Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
I tried to talk to that guy gettin mad about box art and he just ignored me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I think this thread is good, as are the moderators of this wonderful forum

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

when I'm put in power this thread will be under strict martial law

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

ill be the blue haired anime who declares a rebellion against you when you do

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Ruggington posted:

when I'm put in power this thread will be under strict martial law

whats your policy on gay memes

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Agean90 posted:

ill be the blue haired anime who declares a rebellion against you when you do

there's a 90% chance I get straight merc'd by a death god I tried to gain control of and a 10% chance im abraham lincoln

TWIST FIST posted:

whats your policy on gay memes

im accepting of all memes

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

no straight memes though

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Ruggington posted:

there's a 90% chance I get straight merc'd by a death god I tried to gain control of and a 10% chance im abraham lincoln

what if you're berdo

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

then you gotta jump on the eggs and pick 'em up lol

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Shortest Path posted:

This is the first thread in Games that's made me miss pre-Kewpuh moderation.
if we had pre-kewpuh moderation we'd all be banned for not talking about how good xenoblade is in every post we make

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Lock this thread until Fates comes out

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

oh no i'll have to post in the fates or awakening thread instead

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

and especially lock this thread after fates comes out

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Looper posted:

oh no i'll have to post in the fates or awakening thread instead

Lock those too

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

cheetah7071 posted:

Lock those too

Lock it until it's out for the Europeans.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'll finally put the "lock this thread" meme to rest once I'm given Power Overwhelming

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Ruggington posted:

I'll finally put the "lock this thread" meme to rest once I'm given Power Overwhelming

is that meme gay or straight?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
replace all thread OPs with a copy + paste of those writings comparing fire emblem to the american civil war

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

is that meme gay or straight?

still yet to be decided

but if I need to go after one of my own memes to bring justice I will do so in a heartbeat

LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Looper posted:

I tried to talk to that guy gettin mad about box art and he just ignored me :(

To be fair, I was much more interested in the guy accusing me of straw-manning my own argument.

DaveCG
Nov 5, 2009

Tae posted:

No. I don't give a poo poo on anyone's gender preference, the memes are annoying as poo poo. I would like actual discussion with localization and subjects other than the literal same meme over and over again.

This.

I've read the thread from the start and when the same loving people aren't suffering from verbal diarrhea it's actually been a cool read! Stuff like Omni's updates on the ridiculous romhack, Can of worms showing the cool poo poo off and Endorph talking about their romhack too. I have no idea why the thread became shitpost central but poo poo, it's not even funny.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Actually

DoctorStrangelove posted:

I LIKE THIS THREAD SINCE IT'S JUST ALL SHITPOSTS ABOUT A GAME I REALLY LIKE.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

DaveCG posted:

This.

I've read the thread from the start and when the same loving people aren't suffering from verbal diarrhea it's actually been a cool read! Stuff like Omni's updates on the ridiculous romhack, Can of worms showing the cool poo poo off and Endorph talking about their romhack too. I have no idea why the thread became shitpost central but poo poo, it's not even funny.
i dont really get how talking about localization and gay characters is somehow a meme or a shitpost

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

DaveCG posted:

This.

This is the worst post in the whole thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

i love when people talk about how the program to change one hexadecimal value to a different hexadecimal value succeeds in doing so and as a result one number os bigger or smaller than it might otherwise be. its cool to me

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

every post in this thread is a shitpost, but especially the ones that aren't intended to be shitposts

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

i dont really get how talking about localization and gay characters is somehow a meme or a shitpost

I would assume because the conversation is mostly the same every time, which I think kinda sorta but not really makes it a meme?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

epitasis posted:

i love when people talk about how the program to change one hexadecimal value to a different hexadecimal value succeeds in doing so and as a result one number os bigger or smaller than it might otherwise be. its cool to me
wait, succeeds?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont think you understand romhacking, my friend. the program never succeeds, it just fails in the right direction.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
the green numbers meme

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I would like to put forth the theory that Fire Emblem, is a meme

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
+1

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Raserys posted:

I would like to put forth the theory that Fire Emblem, is a meme

It has an entry on popular website knowyourmeme.com so I conclude that this theory is true.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

i'm gay and i am happy for gay fire emblem characters

peace

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

in fire emblem: fates you can be the gay fire emblem character yourself

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Manatee Cannon posted:

in fire emblem: fates you can be the gay fire emblem character yourself

In fact, you have to be for there to be gay characters! An interesting implementation of the choices mechanic.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

epitasis posted:

most romhacks don't use nightmare all that much hth

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

you folks been playing some of that there, uh, f-fire emblem??

Ruggington fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Nov 29, 2015

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ruggington posted:

you folks been playing of that there, uh, f-fire emblem??

I've been playing through 7 on the wii u vc. Feels super weird being on Eliwood mode again but I decided to mix things up by only using female characters + lords (bc otherwise the early game would've been the Rebecca power hour and as much as I like her......) But yeah just got to Night of Farewells :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Ruggington posted:

you folks been playing some of that there, uh, f-fire emblem??
no, but I just dusted off my Advance Wars 2 cartridge