tell as the bus is often one of the easiest places to hide erections. I often got boners in class too, and having a big 7" penis, I think a couple of people may have noticed the long, stiff, very persistant, bulge that quickly grew down my leg and would not go down for some time. Sometimes even the oozing precum might have spotted just a little. But normally people wouldn't say much or think it any big deal, and I saw a few classmates get hard-ons in class on a few occasions. Nobody seemed to let on if they had noticed though. A cabin-mate at my summer camp got really hard in the showers, but nobody said anything or seemed to care.And yeah, most people on a bus are probably looking out the windows or sleeping themselves, to pay much attention to anybody else.

From his other POF profile:

Repo Man fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Nov 26, 2015

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I walk and talk with Jesus every day (litterally, as I walk to work). I find nothing surprising about what he (Todd Bentley) said. Jesus has appeared to me before...more in a vision than like the many who say He walked right into their room.

Jesus does come into meetings all the time. I see Him dancing over our praise many times in services. I see him smiling and winking at me... Oh, the beauty of Jesus! I wish you guys had some kind of experience with Him, rather than just arguments.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

IncredibleIgloo
Feb 17, 2011

Wouldn't a woman who is beautiful on the inside and outside be considered smoking hot? It seems like every single post in that picture was written by someone who either can not write, or does not grasp the English language.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Atheism is an Anti-christian conspiracy created by the Jesuits.

In 1776 a Jesuit named Adam Weishaupt created the Order of the Illuminati. One of the main goals of the Illuminati was to destroy theistic beliefs (namely Christianity). Adam Weishaupt also created Jacobinism which was responsible for the French Revolution, the atheistic Cult of Reason and the establishment of the Manifesto of Human Rights to replace God's Law.

Then the Jesuits started pushing a number of erroneous theories to "prove" that there isn't a God.

The Big Bang Theory has its roots in the Kaballah and was pushed by a Jesuit named Georges Lemaître.

Heliocentrism is a fraud.

A Jesuit named Leon Foucault invented a contrivance that was supposed to prove that the Earth rotates.

Pierre Telhard de Chardin another Jesuit was responsible for the Piltdown man hoax, which was supposed to prove Evolution. Evolution has its roots in Ancient Egypt with the idea of transmutation of species where it was taught that a monkey would magically turn into a human.

More Paleontology Hoaxes

The final hoax in this fraud to discredit the Bible is going to be a fake staged alien invasion. Expect that to happen soon. (My money is on this happening at the 2012 Olympics)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Alaska hicks are a special breed.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This film is complete garbage. I'm sick of another anti-Christian Hollywood propaganda movie. The Muslims are literally trying to destroy the entire world yet Hollywood would rather make a film about a small group of "Catholics" molesting children. Of course, they'll conveniently ignore the fact that it was gays pretending to be Catholic on a large scale, not true catholics because they want to continue to push anti-Christian beliefs onto its viewers, while at the same time giving the Muslims a free pass as they continue their conquest.

Screw this movie and everyone who helped make it and everyone who supports it.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Has GOD lost control of America?
Will murder and pedophillia one day be legal? not only is gay marriage ILLEGALY law, but becoming more popular among young people today. I fear for them, for us.
How can we get JESUS back in the classroom, back in our hearts, why have we lost our way?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

quote:

*everything my family said over Thanksgiving*

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The Debate Is Over - More Than 50 Eyewitnesses Who Saw Heaven, Hell, Jesus Etc. - No More Denying That Christianity Is Real! 

The debate is over. 

The following website contains the EYEWITNESS testimony of over 50 individuals from all over the world that have seen heaven, hell, Jesus, etc.: 

[link to https://www.insightsofgod.com

Let me say it again. 

The debate is over. 

Christianity is real and the Bible is true. 

If you are still a skeptic, then I challenge you to go to that website and watch or read even 10 of the mind blowing testimonies there and then come back here and tell us how confident you are that you know all the answers. 

Take my challenge. 

Do it. 

How can you deny so many credible eyewitnesses from all over the world who don't know each other who all saw the same thing? 

You can't. 

It's over. 

It is time for you to decide if you are going to follow God or if you are going to reject Him. 

God is still doing miracles and supernatural things today just like He did in the Bible. If you don't know that, you need to learn that. A good place to start learning that is right here: 

[link to https://www.youtube.com

So what do you all have to say about all the eyewitnesses? 

Can you deny them ALL? 

If even ONE of them is right, then skeptics you are WRONG. 

These eyewitness testimonies drive atheists crazy!! 

So take my challenge. 

Go to the website at the top of this thread, and read at least 10 of the testimonies. 

Then come back here and tell me how much of a skeptic you are.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nothing is a fact if it goes against the Bible. The Bible is fact and absolute truth. Anything deviating from that is false. Adam and Eve were real people and everything the Bible recorded happened.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Volume posted:

The Debate Is Over - More Than 50 Eyewitnesses Who Saw Heaven, Hell, Jesus Etc. - No More Denying That Christianity Is Real! 

That definitely settles it. I don't need to see anything for myself. Someone wrote down fifty other people saw it. I don't even need to know who they are; pack it in athetits.

macdonal hamborkles
Mar 29, 2010

Twerk it good!
It would indeed appear that the debate is over.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEnWw_lH4tQ

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

:dogbutton:

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

thatguy posted:

One of my friends owns a used bookstore and she gets bibles through a lot, mainly from book estates where she just buys all their books. She started putting them behind the counter though because they were by far her #1 stolen item.

yeah sure they are just like how law books are the most stolen books at college bookstores lmao

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Gross!

Don't they know dancing is a sin?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Dinosaurs were in existance in the Word of God. Job referred to a 'leviathan', and the leviathan is mentioned three other times in Scripture. In fact, we see dinosaurs today - they are also called reptiles. They may be smaller today than they were 7,000 years ago, but so are we. And, yes there is a Biblical explanition for that as well. It has been proven that tomato plants can be three stories tall when grown in a chamber with a higher atmospheric pressure and oxygen concentration. This would be much like the atmosphere was before the flood when the atmosphere was compressed by the canopy of water. We can easily suppose that all plants and animals in that environment would be much larger - even man.

As for the other accounts of global events... they were global events which were documented in all records.

And finally, no other religioin predates Christianity. Christianity is the worship of Christ. Christ is the ever existing one and people have worshiped Christ since people were created by God!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
that people actually used to live for hundreds of years because *reason*

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
volumes dad was god.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
god is everyone's dad

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Top City Homo posted:

warlord jesus

you called

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer
Jesus would be bad, cause he never kills anyone.
Hed make a pretty awesome medic though, lay hands and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Jesus would be bad, cause he never kills anyone.

yeAH gently caress you jesus we don't need your kind, because you never kill anyone!

• Locked thread