Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WugLyfe posted:

This would be really fun

Then he would never be made mod.

Jk, Intruder. I really like your approach so far and I think TFF has been really fun under your administration.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Chichevache posted:

Then he would never be made mod.

Jk, Intruder. I really like your approach so far and I think TFF has been really fun under your administration.

Jury is still out till he permabans Lord Waffle for his boasting thread.

I guess unless the Seahawks win.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
lwb may already be perma'd, i think

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
LWB for mod.

Start banning people for being fraud posters.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Jerry Jones posted:

I don’t think push is the word for it. We felt the risk was worth the potential for having him be the impact he can be and really having a fairytale turnaround and doing something that was special. And to me, that’s what we’re about, that’s what sports is about. You shouldn’t ever quit trying to do something extraordinary.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Translated - "I'm willing to risk the health of another person for a stupid and pointless loving cause"

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

So not only is Amendola out, but Williams is too :barf:

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

WugLyfe posted:

God is good

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

:siren: free agent wes welker

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Cut from the rams?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I thought I read that they cut him, but apparently I was wrong.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

WugLyfe posted:

like it matters

some jackass WR from Army will catch a game winning TD and get cut the next day by Belichick

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

WugLyfe posted:

The guy with 2 receptions? OK.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Don't worry patriot fans, you can safely root for the Bengals once your season collapses.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Don't worry patriot fans, you can safely root for the Bengals once your season collapses.

That won't be an option in the divisional round.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Hijo Del Helmsley posted:

drat, that's a shame. Seems to be happening to just about every city now.

Rich people eventually remembered that commuting sucks

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
Some really good games tomorrow. Going to be a great game of football. Plus the Panthers already got their win by wrecking the Cowboys on national, primetime TV. This is a great week.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Translated - "I'm willing to risk the health of another person for a stupid and pointless loving cause"

It's not like Romo was forced to play before he wanted to.

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.
Romo is a 36 year old man who has had 3 breaks of the same clavicle bone. His career as a professional athlete is over. The question is which network hires him as a commentator?

My hope is that he replaces Phil Simms, who is awful.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Romo and Ed Reed commentary. Reed doesn't ever say anything, you just occasionally cut to him stroking his hobo beard.

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do
Romo can probably Peyton his way through at least one more year imo

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Romo to commentator, with the added caveat that he does the Arts and Crafty Tony Romo voice + stare/smile into the camera whenever the rest of the commentary team says something dumb or irrelevant.

A quick cut to Romo just creepily smiling at the camera while the rest of the crew debates if Olivia Munn is having an impact on Aaron Rodgers during a GB game next season would be emmy worthy.

TSBX
Apr 24, 2010
Ross, I hope your team does well but lose due to a Bort come-from-behind victory. Phillip "The Stache" Rivers will get 2 TD's on our secondary no problem, but your WR's will need pogo sticks to make consistent plays. Our DL will get 1 or 2 sacks but will not be a factor into Rivers' play, and the big plays will come when we blitz to compensate for our lack of pressure when rushing just the front 4. Allen Robinson will end up with another 100+ yd game and Hurns will get a TD. Bort will also throw 2 INT's. This has been my prediction and God Bless Your Hearts for reading.

(24-20 Jaguars Win.)

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

TSBX posted:

Ross, I hope your team does well but lose due to a Bort come-from-behind victory. Phillip "The Stache" Rivers will get 2 TD's on our secondary no problem, but your WR's will need pogo sticks to make consistent plays. Our DL will get 1 or 2 sacks but will not be a factor into Rivers' play, and the big plays will come when we blitz to compensate for our lack of pressure when rushing just the front 4. Allen Robinson will end up with another 100+ yd game and Hurns will get a TD. Bort will also throw 2 INT's. This has been my prediction and God Bless Your Hearts for reading.

(24-20 Jaguars Win.)

