Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Testekill posted:

Bisnap has the same problem although he apparently plays a fair few music games on stream that he can't post because of content ID matching.
Bisnap somewhat turned into a grumpy funsponge though, ever since he went "semi-pro" making LP's his sidegig instead of a hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

The problem with Bisnap is that he doesn't edit his videos at all so you end up with hour long videos where he'll barely progress at all and it makes for incredibly unfun videos to watch.

Kangra
May 7, 2012

Has anyone been following the React channel LPs? They're really only good for games you already know, but the interesting aspect is seeing multiple people's play styles. This is one where the games are actually the tiny part of the screen.

One of the best was having both elders and teens play the intro to The Last of Us.
Elders:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ep8f-ChSbE
Teens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEs8t-lZe4M

There have been others -- the latest has the teens playing Portal. Notable about that is that they actually show appreciation for the self-esteem-boosting messages.

Apologies if this was posted already, searches only brought up the numerous mentions of the PewDiePie reaction video.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
Are there any good (read:edited) Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter LPs around? Being at higher than 240x160 resolution and the LPer not making funny voices a plus.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

So Youtube just told me about its great new "Trends" feature, which apparently gives me the hot new videos. This is not confined to gaming, and yet, five out of the top seven videos it shows me are Minecraft LPs. God drat, Germany.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

TheMcD posted:

So Youtube just told me about its great new "Trends" feature, which apparently gives me the hot new videos. This is not confined to gaming, and yet, five out of the top seven videos it shows me are Minecraft LPs. God drat, Germany.

I scrolled through the list it gave me and what do you know it's all awful pre-packaged templates for internet videos such as "x things you won't BELIEVE still exist" nobody should watch and political crap. Thankfully I did not get any LPs on my list.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Kangra posted:

Has anyone been following the React channel LPs? They're really only good for games you already know, but the interesting aspect is seeing multiple people's play styles. This is one where the games are actually the tiny part of the screen.

One of the best was having both elders and teens play the intro to The Last of Us.
Elders:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ep8f-ChSbE
Teens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEs8t-lZe4M

There have been others -- the latest has the teens playing Portal. Notable about that is that they actually show appreciation for the self-esteem-boosting messages.

Apologies if this was posted already, searches only brought up the numerous mentions of the PewDiePie reaction video.

I wish that they would do more multiplayer stuff or more puzzle games. I don't give a poo poo about watching a bunch of people play rear end Creed but I would love to see them playing something like Ultimate Chicken Horse or other multiplayer stuff.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
I think it's interesting because the audience they get seems to not play games at all for the most part except 2 or 3 of 'em.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
You should at least watch the kids play Can Your Pet.

Spielmeister
Mar 31, 2014

Kangra posted:

After watching that one, I'm pretty sure that at least some of those kids have played the game before and were trying really hard to sound clueless, especially the light-haired girl. She seemed to know where the cameras you can knock down were by heart.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That's basically the aim of the series: Children who know exactly what they're looking at pretending very poorly that they don't, and adults who don't know what they're looking at overreacting to what are, in a video game, very mundane things.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

CJacobs posted:

That's basically the aim of the series: Children who know exactly what they're looking at pretending very poorly that they don't, and adults who don't know what they're looking at overreacting to what are, in a video game, very mundane things.

I dunno, the kids and especially the teens often say it outright when they have played a certain game. I am willing to believe their reactions are genuine.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Posted a few times about Loading Ready Run, but here's one more. They're starting to dabble in non-streamed LPs with an Agrarian Skies 2 Minecraft LP and a heavily edited Fallout 4 LP. The Fallout 4 video is pretty good, though I can't speak for the Minecraft one since I haven't watched it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eL5gMWcl9FU

Jon and Arin have at last appeared in a video together and joked around about Game Grumps for the finale of Jon's Star Wars media extravaganza adventure. It was a pretty good reveal. Now people can safely stop creeping on their lives looking for traces of their friendship being a miserable ruse that do not exist on subreddits such as conspiracygrumps.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Are there any good Halo 3 LPs out there? I doubt I'll ever get a 360 or xbone, but I still kinda want to know what's up with that space plant in Halo 2.

