Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
OK ive had a couple of months of this game and now I'm starting to feel the itch again. Think ill have to log in Tocatta or Unfetereds on red pretty soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pratan
Dec 31, 2006

On a break for a bit. Mage is still 57, will probably come back in awhile and get him to 60, then get my lovely erudite SK to 60.

smiling giraffe
Nov 12, 2015

Pillow Armadillo posted:

What level are you now? Thought I'd play the ranger or wizard some more tonight.

Sorry I missed this. I'm 37 now, back at work this week though so won't be on as much.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe
anyone care to exchange some pp on blue for pp on red?

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

KingFisher posted:

anyone care to exchange some pp on blue for pp on red?

This is against server rules now FYI.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Ahh so happy, Vyemm finally dropped his dagger tonight. Been like 15 20 vyemm kills, never dropped. Got the first one on red, Happy it was a good upgrade finally. Will make one hell of a ranged item too once I get Claw of Lightning, I think its still better then a primal bow too but not sure. Bow allows to shoot for pvp plus it has some stats too, just not as good as vyemm fang. Think for red server the primal bow is obvious choice though. Been rocking a machine gun 10/17 bow and for pvp any pure-melee I come up I can negate a fungi regen, interupt any pumice/gate pot/wands casted instantly. Any goons coming over to Red that wand to raid/pvp or just plain raid, look for Empire. If not interested in anything but playing red and having fun, send a tell to Penthesilea in game and i can get you some newbie starter gear, plat etc.

Daaz
Feb 20, 2004

D.I.Y.
Back! Playing my 46 bard Daaz on blue. Say waddup and give me velious loots tia

Friendly
Oct 9, 2012
I started playing yesterday and already had the pleasure of meeting Aedrik. I was wondering if anyone is available to give me an invite to the guild?

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

Pwnz0r posted:

Ahh so happy, Vyemm finally dropped his dagger tonight. Been like 15 20 vyemm kills, never dropped. Got the first one on red, Happy it was a good upgrade finally. Will make one hell of a ranged item too once I get Claw of Lightning, I think its still better then a primal bow too but not sure. Bow allows to shoot for pvp plus it has some stats too, just not as good as vyemm fang. Think for red server the primal bow is obvious choice though. Been rocking a machine gun 10/17 bow and for pvp any pure-melee I come up I can negate a fungi regen, interupt any pumice/gate pot/wands casted instantly. Any goons coming over to Red that wand to raid/pvp or just plain raid, look for Empire. If not interested in anything but playing red and having fun, send a tell to Penthesilea in game and i can get you some newbie starter gear, plat etc.

i know who your latest forums alt is now! the duckman is always lurking in the shadows! secret's safe with me ;)

Edit: welp, for various reasons I decided to become a sellout and apply to <Empire>. how's the line for rogue poo poo Agatha?

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Dec 4, 2015

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
common mistake, I am not actually agatha. His former sub 60 pvp rogue was Banksy, When a certain person got people banned, I took over my brothers rogue and banksy is now my main. Luckily I recovered quickly with sow sword, mrylokar, etc. Sorry to disappoint but no duckman here. Also rogue line aint too bad, we did have a dry spell of 1 months with no good rogue weapons just the crappy ones. But were due for some claws, batons, flames, flame etched etc all to drop now.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Jupe then?

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Indeed, Been known by Jupe or Push. Prefer Jupe, My current characters name just happens to be a poo poo name right now, not something i chose. If it weren't already geared up and vp keyed when I took it over I would've just rerolled.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Pre-18 Bard kiting is rough. drat it.

Pwnz0r
Sep 21, 2005
Yeah the denons dot at 18 is probably by far the best, slightly longer range on it as well. Plus selos moves pretty slow sub 30. I recently took a second bard up, but used a dragon tooth in a group to get him 1-28ish in like 35 mins in unrest then straight to OT, did anywhere from 5-10 kites and within a few days had a 50 bard. Not sure if you are on red or blue, but on red all you need to do to make the exp increase a ton is add +1 afk person to your group, or 2 at most. Was easy finding leechers for me. I only pulled sarnaks/cactus/cockatrices, Soon as you get selos chords of cessation that dot is a pretty big hit even though its 2 ticks(does not stack with lvl 54s PBaoe snare/slow though. I took him up to CS after that, 51-54 in a few days of on and off kiting(died more in CS then any other place so far, mostly because how mobs bug out if not on flat ground even for a second) at 54 its maybe 10% a swarm kite due to some total 25ish wyverns but the raw plat/vendorable gems + real questable armor gems is huge. I would highly suggest swarming CS if you can.

