Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Came in this morning to find out that my drawer was almost exactly $50 short last night when the person I share it with counted it down last night. I can't find any place where I could have hosed up and lost a single $50 bill and my only two big bills (1 $50 and 1 $100) were placed in a drop bag after I got back from lunch. So the only two remaining possibilities are that I and the other person somehow made more big fuckups giving change back than we've made in the 8 months I worked there, or the other person on my drawer took $50 out to put in his pocket. This is also a dude who has blown a poo poo ton of money in the last week or so buying poo poo for a new rifle he purchased. So, now I'm likely to get written up and I'm sure thrown under the bus by a dude who usually does the minimum unless the store manager is in the store. gently caress humanity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
If you get written up, insist they get it too, as it is a shared drawer.

Also, never share a drawer, retail thievery is pretty much a given.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I am very thankful that I don't have that terrible accent despite living in the vicinity of boston all my life

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

In what world is sharing a till with someone else a good idea? Or are you saying it's your starting drawer that's shorted?

If your store's cash "controls" includes the previous employee counting out a drawer for the next with no verification by management in the middle you're in a pretty hosed up situation in a poorly run business.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The company I interned for had their American HQ in Boston and the HR lady sounded like a baby using grown up words

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Motronic posted:

In what world is sharing a till with someone else a good idea? Or are you saying it's your starting drawer that's shorted?

If your store's cash "controls" includes the previous employee counting out a drawer for the next with no verification by management in the middle you're in a pretty hosed up situation in a poorly run business.

In a world where there are 6 drawers in the store and around 15 employees who have overlapping schedules, all of whom have to be assigned to a drawer. This is pretty much how any parts store is set up, along with most other retail outlets I've ever seen. I'm going to be asking to find out if we have any kind of verification check I can do mid day on how much money should be in the drawer when I go back in.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

Elmnt80 posted:

In a world where there are 6 drawers in the store and around 15 employees who have overlapping schedules, all of whom have to be assigned to a drawer. This is pretty much how any parts store is set up, along with most other retail outlets I've ever seen.

Except for the part where you are sharing a till. That's not normal. You should be getting a counted drawer to start your shift, no one should have access to it other than you durning the shift, and you should be counting it out at the end.

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009
Most part stores have 5 registers and 15 employee who are in and out all the time. There's no way you can not share a drawer.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

SouthsideSaint posted:

Most part stores have 5 registers and 15 employee who are in and out all the time. There's no way you can not share a drawer.

Why would they not only let as many people as there are drawers ring people up who are paying cash but let everyone ring up customers with cards? That's how they do it around here. You can't actually open the drawer if you aren't the one logged into the till, but you can swipe cards at any terminal you log into.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
It's pretty standard where I'm at, too. You have about 8 people working at a time and four or five working tills. It's so crowded that everyone can see everyone else, so if you're taking money out that you're not supposed to, people will see you - it's all in plain sight and on camera even if no one's around. The drawer won't open without a transaction. You log in before the transaction and it automatically logs you out when the transaction is finished.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

RE accents in fallout, the biggest disappointment is that the player character/other prewar folks aren't dripping with it.

"GRAB SHAHN, GET TO DA VAHLT!"

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
So this just happened in BYOB:

Splatmaster posted:

Holly came from Goons With Spoons
Burned a batch of home-made macaroons
The other posters called her a phony
Instead of coconut she used macaroni
BYOB said, "Hey, babe,
Bake a cake on the mild side."
They said, "Hey, honey,
Bake a cake on the mild side."

Candy came from Pet Island
She had a pit bull that could get violent
Her pit bull read some Yobber threads
The next time he had to go out instead
He says, "Hey, babe,
Take me out on the mild side."
He says, "Hey, babe,
Take me out on the mild side."
And the Yobbers go:

Chill, chill chill, chill chill, chill chill chill
Chill, chill chill, chill chill, chill chill chill c h i l l

Little Joe never understood FYAD
Just because it wasn't his cup of tea
A vague reference here
And a subtle hint there
Pretty soon Joe
Got pretty scared
And they said, "Hey, Joe,
Why don't you post on the mild side."
They said, "Hey, Joe,
Won'tcha post on the mild side?."

Sugar Plum Fairy came and hit the streets
Looking for soul food and a place to eat
Went looking for Goons With Spoons
Ended up in Goons in Platoons
They said, "Hey, SOLDIER!,
Take a march on the mild side."
They said, "Hey, SOLDIER!,
Take a march on the mild side."
All right, huh

Jackie is just speeding away
Thought she was James Dean for a day
If it weren't for her vanity
She could've asked Automotive Insanity
They'd say, "Hey, babe,
Take a drive on the mild side."
They'd say, "Hey, babe,
Take a ride on the mild side."