I tried searching youtube but I didn't have much luck.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

CJacobs posted:

Jon and Arin have at last appeared in a video together and joked around about Game Grumps for the finale of Jon's Star Wars media extravaganza adventure. It was a pretty good reveal. Now people can safely stop creeping on their lives looking for traces of their friendship being a miserable ruse that do not exist on subreddits such as conspiracygrumps.

Can, but won't.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

CJacobs posted:

Well they've had a couple years to get over the stuff the caused their friendship to end so they could spend a couple hours together to film a skit to make their audiences happy.

Notice how Suzy doesn't show up in any of this though? You know, the one that caused them to stop being friends in the first place?

And Jon deliberately wrote humiliating lines for Arin to say like calling his own dad Hitler. Seems like a bit of bad blood is still there.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

Jamesman posted:

Well they've had a couple years to get over the stuff the caused their friendship to end so they could spend a couple hours together to film a skit to make their audiences happy.

Notice how Suzy doesn't show up in any of this though? You know, the one that caused them to stop being friends in the first place?

And Jon deliberately wrote humiliating lines for Arin to say like calling his own dad Hitler. Seems like a bit of bad blood is still there.

This is all projection.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Jamesman posted:

I can't tell if you're serious

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Jamesman posted:

Please don't be that guy.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
I like it when they make jokes over video games

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why do people care so much about what two nerds friendship status is to try and analyze lines in a dumb skit?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

I can't tell if you're serious

I'm not. It's OK. It's all over now.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Unfunny Poster posted:

Why do people care so much about what two nerds friendship status is to try and analyze lines in a dumb skit?

Something about worshiping idols.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

Roar posted:

I like it when they make jokes over video games
I'm still waiting for that to start.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Apparently they're very open with their lives, but the amount of interest in the behind the scenes of the Game Grumps is super-creepy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Something about worshiping idols.

I thought the iconoclasts stopped people from doing that ages ago?

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
John Tron is a game grump?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

I thought the iconoclasts stopped people from doing that ages ago?

Can't wait for that game to finally get finished.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

RareAcumen posted:

Can't wait for that game to finally get finished.

It's called "Islam is the Light: An Azerbaijan Paradox Mega-LP"

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop

Jamesman posted:

Isn't that her in black with the two lightsabers behind Arin and C3PO during the dance part?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Cerony posted:

Isn't that her in black with the two lightsabers behind Arin and C3PO during the dance part?

Hologram.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Who gives a poo poo?

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

Dabir posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

You don't like the glame glumps?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think their videos are bad. But even if I loved everything they put out I do not, nor think anyone should, give half a poo poo about their personal lives.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Dabir posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

Well for one, the people talking about it in this thread as it is the current topic of discussion.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Dabir posted:

Who gives a poo poo?

Holograms are pretty cool.

BMS
Mar 11, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Naga posted:

Holograms are pretty cool.

Agreed.

quote:

"Cortana, tell me a joke."

"What is an Italian suppository called?"

"I don't know Cortana, I MUST KNOW."

"Innuendo."

Windows 10 rules.

I guess in relation to the thread topic, when can we expect a Game Grumps special episode of As the Falcon's Crest Turns? Gotta be hip to all internet stars personal poo poo yo.

Jamesman posted:

I TOTATLLY KNOW RIGHT. Just like the old saying, bros before ho's. But there's another saying that is relevant today because of Star Wars. Nookie before the Wookie.

I wonder which one the grumps follow?

:regd08:

F. Lobot
Jul 6, 2010

This will be Jontron's peak. What other movie behemoths have the power to sponsor a webisode this heartwarming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

I'm not sure what happened, but it seems like Youtube streaming is no longer blocked in Germany!

• Locked thread