Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (September 28-29, 1928)

Peanuts (November 30, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

So many unanswered questions, but the main one is "How the hell did he get to the gate of a major American airport without a ticket in 2015?"

I'll believe the impossible, but not the implausible. :colbert:

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (June 17, 1929)

DEAD MAN'S SHOE
Nov 23, 2003

We will become evil and the stars will come alive

RandomFerret posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

Oh man, that first panel is great. Not just the art, the writing too.

Wow, can't believe you've gotten over that Bill Watterson cameo so quickly. So many childhoods.. raped. It's trash, buddy.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Nancy

:unsmigghh:

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

oh my loving god Gilchrist!

edit: why on earth is GG so loving weird and creepy? Eg. this one from 2010

"Wowza, you really are a super hot 24 year old singer, can you send me a hot photo so I can wank at it?"
  - signed, an 8 year old boy
       - a cartoon by a 54 years old creep

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Nov 28, 2015

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

I'm glad to see they put a New York poster up in Pru's room so she can remember what it looks like while she's away. It works well with established continuity, wherein Gunther put Australia posters up on Quill's side of their room so he could feel more at home as well.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Probably one of the multitudes of other superheroes hanging around the city who have already been established, in your own newspaper comic, to be better than you. Maybe Iron Man since he has capitalist interests that Namor is almost definitely loving up. Or Thor. You and Namor had a conversation earlier about how Thor could handle it. Are the Fantastic Four or the X-Men available?

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

I am greatly enjoying our buddy frustratedly flailing around in Panel One.

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Nov 28, 2015

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Mark Trail

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Golly, we sure are lucky to be under constant government surveillance!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set makes a timely reference.

Working Daze something something nerd thing.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix plans ahead.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Outland reminds you what it was like in late 1991.

Ripley's

#spookyoctothorpes

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

"And therefore now, on that bench, you, Olive, shall die. Do not fight it, Olive. It is what must be."

Rex Morgan MD

She already had the baby? No wacky hijinks with a broken elevator or anything? No complications to cause tension and drama? She just plopped out the baby just like that?

Secret Agent X-9 is full of manly men doing manly things!

Apartment 3-G '98 (timged for you all that don't care since there's a week here)

Tommie speaks!

And she's sassy!

What? How is that supposed to make him feel better?

For Sunday, they go a bit country.

"Tarnation, Pa! I don't want to mosey on home, no how!"

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

I'll be honest, in some weird way the tolerable art being paired with such a horrendous case of chronic googly eyes in 90s A3G is more off-putting than Frank Bolle's final strips. The latter were at least consistent, whereas with Kotzky it's fine for a while and then you get a last panel like this one:

Seriously, is there like a missing nose line or something that could salvage this eye positioning? What was the thought process on this?

sweetguts
Apr 29, 2013

I know what I'm about.

Aardmania posted:

Gil 07/13/14

Aw man I forgot how good Gil was. It's not hilarious or anything but it's a lot more genuine and cute than the blah cynicism that is Retail.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Wanamingo posted:

There was an Arlo and Janis comic a little while back that had Janis concerned her butt was big, too. Who are all these people that don't like big butts?

I don't like big butts and I cannot lie.

Moomin

Well this is just one of the all too many cases on our books of chartered accountancy. The only way that we can fight this terrible debilitating social disease, is by informing the general public of its consequences, by showing young people that it's just not worth it. So please give generously to this address:

The League for Fighting Chartered Accountancy,
55 Lincoln House, Basil Street,
London, SW3.

Classic Dilbert

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Out Our Way (May 4-5, 1928)

Pogo (November 29-30, 1957)

Meanwhile, goodbye to Peanuts: Year Three... (October 1, 1953)

...and welcome to Peanuts: Year Four. (October 2-4, 1953)

Back To B.C.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Darthemed posted:

Ripley's

#spookyoctothorpes

Quoting a related post from months ago that I remember because I was going to say the same thing before Indolent Bastard beat me to it.

Indolent Bastard posted:

Pound sign? Pound sign!? It's called an octothorpe you jack rear end. If you are going to be a curmudgeon at least curmudgeon correctly.

And why can't I use an interobang rather than a !? combo? Stupid iPad.

