Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

I still don't know poo poo about HEB but they have Pikmin 3 listed for $5: https://www.heb.com/product-detail/nintendo-pikmin-3-for-nintendo-wii-u/1708122

Do they do shipping? There are no HEBs anywhere near my region of the US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

HEB sells games????

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Zant was trash for a long while but after they buffed him he was decidedly less garbage and more fun to play

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

That's pretty tempting, I've never heard of that site before though. Have you used them before? Ever had any problems?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Alec Eiffel posted:

So if you have more games than a Wii can hold then your poo poo out of luck on some? Because I can't fit them all on the console either.

No, no, no. The licenses for these software will transfer, meaning you can re-download them at any time. Don't worry about fitting them all on your Wii. The Wii U will automatically re-download everything for you during the transfer.

Also if you have stuff saved on an SD card for space reasons (I did), you can still use that same SD card in Wii mode after the transfer. All your games will still be there. It's using that stuff on the old Wii that won't work, because your Wii Shop data will be wiped and transferred to the Wii U and the Wii is reset to factory default. You can do a backup, though, as folks mentioned and I don't think it's hard to do? I didn't bother, personally. The Wii U still functions as a Wii, and if I want to play Gamecube stuff, none of that requires the Wii's memory, just memory cards.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Cia was actually really fun to play as. Her Y -> X x3 combo was a huge shockwave that could hit three times and that was great.

It's very hard to use but Summoner's Book Lana is also very powerful if you know how to use its mechanics. Fly around on Argorok forever.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Folt The Bolt posted:

Eh, I find that Zant works fine once you know how his mechanics work. Though he can be hard to use for newcomers.

He's weak as poo poo even if you know how his mechanics work, is all.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The actual best character is Darunia and it's a goddamn travesty nobody has mentioned him up to this point.

Worst character is Agatha. She sucks. Everyone says Ruto is bad but she actually clicks fairly well with me though yeah he movement can be kinda stiff.

I have probably about 100 hours into the game and I still haven't tried spinner Link, horse Link, dominion rod Zelda, or Tingle.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Ruto's kinda clunky but she has some strong attacks at least, that big wave is a great screen clearer and she can at least juggle fairly well.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
my favorites are rapier zelda, sheik, and zant.

the gimmick/mechanic people are referring to with zant is that you can mash the special button during his combo attacks to extend them and build up a meter that you expend for his basic special. but if you mash too much and overfill the meter, he whiffs the combo attack. once you get the hang of it, he's crazy fun.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Macaluso posted:

You can easily just mash poo poo in Bayonetta and have a great time. That's what I did.

Also rail shooter? Bayonetta? :confused:

I can understand if people who didn't play them when they were new are a bit put off by the first three levels of Space Harrier and like two tracks from Super Hang-On being fully duplicated in the game. The Space Harrier homage was one of the coolest things to me though, especially that the voice actress even does that exaggerated "AAAUUUGH!" from the original game whenever you crash into something.

Also I forget if it's in 2 but Bayonetta 1 at least has a really good range of difficulty levels if it seems too challenging. So it can definitely be mashed through. There's even a mode where ALL you have to do is mash buttons as Bayonetta will automatically move into range of the nearest enemy.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Maybe Ruto's inefficient or something, but swimming right through armies is really fun.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Inflammatory posted:

my favorites are rapier zelda, sheik, and zant.

the gimmick/mechanic people are referring to with zant is that you can mash the special button during his combo attacks to extend them and build up a meter that you expend for his basic special. but if you mash too much and overfill the meter, he whiffs the combo attack. once you get the hang of it, he's crazy fun.

After playing the Zant levels on the Twilight map I'm not sure I know what fun is anymore.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Neo Rasa posted:

I can understand if people who didn't play them when they were new are a bit put off by the first three levels of Space Harrier and like two tracks from Super Hang-On being fully duplicated in the game. The Space Harrier homage was one of the coolest things to me though, especially that the voice actress even does that exaggerated "AAAUUUGH!" from the original game whenever you crash into something.

The Space Harrier level owns by itself but sometimes I just really wanna replay the final Jeanne fight and going through a long shmup again before that is kind of a bummer

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

RyokoTK posted:

After playing the Zant levels on the Twilight map I'm not sure I know what fun is anymore.

fun is catching like fifty enemies with zant's spin attack and carrying them halfway across the map with it. hope that helps.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Impa loving rules.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How's tingle

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

How's tingle

He's OK and he appreciates your concern.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Junpei Hyde posted:

He's OK and he appreciates your concern.

Gotta look out for my little buddy

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

The Space Harrier section of Bayonetta 1 is actually totally awful, though? You're so big that it's hard to see what you're even shooting at, there's no complexity to it, and the whole thing drags on for what feels like Literally 32 Hours.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

You also have to sit through it every time you want to rematch the best boss in the game

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

GreenBuckanneer posted:

(I got W101 too but I'm not really digging it,
Turn the language settings to Japanese and pretend it's a lost Power Rangers season. I tried the demo in English and it suuuuucked, but when I played the game with Gloriously Honorable Nipponese it was pretty rad.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Turn the language settings to Japanese and pretend it's a lost Power Rangers season. I tried the demo in English and it suuuuucked, but when I played the game with Gloriously Honorable Nipponese it was pretty rad.

Here's an alternate suggestion: Don't do that.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
W101 is the best game on the wii u and the english va is like, fine

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FilthyImp posted:

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
zelda with the diminion rod is my powerful friend

Pteretis
Nov 4, 2011

Suaimhneas posted:

That's pretty tempting, I've never heard of that site before though. Have you used them before? Ever had any problems?

I've used base.com before and had no issues.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Looper posted:

W101 is the best game on the wii u and the english va is like, fine
It is adequate, but does not convey the requisite BURNING JUSTICE that the Japanese cast brings to the table. Furthermore, #weeb

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

W101's english dub is a rare case where if you say the Japanese version is better you are just factually wrong.

Wonder Red and Blue's VA as well as Vorkken are too strong

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

Ptarmigans posted:

I've used base.com before and had no issues.

Cool, thanks.

Also yeah, Vorkken's english VA is glorious and I can't imagine how anything else would be an improvement

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Like I could see the argument that Wonder Pink and Luka aren't fun to listen to but I have a very hard time believing it's any better in japanese. Also what would like french or russian accents even sound like

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I don't think I'll ever play wonderful 101.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

I should probably finish W101 someday

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Kaubocks posted:

I should probably start W101 someday

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I should probably play through W101 for the third time someday

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

8-bit Miniboss posted:

I should probably buy W101 someday.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

mabels big day posted:

I don't think I'll ever play wonderful 101.

Kaubocks posted:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Junpei Hyde posted:

I should probably buy W101 someday.

i'm going to flip my freaking desk over

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I've played pretty much all of them other than transformers/korra and I think the final stretch of W101 is probably my favourite Platinum endgame

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
isn't w101 the game where you just save kids all day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

isn't w101 the game where you just save kids all day

No that's Moonwalker.

• Locked thread