If you do go to CS, some things you might want to prep: kill a few dogs/giants in GD(dogs you can swarm easy) get even 10 or 15 faction hits, then you can sing your faction song on skyshrine mobs like wyverns, and become dubious. This helps not needing invis for the drakes and such, After that you just just pull everything, lulling the drakes when need be. Avoid yvolcarn if you want, or just kite him in your swarm(He will resist everything, even at 54-55 when AE lands, he will have 60-70% hp while the other stuff is long dead). Wyvern pelts, vendor gems, runes/words 2pp per lots of common stackable ones. I want to say I pulled around 18k out of that not including what I made off selling armor gems.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
The real problem I'm having is I can't get close enough to land the level 2 dot without getting hit. I've read a lot about how to make it work but I just can't reliably get it done. Hoping the 18 dot fixes that problem for me.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Man that was a hard decision to leave TMO but I'm really enjoying my time in Empire. Was a little worried how I'd be received since I troll a lot of Empire people on the forums but I'm glad they all have a good sense of humor about it. Shout outs to pwnz0r for making me feel welcome in the guild, especially since I don't really know anyone except the other players who came from TMO.

Really hope I didn't end up killing TMO though -- Xepiz and I leaving is a really big deal to them and neither of us knew we would be leaving at the same time like that. And it looks like most of the long term core is jumping ship with us.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 7, 2015

Anarch
Feb 22, 2011

In the midnight hour...

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Really hope I didn't end up killing TMO though -- Xepiz and I leaving is a really big deal to them and neither of us knew we would be leaving at the same time like that. And it looks like most of the long term core is jumping ship with us.
There can only be one! (Seriously, who can blame you? Red should just be renamed "Empire" at this point.)

Meanwhile, back on blue, Welt is nearly 53 and has 7/10 of VP key complete. *flex*

Niedar
Apr 21, 2010

Tashan Dorrsett posted:

Man that was a hard decision to leave TMO but I'm really enjoying my time in Empire. Was a little worried how I'd be received since I troll a lot of Empire people on the forums but I'm glad they all have a good sense of humor about it. Shout outs to pwnz0r for making me feel welcome in the guild, especially since I don't really know anyone except the other players who came from TMO.

Yeah I kind of figured TMO was dead which is why I haven't really logged on at all recently. Pretty much the day after Pandemonium guys went to Empire it seemed like all organized activity stopped and all that was left was just small groups of people doing their own thing. So this is the second time on this server I have joined a guild and then it disbands within a couple weeks. The first was when a bunch of us joined Eternal Light and the same thing happened.

The health of the red server is really bad and seems to be getting even worse. You have one guild pretty much dominating the server because they have more members/gear than anyone else and they seem to actually be organized and able to last without having the guild fall apart around them. This has resulted in a positive feedback loop where the majority of end game players have been forced to join them in their quest for more pixels. The only people with the knowledge and dedication to the game that could provide a credible opposing force seem to be either too toxic or inept at leadership to actually challenge Empire in anything other than ganks.

I think part of this would be helped by having more players on the server but that is unlikely to ever happen and so I think this problem will never get fixed and the server will basically be a one guild raiding sandbox.

Not sure what I want to do right now. I am still pretty new to Everquest only having played for 3 maybe 4 months total if you added up the time I have played over the past year and a half. On the one hand, I think what is the point of playing on a PvP server when its morphing into a single guild PvE pixelquest but then again I would probably enjoy that all the same considering I don't even really have raid experience. Really only done some ToV and Kael stuff with TMO and a Plane raid back when I had joined Eternal Light.

