Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

noirstronaut posted:

is until dawn ok to play if u a massive wimp

Do classic, corny horror movies like the Jason series freak you out? If not then you'll be fine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The way it sets out to be a teen slasher and keeps up the pace kind of defuses any actual feelings of terror. At least, it doesn't seem as scary to me as more atmospheric horror games

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.

1) Does anyone know where I can find a list of all games on sale right now in the PS Store? I was looking at the co-op and the flash sale and then noticed that guilty year xrd was on sale but you wouldn't know it unless you went to the actual game page. Wondering if there's anything else on sale.

2) I currently have a 14 day ps+ subscription. When it auto renews does it renew as a full year?

3) My 14 day ps+ subscription ends on December 10th. Can I add a 12 month subscription to my cart, so I can apply the 10% off voucher and if so will the subscription take effect when my 14 day expires.

Thanks.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

iastudent posted:

Picked up Dying Light today from the walmart sale. Any of the DLC worth grabbing? There was a video that played when I started it up talking about a free content pack, but I don't want to grab it right away if it's gonna give me overpowered gear right off the bat.

If you really like it there's apprently a huge expansion that adds more map than the normal game has to begin with and vehicles and poo poo coming out pretty soon. Apparently it blew up in scale a bunch so they're actually raising the price of it/the season pass to compensate (from $20 to $30 for the pass I think?) but they're giving people a couple weeks to snatch the season pass at the original price if they want to. As far as I can tell there's every indication that the expansion is going to be very good/substantial, but it's really a question of whether or not you want more Dying Light, because the games already pretty dang long. Vehicles sound cool though

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Rhaegar posted:

Couple of questions that I hope someone can answer.

1) Does anyone know where I can find a list of all games on sale right now in the PS Store? I was looking at the co-op and the flash sale and then noticed that guilty year xrd was on sale but you wouldn't know it unless you went to the actual game page. Wondering if there's anything else on sale.

2) I currently have a 14 day ps+ subscription. When it auto renews does it renew as a full year?

3) My 14 day ps+ subscription ends on December 10th. Can I add a 12 month subscription to my cart, so I can apply the 10% off voucher and if so will the subscription take effect when my 14 day expires.

Thanks.

When it auto-renews I think that it just defaults to month-to-month unless you were already signed up for the yearly thing. I doubt the 10% voucher will work on PS+ (you don't pay for it through your "cart" in the shop, it's like a separate screen) but it's worth a shot.

As for what's on sale, somewhere on the main PSN store screen if you're accessing it from your console there should be a "Deals" tab. Hit that and scroll past the individual featured sales all the way to the right and there should be a "see all deals" button. As far as I know, this will show you anything and everything that's currently discounted

edit: correction, anything and everything on PS4. If you have a PS3 or Vita and want to see sales for those games as well I think you'll need to access the store through a web browser to see everything

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
Wow. Rocket League is a rush... Got a sick goal and a few nice passes my first game, drifting around and boosting into people is insanely good and the game is just so tight to play. I could easily see putting 100+ hours into the online, if I only had the time...

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006

goferchan posted:

As for what's on sale, somewhere on the main PSN store screen if you're accessing it from your console there should be a "Deals" tab. Hit that and scroll past the individual featured sales all the way to the right and there should be a "see all deals" button. As far as I know, this will show you anything and everything that's currently discounted

That's what I thought too but it doesn't even show the stuff from the flash sale. :-/

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Rhaegar posted:

That's what I thought too but it doesn't even show the stuff from the flash sale. :-/

Huh, you're right. Looks like everything from the Co-op Game Sale they were doing this week shows up, though, plus some other poo poo, at least in my mobile browser.

If I had to give it a guess I'd say that the games you see in "All Deals" are just the stuff that follows the usual PSN store schedule (with the occasional exception for games with Friday release dates, all new games are up for download on Tuesdays, all new sales start and end on a Tuesday, and the new free PS+ games become available on the first Tuesday of every month). Flash sales don't follow that schedule and they come and go any old day of the week and I'm guessing the "All Deals" tab only refreshes every Tuesday with the new weekly sales, whatever they happen to be. Between "All Deals", though, and then checking out whatever's in the current flash sale, if there is one, you should be covered and be able to see everything that's currently on sale.

