Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Bojack rules he's a space pirate from King Kai's world

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Squallege posted:

The comments section mentioned a third Bojack special starting soon. Why would you go back to Bojack

the french are somewhat stunted intellectually

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Why do I have a feeling Broly is going to be an entrant

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

dr.acula posted:

Why do I have a feeling Broly is going to be an entrant

It'll be super saiyan god broly so he doesn't actually roid out.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Bojack sucks

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

wasn't the bojack movie actually the most-toryiama involved of them all prior to BoG

I could have sworn I read this on planet namek

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The Bojack movie owned until Bojack showed up.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

"Oh poo poo, no more Bojack" seems to be a running gag with DBM now, I wonder if the authors are conscious about it.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal

Stairmaster posted:

wasn't the bojack movie actually the most-toryiama involved of them all prior to BoG

Yeah, I think he did the character designs for Bojack and his crew. And back in the Planet Namek days, that one was considered hands down the best DBZ movie, along with Janemba.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Astro Nut posted:

So... chapter 6 of Super is out.

Holy poo poo they retconned the dragonballs again. And yes, they vetoed Gohan out of competing on the grounds that he's become a bookworm, though the Goku says it makes it seem like he doesn't think Gohan has the right attitude to be able to train and catch up. Piccolo unfortunately doesn't seem like he'll be part of it (instead, he gets to realise some insight on why Goku and Vegeta have their respective wives), Buu's in, and Champa's confirmed that he does have saiyans available to him. Beerus claims that the fifth fighter will be the strongest opponent he's ever faced. So there's unless there's some secret twist involved, we might actually be getting a new character. At the very least there's likely to be this 'Zunou' fellow, at the possible expense of this turning into GT 2.0.

Who or what is a zunou?

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

XboxPants posted:

Who or what is a zunou?

A new character who's supposed to know pretty much everything about the universe.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

XboxPants posted:

Who or what is a zunou?

Some omniscient dude talked about by Jaco in the newest chapter.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
...and one day, Goku will punch him really hard. And then Goku will be the strongest that ever was.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

New Leaf posted:

I'm talking about this DBM Cell. Popping his own head off, inhaling a smoke monster, growing giant at will (which I know is a Namekian thing but still)..

All of this seems completely reasonable.

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
So Zunou is gonna make Old Kai completely redundant.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

sharktamer posted:

So Zunou is gonna make Old Kai completely redundant.

The kais were already redundant when they were introduced outside of King Kai's planet.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

New Leaf posted:

...and one day, Vegeta will punch him really hard. Because he will try to touch Bulma's funbags..

That's how it'll go down.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Stairmaster posted:

the answer is "not really"

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/production/toriyama/#dbz_movies

he just did character designs on it like he did for most of them

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Holy poo poo DBS episode 21 spoilers:

Tagoma punked Shisami out (and Gohan) and spared Piccolo that embarrassment from RoF. Ginyu coming back and Gotenks makes this a lot better.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

I never exactly understood the deal with Bojack. He was trapped in King Kai's planet, right (how that was able to hold someone nearly at SSJ2 level, I'm still not sure)? So I would think that meant that he was a being that was part of that realm. But if he was, why did he immediately go to Earth after being released? And if he was actually from the living world, how did he wind up in the afterlife to be sealed in KK's planet?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
According to the translation I saw he and his crew were sealed away by the power of the four Kais combined. North Kai dying is what released him. He wasn't literally in his little planetoid.

The place Bojack fights Gohan is some alien planet because the setting is some kind of galactic martial arts tournament. The Z fighters clear the earth-only prelims and get launched into space to fight the galactic fighters, all of which have been murdered and replaced by Bojack's crew.

Why that happened, I don't know maybe they revived nearby and felt power levels, or plot

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Would vegeta vote for Donald Trump or Hillary "pizza and anal" Clinton?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Agoat posted:

Would vegeta vote for Donald Trump or Hillary "pizza and anal" Clinton?

