Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mordaedil posted:

What is ruined?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Another Good Episode. Not sure I was a fan of the sketch-like way they animated the action scenes, but they had basically all the important manga moments with some elaboration.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Some of the early animation was a little bad, but everything with Licenseless Rider was perfection. :allears:

There aren't any preview pics up on the site for next weeks episode it seems.
Gonna be a long week.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm still really sad that they keep cutting out the labels on people's shirts :sigh:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

NEET shirt guy's voice was absolutely perfect

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

No mistakes. Only happy accidents.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Anyway, this episode was really good. The part with Licenseless Rider facing off against Sea King is probably my favorite moment in the manga, and they really did it justice.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

oh poo poo i didnt mean to make a pun...

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

The moment was really good and I'm glad that it was the focus of the episode.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I was looking forward to this episode, mainly because I can now post this video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWefSrqDtLE

A quick summary of everything up to the end of Sea King fight, and why you should go read the manga. I'm kind of surprised that ONE is still having One Punch Man as his hobby instead of his actual main work, but then again it probably wouldn't be as good if it wasn't.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Some of you are absolutely insane :psyduck: The animation at the start was absolutely fantastic.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Personally, I really like the sketchy style. It makes the action feel really, uh, powerful I guess.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can't believe they broke the pattern of episode names being The Adjective Noun.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
The anime did this arc justice, and overall I've enjoyed its depiction of events. Saitama is great.

DeafNote
Jun 4, 2014

Only Happy When It Rains
I love how extra detailed they made Sea Kings retransformation in the rain

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
Watching the bike do nothing and having zero impact had me giggling. I thought it was going to be really animated, but watching it fall flat was perfect. Justice Crash :allears:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what if mumen rider wrote the threatening letter :tinfoil:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
As always, Common Rider is the S-Rank of my heart. Stellar stuff, seeing Saitama so very happy he made a friend with similar values to him was great.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Episode was beautiful and perfect in every way. It felt extra long too, probably because of all the different segments it had.

e: oh right, after-credits stuff.

e:e: still laughing about Saitama's little head bobble. :xd:

a kitten fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Nov 29, 2015

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I really dig Geno's theme.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

jwang posted:

I was looking forward to this episode, mainly because I can now post this video here:

A quick summary of everything up to the end of Sea King fight, and why you should go read the manga. I'm kind of surprised that ONE is still having One Punch Man as his hobby instead of his actual main work, but then again it probably wouldn't be as good if it wasn't.

How popular is 100 Mob anyway? I would kill to see animated Reigen

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
While I enjoyed the bulk of the episode, I can't say I liked the decision to split up the Sea King's defeat and Saitama playing heel.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

While I enjoyed the bulk of the episode, I can't say I liked the decision to split up the Sea King's defeat and Saitama playing heel.

For a brief moment I was incredibly scared that they would skip it for some reason

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Yeah, same.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

breaking the end of the Sea King stuff up definitely felt a bit odd, worried me at first like everyone else. the episode hit all the right notes for me though, and i really liked the extra hospital bits that made Prisoner feel more playful/showed fallout from his loss. Mumen Rider was done perfectly too, i couldn't hold back the tears. :qq:

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I didn't mind the way it flowed and having the hate mail lead into it was different while still being good in it's own right.

This episode was fantastic, it was very well done the whole way through.

TheKingofSprings fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Nov 29, 2015

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Saitama's punch blowing away all the rain ruled.
A really nice touch.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

Having Genos on the cover is a nice touch, but something for Rider would have been a better choice.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

jwang posted:

There are a couple flashes here from a bonus chapter that showed that this isn't the first time Saitama and Licenseless Rider have met. Again, more incentive to read the manga, because it's got a lot of little bonus chapters and side stories not part of the official chapter count that probably won't get adapted.

raocow
Apr 23, 2007

Keen Dreams

Please give me a chance to be a better person. -Willhart

Nahxela posted:

A really nice touch.

probably my favourite 'little thing' of the episode

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Nahxela posted:

A really nice touch.

I like how fast it happened.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's also a hole in the cloud directly through the hole in Sea King's torso

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

I now have respect for Mumen Rider. He's a cool guy.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Episode did a drat good job at showing just how heroic Mumen Rider is - and that right after someone vastly more powerful took an acid blast for someone else. Really liked that little flashback to Rider driving Saitama around. Also, some great action in the beginning - I always like that super-fluid deformed style when they're going all-out!

Didn't have my favourite little unimportant detail, though. In the comic, Saitama's punch goes right through the Sea King's fist and the dude goes googly-eyed. I think that one was redrawn in a later release, but I sure don't know why, because I loved that panel. :allears:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Torquemadras posted:

Episode did a drat good job at showing just how heroic Mumen Rider is - and that right after someone vastly more powerful took an acid blast for someone else. Really liked that little flashback to Rider driving Saitama around. Also, some great action in the beginning - I always like that super-fluid deformed style when they're going all-out!

Didn't have my favourite little unimportant detail, though. In the comic, Saitama's punch goes right through the Sea King's fist and the dude goes googly-eyed. I think that one was redrawn in a later release, but I sure don't know why, because I loved that panel. :allears:

He did end up redrawing that punch.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The scale is all out of whack on the original punch. Like the road is at least three or four times wider than a real road would ever be in a city centre and the cars look tiny on there.

The new panel, which the anime uses, where the Sea King just stops dead in his tracks after being unstoppable and annihilating everyone is drawn better and works better thematically too, in my opinion.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Saitama and Mumen Rider are both great! :3:

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I also liked the frame-by-frame replay on the tablet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nahxela posted:

I also liked the frame-by-frame replay on the tablet

Me too. I like this angle that the anime is emphasizing of how eerie Saitama's existence is from the other character's PoVs.

• Locked thread