Rhaegar
Jul 16, 2006
Yeah, anyway bought Rayman Legends and Diablo III with the 10% off. Will pick the PS+ membership up separately.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

^^^^^ good-rear end games, especially if you got a local multiplayer buddy. Not sure if any of these are on sale right now but the Jackbox Party Packs (there are two and both are great, get whatever's cheapest I guess), Chariot, and Resogun are all excellent local multiplayer/co-op games if that's what you're into:

Grats on your new PS4 tho I hope you have a great time gaming. Feel free to friend me at mattnotgeorge and also you should join the SA Goons "community" because there are over a hundred people in it and you can always find some pals for online play. Not 100% sure exactly how the community stuff works since it's a fairly recent feature as of the last month or so, but I'm pretty sure if you go to the community section under your friends list and you search for "goons" it'll pop up. Just post your PSN name in the thread when you do so that whoevers in charge of approving applications can get you in.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Mr E posted:

Well I actually read about it now, is it replayable or anything worthwhile like other character action games

Basically there's a bunch of ultimate goals that if you want to reach them all will involve you playing through the story mode once per difficulty, I think there are...5 of those? And then there is also the challenge mode, which has I think 3 difficulty levels. There's a bunch of stuff to buy in the store to power up your characters, all game modes will give you the currency towards that. There are also several missions to complete, which you can do wherever as you play, like "knock x zombies off a ledge" and such. So it's kind of mostly the "same" stuff but there's a variety of things to do.

There are 4 characters and each of them has two main weapons and a sub weapon and those basically all have their own tweaked play style so you kind of figure out which ones you can get into the groove with and use those, or don't, it's up to you. Some of these are big multi hit timing combos, some are "hold button to charge it up" stuff, some are just quick ranged attacks. Each weapon has a blood meter and each character has a "stain" meter which you can choose to manage in various ways. In this game, you general want low weapon blood and high character stain, as max stain allows you to transform into a more powerful form. Weapon blood slows your weapons down.

And a protip for those bothered by the anime and or fan service elements, you can customize the costumes. So you can put them all into full dresses or even like put big pieces of toast hovering over their boobs if you want to censor them.

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Nov 28, 2015

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Finished the main story to Arkham Knight and I read up on how to get the True Ending. gently caress that noise. Good ending it is. I'll just YouTube it after I finish.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Finished the main story to Arkham Knight and I read up on how to get the True Ending. gently caress that noise. Good ending it is. I'll just YouTube it after I finish.
Hahaha, if you're saying gently caress that noise now, just wait until you see the true ending. It's some real garbage.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
So, AC:Unity for 15$?

Keep in mind I have not played any AC games at all.

Good deal, bad deal, "meh" deal?

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

"meh" deal, but if it's your first AC it might be worth it since you won't be burned out on the style. The open world gameplay and freerunning of AssCreed is really fun at first.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Pay another $20 for Syndicate which is at least acceptable or don't bother.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Yay, I finally got Journey, also got D3 for £20.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Syndicate's the better game but if you have an interest in the French Revolution then $15 makes Unity (in its late 2015 form) worth it.

And I found another weird Amazon.ca deal, Black Ops 3 for $45... if you buy the one with French packaging. Anglo is still $80. They aren't even linking to some of their best deals, so strange.

:canada: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00X69V3H6?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00 :canada:

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Did they change the connection speed requirements to shareplay? I was trying to show a friend a settlement in Fallout and it kept saying mine was too low even after a speedtest showed my internet going at normal speeds up and down.

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

goferchan posted:

If you really like it there's apprently a huge expansion that adds more map than the normal game has to begin with and vehicles and poo poo coming out pretty soon. Apparently it blew up in scale a bunch so they're actually raising the price of it/the season pass to compensate (from $20 to $30 for the pass I think?) but they're giving people a couple weeks to snatch the season pass at the original price if they want to.

At the same time, the expansion itself is only $20 and none of the DLC is worth the extra $10 so you could always just wait and pick up the expansion alone and not miss out on anything.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I just played through First Light yesterday and loved it, having never played an Infamous game before. Is Second Son just more of the same? Does it have the same open world, or more areas?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SpazmasterX posted:

Did they change the connection speed requirements to shareplay? I was trying to show a friend a settlement in Fallout and it kept saying mine was too low even after a speedtest showed my internet going at normal speeds up and down.

This same thing happened to me last week, also with Fallout 4. Haven't tried with any other games so I don't know if it is only with that game, but it had worked for me in the past with every other game I had tried. If my 100/10 connection isn't fast enough then the service is pretty worthless.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

abraham linksys posted:

I just played through First Light yesterday and loved it, having never played an Infamous game before. Is Second Son just more of the same? Does it have the same open world, or more areas?

It has another section of Seattle that's approximately the same size and three other power sets. I'd you liked First Light it's worth playing. Although there isn't a ton of depth.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

abraham linksys posted:

Second Son is more of the same except you have more powers to play with and there's no arena thing. If I recall correctly the map in First Light was just part of the map in Second Son so Second Son is way bigger.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Welp, broke down and got AC:Unity from Amazon cause it was a whopping 9$.