But since I play pretty casually and I see all these stats about Empire raid attendance of close to 100% added to the number of members they have I will probably never get those pixels. I saw the announcement of some new single box progression servers on EQ Live and wonder if I would rather try that out than keep on playing here.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
^ pretty much this.

the "resistance" side doesn't understand some very simple things that empire does: there aren't a lot of good players on this server and experienced ones are always quitting. you can never create the fantasy guild of 50 elite poopsocker neckbeards. or, you can't run an everquest guild like a warcraft guild.

if they ever want to get anywhere, they have to learn that you have to take new players who just hit 50-56 or whatever and get them immersed into the game. make them want to log in. teach them the game mechanics instead of treating them like they're stupid and constantly recruit when they burn out and leave. no matter what you do, a red guild will always be a revolving door of players, but only one guild knows how to deal with this and thrives upon it (empire)

before empire (holocaust) started doing these things, they were a small elitist pvp clique who were losing the server.

Tashan Dorrsett fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Dec 8, 2015

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...
Does anyone on Blue have an RBB or RBG sitting around they might want to sell?

I've been haunting the tunnel for days without seeing a reasonable price on one and it's getting painful sitting around tunnelsocking rather than getting exp and having gaye off colour adventures with my mates.

Reply here or in game to Tissamo during evening hours!

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

Never Been Banned posted:

Does anyone on Blue have an RBB or RBG sitting around they might want to sell?

I've been haunting the tunnel for days without seeing a reasonable price on one and it's getting painful sitting around tunnelsocking rather than getting exp and having gaye off colour adventures with my mates.

Reply here or in game to Tissamo during evening hours!

An RBG just came and went on the forums while i was a work. Son of a bitch!

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est

Never Been Banned posted:

An RBG just came and went on the forums while i was a work. Son of a bitch!

Allasra is selling an RBB in EC right now. I'll send them a tell saying you're interested.

Edit: if you don't see Allasra on, feel free to message Mamael. They've friended you.

Meatgrinder fucked around with this message at 12:40 on Dec 9, 2015

Never Been Banned
Sep 7, 2004
Okay well, maybe once...

Meatgrinder posted:

Allasra is selling an RBB in EC right now. I'll send them a tell saying you're interested.

Edit: if you don't see Allasra on, feel free to message Mamael. They've friended you.

Nice, thanks!

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Really been enjoying Empire so far. Oddly enough it feels a lot more casual feeling to have a "raid schedule" than constantly getting text messages begging you to log in at odd hours of the day because !!!an npc is up!!! You don't really get the small guild perks from everyone knowing each other, but they have a really chillax and laid back atmosphere in raids which more than makes up for that. Definitely not the guild they used to be back when I played with them for a while in Holocaust.

Also glad they decided to make the rest of the month optional for the holidays. I kind of want to let the dust settle with the whole TMO thing before I get right back into poopsocking and growing out my neckbeard with a new guild, but at the same time I didn't want to give them the wrong message by joining their guild and having lovely attendance off the bat.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Finally learned how to swarm kite with the level 2 song, which leads me to my question:

Dear Pro Bards: When I'm driving with the mouse, I can only turn 180 degrees in either direction with the mouse, is there a setting that lets me remove that limit or is it something I just have to live with?

Edit: Nevermind, discovered this was an issue with using WINE on a Mac.

Fix here for the curious: https://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=679638&postcount=9

Tomahawk fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Dec 10, 2015

MooselanderII
Feb 18, 2004

Any cool dudes wanna help me do some muling on red? I am scared to xfer by dropping bags.

Tashan Dorrsett
Apr 10, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx

MooselanderII posted:

Any cool dudes wanna help me do some muling on red? I am scared to xfer by dropping bags.

Do you have my number? I can't remember. If you do text me and I'll help you out.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Is Lahara from red still trolling this thread?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Hope it worked out!

ohno
Sep 11, 2001

I don't play P99 anymore, and probably never will. Over the past few weeks, I've given away about 500k in items and plat to in game friends that are still playing, which pretty much cemented my choice to never return to P99. But, I can't bring myself to delete my characters, so I figured they might as well get some use with friends or goons - better to have them running around than permanently in the grave.

So - does anyone want to borrow and play my level 60 Iksar SK?

It's on the blue server, has an epic, is VP keyed, and also happens to have the best SK name on the server. I'm not giving away the account, but I'm not planning on playing P99 again either - so I wouldn't mind letting someone use it for their own enjoyment. This isn't a first come first serve deal, I'd ideally like to loan the character to someone that already has time invested in the blue server, and knows they want to continue to play there. I will still own the EMU login, have access to the account, and might check in occasionally - but I won't do anything with the character if you're actually playing it. If this works (i.e. you don't delete the epic or do some other bat poo poo crazy thing with the account), I'd also be willing to share my 60 cleric, 60 shaman, and 60 rogue at some point (but not my bard!).

PM me if you're interested.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

ohno posted:

I don't play P99 anymore, and probably never will. Over the past few weeks, I've given away about 500k in items and plat to in game friends that are still playing, which pretty much cemented my choice to never return to P99. But, I can't bring myself to delete my characters, so I figured they might as well get some use with friends or goons - better to have them running around than permanently in the grave.

So - does anyone want to borrow and play my level 60 Iksar SK?

It's on the blue server, has an epic, is VP keyed, and also happens to have the best SK name on the server. I'm not giving away the account, but I'm not planning on playing P99 again either - so I wouldn't mind letting someone use it for their own enjoyment. This isn't a first come first serve deal, I'd ideally like to loan the character to someone that already has time invested in the blue server, and knows they want to continue to play there. I will still own the EMU login, have access to the account, and might check in occasionally - but I won't do anything with the character if you're actually playing it. If this works (i.e. you don't delete the epic or do some other bat poo poo crazy thing with the account), I'd also be willing to share my 60 cleric, 60 shaman, and 60 rogue at some point (but not my bard!).

PM me if you're interested.

I would love to play your toons to farm items for my toon/see content I won't be able to. I probably don't meet the criteria, but if I do I wouldn't mind E-mail and maybe we can exchange phone numbers or something for security.

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

last weekend I(60 druid) drowned in lake rathe by not paying attention in the slightest to casting EB. I didn't get dispelled, I had plenty of mana, I had plenty of reagents, I just forgot.

today I(60 druid) got killed by greens in CC because I wasn't paying attention, ran out of mana and forgot to recharge my WC cap. I did make it to the guards! but died before they could save me

i am no good at everquest

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
:owned:

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
I logged my 60 wiz to get the cobalt scar key and the velious portal spells... decided to run back up the CS tower to key back into Skyshrine. Ran into the wyverns not realizing my invis was down, no sweat, I'm just gonna key in...wait where is my loving key... check bag 1, check bag 2, ....LOADING PLEASE WAIT.

I purposely ate the exp loss to teach myself a lesson... which is don't play this game.

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

Hm, I login, go to character screen, press Enter World and.... After about 10 minutes I get the login screen again. I've tried twice in a row with the same character, who's logged out in Great Divide.

Any thoughts? Did I miss an update somewhere for WinEQ or p1999 that I should've run? (I logged in fine this morning)

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Can you log in on other characters?

Meatgrinder
Jul 11, 2003

It somehow sorted itself out, I restarted until it worked. No clue what was going on, and I still have a lot of lag. Bah.

gay for gacha
Dec 22, 2006

Pwnz0r posted:

Guess TMO took a hit on red or something, Had 10-15 new apps to Empire. Had 88 in ToV today for misc stuff, parsed over 1800 melee dps on eashen/ikky, 1200 on klandi but klandi sucks and we had less people for it anyway. Was a few weeks ago but I recall having some 1200 dps on vyemm and he was dropping super quick, before a few more rogues/monks acquired primals. Looking like Red will be doing some AoW attempts/kills soon now that we have enough clerics in one spot! Can't wait to kill that bastard. Too bad giants bane doesn't work on AoW, At least I am assuming this because technically hes not a giant, and I heard it doesn't work on statue and they should be classified as the same thing. Finally saw that Lance of Thunder drop, good stats, but probably best looking weapon in game also! A ogre just happened to loot it, and its huge.

If anyone is starting out new on red and needs some newbie gear/slots/weapons let me know, Don't really have a full set of anything in particular but I have misc pieces of this and that everything from ravenscale to blackened iron, some random kael/sg/ww armor drops(dragon hide legs, arms) Got various weapons, mostly piercers. I have just been placing it all on level 1s to look cool so far, don't feel like selling it. I check this thread daily so feel free to post up. PS if you are starting on red, and want to raid end game, cleric shaman enchanter pretty good class to be!

what's your ign?

Atreus
Sep 20, 2005
Nostalgia has hit me and I've been playing on blue. Enchanters, enchanters everywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Fun Shoe
Welcome to the madness. Post your character name so we can give you goodies.