Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

beerinator posted:

Here's a cheeseburger you can look at.

I'm full as poo poo after my first of many Thanksgivings but I would still make room for that sucker.

Jose posted:

what are peoples favourite burger condiments

If I was on a deserted island and could only have 2 burger condiments, it would be mustard and red onions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
by condiments i mean sauces and things like that. red onions are a given

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Jose posted:

what are peoples favourite burger condiments

Another burg.

Jose posted:

by condiments i mean sauces and things like that. red onions are a given

e: I stand by my choice.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I like a bit of mayo if there is a tomato involved. Otherwise just some mustard. I can't stand ketchup on meat, it just ruins it for me. Likewise I find most barbecue sauces to sweet and out of place on a burg.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Best all around burger condiment is red relish.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Grey poupon mustard. Lots of it. The French-made, not US.

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO
i told a workmate today to put peanut butter on his burg next time he has one with bacon

from the look on his face he either died inside or wet himself

probably both??? anyway you goons should totally check that poo poo out, it's pathetic how good it tastes and really makes you want to cry-slam a dozen burgs in response

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Force de Fappe posted:

Grey poupon mustard. Lots of it. The French-made, not US.

What's the difference?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Norns posted:

What's the difference?

Probably HFCS.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Norns posted:

What's the difference?

So serious question. When I was in paris, literally eveything tasted better. The bread was better, the butter was better. Everything.

Was that just tourist rose colored glasses or is it something else and can I capture it here at home?

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ron Jeremy posted:

So serious question. When I was in paris, literally eveything tasted better. The bread was better, the butter was better. Everything.

Was that just tourist rose colored glasses or is it something else and can I capture it here at home?

The bread didn't have corn syrup and the butter was probably cultured (as in bacteria that gave it flavor, not as in a trip to the Louvre).

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Bake your own bread, buy butter at farmers markets?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Norns posted:

Bake your own bread, buy butter at farmers markets?

This is the closest I've come.

Around here we have a really good dairy that has cultured butters, each with a unique and delicious flavor and texture, so I'm pretty spoiled.

There's a few artisan bakers too but I prefer my own bread, warm from the oven.

Swedish Metal
Jun 17, 2003

The only one that can do what I do is me. Lot of people had to die for me to be me. You wanna be me?

Aaronicon posted:

i told a workmate today to put peanut butter on his burg next time he has one with bacon

from the look on his face he either died inside or wet himself

probably both??? anyway you goons should totally check that poo poo out, it's pathetic how good it tastes and really makes you want to cry-slam a dozen burgs in response

This 100x over. Screw eggs on burgers, peanut butter is the way to go. It adds such a great depth of flavor. People will always be skeptical until they try it themselves.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Swedish Metal posted:

This 100x over. Screw eggs on burgers, peanut butter is the way to go. It adds such a great depth of flavor. People will always be skeptical until they try it themselves.

Fight me irl.

Swedish Metal
Jun 17, 2003

The only one that can do what I do is me. Lot of people had to die for me to be me. You wanna be me?

Ron Jeremy posted:

Fight me irl.

It would be an honor to fight my life long idol.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Bring it, Monday.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Why does five guys hate buns so much?

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009

Swedish Metal posted:

I'm curious to try it now I guess. I guess it would be good because it is a roast peanut flavour that is mostly fat.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Norns posted:

Why does five guys hate buns so much?

Truly a question for the ages.

They even go and toast them up, but then counter act it by wrapping the burg as tightly as they can in tin foil to steam and mash the poor bun all up :(

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Norns posted:

What's the difference?

I actually do not know. It's just that whenever I bring up how Grey Poupon is one of the finest mustards I know about, Usanians seem to intermittently recoil with horror and laugh in disgust. So I just assume it's a different product. The French-made GP is incredibly sharp and bitey, with less vinegar and salt than that vile Maille poo poo and no real discernible sugar component. It makes incredibly good vinaigrette - people literally text me from shopping trips in Sweden asking me the name of that mustard I used to make that salad dressing they still rave about. And it's awesome on a smashburg, preferrably with a nice little mound of lightly browned buttery onions on top and a slice of Jarlsberg to counteract the heat.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Mustard is basically mandatory, sometimes I also add a bit of mustard to the pan when searing the patty. I'll either leave it at that or then add mayo + a lug or two of something else: chipotle tobasco, blair's ultra death sauce if i'm completely shithoused, pickle relish, basically any hot sauce or weird tangy/sweet poo poo that I have in the fridge that will go with the mayo

butros
Aug 2, 2007

Burged today. Peter Lugers.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
I woke up one morning and found I had lots of patties, lots of bacon and lots of egg, but only one bun. The challenge was accepted, and delicious.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Had the patty melt at Whataburger, so good, no picture

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!
How do y'all feel about vegetarian burgers.

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009

Bobfly posted:

If you're replacing the meat with a portobello mushroom, then I have no problems with it. Plenty of flavour in a grilled or deep fried mushroom.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Bobfly posted:

They're alright. I do boca burgers every once in a while. Nothing beats a good beef patty though.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Bobfly posted:

Falafel can easily be made into a noble burger. Preferrably sliders, the crust is where it's at so the patties can't be too big and thick.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
there is this israeli cafe here that does the best falafel, super soft in the centre and crunchy. They also wrap an avocado half with the falafel mix and fry it as well. I dream of eating it on a burger.

they call it the bite

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Raphisonfire posted:

If you're replacing the meat with a portobello mushroom, then I have no problems with it. Plenty of flavour in a grilled or deep fried mushroom.

I prefer replacing both mushroom and burger pattie with a big slice of haloumi.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Big Willy Style posted:

there is this israeli cafe here that does the best falafel, super soft in the centre and crunchy. They also wrap an avocado half with the falafel mix and fry it as well. I dream of eating it on a burger.

they call it the bite

Holy moly. That sounds amazing!

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

butros posted:

Burged today. Peter Lugers.

Is it everything I dream of and more?

Tempted to burg for lunch today now.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

JohnCompany posted:

Is it everything I dream of and more?

Tempted to burg for lunch today now.

loving amazing

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

butros posted:

loving amazing

OK now I'm hungry...

Hungry Jack's is incapable of making burgers that don't look like they've been made by a blind person, but their peri peri sauce is pretty tasty...

Raphisonfire
May 2, 2009

iajanus posted:

OK now I'm hungry...

Hungry Jack's is incapable of making burgers that don't look like they've been made by a blind person, but their peri peri sauce is pretty tasty...

Hungry Jack's is only good when you ask for the heavy mayo. And that's so some drips out for your fries.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
I've often mentioned it but here's a picture of the Wetherburger from Wetherspoons.
Not the best burgers in the world but good enough to satisfy your burg cravings this one was topped with bacon, avocado and chilli con carne.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Gaz2k21 posted:

I've often mentioned it but here's a picture of the Wetherburger from Wetherspoons.
Not the best burgers in the world but good enough to satisfy your burg cravings this one was topped with bacon, avocado and chilli con carne.

poo poo, looks good to me.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
wetherspoons microwave they burgers and everything else

so while it looks good, it is actually trash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

That is a crying shame since that burger looks awesome.

• Locked thread