Thinking of getting Bound By Flame but I know JC3 is coming out this week and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna be wrecking poo poo as Rico a lot more than I am going to be stabbing poo poo as Whitey McWhathisface in an rpg.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I picked up Mad Max for $30 and it's pretty good so far! I found a postcard of a wife and daughter referencing Max though; I like that it's either he's crazy or they retconned 1. Who knows!

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Yesterday I found out there's a fully licensed team handball game coming out but the only US release of it I can find is on Xbox digital. What import shops sell from Europe? I only ever heard of Asian imports. Or should I try and setup a Euro PSN account for whoever has the best exchange rate? I'm sure in some countries it costs like $80 or something ridiculous.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Hal Incandenza posted:

This same thing happened to me last week, also with Fallout 4. Haven't tried with any other games so I don't know if it is only with that game, but it had worked for me in the past with every other game I had tried. If my 100/10 connection isn't fast enough then the service is pretty worthless.

I hadn't thought to actually check if it's just Fallout or all games. If no one else does it, I'll check when I get home tonight.

xxEightxx
Mar 5, 2010

Oh, it's true. You are Brock Landers!
Salad Prong

Reverse Centaur posted:

Getting friendly fire shot in the head at the start of the second session didn't help. Just sat their for five minutes waiting. But it's just extremely shallow and relies on people to not be complete idiots.

Sounds like rainbow six. I played about half a dozen games, on easy setting. My first game I tried to breach various points but looking inside after I punched a hole is like staring into a black hole... A black hole that would fire bullets at you. Died trying to win that firefight. Next game I tried to find a door so I could grenade and rush in, I put about six to eight rounds in a guy (Ai) who just kept walking forward and blasted me dead. Then I thought slow and cautious is the way, finally got in to the house and found the bomb but the dude carrying the disarm kit went all lone wolf and died somewhere three floors above the rest of us. Spent the next few minutes getting slowly torn to shreds as we tried to recover the kit. Oh and because this was easy setting the game thinks it funny to have the defenders take refuge in what I can only guess was a former mannequin factory because if enemies hiding in overly dark shadows wasn't enough, there are dozens of mannequins dressed up as enemies all over the building.

If you got a group of people all on coms this could be fun, but no loving way in hell do you ever want to play this in a pug without a mic.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!
Rocket League: Way more fun than it should be. Totally worth the $12.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

I got my list of PS4 update sizes organized in a less dumb way.

https://physicalgames.wordpress.com/ps4-update-sizes/

It's ugly as sin layout-wise but it's the best I could manage with a fairly easy URL and two different sort views (Alphabetical and by patch size) from the same database while everything remains free. If you have information on a game I'm missing (or have outdated data for) please either post here or send the form in.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

This guy knows how to play Just Cause

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmgoLS0vh5E

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Basically an ISIS simulator at 4m30s. I am jazzed for this game.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

xxEightxx posted:

Sounds like rainbow six. I played about half a dozen games, on easy setting. My first game I tried to breach various points but looking inside after I punched a hole is like staring into a black hole... A black hole that would fire bullets at you. Died trying to win that firefight. Next game I tried to find a door so I could grenade and rush in, I put about six to eight rounds in a guy (Ai) who just kept walking forward and blasted me dead. Then I thought slow and cautious is the way, finally got in to the house and found the bomb but the dude carrying the disarm kit went all lone wolf and died somewhere three floors above the rest of us. Spent the next few minutes getting slowly torn to shreds as we tried to recover the kit. Oh and because this was easy setting the game thinks it funny to have the defenders take refuge in what I can only guess was a former mannequin factory because if enemies hiding in overly dark shadows wasn't enough, there are dozens of mannequins dressed up as enemies all over the building.

If you got a group of people all on coms this could be fun, but no loving way in hell do you ever want to play this in a pug without a mic.

It can be tough, but they game gives you a lot of tools to help. Liberal use of the roller cameras will mark the position of every enemy in a building, flashbangs will disable them, all of that.

You can't charge through the levels but they are by no means impossible with a pub group

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Witcher 3 is pretty heavily discounted for both PS4 and Steam. Does anyone have ~opinions~ on how the game plays on the different systems? My PC is more than capable of running it well but I'd prefer to play it on console if the versions run equally well.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

The Ninth Layer posted:

Witcher 3 is pretty heavily discounted for both PS4 and Steam. Does anyone have ~opinions~ on how the game plays on the different systems? My PC is more than capable of running it well but I'd prefer to play it on console if the versions run equally well.

PC will look way better. That's it. I don't know about mods.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

I must be an old because that game looks like some boring poo poo.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
It cemented it as a day one purchase for me.

Never thought I'd use the phrase "windmill of cows" as a buying point.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Ninth Layer posted:

i guess it depends on what you consider running well on the pc but its 30fps on ps4 and it can struggle to get there in places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I actually thought it was kinda tame compared to some of the other footage I've seen so far.

• Locked thread