He's an illegal alien, what do you think?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Bojack is a weird movie in that it is a movie were the villians don't have a motive or much of an origin. Most DBZ movies at least have those.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

visceril posted:

According to the translation I saw he and his crew were sealed away by the power of the four Kais combined. North Kai dying is what released him. He wasn't literally in his little planetoid.

Oh I see. Still, considering none of the Kai's are that powerful to begin with, that's still surprising.

So he wasn't sealed in the actual planetoid, but was sealed somewhere in space?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Mr Interweb posted:

Oh I see. Still, considering none of the Kai's are that powerful to begin with, that's still surprising.

So he wasn't sealed in the actual planetoid, but was sealed somewhere in space?

Maybe?

Bojak: Unbound had an excuse plot and was just a retread of the Cell Games.

None of this was explained in the movie and the writers probably didn't care if it made sense.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Yeah I have to stress that the plots of the movies make no sense, and are pretenses for recreating fights from the manganime with Original Characters

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

visceril posted:

The place Bojack fights Gohan is some alien planet because the setting is some kind of galactic martial arts tournament. The Z fighters clear the earth-only prelims and get launched into space to fight the galactic fighters, all of which have been murdered and replaced by Bojack's crew.

uh what no did you not watch the movie. The tournament was underground.

Caros
May 14, 2008

Mr Interweb posted:

I never exactly understood the deal with Bojack. He was trapped in King Kai's planet, right (how that was able to hold someone nearly at SSJ2 level, I'm still not sure)? So I would think that meant that he was a being that was part of that realm. But if he was, why did he immediately go to Earth after being released? And if he was actually from the living world, how did he wind up in the afterlife to be sealed in KK's planet?

Presumably the Kai's used some weird technique to rather than raw power to seal up Bojack and his men inside a star. Think something like the Mafuba which doesn't require you to be stronger than the person you're using it on.

Once the group of them were released they apparently made a rush for earth because they felt the power being released as a result of the Cell games. His stated reason in the film is that he wants to thank Goku for killing King Kai by... killing Gohan. Bojack is a total sociopath in the movie so I guess this makes sense? Not his best plan honestly.

And yeah, the last part of the tournament took place in a specially designed arena. The first phase was a battle royale, then they took the winners of that and sent them into an arena to fight 'aliens' who were supposed to be Mr. Satan's students in dumb costumes but who were instead Bojack's Galaxy Warriors. Why did they impersonate Satan's guys? How did they know how to do that? hosed if I know but it made for a cool movie.

The whole tournament was funded by a game named X.S. Cash as a cool treat for his son's birthday. I do love dragonball sometimes.

Caros fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Nov 29, 2015

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think they were just some wrestlers because mr.satan doesn't seem very upset that they got murdered. He does get upset that he has to go fight them though.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Rudoku posted:

He's an illegal alien, what do you think?

This is a much funnier post than I was expecting.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

These changes to Revival F are fantastic. Can't wait for next episode - Freeza DOES get to see Trunks since Goten/Trunks/Gotenks are getting involved, Ginyu is back and involved, and they fixed the "power level" stuff (having someone actually training with Freeza to make them formidable as opposed to whatever the hell happened in the movie).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's good that Tagoma us strong as hell as a by product of Frieza's training, even though it stretches disbelief. Gohan being a super jobber is never going to end, even though he should god-stomp all 1000, including this stronger Tagoma without a second thought.

I don't know why they dropped Tagoma's scoutershades either, they were the best thing about him.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Oh man, the expression on Piccolo's face as he's holding Gohan.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the ROF changes are indeed good so far

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's good that Tagoma us strong as hell as a by product of Frieza's training, even though it stretches disbelief. Gohan being a super jobber is never going to end, even though he should god-stomp all 1000, including this stronger Tagoma without a second thought.

I don't know why they dropped Tagoma's scoutershades either, they were the best thing about him.

Gohan becoming the new Yamcha makes me laugh now, so I'm fine with it.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Darko posted:

Gohan becoming the new Yamcha makes me laugh now, so I'm fine with it.
I agree, It's getting so silly how weak he supposedly became that it's becoming funny.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That sounds really lovely

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Baal posted:

That sounds really lovely

What sound lovely?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU