Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Captain Oblivious posted:

Lady Consular to be sure. Though Nolan Northusar has his moments.

His delivery on "Droid, your bizarre praise makes it all worthwhile." In the Gree quest is spectacular

The female VA is better for basically every class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted

Aphrodite posted:

I think this applies to almost all games where you can choose your character's gender and I'm not sure why

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Aphrodite posted:

Male Sith Warrior kicks the hell out of female Sith Warrior though.

Inquisitor I can go either way on.

Female Bounty Hunter is Grey DeLisle so she wins by default.

Male Imperial Agent does more contextual fake accents than lady IA.

Idk the males do pretty okay generally.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Male Smuggler is better than female by far too. She romances Corso for gods sake.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Medullah posted:

Male Smuggler is better than female by far too. She romances Corso for gods sake.

Only if you pick a flirt line with him - and there's a flirt line in every single conversation. Corso is a reddit-style Nice Guy.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I've decided that I want the subscriber reward they're announcing next week to be Kephess as a companion. EC Kephess is heal spec, TFB Kephess is tank spec, and DF Kephess is DPS spec.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I'm a huge role playing nerd so I insisted on keeping it for that exact reason :shobon:

I think I still have that vendor trash gem you pick up at some point in the smuggler story.

It's gonna be worth it, you'll see. It's mint condition, barely any blood on it

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

I vastly prefer male VA for Agent, Smuggler, BH, and Inquisitor. SW is a tie. Rest is better as female VA for me.

Medullah posted:

I've decided that I want the subscriber reward they're announcing next week to be Kephess as a companion. EC Kephess is heal spec, TFB Kephess is tank spec, and DF Kephess is DPS spec.
Ooh! What if it was the ability to have 2 companions out at once? A la Mass Effect? (it's not that)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

:siren:

So reminder that we have a guild fund drive going right now! For every 1,000 credits you deposit, you get one entry into the raffle.

:siren:

The grand prize is a probe droid companion! It's a companion that you can use for combat while your other companions craft or do other stuff. :D It's also super easy to raise influence because you can use Jawa Junk to buy gifts - a stack of 99 greens gets you to about 17 influence. 400 cartel coins unlocks it for your account.

Or just sell it for 10 million on the GTN!

How do I deposit? First travel to the guild ship -

Then deposit in the guild bank!

We'll probably go for a week or so and see how it looks. Right now I'll tentatively say 12/8 is the deadline for donations.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Hulk Smash! posted:

Ooh! What if it was the ability to have 2 companions out at once? A la Mass Effect? (it's not that)

Or, you know, both the original KotoR games.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Is there any way to have the background of the chatbox there all the time? I have bad eyesight and trying to see the text without it sucks.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Verranicus posted:

Is there any way to have the background of the chatbox there all the time? I have bad eyesight and trying to see the text without it sucks.

Preferences -> Chat -> Chat Panel Alpha

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Verranicus posted:

It's a toggle somewhere in your settings called "chat panel fade." There's also a slider for its opacity. (Edit: ^^^ I think "alpha" is the slider.)

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

RFC2324 posted:

There is a checkbox on your map(upper right corner) that turns all those quests back on, apparently.

That's weird. But good to know, thanks for the info. Guess I gotta make a return trip to scratch my completionist itch.

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

The agent's male VA is my favorite in the game, I couldn't imagine playing the class without him.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

dmboogie posted:

The agent's male VA is my favorite in the game, I couldn't imagine playing the class without him.

The female is good too, but I agree, the male is better.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Cythereal posted:

Only if you pick a flirt line with him - and there's a flirt line in every single conversation. Corso is a reddit-style Nice Guy.

In some of the dialogs with him, everything's a flirt option except for one. From dialogs I've seen with other characters who are romance options, I've never seen that sort of "flirt pushing" happen.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

dmboogie posted:

Yeah, he has the perfect "rebel scum" voice, it suits the archetype perfectly.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

If anyone wants to run a Dread Palace run for comms/conquest I'll pop on in about 20 minutes.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Medullah posted:

If anyone wants to run a Dread Palace run for comms/conquest I'll pop on in about 20 minutes.

Here and waiting... Hurry up and log on before I blow all my money buying unowned mounts.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Jedi posted:

Here and waiting... Hurry up and log on before I blow all my money buying unowned mounts.

If you want to start recruiting I'll be back in about 10 minutes.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Nerd Of Prey posted:

It's a toggle somewhere in your settings called "chat panel fade." There's also a slider for its opacity. (Edit: ^^^ I think "alpha" is the slider.)

Thanks.

Unrelated, I see that doing random flashpoints now puts you in groups of any makeup? But when I did Hammer Station just now it felt like we were getting our poo poo kicked in as 4x DPS on certain groups. We cleared it, but the trash was harder than the bosses. Does it stay like this, or are later FPs more balanced to the new system?

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Verranicus posted:

Unrelated, I see that doing random flashpoints now puts you in groups of any makeup? But when I did Hammer Station just now it felt like we were getting our poo poo kicked in as 4x DPS on certain groups. We cleared it, but the trash was harder than the bosses. Does it stay like this, or are later FPs more balanced to the new system?

There's a couple FP's that, despite being Tacticals, are really rough without a healer. Hammer Station is pretty much the worst one.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Verranicus posted:

Thanks.

My experience has been that the rebalancing of all the old level 50 flashpoints to "tactical" has consisted of planting 4 kolto stations at each boss. Good luck with that. Most of them pretty much still require the good old tank-healer-dps-dps to complete.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
What made them make that change if it's so clearly not working right? Seems bizarre. I'd rather have waited for a proper group than have gone through all that.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Verranicus posted:

What made them make that change if it's so clearly not working right? Seems bizarre. I'd rather have waited for a proper group than have gone through all that.

Pre-change, it took forever to find a group for sub-max level Flashpoints. As a result, no one did them. This way, people are at least doing them.

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL

Verranicus posted:

Some are worse than others, and in my experience 4x DPS can do alright if everyone is on their game with their stuns and cooldowns, but, y'know, pubbies. At least with the way they are now you can (usually) get away with just a healer or just a tank, rather than having to wait for both. But yeah, if you see 4x DPS pop up in queue just decline, or most of the time wait for someone else to decline first. I'm sort of surprised the other three accepted, that usually doesn't happen.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Crindee posted:

Some are worse than others, and in my experience 4x DPS can do alright if everyone is on their game with their stuns and cooldowns, but, y'know, pubbies. At least with the way they are now you can (usually) get away with just a healer or just a tank, rather than having to wait for both. But yeah, if you see 4x DPS pop up in queue just decline, or most of the time wait for someone else to decline first. I'm sort of surprised the other three accepted, that usually doesn't happen.

It's not bad if all DPS are 60+ and know their classes. Shudder if it's 4 dps and a few of them are level 20.

Catsworth
Sep 30, 2009

Who doesn't wanna be Johnny Cat?

Medullah posted:

On the contrary, flirting with other guys to watch Corso flip the gently caress out is some of the best dialogue in the game. :getin:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

drat droids taking "Making it rain" too literally at the strip club.

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Catsworth posted:

On the contrary, flirting with other guys to watch Corso flip the gently caress out is some of the best dialogue in the game. :getin:

That's probably why I take every available male flirt option I can with my smuggler. Between how often he's on the receiving end of a Sithslap, how mean my smuggler is to him in dialog including keeping Torchy to sell off, and all her flirting with other guys, Corso being a niceguy is the only explanation why he's not jumped ship at the next port. It gives me mental images of him sitting on his bunk, muttering "If I keep being nice she'll come around...she has to come around eventually".

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Found a datacron I'd never clicked on this character, and it said "you can no longer access this datacron". I assume this isn't a bug, it's just a datacron that gave a legacy wide buff of some sort, probably presence?

It was pretty out in the open so I wouldn't be surprised if I'd found it on my old character back in the day.

VV Nah, I'm still finding ones that give minor stat buffs and a matrix shards.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Nov 29, 2015

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

LibbyM posted:

Found a datacron I'd never clicked on this character, and it said "you can no longer access this datacron". I assume this isn't a bug, it's just a datacron that gave a legacy wide buff of some sort, probably presence?

It was pretty out in the open so I wouldn't be surprised if I'd found it on my old character back in the day.

Datacrons so nothing anymore other than five progress towards an achievement.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

RFC2324 posted:

Datacrons so nothing anymore other than five progress towards an achievement.

Collecting all the Datacrons is still worth almost an entire end game gear piece worth of Mastery, from what goons have told me, which seems pretty good. :shrug:

Major Operation
Jan 1, 2006

LibbyM posted:

VV Nah, I'm still finding ones that give minor stat buffs and a matrix shards.

They changed datacrons to be legacy wide now, so you can only collect each one once now.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
Stat datacrons are now legacy-wide, but the shard datacrons work as they always did.

The toon I created with my free 60 token, who has never seen a single datacron, was born with 60/74 datacron codex entries and the appropriate stat bonuses (+198 Mastery, +57 Endurance, +198 Presence).

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Collecting all the Datacrons is still worth almost an entire end game gear piece worth of Mastery, from what goons have told me, which seems pretty good. :shrug:

araeris posted:

They changed datacrons to be legacy wide now, so you can only collect each one once now.

The internet lied to me :negative:

That much cooler tho, I can deal with that(and have a checklist now!)

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

David Hayter was pretty bland in vanilla (probably on purpose) but he's really upped his game in Knights of the Fallen Empire. It probably helps that the sith emperor and jedi knight are basically Joker/Batman if you play lightside route.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

If you're under- or over- geared for your level will that change your stats when you're level-locked to a planet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Thanks for the answers about Datacron's. It's nice that you don't have to go out of the way to find them on every character as long as you're thorough on one.

• Locked thread