I hope we lose 35-3

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eifert Posting posted:

Romo and Ed Reed commentary. Reed doesn't ever say anything, you just occasionally cut to him stroking his hobo beard.

I'd watch a game if the commentary was just one really good Play-By-Play guy and for color you just have a scare-cam-style shot of Ed Reed in the corner reacting to things and stroking his beard.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Eifert Posting posted:

Romo keeps trying to say something whitty, but every time Ed Reed gets to the punchline first.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

:thumbsup:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I wouldn't say Romos career is over, he clearly got rushed back and the bone probably wasn't all the way healed.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
10 early games and 2 late games. Come the gently caress on NFL. Just play them all at noon and let us take the afternoon off.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ribsauce posted:

10 early games and 2 late games. Come the gently caress on NFL. Just play them all at noon and let us take the afternoon off.

but my team's ~body clocks~

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Ribsauce posted:

Considering I just woke up at 6:30 AM to be ready for tailgating I'm gonna go with

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm nope

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

Nodoze posted:

I wouldn't say Romos career is over, he clearly got rushed back and the bone probably wasn't all the way healed.

And mathematically they aren't eliminated from the playoffs either. How long have you been a Cowboys fan? Are you a member of an anonymous support group?

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Ribsauce posted:

Just make the splits even. Or close to even. 7/5 if not 6/6.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

But America needs to watch Phil Simms jeem his way through a steelers seahawks game.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole
It's a loving clavicle break. Stop circle jerking the "Romos career is over" hot take. Maybe with Dallas, but if he wants to play then he still can and plenty of teams would take him.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25393773/report-dolphins-front-office-coaching-staff-split-on-ryan-tannehill

quote:

Nothing divides a franchise quite like a debate surrounding a franchise quarterback. Ryan Tannehill's apparently in the middle of a serious rift within the Dolphins organization.

Well, "debate" would imply it's between two sides with equal power. The distinction here, according to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, is a rift between the front office and the coaching staff.

The front office sees Tannehill as the face of the franchise and a future "franchise quarterback."

The coaching staff apparently wants Tannehill to be a game manager.

“What I’ve told Ryan is, ‘I don’t need Superman.’ … I just want to make sure my message to him is don’t try to be someone you’re not,” Miami head coach Dan Campbell said a few weeks ago. “Just manage the game for us. Make the throws that are there, which he will.”

The problems leaks into the offense, where Tannehill doesn't have full control. If he gets to the line of scrimmage and wants to check into a different play, he can't.

Lazor, meanwhile, has limited the audibles Tannehill can call at the line of scrimmage. The Miami quarterback can change the play at the line if he deems it necessary, but he can only change to choices already served up to him by Lazor before the offense breaks the huddle.

As Salguero writes, "whereas some savvy NFL quarterbacks can read the defense in front of them and then change the play to anything in the playbook, the Dolphins offer Tannehill the chance to change it to Option A or Option B as provided by Lazor when the play to be run is called."

Tannehill not having full control of the offense isn't why the Dolphins struggle at times. Lacking control of the offense doesn't excuse completely missing pressure coming from defenses.

But when you give a guy $96 million over a lengthy contract to lock him up as your quarterback for the long haul and then decline to give him control of the offense it sends mixed messages.

Although at this point expecting the entire Dolphins organization to magically get on the same page is pretty silly. Hopefully the next coaching staff the front office hires will at least share some of the same ideas.

lol

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Ribsauce posted:

Jesus. Why do they do this poo poo? Totally kills Redzone

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

three posted:

It's a loving clavicle break. Stop circle jerking the "Romos career is over" hot take. Maybe with Dallas, but if he wants to play then he still can and plenty of teams would take him.

Until he inevitably shatters like leaded glassware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Malloreon posted:

Just make the splits even. Or close to even. 7/5 if not 6/6.
I should have made it clear, but that is what I was really getting at. If you're gonna have afternoon games, make it more even, or else don't bother. Why would you do such an extreme split? At least throw out 4 late games.

• Locked thread