And the Yobbers go:

Chill, chill chill, chill chill, chill chill chill
Chill, chill chill, chill chill, chill chill chill c h i l l

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Tusen Takk posted:

The company I interned for had their American HQ in Boston and the HR lady sounded like a baby using grown up words

That's not a Boston accent, hth.

It's too bad that none of the people who did the Hopper ad were available to record for Fallout 4.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjW7mtWM9so

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

QuarkMartial posted:

Best purchase of the holiday season so far: a half gallon of bourbon. Certainly makes enjoying the first days off I've had in over a month that much better.

Now if I could keep the cat away from the Christmas tree :argh:

I really wish my family would appreciate a good bourbon. There's a great distillery about 15mi from me (the only one in my state IIRC) that consistently wins awards with their bourbon. Would make a good Christmas gift.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

I hope everyone gives me money for Christmas to displace all the money I just spent on everyone. I am so freaking spoiled that my parents still insist on spending a good chunk of money on me every Christmas even tho I plead with them not to. Its not like they have a lot of cash themselves either.

I do love the Yankee Swaps tho. The one on my mom's side gets vicious.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

oh thank gently caress evga responded to my ticket, guess they ARE open weekends after all

this loving nightmare might be over soon

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

KozmoNaut posted:

GTA IV Complete is €6.

GTA V is 40% off.

Skyrim Legendary Edition is €7.

Saints Row collection is €17.

Apparently there are 6963 games on sale right now, it's ridiculous.
But not FO4, because why would it be?

I grabbed new vegas, I'll play that until FO4 drops to a price I can live with.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ilkhan posted:

That's my strategy. I set a price i'm willing to pay for a game, and buy it once it hits that. It's a little harder with the poo poo canadian dollar, but the money grabs in modern game releases have me so numb to what's coming out.

You wait 6 months or a year, you get a game that's out of beta testing and know for certain whether the DLC or season passes are worth anything.

I love the assassin's creed games, but i have no problem waiting out the first year of broken patches to get the games for :10bux:

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I found the missing money. Apparently the person I share a drawer with can't count to 100 and the manager who opened didn't notice that there was too much money in my drawer to start with this morning. (Manager pulls the sealed bags that we prepare upon closing the drawer, opens the ones for the drawers that will be used that day and sets them up with whatever was in the bag) Pulled up all my receipts for the day, manually did the math as to how much should be in my drawer, counted it down and was $50 over. Luckily there wasn't a customer in the store, because I could be heard ranting from outside the building. I took it for granted that they had checked this when they noticed the deposit was $50 short since thats one of the first things I would have been checking. :v:

EDIT: And as an apology for ranting instead of being smart and checking stuff properly, have a picture of a '38 ford that a customer brought in the other day so he could find a gas cap that fit.

Elmnt80 fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 28, 2015

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

ilkhan posted:

Well its the only game that came out two weeks ago, GTA:V was released more than 6 months ago and everything else is years old.

blk
Dec 19, 2009
Gamechat: If you guys like GTA style games you should check out the Saboteur and Sleeping Dogs - both went under the radar and are my favorites of that genre.

Carchat: Do they salt the roads in VA and the metro DC area? How much of an issue is rust out there?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
And also Red Faction Guerilla. The one thing that that game has going for it is using your vehicle to destroy enemy building targets. You can race by a guard tower, figure out a good launch path, come back down that way, and launch your car into the air at the tower, which will completely get its poo poo wrecked. I don't think I've ever played a game with more satisfyingly destroyable environments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPjjJLKTHfU&t=43s

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Anyone wanna go and troll the rolling coal thread in GBS with me? Im that bored on a Sat night.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Preoptopus posted:

Anyone wanna go and troll the rolling coal thread in GBS with me? Im that bored on a Sat night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmqtPBT4IR8

go nuts

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

friendlyjordies' stuff is so specific to australian culture why can't i stop watching his poo poo

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Powershift posted:

That's my strategy. I set a price i'm willing to pay for a game, and buy it once it hits that. It's a little harder with the poo poo canadian dollar, but the money grabs in modern game releases have me so numb to what's coming out.

You wait 6 months or a year, you get a game that's out of beta testing and know for certain whether the DLC or season passes are worth anything.

Bethesda games never leave beta test. :smuggo:

Here's what I did; I waited until Green Man Gaming had a promo code for Fallout 4 pre-orders, so I was able to buy the game for 25% off, as well as the DLC pack. I know, I know...pre-orders are dumb as gently caress, but if it's for a game I'm certainly going to buy day one anyways, why not get it cheaper?