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July
Incidentally, I don't know if Indolent Bastard learned this or not, but you can actually configure your iPad to replace "?!" or "!?" with "‽" by adding the latter as a Text Replacement for the former (under Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement)

Ask me how I know... :v:

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (November 28, 1950)

Barnaby (May 5, 1942)

Nancy (January 13, 1943)

Krazy Kat (May 5, 1929)

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Mark Trail was arrested on multiple counts of murder. He is current serving 20 to life in a maximum security federal penitentiary. The end.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Lowen SoDium posted:

Quoting a related post from months ago that I remember because I was going to say the same thing before Indolent Bastard beat me to it.

It's called a hash.That's where the term "hash tag" comes from. Calling it a "hashtag symbol" is dumb as gently caress. Better than "pound sign" though, because this is a pound sign: £

"Octothorpe" is technically OK, but it's an awkward word compared with "hash" and a lot of people won't know what you mean when you say it.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

It's pounds like lbs. That's why.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Having a strong opinion about those terms is going too far.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

:(

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Tiggum posted:

It's called a hash.That's where the term "hash tag" comes from. Calling it a "hashtag symbol" is dumb as gently caress. Better than "pound sign" though, because this is a pound sign: £

"Octothorpe" is technically OK, but it's an awkward word compared with "hash" and a lot of people won't know what you mean when you say it.

It is officially U+0023 NUMBER SIGN. "octothorpe", "crosshatch", "pound sign", and "hash" are all official alternate names. :eng101:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Everybody quit being a bunch of nitpicky nerds when everybody loving knows it's a tic-tac-toe sign.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

ComradeCosmobot posted:

Incidentally, I don't know if Indolent Bastard learned this or not, but you can actually configure your iPad to replace "?!" or "!?" with "‽" by adding the latter as a Text Replacement for the former (under Settings > General > Keyboard > Text Replacement)

Ask me how I know... :v:

Someone else pointed that fact out after the original post, but thanks for the assist, I always appreciate a helpful goon. :)

Everything Counts
Oct 10, 2012

Don't "shhh!" me, you rich bastard!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze something something nerd thing.

Didn't this strip do this exact joke earlier this year, except it was about World of Warcraft instead of Hearthstone?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Indolent Bastard posted:

Someone else pointed that fact out after the original post, but thanks for the assist, I always appreciate a helpful goon. :)

That was apparently me then, too. Huh. Well, always good to make sure people can interrobang it up!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I encourage any effort to increase the use of the interrobang.

F Minus

Mary Worth

OK beyond that this is weird and a bit creepy, I just realized I have yet to see Olive being "in low spirits" in any way at all.

Rex Morgan Md

"Dallis" is a reference to RMMD's creator, Nick Dallis, who also created Judge Parker and

Apartment 3-G October 26-31, 1998

I don't know what Tommie is doing there. A chicken impression? Maybe she really has to go to the bathroom?

Now that's a great face.

SomeMathGuy posted:

I'll be honest, in some weird way the tolerable art being paired with such a horrendous case of chronic googly eyes in 90s A3G is more off-putting than Frank Bolle's final strips. The latter were at least consistent, whereas with Kotzky it's fine for a while and then you get a last panel like this one:

Seriously, is there like a missing nose line or something that could salvage this eye positioning? What was the thought process on this?
I agree that this artist tends to draw eyes that too far apart. I think it might indeed be the lack of lines or shadowing defining where the nose should be. I mean there's like just two holes in her head. I guess it's a style thing, or most likely intended to make it look like she has a dainty lady-nose.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

Newspaper Mickey Mouse (1935-1936):

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyONt_ZH_aw

When it comes to great steaks, I've just RAISED the stakes

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Today's Nancy guest written by Ben Carson

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Hm, it seems like earlier today I posted the same Moomin as yesterday, so here's the actual new one:

Little My's mouth in the first strip :gonk:

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Phantom

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Bloom County 2015

Peanuts (December 1, 1968)

Funky Winkerbean

Pogo (September 19, 1965)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
"The Struggles of a Princess" by Les Moore

Once upon a time, I lived in a castle where a princess got cancer. It hit all of us who lived there very hard. Down in the courtyards, I was a young squire who'd seen the princess from afar some 10 years earlier and pined for her ever since...

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Outland

Ripley's

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Dorset MN is ruining democracy.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Is Ted Rall going to sue Thailand now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Prince Valiant

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt