Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

14 Things Only ISIS Kids Know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
they came here to get everyone's sympy, but they don't get my sympy

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
They joined ISIS a group that is committed to killing all the wrong types of muslims, all the jews and all the christians ever in horrific ways and they also want to undermine advanced civilizations until everyone lives in mud huts and stone caves. It's also run by pedophiles.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Well of course if you concentrate the negative parts it's gonna seem bad but let's talk about the benefits of ISIS

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

1: having sex with 15 year old white girls

Baxter
Sep 13, 2000

oldpainless posted:

Well of course if you concentrate the negative parts it's gonna seem bad but let's talk about the benefits of ISIS

outstanding dental plan, but you never hear about that, do you?

DEntal Plan, ISIL needs braces

Baxter fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Nov 28, 2015

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

oldpainless posted:

"tradition" and "family values"

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Hey if I join ISIS how do I make sure I'm one of the ones who gets the crazy teenage chicks and not assigned to suicide bomb duty?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

ISIS saw the thread title and misread remember as dismember

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Universe Master posted:

Hey if I join ISIS how do I make sure I'm one of the ones who gets the crazy teenage chicks and not assigned to suicide bomb duty?

You don't. You get married to a girl and then blow yourself up and she remarries without remembering your name

Cucked in death

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

Universe Master posted:

Tricky Tray raffle

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Serious question: is isis okay with white girls or are they haram and only other brown girls are acceptable.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

oldpainless posted:

1: having sex with 15 year old white girls boys

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

yall are a bunch of hateful retards

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

babypolis posted:

yall are a bunch of hateful retards

Well that's a compelling argument.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Mods please change thread title to:

The Taint Reaper posted:

They joined ISIS a group that is committed to killing all the wrong types of muslims, all the jews and all the christians ever in horrific ways and they also want to undermine advanced civilizations until everyone lives in mud huts and stone caves. It's also run by pedophiles.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Lolie posted:

Well that's a compelling argument.

i already tried to argue with you idiots but you all continue to revel and rejoice in the death of someone who probably suffered one of the worst fates imaginable so yeah continue being hateful shits gbs

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

babypolis posted:

i already tried to argue with you idiots but you all continue to revel and rejoice in the death of someone who probably suffered one of the worst fates imaginable so yeah continue being hateful shits gbs

They didn't read your posts so I think they got off easy

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Noblesse Obliged posted:

They didn't read your posts so I think they got off easy

you are hateful piece of poo poo. probably fat and bitter too. when is the last time you saw your turgid and hopelessly shriveled penis,?

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I generally agree with babypolis but honestly these girls were 17, which is not exactly babby age anymore, and ISIS is one of the most covered things in the world right now, so it's not like they didn't know they were huge dicks.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

babypolis posted:

Ruddha posted:

A really long, sympathetic post, and as you read through it you gradually realize I'm describing the sadness of Hitler being forced into suicide

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

babypolis posted:

you are hateful piece of poo poo. probably fat and bitter too. when is the last time you saw your turgid and hopelessly shriveled penis,?

Turgid and shriveled are opposites much like good and your posts

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

I don't think many of us are actually legitimately glad 2 young girls were murdered but their thought process and chain of decisions were so ludicrous as to be comical.

Sethex
Jun 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

babypolis posted:

You should join ISIS an change it from the inside, you obviously care enough.

But seriously, no one gives a poo poo because empathizing through a screen isnt something humans do, science says so.

You shouldnt be on a comedy forum looking for empathy you loving peg.

Sethex fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Nov 28, 2015

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

oldpainless posted:

I don't think many of us are actually legitimately glad 2 young girls were murdered but their thought process and chain of decisions were so ludicrous as to be comical.

ISIS is the best litmus test for pure loserdom.

Let's leave home to join a terrorist cult that lights people on fire inside of steel cages.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

babypolis posted:

Your argument was kind of disingenuous because it totally overlooks the role these women play in 1) recruiting others to also join the IS and 2) policing other women who join the IS (and exposing those women to harsh punishment and death by doing so). It's not as simple as "well the only people their bad judgement hurt was themselves and they paid for it dearly".