Galler
Jan 28, 2008

kimbo305 posted:

And also Red Faction Guerilla. The one thing that that game has going for it is using your vehicle to destroy enemy building targets. You can race by a guard tower, figure out a good launch path, come back down that way, and launch your car into the air at the tower, which will completely get its poo poo wrecked. I don't think I've ever played a game with more satisfyingly destroyable environments.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPjjJLKTHfU&t=43s

This is all correct but I think you meant to post this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcUBI-YVRY8

MrChips posted:

Bethesda games never leave beta test. :smuggo:

Which is a big part of why I'll wait until it's :10bux: and the community has fixed most of the issues.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Just got back from helping my gf's sister move ~5 1/2 hours away to Dallas, TX. gently caress moving, gently caress the rain, and gently caress the cold.

Review: 26' GMC C5500 moving truck: I was actually impressed with the automatic transmission. It would hold gears out to 3-4k depending on how hard you got on it, and would downshift while slowing down. I'm guessing this is the heavy duty Allison transmission that is given so many props. I have no idea what motor was in the truck but it was a gasser so I'm guessing the 8.1L vortec. It was pretty good, got up to speed fairly quick considering the box was packed front to back with furniture.

Everything else sucked. Oh and I guess the PS belt got wet or something because it would scream and I was unable to turn the wheel for a few seconds if I cranked it over too hard. Made backing into a driveway from a suburban street real fun.

Previa_fun fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Nov 29, 2015

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
I deleted a bunch of fallout 4 saves from the hard drive and now Steam is downloading them back again. D'oh.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

CharlesM posted:

I deleted a bunch of fallout 4 saves from the hard drive and now Steam is downloading them back again. D'oh.

you should be able to disable steam cloud saves or some poo poo, or just delete them within the game (which is a bitch, i know)

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

blk posted:

Gamechat: If you guys like GTA style games you should check out the Saboteur and Sleeping Dogs - both went under the radar and are my favorites of that genre.

Sleeping Dogs is totally awesome, and got me into listening to The Budos Band.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Sleeping Dogs owns a ton

Phone/Leica/other camera goons what is the best deal for a DSLR (or should i get an a6000) on the extended BF/cyber monday sales?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Buy a Fuji X system camera. THE FEELS

I'm done buying camera poo poo outside of like a GoPro this year.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

At the urgent care walk-in. Back is not any better. Can barely move. Keep getting jolts up and down my spine. No sciatic nerve pain like when the injury happened last year but IDK if its the bone spurs I have down my spine. IDK how I am supposed to work tmrw.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Nodoze posted:

Sleeping Dogs owns a ton

Phone/Leica/other camera goons what is the best deal for a DSLR (or should i get an a6000) on the extended BF/cyber monday sales?

I don't know I buy used poo poo. Best deal is a cheap Canon body (20D, 30D) and the best glass you can afford.

Or what phone said.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nodoze posted:

Do you really want/need a DSLR, or will you just be using it on auto like a point and shoot with changeable lenses?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Phoenix area (and Tucson really) goons, this ad was jut placed on my local SCCA/Autocross forums, and seems like a pretty good deal. If anyone is interested let me know and I'll get you the direct contact information and my name to use as a referral to this guy.

Ad:

quote:

4-Post Car Lift For Sale, 7000 lb capacity, 120V electric hydraulic pump

I have had TWO 4-post car lifts in my garage for many years for both car storage and service work; but now I only need one.

The larger 7000 lb version is up for sale. $800, if you come and disassemble it and it haul away. It can fit on most car trailers or a U-Haul 20-ft truck when broken down into the individual ramps and posts. The overall footprint is about 14 x 8 feet. So, if you have a really large cargo trailer it can be hauled away intact.

If you would like me to disassemble it, bring it to your garage and re-assemble it; then I need to know how far away you want it delivered from Casa Grande, AZ.

I recommend that you need at least a 10-foot high ceiling in your garage to fully use it or store one car over another. It can be used outside, but you will need a solid concrete pad capable of holding an RV or similar load.

Comes with ramps and a set of 4 special dollies that can be used to roll it around.

If interested, I can send pictures.

MrsAdiabatic
Feb 26, 2015

Gotta get up to get Down's

Super Aggro Crag posted:

At the urgent care walk-in. Back is not any better. Can barely move. Keep getting jolts up and down my spine. No sciatic nerve pain like when the injury happened last year but IDK if its the bone spurs I have down my spine. IDK how I am supposed to work tmrw.

I was going to do an extra round of deadlifts at the gym the other day, then I read your injury post and was like "nah, brah". So at least one of us is learning from your mistakes. Thanks for taking one for the team, even unwittingly.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

All I did to re-injure myself was lift some dirty clothes off the ground. I am gonna need surgery eventually. Got a shot in the rear end from the nurse, a big rear end bottle of 800mg ibuprofen and a few Somas (thank god). Time to sit in one position the rest of the day playing CoD and drinking this Surge icee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Bro, do you even squat

• Locked thread