There are a ton of articles on the recruitment of women, both Western and those from already fundamentalist regions. Some of them are more comprehensive than the one you linked and some of them are written by Muslim women. Some explore the difference between those women who make that final journey and those who don't, and while it's apparent that women who are successfully recruited share a number of characteristics, it's also apparent that their motivations and the roles they seek within the IS can be quite different.

These women ultimately became poster children in a manner different than they had hoped, but it's probably not going to do a damned thing to discourage other young women from joining the IS.

Son of Rodney posted:

I generally agree with babypolis but honestly these girls were 17, which is not exactly babby age anymore, and ISIS is one of the most covered things in the world right now, so it's not like they didn't know they were huge dicks.

They were 15 and 16 when they went there. The woman in the article babypolis linked was 23. In all cases they had personal characteristics which made them ripe for being manipulated and they would probably have made some other horrendous choice of "cause" to join had the IS not found them first. It's unfortunate that their "gently caress you dad/world" choice was the IS and that they don't get a do-over, but you don't always get second chances in life. Some bad choices, both impulsive and long considered, are life-shattering or life-ending.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Nov 28, 2015

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
There was definitely an article out about a woman who joined isis and became part of one of their female brigades. Their responsibilities included making sure the other women were up to religious code, and other women regularly got beaten, tortured and killed by them. This woman then left isis when her husband nearly beat her to death. I feel bad for the fact that her husband nearly beat her to death, but not bad for her personally because she enjoyed power tripping with the religious sisters from hell and only bailed out when her own rear end was on the line :)

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

There was definitely an article out about a woman who joined isis and became part of one of their female brigades. Their responsibilities included making sure the other women were up to religious code, and other women regularly got beaten, tortured and killed by them. This woman then left isis when her husband nearly beat her to death. I feel bad for the fact that her husband nearly beat her to death, but not bad for her personally because she enjoyed power tripping with the religious sisters from hell and only bailed out when her own rear end was on the line :)

There are also the ones attracted by the images of women with AKs. It's mostly a bait and switch and they generally end up being wives or "comfort" women when they get there, but it's kind of hard to feel sympathy for them when their primary motivation for going was to be trained to kill people.

And yeah, the "religious police" women aren't just policing other women who've joined voluntarily. They're also policing those who were kidnapped and actively making the lives of those women more miserable.

Lindt would probably be horrified by the IS giving their chocolate as gifts to those the IS is trying to recruit, but it gives us one more piece of information we can use to identify those who are becoming radicalised before they pass the point of no return.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Nov 28, 2015

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Lolie posted:

There are a ton of articles on the recruitment of women, both Western and those from already fundamentalist regions. Some of them are more comprehensive than the one you linked and some of them are written by Muslim women. Some explore the difference between those women who make that final journey and those who don't, and while it's apparent that women who are successfully recruited share a number of characteristics, it's also apparent that their motivations and the roles they seek within the IS can be quite different.

These women ultimately became poster children in a manner different than they had hoped, but it's probably not going to do a damned thing to discourage other young women from joining the IS.

They were 15 and 16 when they went there. The woman in the article babypolis linked was 23. In all cases they had personal characteristics which made them ripe for being manipulated and they would probably have made some other horrendous choice of "cause" to join had the IS not found them first. It's unfortunate that their "gently caress you dad/world" choice was the IS and that they don't get a do-over, but you don't always get second chances in life. Some bad choices, both impulsive and long considered, are life-shattering or life-ending.

i disagree with none of this but i can still find it in my heart to feel sympathy for them

why is it so hard to understand that you can feel bad for someone without condoning their actions

i dunno maybe they did beat and torture other women in which case i would feel a lot less bad for them but it seems like they quickly regretted their choice and just lived their last few months in complete misery and i feel sad. even if you think their actions are unforgivable well they already got the worst punishment possible so

babypolis fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Nov 28, 2015

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
It's not like they went backpacking with some guy called Abul who they met online and whoops, they ended up in Syria. They delibertly went to join the most famous terrorist organisation in the world who brag about all the murders they commit.

If it was two arab 17 year old girls, no one would care, but two 17 year old white girls and it's all "awww they didn't know what they were doing". At 17 you're old enough to know that hey, maybe ethinic cleansing and assisting genocide are wrong.

OldMemes fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Nov 28, 2015

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

OldMemes posted:

It's not like they went backpacking with some guy called Abul who they met online and whoops, they ended up in Syria. They delibertly went to join the most famous terrorist organisation in the world who brag about all the murders they commit.

If it was two arab 17 year old girls, no one would care, but two 17 year old white girls and it's all "awww they didn't know what they were doing". At 17 you're old enough to know that hey, ethinic cleansing and assisting genocide are wrong.

if they were arab i would still care as much you racist poo poo

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

babypolis posted:

if they were arab i would still care as much you racist poo poo

So when, according to you, should people know that terrorism and genocide are bad? What age does it flip from "completely innocent" to "knowing mass murder is bad"?

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
whew. seems like these girls realy made a hash of their teen years....

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

OldMemes posted:

If it was two arab 17 year old girls, no one would care, but two 17 year old white girls and it's all "awww they didn't know what they were doing". At 17 you're old enough to know that hey, maybe ethinic cleansing and assisting genocide are wrong.

FWIW, the IS is actively trying to recruit Saudi women too.

There've been a ton of articles on the subject following the screening of the Channel 4 documentary last week.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/isis-the-british-women-supporters-unveiled/on-demand/60376-001

Lolie fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Nov 29, 2015

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

OldMemes posted:

So when, according to you, should people know that terrorism and genocide are bad? What age does it flip from "completely innocent" to "knowing mass murder is bad"?

you are completely missing the point. they prbably were somewhat aware of what isis was beforehand. the point is that its easy to manipulate and brainwash certain people. once you isolate someone and become their entire social cirle its prtty easy to change their entire worldview so that murderng infidels is a-ok even if they would have never condoned anything like that beforehand

if you want to argue that weak people who are manipulated into doing bad things should not have any forgiveness thats ok but i disagree

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

babypolis posted:

i disagree with none of this but i can still find it in my heart to feel sympathy for them

why is it so hard to understand that you can feel bad for someone without condoning their actions

i dunno maybe they did beat and torture other women in which case i would feel a lot less bad for them but it seems like they quickly regretted their choice and just lived their last few months in complete misery and i feel sad. even if you think their actions are unforgivable well they already got the worst punishment possible so

I feel bad for the situation, but I'd rather reserve actual sympathy for the women who were minding their own buisness in their homeland and ended up with isis via warfare, abduction and murder of their entire families than western women who willingly went over there

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

babypolis posted:

you are completely missing the point. they prbably were somewhat aware of what isis was beforehand. the point is that its easy to manipulate and brainwash certain people. once you isolate someone and become their entire social cirle its prtty easy to change their entire worldview so that murderng infidels is a-ok even if they would have never condoned anything beforehand

if you want to argue that weak people who are manipulated into doing bad things should not have any forgiveness thats ok but i disagree

You're taking about women right?

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

I feel bad for the situation, but I'd rather reserve actual sympathy for the women who were minding their own buisness in their homeland and ended up with isis via warfare, abduction and murder of their entire families than western women who willingly went over there

thats true that we should feel for them a lot more but its not like humans have a limited well of sympathy. plus some of them do get away and find a better life but these girls are well and completely hosed, figuratively and literally

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

babypolis posted:

thats true but its not like humans have a limited well of sympathy

I don't feel sympathy for them, I feel pity

It's the same way I would feel if, let's say, an idiot young man was talked into joining an idiot right wing group filled with other idiot young men and ended up shooting some people- I would feel bad for the situation that led to it, and bad for the people they shot, but not really bad for them per se

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

I don't feel sympathy for them, I feel pity

It's the same way I would feel if, let's say, an idiot young man was talked into joining an idiot right wing group filled with other idiot young men and ended up shooting some people- I would feel bad for the situation that led to it, and bad for the people they shot, but not really bad for them per se

do you think these girls actually shot anyone? or actively harmed anyone besides being a propaganda piece? if they were actually sadistic and violent enough to do some real bad poo poo i dont think they would tried to run away

• Locked thread